PDA

View Full Version : Mod Poll

GSTamral
02-27-2005, 08:27 PM
ok, simple enough discussion here. Let's keep it civil.

Who do you feel is the best moderator, and why?
Who do you feel is the worst moderator, and why?

I'll start it off.

My favorite moderator is Tijay, because while we disagree many a time, he never loses control, and he treats people with respect, even when he doesn't like them.

The moderator I dislike the most is Tsa'ah, because he is condescending, rabid about what he believes to be right to the point of willingness to turn every thread into a pissing contest if he has to, and he actively goes out and picks fights.

Edaarin
02-27-2005, 08:32 PM
Soulpieced is my least favorite moderator. Do some work biatch! I don't even read the bard folder anymore because it's so full of offensive shit.

peam
02-27-2005, 08:41 PM
Anyone still have a picture of my 'Beating The Dead Horse Award'?

If so, we have a winner.

Tsa`ah
02-27-2005, 08:54 PM
Maybe we can start a poll about members since a vast majority of the complaints have nothing to do with moderating.

But anything that you can do to get your rocks off.

Hulkein
02-27-2005, 08:57 PM
We should have the same type of tradition as the people of Athens back in Aristotles time.

They used to have a city-wide vote to exile any person in the city, and whoever had the most votes was exiled for 10 years, no questions asked.

Can we do one month exiles? And polls once a month?

That'd be awesome.

Edaarin
02-27-2005, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Tsa`ah
Maybe we can start a poll about members since a vast majority of the complaints have nothing to do with moderating.

But anything that you can do to get your rocks off.

Done.

HarmNone
02-27-2005, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Hulkein
We should have the same type of tradition as the people of Athens back in Aristotles time.

They used to have a city-wide vote to exile any person in the city, and whoever had the most votes was exiled for 10 years, no questions asked.

Can we do one month exiles? And polls once a month?

That'd be awesome.

Ya know, Hulkein, that ain't such a bad idea. Problem is, there ain't no way to keep the damned exiles out. Fly, swim, ooze, or crawl...they all come back, one way or another. :(

Tsa`ah
02-28-2005, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by GSTamral
The moderator I dislike the most is Tsa'ah, because he is condescending, rabid about what he believes to be right to the point of willingness to turn every thread into a pissing contest if he has to, and he actively goes out and picks fights.

Have you met your inbred brother/father ... the kettle?

http://forum.gsplayers.com/viewthread.php?tid=12848#pid318298

http://forum.gsplayers.com/viewthread.php?tid=12447&page=2#pid308186

http://forum.gsplayers.com/viewthread.php?tid=12868&page=2#pid318958

The old adage of keeping one's mouth shut and looking like a fool seems to be playing in the back of my mind about now.

So let me restate this. You seem to have a problem with me the member and not me the moderator since your problem is with how I treat you and not any function as a moderator. Seriously, the he started it crap is what we used to pull as kids to get the other in trouble when we were guilty.

One of these days the monkey will lose interest in the football, or the football going to take it's turn fucking the monkey.

StrayRogue
02-28-2005, 12:06 AM
I get the impression he doesn't give a shit about how any feels about any mods, but just needed an excuse to stir the pot some more.

Tsa`ah
02-28-2005, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
I get the impression he doesn't give a shit about how any feels about any mods, but just needed an excuse to stir the pot some more.

Give that man a prize!

longshot
02-28-2005, 12:18 AM
I think Tsa'ah gets too much shit.

Just because he's a mod doesn't mean he has to put on a pair of panties and stop posting what he thinks.

His perceived "turning threads into a pissing contest" has zero to do with his ability and duty as a moderator. That's you disliking his posting style, which is fine. As a member, one is entitled to do so. But, don't say he's a shitty mod because he might share some of the same combatitve qualities in his posting style with you.

Don't even try the "mod's should be an example to all"... that's horseshit.

Look, nobody likes having their posts edited. You think I do? Some of the best shit I've ever written (IMHO) was vaporized within seconds. It's just the way it is.

Tamral, I like you. I like Tsa'ah too. Having said that, you two definately bring out the worst in eachother in your "who has the biggest dick" threads. However, I fail to see how that has anything to do with his position as a mod.

HarmNone
02-28-2005, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by StrayRogue

Bingo! You win the stuffed monkey! :D

Divinity
02-28-2005, 12:21 AM
Yeah, what Longshot said.

HarmNone
02-28-2005, 12:22 AM
Kranar, thankfully, doesn't put gags on his mods. We're allowed to express our opinions, even if they don't agree with someone else's opinion. We're even allowed to do so vociferously, if we so choose.

Some people are more outspoken than others, but we've all had our days.

4a6c1
02-28-2005, 12:24 AM
Should have read the thread before I posted. :oops:

R - decided not to help with the stirring. Tonight. :saint:

MrFeature
02-28-2005, 12:48 AM
I hate all the mods because they're all a bunch of fascists. Specially Tsa'ah and Peam. Answer my u2u you fucking whore.

HarmNone
02-28-2005, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by MrFeature
I hate all the mods because they're all a bunch of fascists. Specially Tsa'ah and Peam. Answer my u2u you fucking whore.

Is it something I can help you with, MrFeature?

MrFeature
02-28-2005, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by HarmNone

Originally posted by MrFeature

Is it something I can help you with, MrFeature?
Not you dumbass, Peam.

Fallen
02-28-2005, 01:15 AM
Honey gets you more bugs ..or whatever than vinegar.

HarmNone
02-28-2005, 01:18 AM
As you wish. I suppose he'll answer you when, and if, he gets ready.

HarmNone
02-28-2005, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Fallen

I think you're right, Fallen. Looks like bugs to me. :D

Sean of the Thread
02-28-2005, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Fallen

Vinegar tastes good on my sub.

Kainen
02-28-2005, 02:19 AM
Personally I love watching Tsa'ah put the smack down. He doesn't play favorites either and says it like it is. Nice to see in someone who is supposed to be moderating a place.

Shari
02-28-2005, 02:26 AM
Tsa'ah is hot.

And now that Peam has that conductors hat well...I'm not going to get into detail.

All physical attractions aside, I don't think I have any problem with any of the mods here.

And Soulpieced is a mod?! You mean he actually does stuff other than puff his own ego up?

SpunGirl
02-28-2005, 03:03 AM
I've never thought a moderator here was shitty IN HIS OR HER JOB AS A MODERATOR. Or, as Divinity said, Longshot is right.

And really, if you want overzealous moderation, try posting in some of the folders on the main boards. This is basically a free for all if you don't suck at reading the rules, which are pretty basic.

-K

TheRoseLady
02-28-2005, 07:17 AM
I also have no issues with any of the mods. I like Harmnone, Tijay and Tsa'ah. (Well I mostly like them all in their mod roles.)

Just be thankful that we were spared a page long dissertation on some function of management that the PC is lacking, according to Tamral.

Parkbandit
02-28-2005, 08:16 AM
I would expect this type of thread from someone like Lycain... but not you Tamral.

GSTamral
02-28-2005, 12:09 PM
I think this can be discussed civilly without becoming a flame war. People have their own opinions and should be able to express them without mods talking about them as being inbred.

Chelle
02-28-2005, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by GSTamral
I think this can be discussed civilly without becoming a flame war. ..

Oh c'mon I think you knew what would happen. Since, lately certain people have had it in for one particular mod. Everytime theres been a thread about mods, you can count on someone quipping in with one picking on Tsa'ah, about something that happened AGES ago. Because certain people just can't accept rules and let it freakin go. Someone got their lil toeseywoseys stepped on, got their lil post changed or pulled and they have to turn it into a major issue.

I've had a post pulled by Tsa'ah, maybe more than once. And he was right in doing so. You don't see me whining like a little bitch about it, and I am a bitch! ha!

jeez....

02-28-2005, 12:25 PM
Time for some :hump: !!!

- Arkans