PDA

View Full Version : A sell

Xcalibur
09-17-2003, 02:51 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3046705086&category=45 96

interesting part:

I've got a full 8x shimmering steel katana I am selling, its heavily crit weighted and is katana based but is identical to a falchion. The breakage is standard steel breakage at 40/155. It is also Pebin zested:

40/155?
he sets his bo at 500 bucks, which is what.. 30 millions?
30 millions for that piece of crap that got lower breakage to surely enhance the enchant.

Will always be broken in gs, and cost MILLIONS to repear...

your idea?

Betheny
09-17-2003, 03:16 PM
Don't buy it? Heh.

ElanthianSiren
09-21-2003, 09:48 PM
The value of katanas always amazed me in GSIII.

The only reason they're valuable (most are longsword or falchion based anyway, I mean come on) is because they're "OOG" for the game and the GMs won't make them anymore (though they were sold off the rack in the hidden settlement).

When I was a player, I had a sinking suspicion that there were several staff with katanas who were purposely limiting the supply since it's easy enough to FINDFILE.

I don't worry about it anymore since I play a game that I enjoy more now, but I've always found Simu's stance on "This is oog" humorous. You have billions of nations and towns and you can't make one asian based or even give it some asian characteristics within your world -- especially when so many players request those weapon types that they're up to a staggering price.

Smells fishy, and makes me laugh.

-Melissa

CrystalTears
09-21-2003, 09:51 PM
Now that katanas and other oriental weapons will be allowed in GS4, the point is now moot.

Solkern
09-21-2003, 09:52 PM
Cause simu doesn't give two shits, I remember the days when alters/toys and shit like that were RARE, now theres like 10 merchants a day doing alters. it's pathetic

Skirmisher
09-21-2003, 10:47 PM
No Xcalibur, buy it.

Buy all the Katana's you can now for any price. They will be worth more after things change much like ICE age items.

Soulpieced
09-21-2003, 11:35 PM
Why will katanas be worth more when more released? Simple supply and demand says as more come in game (even if the base isn't all that good) will cause prices to drop. And I'm sure people will want their falchion based katanas converted.

CrystalTears
09-21-2003, 11:38 PM
Why would you pay so much for a katana that after a little while of vendors selling them won't be as valuable? Everyone and their mother will have one within months.

Warriorbird
09-22-2003, 07:05 AM
People will start selling them as "oldstyle" katanas, because you can bet that their own base will suck. Me, personally, I just can't wait to hurl katanas at people.

:whistles innocently:

Gsgeek
09-22-2003, 09:12 AM
Probably because most if not all of the "old" katanas are one handed edged weapons with a falchion type base or some such, while the new katanas will be of a two handed base style. At least they will be if simu decides to do them accurately. Which is never a sure thing.

Justme

Artha
09-22-2003, 09:17 AM
At least they will be if simu decides to do them accurately.

You're thinking of a dai-katana. A normal one would probably be like a bastard sword.

Warriorbird
09-22-2003, 09:30 AM
I bet Simu will make them like bastard swords....maybe make nodachi or daikatana variant words for other weapon types.

Artha
09-22-2003, 09:42 AM
I hope they make Sepoku a verb.

Sepoku artha
You scream 'I am dishonorable!' before plunging your stupid oriental weapon into your stomach.

Warriorbird
09-22-2003, 11:16 AM
It'd fit right in with

freedom

You oddly enough manage to remove your intestines with your stupid claidhmore before shouting out "FREEEEDOOOOOM!" and then expiring.

Warriorbird
09-22-2003, 11:19 AM
And....

gothsorc

Your life is a dark pit of dark darkness. You wear black. You do unspeakable things to sheep. You are EEEEVIL. You worship Luukos AND Marlu. Someone mercifully drops an anvil on your head.

ElanthianSiren
09-22-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Warriorbird
And....

gothsorc

Your life is a dark pit of dark darkness. You wear black. You do unspeakable things to sheep. You are EEEEVIL. You worship Luukos AND Marlu. Someone mercifully drops an anvil on your head.

ROTFLMAO Thanks for the laugh W.B. You forgot the bit about how "you" turn into a docile little lamb who snuggles and smooches when around friends/family but you "won't take no stinky pooop from no newbie!" Yes, you blast that newbie right out of their socks! Feel the honor of your mass testosterone on someone helpless!
:lol:

-Melissa

Skirmisher
09-22-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears
Why would you pay so much for a katana that after a little while of vendors selling them won't be as valuable? Everyone and their mother will have one within months.

My sarcasm did not come across well it seems. :(

I agree with you wholeheartedly CT.

I'm simply irked with Excalibur at the moment and would love to see him drop all his coin on such items.