PDA

View Full Version : Rice coming to Canada

xtc
03-01-2005, 01:28 PM
It seems Condo..lie..zza is coming to Canada to talk about the Missile Defence program at the request of some Canadian diplomats, on the condition that they remain anonymous.

I have decided to change my stance on the Missile Defence program to whatever keeps Condo....lie..zza out of Canada.

On a side note has anyone else noticed that she looks like a chicken when she talks? Her head bops up and down.

http://sympaticomsn.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1109684680365_15?hub=topstories

Warriorbird
03-01-2005, 01:33 PM
Our new President...

Parkbandit
03-01-2005, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Warriorbird
Our new President...

Better option than Hilarious.. er Hillary. She won't run though, at least not in 2008

xtc
03-01-2005, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit

Our new President...

Better option than Hilarious.. er Hillary. She won't run though, at least not in 2008

Both those options scare the crap out of me.

How about McCain for the Repubs and Powell for the Dems. That would be a great election.

Jorddyn
03-01-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by xtc
How about McCain for the Repubs and Powell for the Dems. That would be a great election.

Er, isn't Powell a Republican?

Jorddyn, likes McCain

Warriorbird
03-01-2005, 01:56 PM
It's debateable. He's a lot like Ike.

Parkbandit
03-01-2005, 02:10 PM
Isn't McCain a Democrat?

:)

03-01-2005, 02:12 PM
RINO

Republican In Name Only

Says Rush Limbaugh

- Arkans

Latrinsorm
03-01-2005, 02:17 PM
Our new President... You don't really think W is going to stop at two terms, do you? After all the hype, jeez, it'd be a let down if he only stayed for 5 terms.
U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice will meet with Canadian diplomats Tuesday, to discuss Ottawa's decision to stay out of the U.S. ballistic missile defence system.It would have been so much cooler is they put discuss in quotation marks, or had a reference to the Treaty of "Sign this treaty or we'll blow your head off".

03-01-2005, 02:22 PM
What Bush needs and WILL do (careful you European liberrals!)

Since he was elected, his next course of action will be:

1. Dissolve Congress
2. Invade Canada to eliminate the "Canadian Corridor" to Alaska
3. Secure Mexico to prevent a two front war.
4. Prepare a huge bombing campaign against Cuba
5. Launch the largest land invasion against China
6. Fire bomb London
7. Have the 1st ID goose-- uhh.. march through Paris

- Arkans

Warriorbird
03-01-2005, 02:22 PM
Nah. The Republicans (and Halliburton) have other tools to use. He'll be phased out like LBJ.

Wezas
03-01-2005, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by xtc

I respect both of them (which is rare in politics) - though McCain did seem to jump sides.

It would be a good race. Their stances would be the deciding factor for me.

Parkbandit
03-01-2005, 02:25 PM
Powell won't run.

Parkbandit
03-01-2005, 02:26 PM
And Hillary won't win the nomination.

03-01-2005, 02:27 PM
All kidding aside, I wouldn't mind seeing a real conservative get into office. Not one that isn't brave enough to go for all the issues.

- Arkans

Warriorbird
03-01-2005, 02:28 PM
I hope not. We'd be doomed. Barack Obama is the person who should run (but won't...the Karl Rove-ites would have a field day with churches and a non conservative black with an Islamic sounding name). Evan Baugh or whoever will probably get the spot.

03-01-2005, 02:29 PM
What's so bad about a real conservative in office? Overhaul some of the systems, put Americans first, and work on our domestic issues. Wouldn't be a bad start, IMHO.

- Arkans

Parkbandit
03-01-2005, 02:44 PM
I personally believe this country needs a more moderate in the next round... either party.

I simply don't know of a moderate Democrat that has enough popularity to gain the nomination.

DeV
03-01-2005, 02:46 PM
I agree with your first statement PB.

I don't know if there is a Moderate Democract that is willing to step up and be heard in the Democratic party. Let alone gain popularity.

Wezas
03-01-2005, 02:47 PM
I personally believe this country needs a more moderate in the next round... either party.

I simply don't know of a moderate Democrat that has enough popularity to gain the nomination.

Agreed, and democrats had McCain.

Evidently he took moderate to a whole new level.

Parkbandit
03-01-2005, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by DeV

I don't know if there is a Moderate Democract that is willing to step up and be heard in the Democratic party. Let alone gain popularity.

That's because you (not YOU, but you in general) have allowed the liberals to take over your party and become the outspoken voice of all Democrats.

Warriorbird
03-01-2005, 03:08 PM
I think they need to tilt the alignment some. The political spectrum isn't just two sided.

xtc
03-01-2005, 03:08 PM

Originally posted by DeV

That's because you (not YOU, but you in general) have allowed the liberals to take over your party and become the outspoken voice of all Democrats.

Your statement MAY be true (I don't consider myself a democrat, but an independent).

I agree with you about a moderate in the next election.

What would you say about a party that chose Bush over McCain?

[Edited on 3-1-2005 by xtc]

Warriorbird
03-01-2005, 03:15 PM
I think the Democrats will end up going with Evan Bayh. Certainly looks better than Kerry did at the least.

DeV
03-01-2005, 03:27 PM
That's because you (not YOU, but you in general) have allowed the liberals to take over your party and become the outspoken voice of all Democrats. I agree that they (Democrats) have done it to themselves which is going to make it even harder for a moderate voice to be accepted instead of automatically being opposed or rejected.

They need to get it together.

Keller
03-01-2005, 04:07 PM
I think the Democrats will end up going with Evan Bayh. Certainly looks better than Kerry did at the least.

He's a hero in the state of Indiana. And for being a democrat in a backwards ass state like the one I came from, that's not too bad.

I'd still vote for McCain over Bayh, though.

xtc
03-01-2005, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm]It would have been so much cooler is they put discuss in quotation marks, or had a reference to the Treaty of "Sign this treaty or we'll blow your head off".

Not smart to start a war with a nation with nuclear capabilities.

Besides you have to be able to read between the lines.