PDA

View Full Version : GS IV

Xcalibur
09-16-2003, 04:41 PM
Is it too early to talk about it, how it will be like?

Can a warrior be able to have 2 weapon, skin and get his trap and still not sux?

Same goes with rogue? Ranger?

Faster fry? slower?

Overall, better or not?

Speculation or facts?

Some Rogue
09-16-2003, 04:49 PM
I know in my case, my rogue is losing quite a bit. And from what I've seen and heard, it's gonna be all about attrition battles-slower fry, slower advancement.

I think the inter-level advancement is just something to distract us from that slower advancement.

However, there are going to be some great new things, I just don't think the good is going to outweigh the bad.

Zir
09-16-2003, 04:52 PM
Reminds me of the navy. Slap a fresh coat of paint on an old rust bucket, so's it looks good from far away to people who dont know any better.

CrystalTears
09-16-2003, 04:55 PM
It's too early to start comparing the two. People are only going on speculation and the beta testing. We won't really know for sure until everyone is reallocated, hunting and interacting before we can make a real decision on that.

Nichan
09-17-2003, 01:25 AM
I personally dont care about advancement.. New features, and more flexibility are only good in my eyes.

Fabled
09-17-2003, 01:33 AM
Hands down GSIII....No Death Recovery Points, and no increased experience requirements to train as you get older.... Seeing 99997 experience until next level is going to be VERY depressing...

Dighn Darkbeam
09-17-2003, 08:43 AM
As some said, some aspects are good, some bad. I personally rather have a game that is "Broken" at later levels then what we are moving to now.

Many of the additions being added to the game I am happy to see. In the end, I would rather have GS 3 1/2 then gs4.

Kris na Su'ta

HarmNone
09-17-2003, 08:48 AM
I really think the best thing to do is wait and see, if you are still playing. The changes I am reading about would not appeal to me at all, but to those currently playing it may not be all that bad, once the kinks are ironed out.

I will be interested to see how some of the players who have been around for awhile adjust, once GSIV is a reality. :D

HarmNone will watch from a distance

StrayRogue
09-17-2003, 08:51 AM
GS4 is live?!

Xcalibur
09-19-2003, 07:01 PM
Just read a bit on the official forums

So basicly combats will be that...

Attack

1=first check if dodged: yes=5, no=2
2=blocked, yes=5 (clash with shield), no=3
3=parry, yes=5 (clash with weapon) no=4
4=AS vs DS, yes=6, no =5 (clash normal)
5=rt, no wounds
6=rt, wounds

AND they added attrition, less crits..

So instead of 2-3 rounds combat, it will be HELL MORE!

:flamed:

StrayRogue
09-19-2003, 07:04 PM
Its basically ripping off Unwritten Legends totally in execution.

ravinlloonitik
09-19-2003, 07:59 PM
poll freak

ElanthianSiren
09-21-2003, 09:37 PM
Yea GSIV likes to borrow from UL, but hey... immitation is the fondest form of "I want to nuke you because I didn't think of it first..." :saint:

I could take out my PC if you'd like Harm, blow off the dust. She is ummm... close to 100, and since I don't play anymore, I'm not sure what to do with her except give her to someone or use her to test.

Attrition = sad for folks who enjoyed ambushing; if I was still a regular player, I'd be mighty disappointed. It's one thing to start playing a game knowing their combat system involves attrition. It's another hot dog to play a game for years and then suddenly have the rules change. C'est la vie. Maybe I really am a cat.

-Melissa

[Edited on Mon, September nd, 2003 by ElanthianSiren]

Solkern
09-21-2003, 09:41 PM
Gs4 is going to blow, sucks for you all

Artha
09-21-2003, 09:43 PM
I think it'll be better, especially once they get all the kinks worked out.

BTW: If you want ambushing to be 1 shot kills again, I'll sell you my fish spine sword. 5 million :)

[Edited on 9-22-2003 by Artha]

Solkern
09-21-2003, 09:45 PM
heh, they havent got all the kinks to work in gs3 YET, shit how long will it be for gs4?

Betheny
09-21-2003, 09:48 PM
Beta is not going to be anything like the real game...

Solkern
09-21-2003, 09:50 PM
it's SIMU, they never have ANYTHING done, i bet you all, anything you want, gs4 will not even be half finished when they said it's going to open up, they'll probally just play it anyways cause they don't give two shits

Betheny
09-21-2003, 09:52 PM
No... the only reason people have access to beta (and I think it was a BAD Idea to let people have access to it) is because it speeds up the testing process. It also makes everyone nervous since half the stuff in there is NOT prepared.

Solkern
09-21-2003, 09:54 PM
I know, but you dont understand, gs4 wont be finished when they said it will be, half the shit wont be fixed or have bugs still, and it's going to fuck shit up, how can one get new customers, when one has no current customers?

Solkern
09-21-2003, 09:55 PM
Gemstone was gold, now it's dog shit.

Warriorbird
09-22-2003, 07:07 AM
I dunno. It might work out fairly well if they keep it in Beta till all the stuff is done. However, as it currently is? It needs a lot of help. They've made casters more desireable in the beginning, and weapon swingers less, whereas the opposite used to be true, rather than fixed problems across the board.

Artha
09-22-2003, 07:36 AM
Hopefully, with some decent player feed-back (hint hint), they'll change things like ambush and attrition.

Soulpieced
09-22-2003, 08:50 AM
Hopefully, with some decent player feed-back (hint hint), they'll change things like ambush and attrition.

And level 65 clerics who can almost ward a bard at the level cap.... No loss of relative power? Fucking bullshit.

Betheny
09-22-2003, 08:52 AM
I don't see how they have a choice as to whether to fix it or not.

It'll be fixed. They changed the plan for level compression.

Artha
09-22-2003, 08:57 AM
And level 65 clerics who can almost ward a bard at the level cap.... No loss of relative power? Fucking bullshit.

They changed level compression. They got rid of/changed Combat Leadership. It just takes patience and not screaming out 'OMG SIMU HATES TEH CUSTOMERS! CHANGE IT OR I WILL LEAVE!!!!11'

Betheny
09-22-2003, 08:57 AM
Perhaps someone ought to create a petition page? One with several petitions on it?

Solkern
09-22-2003, 09:00 AM
And do you think simu will care?
Simu has alreayd had hundred of complaints sent in, they don't care at all

Betheny
09-22-2003, 09:03 AM
They responded to a well-organized petition. It's just that no one is bothering with a petition this time, not even a poorly organized one. Everyone's just bitching. I used to do quite a bit of bitching, but then things got explained to me, and when I understood, things got a little easier to swallow.

However, rogues are getting cornholed, without lube. You guys should consider a petition.

Artha
09-22-2003, 09:09 AM
Click me. (http://www.petitiononline.com/create_petition.html)

If one of you wants to start something, go there.

StrayRogue
09-22-2003, 02:09 PM
No, Simu do not care. There total lack of communication skills would probably suggest this. Still no mails from Warden or Mel.

Tendarian
09-22-2003, 02:10 PM
Im a rogue and i personally cant wait for gs4. Ill 3x dodge and be able to pick as i shoot my crossbow to hunt. Not having to train in brawling is a definate advantage over gs3. I know im in the minority here though so i wont brag too much about how happy i am.

StrayRogue
09-22-2003, 02:18 PM
Oh me neither. Can't wait for GS4 in terms of my rogues. However, I do feel there are a number of areas, concerns and annoyances that the GMs are constantly glazing over. Their total ineptitude to answer straight questions proves this, or their lack of actual mental fortitude.

Hasek
09-22-2003, 06:21 PM
Reading the comments here and hearing that GM Warden had to fix some bugs which delayed the launch date gives me the impression that G4 is in trouble.

Many people really said the right thing in that since G3 was a mess and that they wanted to slow training G4 doesnt really clean up the game except in the training mode.

I do like the cross over in professions that's pretty neat but HarmNone said it best is to wait and see. I though hope it doesnt go into ICU and then they cancel it like breakage mega times. Then we get stuck looking like a fatboy in a straight-jacket trying to move. I am crossing my fingers on that it works out.

Artha
09-22-2003, 07:26 PM
Still no mails from Warden or Mel.

Have you considered there's probably about 600 other angry people emailing them both, multiple times?

Spinhope
09-22-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Maimara
However, rogues are getting cornholed, without lube. You guys should consider a petition.

Until reading this I hadn't been able to put my feelings on the GSIV rogue changes into words well enough to post them.

Thank you. Seriously.

~Fleckle, aware why his ass hurts now.

StrayRogue
09-22-2003, 09:50 PM
Some people can't seem to roll up a good rogue :D All the more power to me it seems.

Spinhope
09-22-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
Some people can't seem to roll up a good rogue :D All the more power to me it seems.

Are you talking GS3 or GSIV?

I have four different types of rogues in GS3, each one is really fun to play.

In GSIV, the only one which appears to be fun so far is the archer. He's around 30.

Fleckle, 85 in GS3 is 65 in GSIV. I cannot recreate a training path for him that I feel is equal to what he is in GS3.

I know all of the changes aren't in yet and I always try to be as optimistic as possible. I cannot, however, shake the sinking feeling I have in my stomach about the changes. I'll wait until all of the changes have gone in before I lose all hope.

At that point... I'll figure out the best way to train a rogue and be happy I guess.

Any opinions on the best plan?

~Fleckle

[Edited on 9-23-2003 by Spinhope]

Warriorbird
09-22-2003, 10:16 PM
Shoot a bow.