- Arkans

theotherjohn
03-03-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Arkans
OH NO! SOMEONE KILLED A MONSTER!!

- Arkans

a talking monster looking for the sorc that killed and animated his sister

03-03-2005, 01:35 PM
So everyone should leave it alone because it is a GM operated creature? I could have sworn a kobold was a kobold and was not welcome around Landing.

- Arkans

Makkah
03-03-2005, 01:44 PM
I got mixed opinions on this one. It wasn't armed. It wasn't directly threatening anyone, but it did ask me to kill the sorcerer. It really wasn't that big a threat, I don't believe. Shoulda let it talk and maybe made amends.

rht

theotherjohn
03-03-2005, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Makkah
I got mixed opinions on this one. It wasn't armed. It wasn't directly threatening anyone, but it did ask me to kill the sorcerer. It really wasn't that big a threat, I don't believe. Shoulda let it talk and maybe made amends.

rht

nothing special in the box I got from it since you were wondering:)

Fallen
03-03-2005, 01:54 PM
Next time Sanct the room and spell it up. You have to expect that if it is killable in any capacity, people will always kill a GM controlled monster.

[Edited on 3-3-2005 by Fallen]

Fission
03-03-2005, 02:28 PM
You have to expect that if it is killable in any capacity, people will always kill a GM controlled monster.

After the broken and unstoppable demi-god NPCs in Solhaven, is anyone truly surprised someone offed something that actually played by the rules?

:duh:

Fallen
03-03-2005, 02:34 PM
After the broken and unstoppable demi-god NPCs in Solhaven, is anyone truly surprised someone offed something that actually played by the rules?>>

Exactly, they are supposed to be Demi-gods. Living representations of the Arkarti's power on our plane of existence.

03-03-2005, 03:51 PM
Or perhaps people should have their characters not react differently to monsters when the player knows they are GM run?

- Arkans

Makkah
03-03-2005, 03:55 PM
Normal kobolds don't talk while they're in town, Arkans. Stop being a toolbag, jesus. (PS: it's a game)

03-03-2005, 04:19 PM
(No shit?!?! A GAME?!?!)

Normal kobolds don't talk? Yeah they do.. I'se going after him!.. or whatever stupid shit they say. I just like how some people whine about how OOC GS is then whine people people don't act OOC.

- Arkans

Chadj
03-03-2005, 04:23 PM
That's different as to when Kobolds talk directly at you.

If Chadj had a kobold talk to him, he would listen.. as long as there was something to gain (a reward of silvers would probably be what Chadj would ask for). If no reward were to be dispensed, Chadj would either just leave, or kill it for wasting his time.

There are plenty of IC reasons to listen to a GM operated Kobold, Arkans.

03-03-2005, 04:26 PM
This reminds me of the Shan cub or w\e in solhaven like 6 months ago and how I had the whole town up in arms for offing it.

FinisWolf
03-03-2005, 04:28 PM
Then again, its a fuckin` kobold..., and I will tell you, and char I run that has a smidgin` of a chance to kill a GM operated anything will do jus that, cause they sit there and make their piss ant NPC's that should be WAY below a PC demi gods, so fuck em in the neck!

Good going on killing the asshat!

Not so respectfully, but throwin my two cents in...
... and definetly not meant to offend anyone...

Finiswolf

Landrion
03-03-2005, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Arkans
Or perhaps people should have their characters not react differently to monsters when the player knows they are GM run?

- Arkans

I say, if a creature acts like a GM controls it I want to be as far away from that creature as possible for two reasons.

1) Its going to draw idiot players like a high power magnet in a scrapyard.

2) He/She probably has an invasion full of critters that can kill the OTF crowd just waiting to drop in.

Two very good reasons to be someplace else.

Fission
03-03-2005, 05:23 PM
This reminds me of the Shan cub or w\e in solhaven like 6 months ago and how I had the whole town up in arms for offing it.

Funny thing with the shan cubs happened later. One of them was running around in the shan area, a shan ranger came in, cast a spell and sure enough, hit the cub first. Even the critters hate the GM NPCs, apparently.

:yes:

FinisWolf
03-03-2005, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Fission

This reminds me of the Shan cub or we in solhaven like 6 months ago and how I had the whole town up in arms for offing it.

Funny thing with the shan cubs happened later. One of them was running around in the shan area, a shan ranger came in, cast a spell and sure enough, hit the cub first. Even the critters hate the GM NPCs, apparently.

:yes:

LMAO -- Too damn Funny!

Respectfully,

Finiswolf

Kainen
03-03-2005, 07:39 PM
See a monster in town, kill the moster in town. Not a hard concept. If you want people to leave it alone sanct the room and tell people you are protecting it. Good luck though. :lol:

FinisWolf
03-03-2005, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Kainen
See a monster in town, kill the moster in town. Not a hard concept. If you want people to leave it alone sanct the room and tell people you are protecting it. Good luck though. :lol:

Yea, do tell them you are protecting it, I am sure you will find yourself on the next hitlist... ::snicker::

LMAO...

Finiswolf

Divinity
03-04-2005, 10:01 PM
As for there being tons if IC reasons not to kill it.. it really does depend on the RP of your character.

Each and every character of mine would have acted differently to that situation.

I have to agree with Arkans though. Just because it is GM controlled, doesn't mean it should be treated like it is. That's not RP at all.

Ugh, don't type when buzzed.

[Edited on 3-5-2005 by Divinity]

Arshwikk
03-04-2005, 10:12 PM
I hate it when someone kills off a chance at rp and spoils the fun of other people before I do!

The best gm run creatures are killable, but not by peons. Taar was telling me IG in the cavern of ages that a Rat came there last night and killed people. 600 AS or something and 400+ DS...not sure it's td, but it apparently killed everyone and even hunted Taar down when he ran out into the rift or some crap. That would have been a fun challenge. I know what your thinking, 400ish DS ain't crap? I have to think it was in offense, and probably had nice redux too. Dunno, I missed the fun again!

Divinity
03-04-2005, 10:16 PM
Ok, you just told me the DS and AS of the rat. Not one reason why it was killing or the story plot. You're spouting off mechanics like that was RP.

You have a chance at RP every day during every moment you play GemStone. It shouldn't be "OH YAY, I CAN RP NOW BECAUSE A GM IS PLAYING A NPC AND I R ELITE AND NOW I CAN SHOW MY GREAT SKILLS."

If you RP all the time, every time, then you won't get so worked up over GMs. Yes, it's a roleplaying opportunity, but I don't see a lot of people getting worked over by regular PC's.

I hope that made sense.

Arshwikk
03-04-2005, 10:31 PM
No, it made no sense.

I spouted AS and DS, because that is what I got, and I am painting an ooc picture, as this board is ooc, of it's strength. There is not always a storyline between every gm's whim either. It's likely a singular event, it came and started killing, it left...as far as I know. I am not so anal that I need a reason for everything. Some people in gemstone like to hack and slash too. I think it's good rp when something pops in and starts killing everyone in sight to kick it's ass now and ask questions later...or hell, forget the questions part.

Arshwikk
03-04-2005, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Divinity
"OH YAY, I CAN RP NOW BECAUSE A GM IS PLAYING A NPC AND I R ELITE AND NOW I CAN SHOW MY GREAT SKILL.

As a sidenote, Arshwikk is an elven ranger. He prides himself in the hunt. It's good rp for him to think "I R ELITE AND NOW i CAN SHOW MY GREAT SKILL" or should he let some dwarf or dark elf show em up?

FinisWolf
03-05-2005, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Arshwikk

Originally posted by Divinity
"OH YAY, I CAN RP NOW BECAUSE A GM IS PLAYING A NPC AND I R ELITE AND NOW I CAN SHOW MY GREAT SKILL.

As a sidenote, Arshwikk is an elven ranger. He prides himself in the hunt. It's good rp for him to think "I R ELITE AND NOW i CAN SHOW MY GREAT SKILL" or should he let some dwarf or dark elf show em up?

er...

I think everyone shows him up...

j/k-ing

:lol:

Finiswolf