PDA

View Full Version : What TOS?

03-10-2005, 05:11 PM
How about we try enforcing TOS equally on everyone rather than going on a per member basis? Seeing favoritism first hand is pretty sad.

- Arkans

Edaarin
03-10-2005, 05:12 PM
Report the post in question. If it's not taken care of, then yeah, favoritism.

03-10-2005, 05:13 PM
I reported and sent copies of U2Us sent to me to Kranar. I really hope this matter is looked into, because it is rather sickening that some posters get nailed while others are covered for.

- Arkans

Warriorbird
03-10-2005, 05:17 PM
Call whoever out on it. Is what I did when I was having that problem.

[Edited on 3-10-2005 by Warriorbird]

03-10-2005, 05:19 PM
Fair enough...

Hey Kranar,

If you're going to enforce your rules, please have your "super mods" not show favoritism. I reported Mikare posting for the banned Methais as well as called attention to her doing it. This is what HarmNone then U2U'd me.

It would be great if your MODs enforced policy equally for all.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please delete your post about Mikare's posting for Methais. I've asked her to remove the sentence that says she's doing so.

Posting for a banned member isn't a matter of demerits. It's a bannable offense. Please don't call attention to it, dammit! I'd hate to see Mikare banned for this!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Arkans

03-10-2005, 05:21 PM
Please take not of the full sentence. HarmNone did delete the thread, so just making sure you see what the TOS violation in question was. Please enforce the rules.

- Arkans

NOCon 2005

Methais bugged me to post this here...

NOCon, formerly Nawlinscon is happening this year!

What: NOCon
When: August 5, 6, & 7
Where: New Orleans! In the Vieux Carre`(French Quarter)
Who: Everyone is invited! It's a party!

We are working on hotels now. Looking to book one on Bourbon Street or adjacent with balconies! Email me, cytal@play.net with your info and number attending.

For the Jazz & Blues lovers, the Louis Armstrong Festival will be going on that weekend also!

Tentative schedule:

5th-dinner-reasonable rate, local establishment with good Southern Food, yet undecided
6th-Masque Fai do do
7th-brunch-Cafe` du Monde

Methais, Volfe, and the Southern contingent want to enlighten you to the mysteries of the Vieux Carre`...and Lagniappe!

Mikare/Cindy

[Edited on 3-10-2005 by Mikare]

[Edited on 3-10-2005 by Mikare]

The above are the two U2U's reported to Kranar and the offenses that were done. Please notice Mikare's first line on how she posted for Methais.

- Arkans

Jenisi
03-10-2005, 05:21 PM
I send you lovely U2U's!

03-10-2005, 05:22 PM
Jenisi's U2U's are awesome!

- Arkans

Snapp
03-10-2005, 05:23 PM
Why didn't he just post it as Slingblade?

edit: Nevermind, just noticed he finally got banned.

[Edited on 3-10-2005 by Snapp]

Wezas
03-10-2005, 05:24 PM
You're not being singled out. I got one earlier today in response to your Christina obsession.

Evidently my concatenation of the word "White" with the "N-word", to describe Christina, did not fly over well. I didn't even think about it, but I can see where the mods are coming from.

03-10-2005, 05:25 PM
Yeah, Tijay nailed me on that word once before I realized it was a TOS offense. Not that I agree, but it is TOS.

- Arkans

PS: She still is hot

Keller
03-10-2005, 05:27 PM
Since Arkans started this -- and I'm fucking fuming right now -- here goes.

So about 6 months ago tsa'ah amended a post of mine in which I quoted someone misusing the term nigger and pointed out how they were being fucking stupid. The point of my post was to poke fun at the ignorance of the person who originally said it. I tried to argue context with both he and Kranar, being shot down both times. The TOS had no room for context.

Now, I've reported a post by tijay three times now for the exact same violation. I FINALLY got a reponse from peam with a half-assed link-but-not-a-link-only-a-cut-and-paste to the definition of context. FUCK ... YOU. I have nothing against Tijay and he knows that. I have a lot against this bullshit that seems to creep up on these boards on a consistent basis.

Oh, and by the way -- in the couple of days since I've been reporting Tijay's post, I've been experimenting with my own use of "illegal" terms. Every single instance thus far has been ba-leted. So it's definately not for lack of effort.

HarmNone
03-10-2005, 05:30 PM
I asked Kranar, and he said Mikare's post can stay without the Methais reference.

In actuality, I thought perhaps some of our posters would like to go to an event in New Orleans, and hated to see an informative post about it not available for everyone to see. I was making an effort to do something nice here, as I informed Arkans.

Whether or not Mikare is banned is up to Kranar, not to me and not to you, Arkans. Kranar is aware of all that went down.

03-10-2005, 05:31 PM
When it comes to TOS, I hope something "nice" is done for every member or no member at all.

- Arkans

Back
03-10-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Arkans
When it comes to TOS, I hope something "nice" is done for every member or no member at all.

- Arkans

What are you, some kind of communist?

03-10-2005, 05:35 PM
Nationalist :(

- Arkans

HarmNone
03-10-2005, 05:38 PM
The "nice" thing in question wasn't done for one poster. It was done for he benefit of all posters on the boards, so that they might see the information in case they'd like to attend, Arkans.

I have no control over banning. All I can do is report offenses, and I do that.

03-10-2005, 05:39 PM
I agree it would be nice as long as it is done in a matter that agrees with TOS. That didn't and I was told to "hush, hush" to it could be swept under the carpet. No way, Jose. Too much bullshit has flown on these boards already.

- Arkans

HarmNone
03-10-2005, 05:45 PM
Her origninal, and entire, post is posted in the Moderators thread for Kranar's review, Arkans. While I would hate to see Mikare, who posts here rarely, banned because Methais told her to do something he KNEW was against TOS, that decision is Kranar's to make, not mine.

There was no conspiracy. Just an effort to give people some information they might like to have. As far as your opinion on the matter goes, I couldn't care less.

03-10-2005, 05:46 PM
Just exactly how I feel about your motives on why you tried to hush it up.

- Arkans

HarmNone
03-10-2005, 05:49 PM
What you feel, or do not feel, about my motives moves me not in the least, Arkans.

Keller
03-10-2005, 05:51 PM
I have to say that I am surprised you did something like that, Harmnone. You naughty, naughty, girl.

Seriously though, is someone going to do something about Tijay's post? Or will I have to make a scene, quit for two months, and try to come back without people noticing?

Wezas
03-10-2005, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by HarmNone
While I would hate to see Mikare, who posts here rarely, banned

Yeah, me too. :saint:

Parkbandit
03-10-2005, 05:58 PM
Has anyone else been banned for doing the same thing?

Mikare
03-10-2005, 05:59 PM
Arkans,

First let me clarify, I did not post for Methais. Methais happens to be a part of the planning for this gathering. He mentioned to me that I ought to post the information on the PC, I actually did not want to, due to previous experience with the maturity level of many of the posters here<glances up at the name this post is addressed to> You took it upon yourself to start a riot over something like this when you could have u2u'd me and said, " hey, did you know Methais is banned? Might want to edit that post a bit." That would have been the mature way to handle the whole situation. Instead, your attention seeking behavior has done just what you intended for it to do. Draw attention onto yourself and away from a fun gathering that many people will probably enjoy. For some reason, I have a feeling you have no plans to attend? Always remember...You reap what you sow...

Mikare/Cindy

Fair enough...

Hey Kranar,

If you're going to enforce your rules, please have your "super mods" not show favoritism. I reported Mikare posting for the banned Methais as well as called attention to her doing it. This is what HarmNone then U2U'd me.

It would be great if your MODs enforced policy equally for all.

quote:
Please delete your post about Mikare's posting for Methais. I've asked her to remove the sentence that says she's doing so.

Posting for a banned member isn't a matter of demerits. It's a bannable offense. Please don't call attention to it, dammit! I'd hate to see Mikare banned for this!

- Arkans

Wezas
03-10-2005, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit
Has anyone else been banned for doing the same thing?

Coulda swore there had been at least 2-3 other circumstances.

I'm not sure they resulted in banning - but I'm sure it was at least a warning.

Latrinsorm
03-10-2005, 06:06 PM
Is ignorance of the law an excuse?

GSLeloo
03-10-2005, 06:09 PM
Sounds like she was posting something she was involved in as well... isn't that ok to do?

Bobmuhthol
03-10-2005, 06:14 PM
"Methais bugged me to post this here..."

[Edited on 3-10-2005 by Bobmuhthol]

03-10-2005, 06:58 PM
As Bob stated.. Yes, you did post it because Methais asked you too.

Also, ignorance is not an excuse. Methais was banned and he was unaware what he posted violeted TOS. He was shut down quickly. I notice Mikare is still alive and well despite her TOS violation. Favoritism much?

- Arkans

HarmNone
03-10-2005, 06:58 PM
Let's put it this way...Methais knows full well that posting for a banned member is a bannable offence. I'll not even go into what that says about him.

Mikare rarely posts here, for the reasons she has outlined. I doubt she was aware, or even thought about, the fact that it would appear she was posting for a banned member when, actually, she was just posting to inform people of a fun even she is part of planning. She had no way of knowing that Methais was banned.

In short, Arkans, you're an ass.

Look at it anyway you like. I couldn't care less. I did what I thought was right and Kranar upheld my decision. Whether you like it or not, Arkans, you don't run these boards.

theotherjohn
03-10-2005, 07:00 PM
Favoritism much?

- Arkans

all the time

03-10-2005, 07:01 PM
Of course not, but I also see that there is a huge amount of favoritism. Where the rules broken? Yes. Where punishments carried out? No. Was Methais aware that his pictures would get him banned? No. Was he banned? Yes.

I just want to see the rules followed. Laugh about how you want, you knew they were broken, they were, and you wanted it it slipped under the rug because of your own bias and for that, any normal person would call bullshit. So, in short, I'm sorry, but fuck you and your opinion.

- Arkans

HarmNone
03-10-2005, 07:03 PM
If I'd wanted it swept under the rug, idiot, I wouldn't have posted it in the mods folder for Kranar's attention. :rolleyes:

03-10-2005, 07:05 PM
Apparantly HarmNone, you have absolutely no recolection. Please refer to the U2U you sent to me telling me to delete my post and not call attention to it. Yes, you actually did write it. Fucking pathetic moderator.

- Arkans

Bobmuhthol
03-10-2005, 07:07 PM
<<Mikare rarely posts here, for the reasons she has outlined. I doubt she was aware, or even thought about, the fact that it would appear she was posting for a banned member when, actually, she was just posting to inform people of a fun even she is part of planning. She had no way of knowing that Methais was banned.>>

Not an excuse. What happened to, "If you post here, you have to know the ToS?"

03-10-2005, 07:08 PM
It's not applicable to everyone, apparantly.

- Arkans

longshot
03-10-2005, 07:09 PM
What did Methais do to get banned?

Can someone U2U me please...

HarmNone
03-10-2005, 07:10 PM
Yes, I did ask you not to call attention to it. There was no reason to do so, Arkans, except to shame and embarrass. The entire post, including the reference to Methais was posted to the mods folder for Kranar's information.

I would hate to see Mikare banned for doing something Methais, who knew the consequences, asked her to do. That's the truth. However, I don't make those decisions, nor do I keep things from Kranar. Nothing was swept under the rug. You just had your nose stuck into something that was none of your affair. You are not a moderator. You have no position on this board, other than as one more poster in a huge mass of posters. It's not up to you to call people on TOS.

That's my last word on this subject. Arguing with an idiot is a waste of my time.

Snapp
03-10-2005, 07:11 PM
If you can't see a difference between what Mikare did and what Methais did to get banned, you're an idiot. Methais broke rules constantly and had posts edited regularly. Mikare has less than 15 posts, and I'm sure didn't know that she was helping Methais post because he was banned. It's not like she said "I'm posting this because Methais is banned!" She just said he was bugging her to put it up.

Please get a life and stop trying to throw riots everytime you don't like something.

theotherjohn
03-10-2005, 07:12 PM
That's my last word on this subject. Arguing with an idiot is a waste of my time.

You selectively followed the TOS and now dont want to talk about it.

What a surprise:rolleyes:

Bobmuhthol
03-10-2005, 07:13 PM
75 demerit points accrued from 3 obscene pictures. Note that one was a link in his signature that went undisturbed for months. 150 day ban, I'm guessing doubled and reinstated now?

03-10-2005, 07:14 PM
It's not up to me? I could have sworn that report button was there for a reason and we have been told to use it if we saw a post that violeted TOS. Fuck you.

Yes, I called attention to a TOS violation, much like others have in the past. Fuck you.

You don't keep shit from Kranar? You were fast to ask me to delete my post in the matter as to not to call attention to the violation. PLEASE READ YOUR OWN U2U.

In other words, you fucked up, don't want TOS enforced, and are a shit Mod. Fuck you, dumb bitch.

- Arkans

Tsa`ah
03-10-2005, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
75 demerit points accrued from 3 obscene pictures. Note that one was a link in his signature that went undisturbed for months. 150 day ban, I'm guessing doubled and reinstated now?

Could have been 120, Kranar went easy. And one was not a link in his sig. He posted the link.

Then again, this is a tired argument.

03-10-2005, 07:16 PM
Hey Snapp,

The TOS Terminator himself, Tsa'ah, keeps screaming in similiar threads that if "you post you know TOS", guess what? Mikare posted, thus she knew TOS. She broke it willingfully. She should be punished as should HarmNone for trying to hide it.

- Arkans

Bobmuhthol
03-10-2005, 07:16 PM
<<If you can't see a difference between what Mikare did and what Methais did to get banned, you're an idiot.>>

1. Mikare didn't get banned.
2. Nobody said there wasn't a difference
3. The entire point of the violation system is to eliminate these bullshit arguments.

<<Methais broke rules constantly and had posts edited regularly. Mikare has less than 15 posts, and I'm sure didn't know that she was helping Methais post because he was banned.>>

You have to know ToS if you post here. No exceptions. Post count does not reflect violation count or demerits.

<<It's not like she said "I'm posting this because Methais is banned!" She just said he was bugging her to put it up.>>

And Tayre got demerit points for posting a link to my Angelfire account while I was banned.

<<Please get a life and stop trying to throw riots everytime you don't like something.>>

That happens to be a right in the United States, where you live. If you don't believe in it, you can join Kranar in Canada.

Snapp
03-10-2005, 07:21 PM
1. Mikare didn't get banned.
I never said Mikare was banned.

Also, you guys are the ones who love to play the semantics game. She didn't necessary post FOR Methais. She said Methais "bugged" her to put it up. It's an event they both are participating in.

03-10-2005, 07:21 PM
If you want to play the semantics game then you'll lose. Methais wanted that posted and he asked her to post it. I'm sorry, but that is posting for a banned member. A bannable offense and Mikare isn't banned. What gives?

- Arkans

Bobmuhthol
03-10-2005, 07:22 PM
<<I never said Mikare was banned.>>

<<If you can't see a difference between what Mikare did and what Methais did to get banned,>>

Then you suck at making points.

<<Also, you guys are the ones who love to play the semantics game. She didn't necessary post FOR Methais. She said Methais "bugged" her to put it up. It's an event they both are participating in.>>

According to HarmNone, it is a violation. But thanks for trying.

Bobmuhthol
03-10-2005, 07:23 PM
<<A bannable offense and Mikare isn't banned. What gives?>>

I don't know wtf HarmNone was thinking when she said this. It's like 15 demerit points.

Any member who allows a banned member to make use of their account is in violation of forum policy and subject to a violation count increase of at least 10 and at most 20.

This rule does not apply to posts that happen to include a quote from a post of a banned member, nor does it apply to posts that happen to be about a banned member. Only when a member, either directly or indirectly, allows a banned member to make use of their account to use a service of the Players' Corner will this rule be enforced.

[Edited on 3-11-2005 by Bobmuhthol]

Kainen
03-10-2005, 07:23 PM
Quite crying.. jesus. If you really believe it's that bad.. go somewhere else. All you are doing is stirring the pot. That last paragraph of the TOS says it all.. and why you are STILL trying to argue around it is beyond me.

Bobmuhthol
03-10-2005, 07:24 PM
<<That last paragraph of the TOS says it all>>

It's such a perfect failsafe that you cite it EVERY TIME the ToS is questioned.

03-10-2005, 07:24 PM
Because it would be great if TOS was enforced properly rather than selectively. Sorry, but I thought everyone had to obey it, not just some. Try again.

- Arkans

Snapp
03-10-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Kainen
If you really believe it's that bad.. go somewhere else.

That's all you needed to say.

Bobmuhthol
03-10-2005, 07:27 PM
<<Quite crying.. jesus. If you really believe it's that bad.. go somewhere else. All you are doing is stirring the pot. That last paragraph of the TOS says it all.. and why you are STILL trying to argue around it is beyond me.>>

By the way, until I see "Posting about a concern in the Forum Concerns and Discussion folder" under the list of violations, don't tell people how to post.

Kainen
03-10-2005, 07:27 PM
BECAUSE IT DOES.. read it. What part about, they have the right to do anything they want, don't you understand?? And if I see one fucking word about it not being right or moral coming from certain people I am going to puke.

03-10-2005, 07:28 PM
Oh, as HarmNone would say, you're just a poster in a sea of thousand of posters. You are not a moderator. So, umm.. Oh yeah! Go fuck yourself!

- Arkans

Bobmuhthol
03-10-2005, 07:29 PM
<<BECAUSE IT DOES.. read it. What part about, they have the right to do anything they want, don't you understand??>>

I have the right to post. I understand that part very well.

<<And if I see one fucking word about it not being right or moral coming from certain people I am going to puke.>>

It's disappointing that you feel members of the forum you hold so dear are not defenders of justice.

03-10-2005, 07:30 PM
Fucking double standard.

- Arkans

Edaarin
03-10-2005, 07:31 PM
I just hope this doesn't bleed into other threads.

I don't mind threads like this, but it does get old quick when people take potshots at each other over other shit in places that are off topic.

theotherjohn
03-10-2005, 07:32 PM
BECAUSE IT DOES.. read it. What part about, they have the right to do anything they want, don't you understand?? And if I see one fucking word about it not being right or moral coming from certain people I am going to puke.

actually you need to read it.

Only the Administrator has the right to do anything.

everyone else is suppose to follow the rules in the TOS including MODs and superMODS.

[Edited on 3-11-2005 by theotherjohn]

Bobmuhthol
03-10-2005, 07:34 PM
lmao

pwndeded

Kainen
03-10-2005, 07:35 PM
I do believe Kranar supported her decision.. there you are. I am just sick of seeing certain people whining about how fair or unfair the enforcement is.

Bobmuhthol
03-10-2005, 07:36 PM
<<I do believe Kranar supported her decision.. there you are.>>

I don't know where you get that from, since he hasn't said anything or even made a decision on it to any non-mod's knowledge.

<<I am just sick of seeing certain people whining about how fair or unfair the enforcement is.>>

So what you're saying is that you now have the authority to tell people what they can and can not post. Cool.

Kainen
03-10-2005, 07:39 PM
<<I am just sick of seeing certain people whining about how fair or unfair the enforcement is.>>

So what you're saying is that you now have the authority to tell people what they can and can not post. Cool.

No I never said that.. nice try on putting a spin on what I said. I said I was tired of it.. that's not going to stop people from posting it. These little word games get old after a while.

theotherjohn
03-10-2005, 07:40 PM
I do believe Kranar supported her decision.. there you are. I am just sick of seeing certain people whining about how fair or unfair the enforcement is.

why did you click the thread over, over and over if you are sick of it?

Kainen
03-10-2005, 07:41 PM
Because it's in more than one, that's why. It's a repeat theme with certain people.

Ravenstorm
03-10-2005, 07:43 PM
Since I didn't read the thread at all, this an accurate summary?

She's organizing a gathering with other people. One of those people is banned. They all want people to attend. Banned person nags about posting the notice on the PC. So she does so and mentions that banned person wanted her to post it.

Yes, that is so clearly equivalent to posting a very explicit picture of a woman's lips wrapping around the tip of an erect penis.

Raven

Zentoph
03-10-2005, 07:43 PM
This shouldn't be a big deal, get the fuck over it.

She posted information to an event that pertains to people who read these forums. Simply following the ad with "Methais bugged me to post this here" holds no fucking relevance to the situation. If one of you followed a post with "Red Devil asked me to post this here" and then followed with information about plans for a new Simutronics gathering, you could hardly call it favoritism if any mods took any small step in your favor to ensure no punishment occured.

These are Kranar's boards, and the mod who handled this situation took the steps to inform Kranar about the violation. If you don't like the way Kranar handles it from here, quit your whining and get the fuck out.

Bobmuhthol
03-10-2005, 07:51 PM
<<Yes, that is so clearly equivalent to posting a very explicit picture of a woman's lips wrapping around the tip of an erect penis.>>

Nobody compared her to Methais. Nobody said it was a violation to the magnitude of Obscene Pictures. What the fuck are you talking about?

Xcalibur
03-10-2005, 07:53 PM
Eh, there IS favoritism here. It's becoming more and more www.the-spot.com every damn day.

Point to keep in mind: less people play gemstone, damn weird, huh?

Hulkein
03-10-2005, 07:54 PM
I said I was tired of it.. that's not going to stop people from posting it. These little word games get old after a while.

If you don't like it, don't read the thread.

Stunseed
03-10-2005, 07:55 PM
< If you don't like the way Kranar handles it from here, quit your whining and get the fuck out. >

That about sums it up.

Bobmuhthol
Until Kranar does something, it's invalid.

DeV
Originally posted by Stunseed
< If you don't like the way Kranar handles it from here, quit your whining and get the fuck out. >

That about sums it up. Bump.

Hulkein
03-10-2005, 07:57 PM
Until Kranar does something, it's invalid.

Bump.

DeV
03-10-2005, 07:59 PM
At least we can agree on something.

Hulkein
03-10-2005, 08:05 PM
Eh, I still disagree.

If I was Arkans, I wouldn't leave just because I disagreed with a decision made by Kranar.

It's a forum, there is a section called Forum Concerns and Discussions... People are going to gripe and if you don't want to hear it then don't read the topics here.

HarmNone
03-10-2005, 08:11 PM
<<A bannable offense and Mikare isn't banned. What gives?>>

I don't know wtf HarmNone was thinking when she said this. It's like 15 demerit points.

Any member who allows a banned member to make use of their account is in violation of forum policy and subject to a violation count increase of at least 10 and at most 20.

This rule does not apply to posts that happen to include a quote from a post of a banned member, nor does it apply to posts that happen to be about a banned member. Only when a member, either directly or indirectly, allows a banned member to make use of their account to use a service of the Players' Corner will this rule be enforced.

[Edited on 3-11-2005 by Bobmuhthol]

Correct, Bob. I misremembered that particular rule. In that case, nobody knows whether Mikare got demerit points, or not...including me.

DeV
03-10-2005, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Hulkein
It's a forum, there is a section called Forum Concerns and Discussions... People are going to gripe and if you don't want to hear it then don't read the topics here. I can't speak for anyone else but I couldn't agree with you more. But, I also feel that there are people who are going to gripe about the gripe.

03-10-2005, 08:38 PM
You said yourself it was bannable and not worth demerits.

- Arkans

PS: I thought you already had your last word.

Nieninque
03-10-2005, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Arkans Please notice Mikare's first line on how she posted for Methais.

Actually, Mikare's post says she was bugged by Methais to post it...not post it FOR HIM.
You would need to find out who the originator was before you could say she posted it for him.

I have to say as well Arkans, this is a major fucking case of pot calling the kettle black, given the fact that you posted for Bob when he was banned.

Grow up. Seriously

Keller
03-10-2005, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Nieninque

Originally posted by Arkans Please notice Mikare's first line on how she posted for Methais.

Actually, Mikare's post says she was bugged by Methais to post it...not post it FOR HIM.
You would need to find out who the originator was before you could say she posted it for him.

I have to say as well Arkans, this is a major fucking case of pot calling the kettle black, given the fact that you posted for Bob when he was banned.

Grow up. Seriously

Good memory.

Bobmuhthol
03-10-2005, 08:51 PM
<<I have to say as well Arkans, this is a major fucking case of pot calling the kettle black, given the fact that you posted for Bob when he was banned.>>

I didn't even talk to Arkans when I was banned. What is up with you constantly saying shit about me that holds no weight?

Why not talk about how I'm a racist some more. That'll seal your victory.

Nieninque
03-10-2005, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Keller

Grow up. Seriously

Good memory.

I was asked by a mod at the time to identify the post and wouldnt. Wish I had now, at least then the fucking whinge bag would have something to bleat about. :jerkit:

Nieninque
03-10-2005, 08:54 PM

I didn't even talk to Arkans when I was banned. What is up with you constantly saying shit about me that holds no weight?

You talked on Psinet. He posted it for you on the boards. Just because you have a memory like a goldfish, dont think the rest of us do.

Why not talk about how I'm a racist some more. That'll seal your victory.

I think you are a dick not a racist. Though you post some racist things. Go play with your lego some more.

Bobmuhthol
03-10-2005, 08:56 PM
<<You talked on Psinet. He posted it for you on the boards. Just because you have a memory like a goldfish, dont think the rest of us do.>>

Oh, when I said, "haha you should say this because it would be funny" and then he did? That's not posting for me, sorry.

<<I think you are a dick not a racist.>>

You were lying before or you're lying now.

<<Though you post some racist things. Go play with your lego some more.>>

Go think someone acting on their own accord is posting for a banned member some more.

Latrinsorm
03-10-2005, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by a mod
These non arbitrary rules are defined in the TOS everyone agrees to upon registration.

If you really believe it's that bad.. go somewhere else.That's the spirit! Don't bother trying to improve a situation, just abandon it! Hope you never break a window in your house!
Originally posted by Zentoph
If one of you followed a post with "Red Devil asked me to post this here" and then followed with information about plans for a new Simutronics gathering, you could hardly call it favoritism if any mods took any small step in your favor to ensure no punishment occured. In fact, I could easily call it favoritism, and a gross miscarriage of justice on top.

Where did that lego shot come from? I like legos.

African American
03-10-2005, 10:44 PM
Dis just show yous how da white man always be trowin round their power yaknowhasayin?

03-10-2005, 10:45 PM
Problem still is unsolved. Wow What a shocker.

- Arkans

Divinity
03-10-2005, 11:14 PM
Oh, as HarmNone would say, you're just a poster in a sea of thousand of posters. You are not a moderator. So, umm.. Oh yeah! Go fuck yourself!

- Arkans

I hate to say it, but as I've found out from experience on other boards.. that sea containing thousands of posters make the heart of this forum. Just like it would any other forum.

I don't understand one thing though, if someone violates TOS.. that means they violated it. You are agreeing to what the TOS says when you sign up your account. So you have to be aware of what you're stepping into.

Eh, I'm sure no one will read this.. or the opposite, pick it apart and slap it back into my face. :rolleyes:

Divinity
03-10-2005, 11:23 PM

Grow up. Seriously

I just wanted to point out what Mikare just posted..

Arkans,

First let me clarify, I did not post for Methais. Methais happens to be a part of the planning for this gathering. He mentioned to me that I ought to post the information on the PC, I actually did not want to, due to previous experience with the maturity level of many of the posters here<glances up at the name this post is addressed to>

She posted it willingly. Bugged or not. It makes you wonder why she didn't think to ask him why he couldn't post it himself, especially if she wasn't comfortable doing it herself.

Hmm, that's right.. he's banned.. ::shrugs:: Just trying to help and clear up this misconception.

03-10-2005, 11:26 PM
I posted for Bob? When? Hrm.. Mods never took down my posts. I obviously did not break TOS. Please go choke on spotted dick.

- Arkans

Latrinsorm
03-10-2005, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Divinity
I hate...b...l...a...c...k...sYes!

HarmNone
03-10-2005, 11:46 PM

- Arkans

I hate to say it, but as I've found out from experience on other boards.. that sea containing thousands of posters make the heart of this forum. Just like it would any other forum.

I don't understand one thing though, if someone violates TOS.. that means they violated it. You are agreeing to what the TOS says when you sign up your account. So you have to be aware of what you're stepping into.

Eh, I'm sure no one will read this.. or the opposite, pick it apart and slap it back into my face. :rolleyes:

Heh. I read it, hon, and I'm not about to slap it in your face. I will, however, endeavor to explain, since the original thread was removed.

Yes, the posters are the heart of the boards; however, they are not moderators, nor are they administrators. They have a right to complain but not to demand that the boards be run their way. The boards run as Kranar wishes them to run.

It's true that if you violate TOS, you violate TOS. Mikare's post violated TOS, but offered information that would be of great interest to many people on the forums. The part that violated TOS could be easily removed, making its information available to those who might benefit from knowing about it.

In her post, Mikare stated that Methais had been bugging her to post her information here. I know these boards pretty well, and I knew somebody was going to jump on that as "posting for a banned member", even though it actually wasn't meant to be so.

I originally misremembered the rule on posting for a banned member and thought it could result in a ban. It's actually only demerits, not an outright ban. Therefore, those who are setting up the howl are doing so without any knowledge of whether or not Mikare has received demerits for her post.

Mikare is one of the organizers of this little fete in New Orleans. I'm sure she posted here because Methais told her it would be a good place to come to get the word out. It wasn't really a post FOR Methais. Yet, Arkans had to come in bellowing about how she broke TOS by posting for a banned member because she said something to the effect of "Methais has been bugging me to post this here...". I tried to head off trouble for Mikare (asking her to remove the Methais reference) and requested Arkans' help, but Arkans wasn't having any. He was determined to make a stink, and he did.

As a matter of note, I often U2U members when I see something I think might have been inadvertent, but that could get them into trouble. I'd rather solve things that way than see any poster punished. Most posters are happy to cooperate, as they don't intend to cause problems.

Now, Arkans, before you get all bent out of shape about me making comments, I said arguing with an idiot is a waste of my time. Discussions with people with more than one active brain cell is actually enjoyable. :)

[Edited on 3-11-2005 by HarmNone]

03-10-2005, 11:50 PM
Making a stink? Discussing how you fail to enforce TOS normally is making a stink? Wow, you really are fucking dumb. How do you look at yourself in the mirror without slicing open your neck?

- Arkans

peam
03-10-2005, 11:52 PM
Can Arkans get his own folder for his weekly posts bitching about the administration?

Snapp
03-10-2005, 11:53 PM
Making a stink? Discussing how you fail to enforce TOS normally is making a stink? Wow, you really are fucking dumb. How do you look at yourself in the mirror without slicing open your neck?

- Arkans
How do you actually post this crap without realizing how much of an idiot you sound like? Grow up.

03-10-2005, 11:54 PM
Weekly? Christ, redneck emos are pretty fucking dumb.

- Arkans

peam
03-10-2005, 11:57 PM
/yawn

03-11-2005, 12:01 AM
Woooo someone put in an MMORPG reference in their retort. Cleeeeeever. Go back to being proud of a job that a monkey could do.

- Arkans

Trinitis
03-11-2005, 12:01 AM
Welp, stopped in to see how PC was doing.

I see it has not changed much. A few people trying to keep the order, a few others trying to cause problems, and the rest just trying to gleem useful/fun/helpful info from the boards.

Nice to see some things don't change.

As for the TOS rules, it was my understanding that ANYTHING that breaks TOS can lead to a ban. Kranar can ban anyone he desires. Perks of running the boards. He can also give anyone he wants a second, third, or 50th chance. Perks of running the boards. Cry a river. Bitch, moan, complain. Demand equal rights. Do what ever you like. But it's still Kranar's law.

Welcome to PC. Ruling population. 1.

Enjoy your stay, or get the hell out. :moon2:

peam
03-11-2005, 12:02 AM
Woooo someone put in an MMORPG reference in their retort. Cleeeeeever. Go back to being proud of a job that a monkey could do.

- Arkans

I'm not in the Army?

Divinity
03-11-2005, 12:02 AM
Harmnone's post

I see what you're saying, and it makes sense when you explain it. From what Arkans was saying, it was like reading another book.

Thing is, you're right, they aren't staff members. They don't run the boards. You said Kranar runs these boards. This is true, thing is.. for a lack of a better example..

Klaive/Darien ran his boards and changed things. He amended TOS and all this other stuff. You can see how much of a "stink" that created on top of everything else.

Honestly, from one MOD to another, don't bother arguing this. Your explanation is enough, and it won't make everyone happy, but what is done is done. A poster won't know what it's like having the type of responsibility you do.

As for Arkans, the name calling and such is not helping your argument, although I can see your side of it as well. Thing is, it really is up to the person that pays for these boards.

Posting on any forum is a priviledge, not a right. MODs make mistakes, stuff happens.. yadda yadda.

I guess you all just have to wait for Kranar to come swooping in and bandage the whole thing.

03-11-2005, 12:04 AM
So what? You're incapable of passing through what is required, as far as I am concerned? Oh, shit! It would be more valid if it was my full time job! Christ, you are dumb. Guess you picked the right life style. TOOT TOOT

- Arkans

HarmNone
03-11-2005, 12:42 AM
Actually, Divinity, Kranar was here when the whole thing went down, so he's well aware of all that has occurred. Those who purport to be waiting for him to come in and "fix" things to their liking will have a long wait. Things are as he wishes them to be, whether or not they please those who wish to see it done differently.

I asked him if it was okay to post the same post without the Methais reference at the time of the incident and he approved it. Since it's his decision, all the puling is, ultimately, for naught.

Divinity
03-11-2005, 12:55 AM
Then what the hell is everyone bitching about?

If it was taken care of, then let it go! :banghead:

Ugh! :stfu:

HarmNone
03-11-2005, 12:58 AM
:rofl: Now you're getting the point! You just needed that one little piece of the story to make things crystal clear. That's what a whole headful of working brain cells will do for you!

Divinity
03-11-2005, 01:00 AM
:rofl: Now you're getting the point! You just needed that one little piece of the story to make things crystal clear. That's what a whole headful of working brain cells will do for you!

I don't know whether to take offense to that or not..

So I'll just say this. There were many points being made, and as I can still understand what Arkans and the rest of them are saying, it just seems that with the attitude from you and the other staff members that it's a fruitless argument/debate.

HarmNone
03-11-2005, 01:02 AM
Don't know why you'd take offense. I meant it as a compliment. :shrug:

Divinity
03-11-2005, 01:03 AM
Perhaps I'm just tired and didn't read it straight. Yay for text not having tone.

Keller
03-11-2005, 03:16 AM

The point is you KNEW what had happened was a violation of TOS and privately asked Arkans to remove the post.

What the fuck are you missing about favoritism?

This is not about how inconsequential of a mistake it was. It is about you attempting a cover-up and it blowing up in your face.

Get back to work.

Kainen
03-11-2005, 04:52 AM
Wow, you really are fucking dumb. How do you look at yourself in the mirror without slicing open your neck?

- Arkans

Oooh look, it's bob jr.

03-11-2005, 05:05 AM
The new TOS is akin to a male person willingly having penis inserted into his rectum.

Drew2
03-11-2005, 05:14 AM
So wait... is that supposed to be a bad thing?

Mistomeer
03-11-2005, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by RangerD1
The new TOS is akin to a male person willingly having penis inserted into his rectum.

I think the phrase you're looking for is beef wellington...

I'm not sure why Arkans is throwing a fit.
I don't remember anyone ever getting in trouble for posting on behalf of a banned member as long as they don't make a habbit of it, because usually, the poster doesn't even realize they're doing anything wrong.

Chadj
03-11-2005, 07:52 AM

Wow, you really are fucking dumb. How do you look at yourself in the mirror without slicing open your neck?

- Arkans

Oooh look, it's bob jr.

... Oooh, look, it's a dumbass.

03-11-2005, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Tayre
So wait... is that supposed to be a bad thing?

I guess thats up for you to decide. Me personally, I'll pass.

theotherjohn
03-11-2005, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Keller

The point is you KNEW what had happened was a violation of TOS and privately asked Arkans to remove the post.

What the fuck are you missing about favoritism?

This is not about how inconsequential of a mistake it was. It is about you attempting a cover-up and it blowing up in your face.

Get back to work.

things are clear to me also

03-11-2005, 08:34 AM
reminds me a lot of Klaives boards * if you dont like it leave!!!11 they are klaives boards!!111 *

Harmnone messed up forgot the rule, she was wrong to try to sweep it under the rug.

There always has been favoritism all we can do is bitch about it until it is fixed

CrystalTears
03-11-2005, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Mistomeer
I'm not sure why Arkans is throwing a fit.
I don't remember anyone ever getting in trouble for posting on behalf of a banned member as long as they don't make a habbit of it, because usually, the poster doesn't even realize they're doing anything wrong.

I'm not sure what the big drama is about either. Sometimes people don't realize they did something wrong and someone points it out to them to avoid it happening in the future.

By mistake one time I posted an IM that I received from Red Devil. I posted it and stated "bet he wanted me to post this" not realizing what I did was against TOS. It was deleted and they let me know about it. I'm sure I got demerits for it. I screwed up.

Maybe HarmNone was trying to smooth out the situation to avoid someone getting demerits. Is that really such a bad thing? Why would you WANT to see people get demerits and/or banned? I don't understand why you would want to see Mikare punished so harshly. :shrug:

03-11-2005, 09:07 AM
CT its not that, its the fact that it is done for some people but others (insert gremlin rubbing his hands together) Mods are happy to tag.

Thats what the issue is about, then the responces from the MOD's afterwords added fule to the fire.

Parkbandit
03-11-2005, 09:07 AM
Much to do about nothing.

Has anyone else been banned for the same offense? I don't recall anyone off hand.

If they did.. then perhaps it would be considered selective moderating. If they didn't, then you have zero case and need to let it go.

CrystalTears
03-11-2005, 09:16 AM
People have been banned for posting as a banned member. People inadvertantly posting on behalf of someone else [to my knowledge] havn't been banned over that. Reprimanded and given demerits, sure, but banned? I don't think so.

CrystalTears
03-11-2005, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Dave
CT its not that, its the fact that it is done for some people but others (insert gremlin rubbing his hands together) Mods are happy to tag.

Thats what the issue is about, then the responces from the MOD's afterwords added fule to the fire.

Perhaps it is favoritism in some sense. People are more inclined to make lighter of a situation if it is their first offense. However when it's done by someone who violates TOS over and over again, why should any leniency take place? Of course they'll tag that person because they're tired of moderating their posts.

Bet if you show me who has been tagged over violations who felt they were treated unfairly, I can show you why people are sick of their shit.

HarmNone
03-11-2005, 09:23 AM
I don't think anyone has ever been banned for posting FOR someone else. As I said before, I misremembered the rule and was wrong to think Mikare could be banned for doing so. That isn't the first mistake I've made in my life and I'd put money on the fact that it won't be the last. :lol:

At least, the information about the upcoming gathering in New Orleans is posted for all our readership to view. That's all I wanted to see happen. :)

Latrinsorm
03-11-2005, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Adredrin
A few people trying to keep the orderI don't remember Arkans ever trying to keep order before.
If it was taken care of, then let it go!This particular situation was resolved. The cause of this situation has not been resolved.
Originally posted by CrystalTears
Sometimes people don't realize they did something wrong and someone points it out to them to avoid it happening in the future. Unfortunately, nobody here can read minds. Therefore, it only makes sense to have an objective set of rules that people are expected to conform to. 15 demerits is hardly a harsh punishment.
However when it's done by someone who violates TOS over and over again, why should any leniency take place?Again, enforcing rules should not be based upon a moderator's mood. We have a well-defined set of rules.

03-11-2005, 12:43 PM
It's funny, where are the moderators that are always preaching "Just follow the rules and you'll be fine" this time? It seems it's, "KRANAR WINZ" now and the rules are shot to shit. Make up your minds.

- Arkans

rupa
03-11-2005, 01:00 PM
Wow. Maybe people would like a cold and hard "Three strikes and you're out" rule here rather than the human element that allows less stringent punishment on first time offenders than that administered to the typical HMC types.

Then again, how many of the complainers would still be here to complain if that were the system?

03-11-2005, 01:01 PM
I'd rather the rules and SOP be followed. If I break them, I get punished, and everyone else should as well.

- Arkans

DeV
03-11-2005, 01:08 PM
I'd rather the rules and SOP be followed. If I break them, I get punished, and everyone else should as well.

- Arkans Arkans, neither you, nor I, nor any of the Mods besides Kranar are privy to knowing how this person was punished for their actions. Though, I do agree with your sentiments regarding breaking TOS.

HarmNone
03-11-2005, 01:15 PM
True, DeV. Mikare may have received demerits for her post. I really don't know if she did, or not.

rupa
03-11-2005, 01:50 PM
It seems that according to Kranar's post here, that the mod did what was expected in the situation. I guess only Mikare and Kranar know if she was given bad brownie points or not, and they are the only ones who really need to know.

Kraner's words:

Upon having a post reported, removed, or edited as a violation by a staff member, a U2U is sent to the member who made the offending post. This post is to include a copy of the violating post and state explicitely the rule which this post is seen to have violated. At this point an administrator reviews the reported post and determines the exact violation count increase to issue to the member. If the member has attained a violation count of 10 or more, the administrator will send a warning to that member and list all violations on record.

Latrinsorm
03-11-2005, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by rupa
Wow. Maybe people would like a cold and hard "Three strikes and you're out" rule here rather than the human element that allows less stringent punishment on first time offenders than that administered to the typical HMC types.

Then again, how many of the complainers would still be here to complain if that were the system? There is actually a fairly detailed system in place that everyone (including you) has already agreed to. You can find it here: http://forum.gsplayers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=79

If this is an accurate transcription of Harmnone's u2u:

Posting for a banned member isn't a matter of demerits. It's a bannable offense. Please don't call attention to it, dammit! I'd hate to see Mikare banned for this! then what Harmnone did was not enforcing the rules objectively. There can be no argument about this. Whether what she did was good or bad is an entirely different question.

p.s: Welcome to the boards, rupa. :)

Bobmuhthol
03-11-2005, 02:38 PM
<<Maybe HarmNone was trying to smooth out the situation to avoid someone getting demerits. Is that really such a bad thing? Why would you WANT to see people get demerits and/or banned? I don't understand why you would want to see Mikare punished so harshly.>>

Probably because if HarmNone does not help someone avoid getting demerits in every situation it's favoritism...

03-11-2005, 02:41 PM
The above U2U is extremely accurate. It shows a sign of favoritism and inability to enforce the rules objectively. Not what our MODs should be doing.

- Arkans

HarmNone
03-11-2005, 02:41 PM
Absolutely correct, Latrinsorm. I was not trying to be objective. The post had information that I felt many of our posters would like to see. The mention of Methias' having begged it to be posted was, in my SUBJECTIVE opinion, superfluous; yet, it was going to cause a problem and I could see that it was going to cause a problem, because someone had already jumped on the issue. I tried to intercede to stop the problem from developing, but was unsuccessful in doing so.

Furthermore, I'd do it again, exactly the same way. :yes:

HarmNone
03-11-2005, 02:53 PM
The above U2U is extremely accurate. It shows a sign of favoritism and inability to enforce the rules objectively. Not what our MODs should be doing.

- Arkans

Last I heard, what our mods should be doing is up to Kranar, not you.

Actually, I quite often step into a situation with a U2U if I think I can keep someone out of trouble by doing so. Sometimes, people take my advice. Sometimes, they don't. I'll still make the effort if I believe it might be helpful.

Trinitis
03-11-2005, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm

Originally posted by Adredrin
A few people trying to keep the orderI don't remember Arkans ever trying to keep order before.

Wow. Glad to see some people can follow posts well.

:banghead:

[Edited on 3-11-2005 by Adredrin]

Keller
03-11-2005, 03:47 PM
Gawd people!

Just shut up, get in line, and stop whining.

Kranar runs these boards and whiney bitches like yourself shouldn't have a fucking input. Get it through your head already, whiney bitches.

--This message has been approved by Kainen, God of all who worship him.

edited to add: I've heard Kainen might be a girl? Send me a u2u. This could explain everything.

[Edited on 3-12-2005 by Keller]

Bobmuhthol
03-11-2005, 03:47 PM
I was sad that Keller posted that.

Until I got to the last line. :)

Keller
03-11-2005, 03:50 PM
I was sad that Keller posted that.

Until I got to the last line. :)

He's already told that to me twice, let alone the countless times I've had to read him telling it to others. It's as if he thought people who played a text-based game and now post on a text-based message board have no clue how to read modern-standard english.

Maybe he should post in Mandarin. I bet more people would stand around listening to his soap-box then.

03-11-2005, 03:57 PM
Perpahs next time you should follow the rules and SOP like we all have to?

- Arkans