PDA

View Full Version : Bane/Smite, Deity alignment, and all that jazz.

Shari
03-12-2005, 01:17 AM
So, my cleric is an Ivas follower. But when I prep 302 it says its prepping for bane.

However, on my cast hand window it says smite.

WTF am I really casting?

I'd like her to smite and since she's following and "evil" god, shouldn't she smite?

And...does anyone have the list of which gods give which spell, and how well they work against living/undead?

Kitsun
03-12-2005, 01:29 AM
You're casting Bane, the way they coded it is just flat. So it'll just say smite. Don't sweat it.

Generally good is smite, evil is bane. The exception is like Charl that banes.

Sean
03-12-2005, 05:12 AM
convert list... the top is smite the bottom is bane. And if your using it cross cast IE: your bane and using it on undead its damage is basically 1/2 and the mana cost is 2x (or 4 mana for a non infused cast).

Ryenn
03-12-2005, 06:30 PM
I believe also that Fash'lo'nae yields smite, which would be an exception for the Lornon gods.

Himmy
09-14-2005, 04:46 AM
When the system for bane/smite was first implemented, didn't the lesser arkati give various ratios of damage to living/dead? For instance if you followed Arachne then you would do a little more damage to dead things than someone following Ivas. Does that make sense? And, if so... Am I anywhere near correct or am I at the wrong ballpark?

Burnt out Priestess
09-14-2005, 05:23 AM
I do more damage to living as an Arachne follower then i do dead things.

Stunseed
09-14-2005, 05:36 AM
Zelia does more damage to undead than living, but still messes up both. ;)

cajunlady
09-14-2005, 06:33 AM
bane is purplish in color and smite is blue... Ivas follower would be bane casting. Should cost you 2 mana per cast to go against the living, and 4 against undead. Reverse is true if you were to cast smite.
I'm not sure about the damage difference between smite/bane since they changed the mechanics to 302 when they brought Divine Fury in. I have trouble hitting the living with 302, but I don't know if it is because I have smite, or maybe my CS isn't as high as it needs to be, or maybe any cleric has the same trouble. When I can't ward, I use 317(Fury) or 111(Fire).
Both Bane and Smite have the chance to instantly charbroil the foe.

Jayvn
09-14-2005, 10:21 AM
Do we have a post somewhere of all the different 319's? I can put up Jastev's and I've seen Arachne's with her spiderweb slinging

Leetahkin
09-14-2005, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by cajunlady
bane is purplish in color and smite is blue... Ivas follower would be bane casting.

What clerical spell (follower of Ivas) is emerald?

Ent's fiance is an Ivasian cleric. :heart:

Jayvn
09-14-2005, 10:31 AM
Engaged to an Ivasian? that'll be a swingin relationship.

Flurbins
09-14-2005, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Nobody Cares

312 will be whatever color the casters eyes are, so emerald eyes would be an emerald cast.

Also Zenaxa, you should have the same chance to hit everything with 302/312/317.
The latter 2 just do a hell of a lot more damage than smite vs. the living (and undead [depending on your training, how you cast, and your endroll]).

TheRoseLady
09-14-2005, 09:13 PM

Prayer 313 gives the cleric different colored eyes depending on deity selection.

Someone asked about Divine Wrath. This website shows a good number of the various deities.

http://www.gs4.org/index.php?pagename=DIVINEWRTH&op=modload&name=pnPh pWiki&file=index

Snapp
09-14-2005, 10:07 PM
I absolutely love the messaging with all the different Divine Wraths. Thanks for posting that TRL.

cajunlady
09-14-2005, 10:32 PM

bane is purplish in color and smite is blue... Ivas follower would be bane casting.

the emerald spell you're seeing there is divine wrath... hits multiple baddies. Luukos also has emerald eyes.. but he has talons in wrath, I think she has leaves.

[Edited on 9-15-2005 by cajunlady]
edited because I just had too much going on too post correctly!

[Edited on 9-15-2005 by cajunlady]

TheRoseLady
09-14-2005, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Snapp
I absolutely love the messaging with all the different Divine Wraths. Thanks for posting that TRL.

You're welcome. Jharra did a lot of the neat messaging for cleric spells. In fact, between Divine Wrath (I seldom use it...), Prayer and most importantly the messaging I get when I link a body (308) are just outstanding. I wish more PCs would select a deity and convert, it makes that process a bit more interesting for my character. She can often tailor prayers based on the "feeling" that she gets from the linking.

cajunlady
09-15-2005, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by TheRoseLady

You're welcome. Jharra did a lot of the neat messaging for cleric spells. In fact, between Divine Wrath (I seldom use it...), Prayer and most importantly the messaging I get when I link a body (308) are just outstanding. I wish more PCs would select a deity and convert, it makes that process a bit more interesting for my character. She can often tailor prayers based on the "feeling" that she gets from the linking.

I agree! It does make it much more interactive for a "link". Zenaxa was a little shaky a couple weeks ago after "feeling" a dagger on her throat. It unnerved her pretty good. I whispered to the former corpse to request he reveal his deity, but he wouldn't say. Thanks to the Panarkati Festival and what I learned, I now think it might have been Onar. Neat!
Also... who has the chilling snow? Lumnis I know has snowflakes associated with her in the clerical shop in Icemule, but I don't think I have knowingly raised a fellow... hmm.. Lumnisian?

TheRoseLady
09-15-2005, 07:11 AM

I agree! It does make it much more interactive for a "link". Zenaxa was a little shaky a couple weeks ago after "feeling" a dagger on her throat. It unnerved her pretty good. I whispered to the former corpse to request he reveal his deity, but he wouldn't say. Thanks to the Panarkati Festival and what I learned, I now think it might have been Onar. Neat!
Also... who has the chilling snow? Lumnis I know has snowflakes associated with her in the clerical shop in Icemule, but I don't think I have knowingly raised a fellow... hmm.. Lumnisian? [/quote]

I've never written them down, so I'm not sure if I've ever seen the snowflakes. Purring is Tonis. Heat of a forge is Eonak. Autumn leaves I think was Imaera. Starry night or something starry is Ronan. Scales of some sort is Luukos. Can't remember what Arachne was, and I've seen Jastev and a few others. I'll try and post them as I find em.

I guess we could paste them here, as an aside, you can profile the person and see their deity. I know that's not IC but it does help us to learn which message is which.

I've seen the dagger, I believe that is Onar but not positive.

[Edited on 9-15-2005 by TheRoseLady]

Leetahkin
09-15-2005, 08:04 AM
Hmm, I'm curious to know what the messaging would be with Ent, as she follows Leya. I'll have to have her conveniently die to check it out :whistle:

Czeska
09-15-2005, 08:28 AM
I believe snowflakes is Lorminstra. That's what Morandas told me between cackles, anyway.

cajunlady
09-15-2005, 08:39 AM
Hmm, I'm curious to know what the messaging would be with Ent, as she follows Leya. I'll have to have her conveniently die to check it out :whistle:

Make sure a cleric with enough religious ranks gets you up so they can detect it :D Please post when done- I'd love to see it !

cajunlady
09-15-2005, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Czeska
I believe snowflakes is Lorminstra. That's what Morandas told me between cackles, anyway.

Thanks! I would have thought she'd have somthing to do with keys.. silly me! :smilegrin:

Jayvn
09-15-2005, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the 319 link :)

Shari
09-15-2005, 11:28 AM
Um...wouldn't a purring sound be more likely for Andelas?

Leetahkin
09-15-2005, 11:34 AM

Make sure a cleric with enough religious ranks gets you up so they can detect it :D Please post when done- I'd love to see it !

If there's someone around these boards with an elder cleric that wants to test this tonight when I get home, gimme a shout. I would have had Daehlin do this, but he may not have enough ranks. So if he's around, he can be the one to kill Ent! :smilegrin:

Oh yeah, Solhaven/Landing/Mule area.

cajunlady
09-15-2005, 12:02 PM

[quote]Originally posted by Nobody Cares

If there's someone around these boards with an elder cleric that wants to test this tonight when I get home, gimme a shout. I would have had Daehlin do this, but he may not have enough ranks. So if he's around, he can be the one to kill Ent! :smilegrin:

Oh yeah, Solhaven/Landing/Mule area. [/quote

Im in Sol Haven.. also want to hear the lectures tonight... so I'll be aeound Mule. if you dont find anyone else.
:D

TheRoseLady
09-15-2005, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Jesae
Um...wouldn't a purring sound be more likely for Andelas?

Yep, I blame that on a negative coffee situation. :lol:

TheRoseLady
09-15-2005, 05:59 PM

Oh yeah, Solhaven/Landing/Mule area.

I'm in the rift but could easily slip down to Mule, I definitely have the religion ranks.

Just give me a U2U.

Snapp
09-15-2005, 06:00 PM
About how many ranks of relgion lore do you need to see the messaging? Anyone have any idea?

TheRoseLady
09-15-2005, 06:15 PM
About how many ranks of relgion lore do you need to see the messaging? Anyone have any idea?

I really don't know, I have 84 ranks....I never miss if the person is converted.

TheRoseLady
09-15-2005, 06:49 PM
Well correction, I guess there is a random chance of not sensing. After relinking NC I got this for Leya

For one fleeting moment as your soul touches XXXX soul, you feel an overwhelming sense of fright and desperation. Then a wave of blissful calmness settles upon you as you sense your souls have linked together the smell of trillium flowers surrounds you briefly.

TheRoseLady
09-15-2005, 06:51 PM
And for those wondering this is what I get for a default:

For one fleeting moment as your soul touches XXXX soul, you feel an overwhelming sense of fright and desperation. Then a wave of blissful calmness settles upon you as you sense your souls have linked together an odd scent drifts past, but it is impossible to place its origin.

Either person is not converted or the chance to get the sensation didn't happen.

Leetahkin
09-15-2005, 06:56 PM
Trillium flowers make total sense with Leya.

TheRoseLady
10-01-2005, 09:41 AM
As promised here's another link, this time from Fash'lo'nae.

If you aren't converted, pick a deity and make a cleric happy.

For one fleeting moment as your soul touches person's soul, you feel an overwhelming sense of fright and desperation. Then a wave of blissful calmness settles upon you as you sense your souls have linked together the smell of dry, ancient parchment drifts past.

Leetahkin
10-01-2005, 06:16 PM
On the flipside, Ent got this when her love linked to her (tuberose?):

A silvery translucent thread extends from Daehlin encompassing you. You sense the comfort of salvation, and the smell of tuberose incense twines slowly around you.

But she got this, where I thought it would be a scent, not a taste?:

You gesture at Entress.
A silvery translucent thread extends from you encompassing Entress's corpse.
For one fleeting moment as your soul touches Entress's soul, you feel an overwhelming sense of fright and desperation. Then a wave of blissful calmness settles upon you as you sense your souls have linked together you taste something odd, but the taste is not something you can identify.

TheRoseLady
10-01-2005, 07:05 PM
That taste is the default. Must be some random thing in there to signify if you'll get the convert messaging. It happened with us, where it didn't let me see your message - so I linked again.

Himmy
10-01-2005, 07:09 PM
Sheru is the laughing of a jackal. In case anyone was interested.

Burnt out Priestess
10-02-2005, 06:23 AM
Encased in spiderwebs or something like that is Arachne.

Czeska
10-02-2005, 11:24 AM
My young cleric had her first experience with 319 today. I was cracking up.

You gesture at a mountain goat.
As you pour your soul into an appeal to Zelia, you know that you are heard. Something inside your head snaps, and with unnatural clarity you see three crescent moons gleen to life just above your head. You sense great wisdom waiting to be unlocked.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

Chaotic visions and marvelous images flicker around you as the outside world slips farther and farther away from your awareness. What does it matter, anyway, when you are so close to triumphing over the foundations of a dead goldfish. The power of Zelia has answered your prayer.

You notice a snow leopard nearby. How marvelous! You command the halflings to set it on fire.
CS: +120 - TD: +87 + CvA: +25 + d100: +59 == +117
Warding failed!
... and hits for 3 points of damage!

cajunlady
10-03-2005, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Czeska
My young cleric had her first experience with 319 today. I was cracking up.

You gesture at a mountain goat.
As you pour your soul into an appeal to Zelia, you know that you are heard. Something inside your head snaps, and with unnatural clarity you see three crescent moons gleen to life just above your head. You sense great wisdom waiting to be unlocked.

Chaotic visions and marvelous images flicker around you as the outside world slips farther and farther away from your awareness. What does it matter, anyway, when you are so close to triumphing over the foundations of a dead goldfish. The power of Zelia has answered your prayer.

You notice a snow leopard nearby. How marvelous! You command the halflings to set it on fire.
CS: +120 - TD: +87 + CvA: +25 + d100: +59 == +117
Warding failed!
... and hits for 3 points of damage!

:lol: I almost fell off my chair! Thanks fer a great start to my day! My face hurts.

TheEschaton
10-03-2005, 11:37 AM
(Edited to bold the interesting parts)

I personally think Deity ALignment is the most awesomest thing ever, but then, my two main characters are priests. Here's some clips. My Charl worshipping priest even died, so you can see a link from a Charl aligned person (from the perspective of a Luukos aligned person).

Bane against the Living:
You channel at a massive black boar.
A sickly, violet haze encompasses a massive black boar.
CS: +XXX - TD: +223 + CvA: +25 + d100: +7 == +XXX
Warding failed!
The violet haze chaotically swirls around the boar, the tremendous force causing the victim to crumple inward upon itself!
The black boar is hit for XX points of damage!
... XX points of damage!
Stinging burn to the black boar's hand.

Bane against the living (instant kill):
You channel at a black forest viper.
A sickly, violet haze encompasses a black forest viper.
CS: +XXX - TD: +220 + CvA: +25 + d100: +49 == +XXX
Warding failed!
A triad of ebony orbs cojoined by crackling ribbons of violet energy suddenly appear out of nowhere. The pulsating orbs take up a position directly in front of the black forest viper, and slowly begin to move apart, stopping when they form a triangular shape of equal height to the creature. Encasing the viper within this framework, the triangle begins to rotate with tremendous speed, binding the viper with a cocoon of energy ribbons. A blur of violet and black obscures a black forest viper from view and as mysteriously as the orbs appeared, they fade away. All that remains of the viper is a charred ashen figure of its former self lying upon the ground.

Luukos: 312/313/319

312 (Fervent Reproach):
You channel at a black forest viper.
A single dim, dark globe springs to life in your left hand. With a flick of your left wrist, the globe dances through the air toward a black forest viper!
CS: +Something - TD: +232 + CvA: +25 + d100: +48 == +Somethin'Else
Warding failed!
The orb squarely impacts a black forest viper, discharging the dark energy over its entire being for Lots'O points of damage!
The dark energy pulses for an additional HolyCrap points of damage ...
The black forest viper twists and coils violently in its death throes, finally going still.
Tiny scintillas of dark light spiral up from the black forest viper to form a pulsing sphere of erratic energy. The dark sphere blinks out of existance for a fraction of a heartbeat, reappearing directly above you.
The dark sphere begins to move in an ever-increasingly fast circle above your head until it shatters into a shower of brilliant energy, which then seeps into your skin!
Roundtime: 3 sec.

Other's View:
XXX gestures at a massive black boar.
A single dim, dark globe springs to life in XXX's left hand. The globe leaps from XXX's left hand and dances through the air toward a massive black boar!
CS: +XXX - TD: +223 + CvA: +25 + d100: +69 == +XXX
Warding failed!
The orb squarely impacts a massive black boar, discharging the dark energy over his entire being for XXX points of damage!
The dark energy pulses for an additional XXX points of damage ...
... dissipating with a final discharge of XXX points of damage!

312 (Prayer):
You gesture.
Turning your thoughts inward, you ask for the will of your deity to protect you. Something smooth yet hard rasps over your cheek, like the pebbled scales of a great serpent, and you sense that your prayer has been granted.

Other's View:
XXXXX raises a hand while murmuring a soft orison...
XXXXX gestures.
Emerald light glitters in XXXXX's eyes.

319 is on that webpage, talons, etc.....kinda weak, if you ask me.
But just for shits n' giggles:

319 (Divine Wrath):
You gesture at a black forest ogre.
As you pour your soul into an appeal to Luukos, you know that you are heard. Your skin prickles slightly all over your body, and a deep, resonant hiss echoes through your skull.
>
An agonized, bitter moan echoes through the area from an unseen source, and a dark emerald radiance ripples through the air around you. The power of Luukos has answered your prayer.
>
Long, spectral talons materialize from midair to tear viciously at the body of a black forest ogre!
CS: +Wowser - TD: +227 + CvA: +17 + d100: +56 == +Eeesh
Warding failed!
... and hits for Whoa points of damage!

The light in a black forest ogre's eyes goes out as she collapses and finally dies.
The black forest ogre no longer bristles with energy.
A black forest ogre glances around, looking a bit less confident.
The glowing specks of energy surrounding a black forest ogre suddenly shoot off in all directions, then quickly fade away.
The tingling sensation and sense of security leaves a black forest ogre.
The brilliant luminescence fades from around a black forest ogre.
The shimmering multicolored sphere fades from around a black forest ogre.
The bright luminescence fades from around a black forest ogre.
The silvery luminescence fades from around a black forest ogre.
A black forest ogre becomes solid again.
The translucent sphere fades from around a black forest ogre.

Other's View:
XXXX gestures at a massive black boar.
XXXX's skin shimmers faintly and develops a dark, slightly scaly veneer.
>
An agonized, bitter moan echoes through the area from an unseen source, and, only seconds later, a wave of dark emerald radiance ripples around XXXX.
>
Long, spectral talons materialize from midair to tear viciously at the body of a massive black boar!
CS: +XXX - TD: +223 + CvA: +25 + d100: +18 == +XXX
Warding failed!
... and hits for XXX points of damage!

The black boar collapses to the ground, emits a final squeal, and dies.

Charl:
312 (Fervent Reproach):
You channel at a black forest ogre.
A single radiant, crystal blue globe springs to life in your left hand. With a flick of your left wrist, the globe dances through the air toward a black forest ogre!
CS: +XXX - TD: +222 + CvA: +8 + d100: +69 == +XXX
Warding failed!
The orb squarely impacts a black forest ogre, discharging the crystal blue energy over his entire being for XXX points of damage!
The crystal blue energy pulses for an additional XXX points of damage ...
... XXX points of damage ...

Other's View:
XXXX channels at a black forest ogre.
A single radiant, crystal blue globe springs to life in XXXX's left hand. The globe leaps from XXXX's left hand and dances through the air toward a black forest ogre!
CS: +XXX - TD: +222 + CvA: +8 + d100: +69 == +XXX
Warding failed!
The orb squarely impacts a black forest ogre, discharging the crystal blue energy over his entire being for XXX points of damage!
The crystal blue energy pulses for an additional XXX points of damage ...

312 (Prayer):
You gesture.
Turning your thoughts inward, you ask for the wrath of your deity to protect you. The scent of brine and lightning-struck sand surrounds you, and you sense that your prayer has been granted.

Other's View:
YYYYY raises a hand while murmuring a soft orison...
YYYYY gestures.
Brilliant white light flickers in YYYYYY's eyes.
>

319 (Divine Wrath):

You gesture at a massive black boar.
As you pour your soul into an appeal to Charl, you know that you are heard. A briny gust of sea breeze swirls around you, and your skin tingles with electrical energy.

A deafening thunderclap splits the air! Rather than fading away, the sound's echoes grow, and they gather into a rhythmic, crashing pulse like the sound of storm-tossed waves breaking on a desolate shore. The power of Charl has answered your prayer.
>
White sparks flicker around you, and you sense electrical energy gathering in the instant before a massive bolt of lightning spears toward a massive black boar.
CS: +XXX - TD: +211 + CvA: +25 + d100: +94 == +XXX
Warding failed!
... and hits for XXX points of damage!

... XXX points of damage!
Light shock to neck. That stings!

Linking to a Charl aligned person (priest casting has 63 religion ranks):

A silvery translucent thread extends from you encompassing XXXX's corpse.
For one fleeting moment as your soul touches XXXX's soul, you feel an overwhelming sense of fright and desperation. Then a wave of blissful calmness settles upon you as you sense your souls have linked together your skin tingles with electrical energy.
Roundtime: 15 sec.

From the dead one's perspective:

XXXX gestures at you.
A silvery translucent thread extends from Yaddayadda encompassing you. You sense the comfort of salvation, and a scaly texture rasps slowly over your skin.

Then I killed my Luukos worshipping cleric, and this is what I got:

Charl worshipper linking to dead Luukos worshipper (55 religion ranks):

You gesture at XXXX.
A silvery translucent thread extends from you encompassing XXXX's corpse.
For one fleeting moment as your soul touches XXXX's soul, you feel an overwhelming sense of fright and desperation. Then a wave of blissful calmness settles upon you as you sense your souls have linked together a scaly texture rasps slowly over your skin.

What the dead body sees:
XXXX gestures at you.
A silvery translucent thread extends from XXXX encompassing you. You sense the comfort of salvation, and your skin tingles with electrical energy.

Some interesting notes: On 313 (prayer), Charl's follower invokes his deity's wrath, Luukos's follower invokes his deity's will. Odd. I suppose it makes sense given their temperments, but Charl is the Sea Judge, He has a stronger Will than anyone....

And, on a closing note: Don't pick Charl just because you want to follow a Liabo deity but want Bane, which most people seem to think is better. I hate that, and moreover, my Charl following cleric hates it more. Before I went abroad, he would take to drilling anyone who confessed to being a Charl worshipper, to see if they were genuine. Argh.

-TheE-

[Edited on 10-3-2005 by TheEschaton]

[Edited on 10-3-2005 by TheEschaton]

Sean
10-03-2005, 07:26 PM
you should also add 313 if your looking for diety specific scripting.

TheRoseLady
10-03-2005, 08:38 PM
For one fleeting moment as your soul touches person's soul, you feel an overwhelming sense of fright and desperation. Then a wave of blissful calmness settles upon you as you sense your souls have linked together a tide of dreamlike lassitude washes through you.

Ronan link.

[Edited on 10-4-2005 by TheRoseLady]

Tsunami
10-04-2005, 01:58 AM
From Zelian caster:

prep 313
You raise your hand while murmuring a soft orison, focusing on the Prayer spell...
Your spell is ready.
>cas
You gesture.
Turning your thoughts inward, you ask for the fickle spirit of your deity to protect you. A sudden wind chills your exposed skin, and you sense that your prayer has been granted.

Observer:

ZZZZZZ gestures.
Brilliant emerald light gleams in ZZZZZZ's eyes.

>prep 319
You chant a reverent litany, clasping your hands while focusing upon the Divine Wrath spell...
Your spell is ready.

You gesture at a rolton.
(Forcing stance down to guarded)

Chaotic visions and marvelous images flicker around you as the outside world slips farther and farther away from your awareness. What does it matter, anyway, when you are so close to totally ignoring the strictures of darkest, most foul sorcery. The power of Zelia has answered your prayer.

You notice a kobold nearby. How marvelous! You command your secret minions to keep it in the aviary.
CS: +XXX - TD: +3 + CvA: +20 + d100: +57 == +554
Warding failed!
... and hits for 73 points of damage!

The kobold crumples to a heap on the ground and dies.

You notice a kobold nearby. How marvelous! You command the purple wolverine to tend your broken arm.
CS: +XXX - TD: +3 + CvA: +20 + d100: +3 == +500
Warding failed!
... and hits for 65 points of damage!

You notice a rolton nearby. How marvelous! You command some lilies of the valley to mop the floor.
CS: +XXX - TD: +3 + CvA: +25 + d100: +83 == +585
Warding failed!
... and hits for 78 points of damage!

The rolton collapses to the ground, emits a final bleat, and dies.

You notice a rolton nearby. How marvelous! You command the bartender to polish your shield.
CS: +XXX - TD: +3 + CvA: +25 + d100: +11 == +513
Warding failed!
... and hits for 67 points of damage!

You notice a rolton nearby. How marvelous! You command your army of fire ants to forage up some blaestonberry.
CS: +XXX - TD: +3 + CvA: +25 + d100: +56 == +558
Warding failed!
... and hits for 74 points of damage!

Suddenly, the important insights slip away, leaving you drained and exhausted as you plummet back to a more mundane state of mind. Your throat and sides are slightly sore, and your cheeks are wet with tears. Your connection to Zelia has lessened.
The strain of channeling so much power leaves you feeling weakened and feeble.

Observer:

ZZZZZZ chants a reverent litany and clasps his hands while tightly focusing his thoughts...

ZZZZZZ gestures at a rolton.
ZZZZZZ's face suddenly grows transfixed with an expression of awe and wonder, and sourceless silvery light plays in his eyes.
>
ZZZZZZ giggles oddly.
>
ZZZZZZ stares at a kobold for a moment before bursting into a fit of hysterical laughter. As tears stream down his cheeks with the force of his mirth, colorful light shimmers for an instant around the kobold.
CS: +XXX - TD: +3 + CvA: +20 + d100: +57 == +554
Warding failed!
... and hits for 73 points of damage!

ZZZZZZ stares at a kobold for a moment before bursting into a fit of hysterical laughter. As tears stream down his cheeks with the force of his mirth, colorful light shimmers for an instant around the kobold.
CS: +XXX - TD: +3 + CvA: +20 + d100: +3 == +500
Warding failed!
... and hits for 65 points of damage!

ZZZZZZ stares at a rolton for a moment before bursting into a fit of hysterical laughter. As tears stream down his cheeks with the force of his mirth, colorful light shimmers for an instant around the rolton.
CS: +XXX - TD: +3 + CvA: +25 + d100: +83 == +585
Warding failed!
... and hits for 78 points of damage!

ZZZZZZ stares at a rolton for a moment before bursting into a fit of hysterical laughter. As tears stream down his cheeks with the force of his mirth, colorful light shimmers for an instant around the rolton.
CS: +XXX - TD: +3 + CvA: +25 + d100: +11 == +513
Warding failed!
... and hits for 67 points of damage!

CS: +XXX - TD: +3 + CvA: +25 + d100: +56 == +558
Warding failed!
... and hits for 74 points of damage!

>
ZZZZZZ abruptly stops laughing and looks around with a dazed expression.

>prep 317
You chant a reverent litany, clasping your hands while focusing upon the Divine Fury spell...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at a kobold.
Particles of dust and soot rise from the ground at your feet as you release a pulsating, platinum ripple of energy toward a kobold!
CS: +XXX - TD: +3 + CvA: +20 + d100: +9 == +506
Warding failed!
The kobold is cloaked in a blinding platinum light and assailed for 351 points of damage!

Observer:

ZZZZZZ chants a reverent litany and clasps his hands while tightly focusing his thoughts...
ZZZZZZ gestures at a kobold.
Particles of dust and soot rise from the ground at ZZZZZZ's feet as he releases a pulsating, platinum ripple of energy toward a kobold!
CS: +XXX - TD: +3 + CvA: +20 + d100: +9 == +506
Warding failed!
The kobold is cloaked in a blinding platinum light and assailed for 351 points of damage!

>prep 312

You chant a reverent litany, clasping your hands while focusing upon the Fervent Reproach spell...
Your spell is ready.
>cas rolton
You gesture at a rolton.
A dim, crystal blue aura builds around your clenched hands. With a quick motion of your arms, two crystal blue lines blaze through the air toward a rolton!
CS: +XXX - TD: +3 + CvA: +25 + d100: +48 == +550
Warding failed!
The two crystal blue lines impact a rolton, discharging the crystal blue energy over his entire being for 322 points of damage!

Observer:

>
ZZZZZZ gestures at a rolton.
A dim, crystal blue aura builds around ZZZZZZ's clenched hands. In a fluid motion, two crystal blue lines blaze from ZZZZZZ's fists toward a rolton!
CS: +XXX - TD: +3 + CvA: +25 + d100: +48 == +550
Warding failed!
The two crystal blue lines impact a rolton, discharging the crystal blue energy over his entire being for 322 points of damage!

Tsunami
10-04-2005, 02:17 AM
A Gosaena cleric:

>prep 313
You raise your hand while murmuring a soft orison, focusing on the Prayer spell...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
Turning your thoughts inward, you ask for the impartial hand of your deity to protect you. A delicate sensation like the caress of a feathered wing runs over your face from brow to chin, and you sense that your prayer has been granted.

Observer:

YYYY raises a hand while murmuring a soft orison...
>
YYYY gestures.
Grey light fills YYYY's eyes briefly.

>prep 312
You chant a reverent litany, clasping your hands while focusing upon the Fervent Reproach spell...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at a rolton.
A single dim, ice blue globe springs to life in your left hand. With a flick of your left wrist, the globe dances through the air toward a rolton!
CS: +XXX - TD: +3 + CvA: +25 + d100: +44 == +233
Warding failed!
The orb squarely impacts a rolton, discharging the ice blue energy over his entire being for 94 points of damage!

Observer:

YYYY chants a reverent litany and clasps her hands while tightly focusing her thoughts...
YYYY gestures at a rolton.
A single dim, ice blue globe springs to life in YYYY's left hand. The globe leaps from YYYY's left hand and dances through the air toward a rolton!
CS: +XXX - TD: +3 + CvA: +25 + d100: +44 == +233
Warding failed!
The orb squarely impacts a rolton, discharging the ice blue energy over his entire being for 94 points of damage!

>prep 317
You chant a reverent litany, clasping your hands while focusing upon the Divine Fury spell...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at a kobold.
Particles of dust and soot rise from the ground at your feet as you release a pulsating, platinum ripple of energy toward a kobold!
CS: +167 - TD: +3 + CvA: +20 + d100: +68 == +252
Warding failed!
The kobold is cloaked in a blinding platinum light and assailed for 115 points of damage!

Observer:

YYYY chants a reverent litany and clasps her hands while tightly focusing her thoughts...
YYYY gestures at a kobold.
Particles of dust and soot rise from the ground at YYYY's feet as she releases a pulsating, platinum ripple of energy toward a kobold!
CS: +XXX - TD: +3 + CvA: +20 + d100: +68 == +252
Warding failed!
The kobold is cloaked in a blinding platinum light and assailed for 115 points of damage!

>prep 319
You chant a reverent litany, clasping your hands while focusing upon the Divine Wrath spell...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at a kobold.
As you pour your soul into an appeal to Gosaena, you know that you are heard. Everything around you seems to slow down as a deep, biting chill sinks through your skin and into your very heart.

From the corner of your eye, you glimpse slight motion. Although you still can perceive sound, no sounds seem important when compared to the silence at the center of your being. The power of Gosaena has answered your prayer.

An etheral pair of feathered white wings materializes from midair and closes around a kobold.
CS: +XXX - TD: +3 + CvA: +20 + d100: +2 == +186
Warding failed!
... and hits for 46 points of damage!

An etheral pair of feathered white wings materializes from midair and closes around a kobold.
CS: +XXX - TD: +3 + CvA: +20 + d100: +45 == +229
Warding failed!
... and hits for 68 points of damage!

CS: +XXX - TD: +3 + CvA: +20 + d100: +4 == +188
Warding failed!
... and hits for 47 points of damage!

You realize that you had ceased to hear the sound of your own heartbeat only when you become aware of it again, and other sounds filter back into your awareness as well. Warmth returns to your body as your connection to Gosaena lessens.
The strain of channeling so much power leaves you feeling weakened and feeble.

Observer:

YYYY gestures at a kobold.
YYYY's expression grows calm and chill, and ice blue radiance flickers in the depths of her eyes.
>
The ambient air temperature plummets, and every sound seems slightly muffled as the cold bites into your skin.

CS: +XXX - TD: +3 + CvA: +20 + d100: +2 == +186
Warding failed!
... and hits for 46 points of damage!

CS: +XXX - TD: +3 + CvA: +20 + d100: +45 == +229
Warding failed!
... and hits for 68 points of damage!

CS: +XXX - TD: +3 + CvA: +20 + d100: +4 == +188
Warding failed!
... and hits for 47 points of damage!

The ice blue radiance flickers one last time in YYYY's eyes before vanishing like a candle flame. Warmth returns to the air, and the sounds you hear no longer seem muffled.

Shari
10-04-2005, 02:38 AM
Okay stupid question....is the tuberose scent for the Ivas aligned?

Andreal
10-04-2005, 02:38 AM
Why do people X out CS but leave the entire formula there to figure it out?

Terminator X
10-04-2005, 02:39 AM
Zelia's a crazy biznatch.

What happens when you are welled or smite something/smited when you set you deity to 99 (Other) :?:

Burnt out Priestess
10-04-2005, 06:16 AM
You gesture at XXXX.
A silvery translucent thread extends from you encompassing XXXX corpse.
For one fleeting moment as your soul touches XXXX soul, you feel an overwhelming sense of fright and desperation. Then a wave of blissful calmness settles upon you as you sense your souls have linked together, and a sticky feeling, like spiderweb encasing your skin, wraps briefly around you.
Roundtime: 15 sec.

Arachne cleric raising another arachne follower

Kitsun
10-04-2005, 03:20 PM
Wasn't the messaging for 312 linked to the caster's eye color and not deity alignment?

Tsunami
10-04-2005, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Kitsun
Wasn't the messaging for 312 linked to the caster's eye color and not deity alignment?

Could be, these are the three up there:

A single dim, dark globe springs to life in your left hand.
With a flick of your left wrist, the globe dances through the air toward a black forest viper!

A dim, crystal blue aura builds around your clenched hands.
With a quick motion of your arms, two crystal blue lines blaze through the air toward a rolton!
(I know his are blue, but not sure on crystal)

A single dim, ice blue globe springs to life in your left hand.
With a flick of your left wrist, the globe dances through the air toward a rolton!
(I know she has ice blue eyes)

So how come two are orbs and one is lines?

[Edited on 10-4-2005 by Tsunami]

Kitsun
10-04-2005, 04:00 PM
Interesting. Never noticed the difference before. Maybe feature altered eyes versus stock eyes?

Tsunami
10-04-2005, 04:57 PM
I know the ice blue are altered, and the crystal blue (confirmed as such now) are stock eyes from the pavilion. <shrug>

Flurbins
10-04-2005, 05:44 PM
Cast 1:
A radiant, crystal blue aura builds around your clenched hands. With a quick motion of your arms, two crystal blue lines blaze through the air toward a black forest ogre!

You glance down to see a rich-grained villswood runestaff in your right hand and a plain silver coffer in your left hand.

Cast 2:
A single radiant, crystal blue globe springs to life in your left hand. With a flick of your left wrist, the globe dances through the air toward a black forest ogre!
You glance down to see a rich-grained villswood runestaff in your right hand and nothing in your left hand.

Cast 3:
Two radiant, crystal blue globes spring to life in your open hands. With a quick flick of your wrists, the orbs dance through the air toward a black forest ogre!
>glance
>
You glance down at your empty hands.

>profile.
He has almond-shaped crystal blue eyes.

TheRoseLady
10-05-2005, 07:21 AM
For one fleeting moment as your soul touches XXXX soul, you feel an overwhelming sense of fright and desperation. Then a wave of blissful calmness settles upon you as you sense your souls have linked together you hear the faint rustling of autumn leaves.

Imaera Link

Kreon
10-05-2005, 10:00 AM
312 messaging is based on both eye color and how many hands you have free.

317 is deity-specific, but not in the messaging per se. The second or third crits are based on your deity alignment (same type as your 319 crits, I believe)

cajunlady
10-06-2005, 04:44 PM
Phoen...

A silvery translucent thread extends from you encompassing xxx corpse.
For one fleeting moment as your soul touches xxx soul, you feel an overwhelming sense of fright and desperation. Then a wave of blissful calmness settles upon you as you sense your souls have linked together warmth caresses your skin like the touch of the noontide sun.

Snapp
10-07-2005, 06:02 PM
Xxxxx gestures at you.
A silvery translucent thread extends from Xxxxx encompassing you. You sense the comfort of salvation, and a sensation like feathers brushes over your face.

Anyone know what this one is? The girl took off before I got to ask her.

TheRoseLady
10-07-2005, 07:54 PM
Xxxxx gestures at you.
A silvery translucent thread extends from Xxxxx encompassing you. You sense the comfort of salvation, and a sensation like feathers brushes over your face.

Anyone know what this one is? The girl took off before I got to ask her.

Snapp what deity does your character worship?

Snapp
10-07-2005, 08:15 PM
The one that was being raised is a Leya follower.

Tsunami
10-08-2005, 12:42 AM
For one fleeting moment as your soul touches XXXX's soul, you feel an overwhelming sense of fright and desperation. Then a wave of blissful calmness settles upon you as you sense your souls have linked together the area seems to darken for a moment.

Eorgina

And I think the feathers is Gosaena.

[Edited on 10-8-2005 by Tsunami]

TheRoseLady
10-08-2005, 10:06 AM
A silvery translucent thread extends from XXXX encompassing you. You sense the comfort of salvation, and a few wisps of grey mist drift past you.

This is Lumnis, my character worships Lumnis and the cleric was Lumnis aligned as well.

TheRoseLady
10-08-2005, 10:10 AM
Jaston has feathers for his Weatherby symbol....so it's possible that's the deity. You can always profile a person and see if their deity is listed.

TheRoseLady
11-20-2005, 07:36 PM
For one fleeting moment as your soul touches XXXX's soul, you feel an overwhelming sense of fright and desperation. Then a wave of blissful calmness settles upon you as you sense your souls have linked together a shaft of light like a well-thrown spear flashes briefly across your sight.

Kai

Chaddy
01-11-2006, 04:53 PM
If I convert to bane will it affect 306 as far as doing less damage on the undead and/or more damage on the living, or will it remain the same?

Adhara
01-14-2006, 04:51 PM
Does anyone know the implications of choosing '999) Other' versus staying unaligned?

Artha
01-14-2006, 04:59 PM
Does anyone know the implications of choosing '999) Other' versus staying unaligned?
I'm almost positive that the only effect this will have is to take away your ability to convert.