PDA

View Full Version : Worst pain of my F*in life

Jenisi
02-27-2005, 09:27 AM
I don't have dental insurance and I guess one of my bottom wisdom teeth are starting to come through and I woke up crying. I don't know what to do, I dont have 700 bucks to get the damn thing out it's black and bleeding and I have to fucking go to work and it hurts to talk. I only have like 80 bucks... and there are no dental places open today... *cry*

SiKWiDiT
02-27-2005, 09:29 AM
You can buy a lot of liquor for eighty dollars.

Nieninque
02-27-2005, 09:33 AM
<3 our shitty NHS

Asha
02-27-2005, 09:37 AM
I know it hurts like hell but the only thing I could do in the exact same situation , last november , was rinse my mouth with salt water , anti-bacterial mouthwash and pop codeine pills 5 times a day till the infection wore off.

Only do this if you prefer sweating in a strange state of bliss to sitting in absolute agony.

One day your country might invest in its people and provide a national health service.
Makes things a bit more affordable.

Jenisi
02-27-2005, 09:47 AM
Well my sister's husband's dad is a dentist so we're seeing what he can do for me. I'm doing the salt-water thing... Well I just got off the phone and he can give me a free x-ray and prescribe me some anti-infection stuff so I'm calling early tommarow morning for an appointment... This sucks sooooo much. I'm just gonna take a bottle of salt-water with me to work and go buy some numbing stuff from the drugstore.

Asha
02-27-2005, 09:52 AM
Basicly , all you can do.

I hope you recover soon. There really is NO pain in the world nearly as bad as dental pain.

theotherjohn
02-27-2005, 09:53 AM
Perhaps next year instead of getting so many new tattoos and costumes for holidays you would put a little money into savings for instances such as this

Jenisi
02-27-2005, 09:56 AM
Hahahaha go fuck yourself.

Nieninque
02-27-2005, 09:57 AM
Clove oil is good.

Stinks like shit (well not like shit but it stinks) but it works

Asha
02-27-2005, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by theotherjohn
Perhaps next year instead of getting so many new tattoos and costumes for holidays you would put a little money into savings for instances such as this

Or move to England.
We break eachother legs for fun, becouse the treatments are almost free.

theotherjohn
02-27-2005, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Jenisi

no fuck you and everyone else that wants everything for free without having to work or pay for it.

save your money and quit wasting it on stupid shit.

DianaBanana
02-27-2005, 10:06 AM
Get a job at a supermarket where it's union run and then you'll have insurance. That's the only advice I have.

Asha
02-27-2005, 10:13 AM
The guy from Gemstonescripts.com (insomniac I think) pulled out his own back tooth once, the pain was so bad.
It got much worse as he was doing it but he couldn't stop becouse it was halfway out.
I almost puked when he told me it had snapped three times while he was doing it.
:sleep:

Brownsville Rep
02-27-2005, 11:30 AM

You're a fuckin idiot. theotherjohn is the only person giving you sound, logical advice and you tell him to fuck himself.

What kind of fucking loser doesn't have dental insurance anyways? Are you poor or retarded? Do your parents suffer from Down's Syndrome? Seriously what the fuck is the matter with you.

Don't blow money stupid bullshit and then complain when you can't pay for real things that you need.

StrayRogue
02-27-2005, 11:52 AM
Wow, what a pussy. She may or may not be any of those things, what she ISN'T is some fucking whimp who has to post as a fresh noobie account because they are too scared to say who they are.

Bobmuhthol
02-27-2005, 11:54 AM
Must be Methais.

02-27-2005, 11:57 AM
most dentists will allow you to work on a payment plan... pay so much each month

Chadj
02-27-2005, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
Wow, what a pussy. She may or may not be any of those things, what she ISN'T is some fucking whimp who has to post as a fresh noobie account because they are too scared to say who they are.

:yeahthat:

Brownsville Rep
02-27-2005, 12:08 PM

What the fuck are you talking about? What the fuck is a noobie account?

Jolena
02-27-2005, 12:09 PM
an account recently registered.

Asha
02-27-2005, 12:11 PM
What the fuck are you talking about? What the fuck is a noobie account? [/quote]

A poster who talks and acts precisely like that.
:yes:

Mistomeer
02-27-2005, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Dave
most dentists will allow you to work on a payment plan... pay so much each month

Every dentist I've met lets you pay on a payment plan if you can't afford it..along with oral surgeons.

HarmNone
02-27-2005, 12:34 PM
Ouch! I'm sorry, Jenisi. I can only imagine how that must hurt! I've been told that tooth pain can be absolutely the worst! Get to the dentist as soon as you can, hon. I'm sure you'll be able to work out something with regard to payment. :(

GSLeloo
02-27-2005, 12:38 PM
Ick ick ick. I remember when mine started coming in. I convinced myself I didn't need the surgery, then they started going again and I took about 12 tylenol. That was so painful.. good luck. Our insurance doesn't cover the dentist either but if I were you I'd call. Sometimes they'll cover the surgery if the took is impacted.

Jolena
02-27-2005, 12:40 PM
she means tooth! I swear it! :heart: loo

Asha
02-27-2005, 12:43 PM
Pfffft HarmNone, you haven't lived till you've felt dental pain.

HarmNone
02-27-2005, 12:44 PM
I've been really fortunate that way. I have good teeth, I guess. Lotsa calcium and all that jazz. Anyhow, I really feel for anybody who's suffering like that. :(

Asha
02-27-2005, 12:50 PM
My girlfriend is the same . .
Never had ANYTHING wrong with her shiny teeth . . ever.
So when I had wisdom teeth pain and another time with a filling, I couldn't bring myself to speak to her becouse I was so mad at our much differing luck.
Brush 3 times a day and you still get decay. WTF?
That's just not fair :mad:

Mistomeer
02-27-2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Drayal

Or move to England.

I was under the impression that they didn't have dentists in England...

Asha
02-27-2005, 01:07 PM
They don't have gyms in America either.

:grin:

StrayRogue
02-27-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Mistomeer

Or move to England.

I was under the impression that they didn't have dentists in England...

Then you'd be wrong.

longshot
02-27-2005, 01:38 PM
Two words:

Amature Night

Slingblade
02-27-2005, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Brownsville Rep

You're a fuckin idiot. theotherjohn is the only person giving you sound, logical advice and you tell him to fuck himself.

What kind of fucking loser doesn't have dental insurance anyways? Are you poor or retarded? Do your parents suffer from Down's Syndrome? Seriously what the fuck is the matter with you.

Don't blow money stupid bullshit and then complain when you can't pay for real things that you need.

Not everyone is covered by mommy and daddy's insurance dickhead, and most have other bills to pay and can't afford a ripoff dentist bill or even more ripoff medical/dental insurance. Next time you go to the dentist, ask him what the bill is after he gives you your "you've been a good boy" balloon.

Once you move/get kicked out of your parents' house and have to support yourself you might understand that. In the meantime go blow yourself. Waste of life.

HarmNone
02-27-2005, 02:12 PM
Well said, ermm...Slingblade. Things are not always quite as easy as some might have us believe. Not everyone has dental insurance. Hell, far too many people don't even have decent medical insurance of any form.

[Edited on 2-27-2005 by HarmNone]

Chelle
02-27-2005, 02:12 PM
Now, now..I reckon you don't need to hold back on our account. Tell us how you really feel, Slingblade. :lol:

Scott
02-27-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Slingblade

Originally posted by Brownsville Rep

Not everyone is covered by mommy and daddy's insurance dickhead, and most have other bills to pay and can't afford a ripoff dentist bill or even more ripoff medical/dental insurance. Next time you go to the dentist, ask him what the bill is after he gives you your "you've been a good boy" balloon.

Once you move/get kicked out of your parents' house and have to support yourself you might understand that. In the meantime go blow yourself. Waste of life.

It's called getting a decent job.

EDIT: I pay $1 a week for full coverage at my job.

[Edited on 2-27-2005 by Scott]

Back
02-27-2005, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by longshot
Two words:

Amature Night

heh

HarmNone
02-27-2005, 02:17 PM
A lot depends on where you live, Scott. Not all employers, in all states, are quite as generous as yours might be, especially with the extras...like dental insurance.

Scott
02-27-2005, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by HarmNone
A lot depends on where you live, Scott. Not all employers, in all states, are quite as generous as yours might be, especially with the extras...like dental insurance.

You're right, I don't know about every state. All I can tell you in PA, I never had a problem (post 18) finding a job that had health/dental.

But that reminds me Jenisi. You said you were going to college. Won't your parents insurance cover you as long as you are going to school?

HarmNone
02-27-2005, 02:27 PM
You're really fortunate, Scott. Here in South Carolina there are many employers who provide little, if any, decent health insurance. Only the largest companies provide dental coverage, and most of it that I've seen isn't worth much. Knowing that, I can imagine that Jenisi's parents might not have it, either.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
02-27-2005, 02:56 PM
Actually TOJ makes a good point, don't blow your entire paycheck each week on tattoo's, and maybe having seven hundred bucks for an emergency wouldn't be an issue. I picked tattoo's because you flaunt them all, but take any sort of "extra" cost that you don't have to carry. Hell, save a thousand bucks and then get whatever, but have a fund for just such emergencies.

AnticorRifling
02-27-2005, 02:57 PM
Jenisi if you're willing to travel a few hours you can come south and go to the IU school of dentistry. They are alot cheaper than most dentists and their work is flawless, it has to be or they don't graduate. The work is checked by a professor and the students are doing it for their grade so they take their time and do great work.

Just a suggestion, one that I'm probably going to take myself as I need all four of my wisdom teeth pulled because I got pushed off the list while I was in the Marines since I wasn't deploying ASAP and they needed to take care of those devils.

Let me know if I can get your more info on it or whatever.

peam
02-27-2005, 03:10 PM
Start popping 800mg of ibuprofen, followed by three Tylenol two hours later. It'll make the pain managable, until you can make it to the dentist.

Alarke
02-27-2005, 03:45 PM
Anitcor has a great point. IU has an amazing dentistry program for students and those that are willing to get help from grad students. You may want to look into that if funds are a serious issue. I know how bad it can be though. Impossible to find a good full time job in college while still taking 16 hours and getting insurance of any kind. I dont suspect people not in that situation to really understand the level of difficulty involved, or not having parents cover every cost in our lives.

Brattt8525
02-27-2005, 04:05 PM
Dental schools are a great idea! I know my coverage is about 1500 bucks a year anything after that I pay out of my pocket. Considering how much a simple crown can cost $1500.00 does not go very far.

Mistomeer
02-27-2005, 04:25 PM
They don't have gyms in America either.

:grin:

WTF is a gym?

Sylph
02-27-2005, 04:35 PM
I have the same problem Jenisi.... it'll hurt bad for a day or two... then it'll feel better and then it'll go away.

Ive been meaning to have my wisdom teeth pulled but I keep putting it off... (procrastination 4tehwin)

Vesi
02-27-2005, 04:56 PM
Dental school is a good idea.

Clove oil is good but I think the numbing things you can get at the drugstore are a little better.

Be careful on how many Tylenol you take. Don't drink with Tylenol!

You want to try to get them pulled (or cut out) instead of having them come in. They could crowd your other teeth and cause problems. Plus, the IV when you have them cut out is heaven.

Vesi who could use a twilight sleep most days through an IV.

Hulkein
02-27-2005, 04:59 PM

pwnt

Hulkein
02-27-2005, 05:01 PM
The guy from Gemstonescripts.com (insomniac I think) pulled out his own back tooth once, the pain was so bad.
It got much worse as he was doing it but he couldn't stop becouse it was halfway out.
I almost puked when he told me it had snapped three times while he was doing it.
:sleep:

My uncle got drunk to remove his hurting tooth with pliers...

He was too drunk and removed a good tooth, so he had to do it again.

Shari
02-27-2005, 05:50 PM
While I certainly understand where you're coming from, you might want to think about putting some money away for certain situations like this. TOJ was a lot harsher but I get his drift. Wisdom teeth suck, and I put off having mine removed until I realized I couldn't open my mouth even wide enough to put a thin mint through (CRISIS! not being able to eat girl scout cookies!)

You could also apply for a credit card, cut the card up but save the account info so that way if an emergency like this arises you can charge it without having to worry about the temptation to use it to buy frivalous things like clothes, tatts, etc.

Xcalibur
02-27-2005, 07:09 PM
You quit gemstone, you showed the little world of here that you aren't that stupid, cuty.

Get a dentist that accept mensualities, that help a lot too.

p.s. get dental insurrance too.

(by popular demand)

[Edited on 28-2-05 by Xcalibur]

Shari
02-27-2005, 07:11 PM
Eh...I think I understood like 1/3 of that last post.

<ducks>

Xcalibur
02-27-2005, 07:14 PM
If you'd turned your face around 45 degree to the left, you'd see clearer.

MrFeature
02-27-2005, 07:16 PM
I don't have dental insurance and I guess one of my bottom wisdom teeth are starting to come through and I woke up crying. I don't know what to do, I dont have 700 bucks to get the damn thing out it's black and bleeding and I have to fucking go to work and it hurts to talk. I only have like 80 bucks... and there are no dental places open today... *cry*

Believe it or not, no one gives a fuck.

Xcalibur
02-27-2005, 07:17 PM
Worst is, he's right.

:blush:

Jenisi
02-27-2005, 07:50 PM
LOL I'm all nice and fired up for this post. First off, if you don't give two shits about my thread, don't reply, how often do I post? 80% of the threads on these boards don't interest me so I don't bother reading past the first post if I don't give two shits. Second off, when I got my tattoo's (which aren't that expensive because I have a friend do them for cheap) it was when I wasn't in college and I WAS working a full time job with benefits and HAD insurance then... Second off, I have school full time Mon-Thursday, and I work Friday, Saturday and Sunday. And if you all want to get more personal, I have a mentally fucked up father that I haven't talked you in 5 years that lives in his parents basements, and my mom only has medicare and is on disability and doesn't have dental insurance because she has dentures and she doesn't work and I spend all my fucking goddamn spare time helping her out when I’m not at school or working. Please don't assume I don't know how to "money manage" and I go out wasting my money on tattoos and clothes all the time. I do have bills each month (I pay school tuition, gas to get across town etc, car insurance and my phone (which I'm still under my 2 yr contract so I can't get rid of) I was just hoping for a "feel better soon" type of post but I guess that was too much to ask for lol.

[Edited on 2-28-2005 by Jenisi]

MPSorc
02-27-2005, 08:14 PM
wisdom teeth suck ass, get better soon.

Warriorbird
02-27-2005, 08:21 PM
Our local dental school costs $60 each for an extraction...wisdom teeth or no. Get a referral from the dentist friend/relative and then pawn some cds or something and get the procedure done. You'll thank yourself later.

Warriorbird
02-27-2005, 08:22 PM
Oh yeah. And good luck and feel better and stuff. My teeth are pretty horrific. I feel your pain.

StrayRogue
02-27-2005, 08:26 PM
Heh, my wisdow teeth are coming through fine. Not a single bit of pain thus far. I bet that makes you angry :D

HarmNone
02-27-2005, 08:30 PM
Hush, Stay. Jenisi is going to throw both of us out a window! The poor girl is suffering.

Hugs, Jenisi. :(

Artha
02-27-2005, 09:09 PM
I'm pretty sure mine are coming in, unless you get some teeth in between getting all your adult teeth and your wisdom teeth. They hurt sometimes, but it's never really bad.

Nakiro
02-27-2005, 10:33 PM

no fuck you and everyone else that wants everything for free without having to work or pay for it.

save your money and quit wasting it on stupid shit.

Hahhahaha. He's so right.

The Cat In The Hat
02-27-2005, 11:10 PM
I wouldn't ignore them very long. I ignored mine for years because im nearly deathly afraid of the dentist. Up and down repeatedly every 4-6 months always pushing on my back teeth until they finally broke them. What could have been a routine surgery ended up being 4 trips to the dentist and 2 more teeth pulled.

Kyra
02-27-2005, 11:29 PM
Hope you get to feeling better soon! Be careful with orajel type stuff, too much can actually leave a chemical burn on your gums :no:

Tooth pain sucks really bad...and to everyone saying "Get a good job with good dental insurance" they SHOULD realise that not all areas have a great job market with benefits that are decent & worth the money or even available.

The crappy part with tooth pain is that it is actually nerve pain & short of anesthesia type drugs not much kills it.

Ibuprofin staggered with tylenol can help though & clove oil has some numbing effect also. Applying a cold pack to the outside of the cheek by the tooth can help also(relieve pressure/swelling). Good luck!

K.

longshot
02-27-2005, 11:55 PM
LOL I'm all nice and fired up for this post. First off, if you don't give two shits about my thread, don't reply, how often do I post? 80% of the threads on these boards don't interest me so I don't bother reading past the first post if I don't give two shits. Second off, when I got my tattoo's (which aren't that expensive because I have a friend do them for cheap) it was when I wasn't in college and I WAS working a full time job with benefits and HAD insurance then... Second off, I have school full time Mon-Thursday, and I work Friday, Saturday and Sunday. And if you all want to get more personal, I have a mentally fucked up father that I haven't talked you in 5 years that lives in his parents basements, and my mom only has medicare and is on disability and doesn't have dental insurance because she has dentures and she doesn't work and I spend all my fucking goddamn spare time helping her out when I’m not at school or working. Please don't assume I don't know how to "money manage" and I go out wasting my money on tattoos and clothes all the time. I do have bills each month (I pay school tuition, gas to get across town etc, car insurance and my phone (which I'm still under my 2 yr contract so I can't get rid of) I was just hoping for a "feel better soon" type of post but I guess that was too much to ask for lol.

Feel better hun.

Two more words for you:

Lap dance.

Jenisi
02-28-2005, 09:21 AM
I'm just going to ignore all the "get a better job, quit blowing your money, or wanting everything for free" type of posts (read my post above again) Thank you so much everyone for wishing me well. It's not feeling as bad today and I get to call the dentist and make an appointment now since they are open today.

02-28-2005, 09:36 AM
Be careful though, just because the pain stops, it does not mean that the problem is gone. I strongly suggest that you find a dentist that will do a payment plan for you. Until then, get better soon.

- Arkans

Tromp
02-28-2005, 12:45 PM
<BIG HUGS> to Jenisi

Hope you feel better babe

<smooches>

Wezas
02-28-2005, 01:00 PM
Ask for a double shift? http://members.cox.net/legendwezas/jenisi3.jpg

Jenisi
02-28-2005, 01:01 PM
Good one, heh.

Jenisi
02-28-2005, 05:03 PM
So they aren't infected, they took an x-ray and they are coming in sideways... Afdent... I talked to them and they are willing to take them out for 150 down and let me finance the rest thank god... So that's taken care of... As soon as I get 150 bucks... Until then got some fun pain to look forward to...

DeV
02-28-2005, 05:07 PM
. Until then got some fun pain to look forward to... What... no Tylenol 3/Codeine. They could have at least hooked you up with a prescription for the pain.

03-01-2005, 06:37 AM
I've been putting off getting my wisdom teeth pulled for over 3 years now.

theotherjohn
03-01-2005, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by RangerD1

how?

I had to get all 4 of mine removed in AIT

Wezas
03-01-2005, 11:08 AM

Need all the help you can get?

Jadewolff
03-01-2005, 11:39 AM
Heh, my wisdow teeth are coming through fine. Not a single bit of pain thus far. I bet that makes you angry :D

Mine did too, then I got told that there was no way I would be able to keep them cavity free since they were so far back. So I ended up getting the top two extracted anyway (because they also would be a problem to fill). But thankfully, it was a very basic painless extraction which lasted a total of 10 minutes.

xtc
03-01-2005, 11:41 AM

Why? I assume you have dental in the army.

Skeeter
03-01-2005, 12:29 PM
that cavity thing is overrated. they wanted to pull mine which were coming in with no problems because I *might* get cavities. I told the dentist I'd take my chances. been 4 years have not had any cavities yet.

Jenisi I thought I read you were still in school? You should check and see if you school offers health insurance to it's studentes. I was able to be covered this way while I finished up my degree.

GSLeloo
03-01-2005, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Jolena
she means tooth! I swear it! :heart: loo

lol I did mean tooth.. I didnt even notice. <3 Jolena!

03-01-2005, 02:08 PM
I think all colleges here require you to have insurance. Either your own on theirs. Theirs usually sucks and costs a lot of cashola tho.

- Arkans

03-02-2005, 12:34 AM

how?

I had to get all 4 of mine removed in AIT

Getting them out in basic would have made me wait over 2 months to get into OSUT so they let it slide since I had no negative symptons and I've never had priority since then.

Ben
03-04-2005, 02:23 AM

i could hurt you worse than that

Ben
03-04-2005, 02:25 AM
tattoos are more important than teeth.