PDA

View Full Version : Should empaths be able to hunt?

Fabled
09-16-2003, 06:46 PM
Okay lets hear your opinion! In other games empaths lose their ability to heal when they hunt. Should Gemstove IV adapt the same theory? Or should empaths be able to hunt if they choose?

Miss X
09-16-2003, 06:53 PM
we should deffinatly be able to hunt, I would stop playing my empath if GS4 stopped us from hunting. Also, what would Voln empaths do if they couldnt hunt? It would make it extremly unbalanced.
My empath doesnt hunt often, but I like to know that I can if I feel like it
Edited to add: Having said that, I dont expect empaths to hunt as well as warriors etc, but I think we should have the choice. I know a few empaths that only heal themselves and hunt. It would seriously affect RP if we couldnt hunt at all.
Vx

[Edited on 16-9-03 by Miss X]

Some Rogue
09-16-2003, 07:15 PM
As soon as all professions have more than one viable means of advancing, then it's fair.

Trinitis
09-16-2003, 07:17 PM
All profs have more then one mean to level. Don't tell me picking is not viable..I have a sorcerer that learns quite well from it.

-Adredrin

Some Rogue
09-16-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by LordAdredrin
All profs have more then one mean to level. Don't tell me picking is not viable..I have a sorcerer that learns quite well from it.

-Adredrin

And how old is said sorcerer? You don't see many level 10 picking sorcerers.

longshot
09-17-2003, 04:06 AM
My ranger fries from foraging all the time.

Riiiiight...

Solkern
09-17-2003, 04:29 AM
Thats like saying can clerics only raise? can rogues only pick? can rangers only hump trees?

Dighn Darkbeam
09-17-2003, 09:11 AM
I think Empaths should be able to hunt and be able to learn from it. I also think they should be the worst hunters in the game, with only talented players able to fry when underhunting a bit. Their healing ability should also suffer (slightly-moderately) if they are trained as avid hunters. I am guessing this is partially true however, due to training point and spell circle constraints.

Empaths have the most viable secondary means of earning experience. This is evident by the fact that they have absolutely no need to hunt from even early levels and still level quickly. There should be some reprocussions from this.

ALSO Empaths can learn to locksmith just as much as other characters can. I know of one Empath who people constantly confuse for a rogue. Watching his reactions when people attempt to guild speak to him is often hillarious.

Kris na Su'ta

Caels
09-17-2003, 02:52 PM
Empaths are already the worst hunters in the game. I rolled up my empaths so that they would be able to hunt and I was still stuck hunting things 5 to 10 levels below me.

I think empaths should be able to hunt and hunt well if they want too. Maybe UL has clouded my judgement, but I think empaths should be able to use their empathic powers for harm as well as for good.

Betheny
09-17-2003, 03:14 PM
I'm all about DR-style empaths. Heal wounds on patient, force them to take their time, and maybe force them to ask for consent, and people like Nakiro would be out of business.