PDA

View Full Version : Sorc Rebuild (heeelp!)

DarknessWithin
03-02-2005, 11:49 AM
Hey everyone,

I come in the hopes of seeking your great sorcerer knowledge! I need to redo my lvl 23 sorcerer. As I stated in a different thread he pretty much can't do Scroll Infusion. He also probably needs to be tweaked in order to do 730 and other necro things since he has no necro lores and they seem to be making necro much nicer than demonology. Would it be possible to get someones help to redo his stats and skills?? I want to use my stat changes before they are taken away and I still have a fixskills. Any help? please? I'm really clueless when it comes to this.

His CS is 120 without an orb (130 with) and his DS is around 250 with self and wizard spells. I'd like to keep these the same if not higher. :) Like I said, he can't use 714. Everytime I try he fails. I think he needs to be trained more for Necro a bit cause it has its cool advantages, but i still wish him to be good in Demonology cause of 712, 714, and 725 when he gets there. Here is his info...

info
>Name: XXXXXX Race: Half-Elf Profession: Sorcerer (shown as: Hexer)
Normal (Bonus) ... Enhanced (Bonus)
Strength (STR): 83 (16) ... 83 (16)
Constitution (CON): 57 (3) ... 57 (3)
Dexterity (DEX): 61 (10) ... 61 (10)
Agility (AGI): 58 (14) ... 58 (14)
Discipline (DIS): 87 (13) ... 87 (13)
Aura (AUR): 91 (20) ... 91 (20)
Logic (LOG): 79 (14) ... 79 (14)
Intuition (INT): 67 (8) ... 67 (8)
Wisdom (WIS): 87 (18) ... 87 (18)
Influence (INF): 69 (14) ... 69 (14)
Mana: 105 Silver: 0

XXXXXX (at level 23), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Physical Fitness...................| 102 24
Arcane Symbols.....................| 148 48
Magic Item Use.....................| 102 24
Spell Aiming.......................| 148 48
Harness Power......................| 146 46
Elemental Mana Control.............| 102 24
Sorcerous Lore - Demonology........| 102 24
Perception.........................| 102 24
Climbing...........................| 50 10
Swimming...........................| 25 5
First Aid..........................| 102 24

Spell Lists
Minor Elemental....................| 14

Spell Lists
Minor Spirit.......................| 11

Spell Lists
Sorcerer...........................| 23
Training Points: 158 Phy 0 Mnt (392 Phy converted to Mnt)

Any help?? please? I need to do this before they take our stat reallocations away March 18th :( Please feel free to respond or U2U me

Sean of the Thread
03-02-2005, 12:09 PM
Heheh I half expected to see a plea for help with OMENS but alas it was not to be.

[Edited on 3-2-2005 by Xyelin]

Hips
03-02-2005, 12:20 PM
Michiko :heart: the sorcerer in question. Alas, I know nothing about training plans and stats. Try asking Adredrin.

[Edited on 3-2-2005 by GS3 Michiko]

Letum
03-02-2005, 01:31 PM
Drop logic and strength a bit in favor of dexterity. Logic is really only good for MP's, and even then, not that much. Your prime stats (AUR WIS) look like they aren't going to maximize till 50ish, and although it helps a little bit in the long run, it makes things rather painful.

There is nothing wrong with your training plan. If you want necro just switch lores. 2x in necromancy allows to you animate near like-level with some amount of frequency while 1x is typically about 10 levels below. Also you will need to train Spiritual Mana Control to 1x as it plays a role in the making of the salts. Most likely this can be done by dropping your first aid ranks, which honestly aren't very necessary if you're a sorcerer. Blood burst can often be used to negate the effects of a bad bleeder for quite some time with proper training in necromancy.

You're already trained for scroll infusion. Any spell over 12th in a circle and you will probably have some trouble unlocking it. The less powerful the runestone, the greater the success of unlocking. The spell is at least, if not more failure prone than 725 and 730.

If you are in CoL consider dropping to 1x harness and picking up more spells. As a half-elven sorcerer with your prime stats set kinda low, the CS will most likely be a pain in the ass at least till you pick up 425.

Hope this helps some. :bouncing:

DarknessWithin
03-03-2005, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the info Letum. I'm definetly taking it into consideration. So you're saying the only stats I should really change are logic and strength and put it into dexterity? My prime stats not maxing till 50 is a good thing isn't it? I'm sorry for all the questions but I'm seriously retarded when it comes to stats and skills. heh.

Dropping Demon lore will affect 712 and 719 won't it? 712 is a great defense spell so I'd hate to harm it. how do you afford to 2x necro lore?? I've only been able to 1x demon lore. Do I ditch the elemental mana control for spirit? Again I'd like to keep some of that if i could but I've been told It's kinda odd that I don't have spirit control. I was told by a friend that the first aid helped increase damage in 702 and some other spells. My sorc is in CoL but I don't think he could afford to drop to 1x harness. He only has 105 mana now at 23.

As for the scroll infusion, I've NEVER been able to successfully infuse a scroll. Shouldn't I be able to at least do little ones? heh.

Anyways, thanks for the help. Does anyone else have any suggestions or help? Like I said, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to this stuff. :(

FinisWolf
03-04-2005, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Xyelin
Heheh I half expected to see a plea for help with OMENS but alas it was not to be.

[Edited on 3-2-2005 by Xyelin]

I am a little bit better then that...

Thank you for the positive thoughts though.

Respectfully,

Finiswolf

Fallen
03-04-2005, 04:42 PM
It is always in your best interest to pick up atleast 1-5 ranks of the Lore, so you can use the retribution effect of the cloak. It will be dangerous to use high level spells, but 701-706 could be done.

For Necro, only a rank or two will allow you to gain blood when using blood burst.