PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Conversion

theotherjohn
03-04-2005, 01:23 PM
The paladin conversion is an opportunity for players who had warrior or cleric characters, on or before November 20, 2004, to convert to the new paladin profession. This conversion will begin on March 18, 2005 and is a permanent profession change to the character.

If you choose to convert, enter the Character Manager and select option 20. After confirming your selection, you will proceed to the screen where you are prompted to set your stats.

This is the only time you can set your stats. If you have any questions or concerns about stats, join the discussion in the Paladin folder on the GemStone IV Forums or roll up a Paladin to play and test first. There are no stat reallocations after this step.

After setting up the character stats, you can either set up your skills in the text-based Character Manager or exit the Character Manager and set your skills by typing GOALS in the command prompt.

Upon conversion, all guild affiliations and skills as well as any previously learned combat maneuver skills will be lost. Society and deity selections, however, will be retained.

For 30 days following the conversion, all skills will migrate at an accelerated rate, so feel free to play around with skills during that time to become comfortable with how you'd like to train your character. After the 30 days, your character will migrate skills at the normal rate. Each time you log in, you will receive a notice with how many days are remaining at your accelerated skill migration rate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q. Why November 20, 2004?
A. Paladins were released on that date, so any cleric or warrior that was created afterward could have been created as a Paladin. This conversion is for warriors or clerics that existed on or before that date.

Q. Can I go back to playing either a warrior or cleric if I decide I don?t want to play a paladin after I convert?
A. Conversion is permanent. If you are unsure, the best thing to do would be to roll up a paladin and play one first. If it seems like something fitting your warrior or cleric, you may choose to convert at a later time.

Q. What if I'm not ready to convert my cleric or warrior on March 18th?
A. This permanent conversion is available to any warrior or cleric that was created on or before November 20, 2004 and can be used anytime after March 18th.

Q. How many stat reallocations will I get if I convert to paladin?
A. The only time you are able to set your stats is during the conversion process. There is no stat reallocation available after the conversion.

Q. Do I get an extra FIXSKILLS if I convert?
A. For 30 days following conversion, you have the ability to manipulate and change your skills at an accelerated rate. There will be no extra FIXSKILLS granted after that 30 days has expired. There is a yearly FIXSKILLS granted to all players in May.

Q. Will I be able to stay in the warrior guild if I convert to a paladin?
A. All guild affiliations and any skills you learned when you were in the guild will be lost.

Q. Will I retain all my CMAN skills?
A. Any CMANs that are applicable to the paladin profession will have to be relearned.

Q. Will I get a society reset or a deity CONVERT reset if I convert to paladin?
A. All converted characters will retain their society and deity CONVERT status. If your character had a society reset or a deity CONVERT option remaining at the time of conversion to paladin, that will carry over as well.

theotherjohn
03-08-2005, 03:50 PM
PALADIN CONVERSION

The paladin conversion is an opportunity for players who had warrior or cleric characters, on or before November 20, 2004, to convert to the new paladin profession. This conversion will begin on March 18, 2005 and is a permanent profession change to the character.

If you choose to convert, enter the Character Manager and select option 20. After confirming your selection, you will proceed to the screen where you are prompted to set your stats.

This is the only time you can set your stats. If you have any questions or concerns about stats, join the discussion in the Paladin folder on the GemStone IV Forums or roll up a Paladin to play and test first. There are no stat reallocations after this step.

After setting up the character stats, you can either set up your skills in the text-based Character Manager or exit the Character Manager and set your skills by typing GOALS in the command prompt.

Upon conversion, all guild affiliations and skills as well as any previously learned combat maneuver skills will be lost. Society and deity selections, however, will be retained.

For 30 days following the conversion, all skills will migrate at an accelerated rate, so feel free to play around with skills during that time to become comfortable with how you'd like to train your character. After the 30 days, your character will migrate skills at the normal rate. Each time you log in, you will receive a notice with how many days are remaining at your accelerated skill migration rate.