PDA

View Full Version : ZMUD4LIFE MUST READ!!!

Kealozim
02-26-2005, 10:13 PM
For those of you still using the Wizard FE to run your scripts this is a little heads up on what I think, not that is really matters but this can help you alot for you scripters and script users...

I'm sure most of you have heard about zMUD or alot of your probably use it. The versatility of zMUD compared to any of the FEs offered by Simutronics is almost infinite. zMUD was created for free MUDs which generally don't have very many players and even muds that allow AFK scripting(not that this is in any way promoting AFK scripting) I have seen my fair share of that and believe me, thats the last thing people need... automated healer bots, buff bots, etc. it just doesn't work for the game mechanics. But for those of us legit scripters who just use them for the sole purpose of preventing arthritis :) this post is for you.

The list of things you can do with the zMUD scripting language is very extensive. The only thing with zMUD is unless your running a 16-bit OS you'll have to pay for the latest version.... or do you? >=)

The only thing I have against this client is the graphical interface or lack thereof. BUT there is a solution. I have developed a series of scripts for zMUD which is contained in a zip folder and automatically extracting into there respected folders. What these do is create an interface identical to the Wizard FE, graphics and everything. Although this isn't a new concept I have yet to see one that is compiled into an all-in-one package. And anyways any problem that is a result of Wizard FE or Stormfront or any of those other clients lacking a dynamic scripting language is solved in this.

It's really quite simple, you create a code say for an empath. If someone says "Could I get a heal?" or taps you or basically anything you want since you have the ability to use variables such as "Can you heal my (VARIABLE)?" or (VARIABLE) clenches their (VARIABLE) for actions the list is endless.

If you want this set of scripts for zmud I can send them too you privately. The problem with most of the scripts I see mostly hunting scripts is anybody who uses them is going to be hunting the same areas and resting in the same spots if they use the same script. Now think about that, if a GM knows this then well all they have to do is "secretly" follow any suspected scripters who are resting in the same area and it wouldnt be that hard to have evidence they are scripting. Also don't you think since Wizard FE is made by Simutronics that they can have a "silent" command send to the server which sets "SCripting flag" on your character to on whenever you run a script? Trust me it wouldn't be that hard for them to know youve been running the same script for hours....

Just something to think about :)

Mistomeer
02-26-2005, 11:29 PM
My only problem with zmud in the past was that I found the documentation fragmented and shitty. I never felt like sifting through all of that to write a basic script. I'm not sure how it is now, because I haven't looked at it in years, but haven't they since added a script timer?

02-27-2005, 12:47 AM
Feel free to email whatever you got to Thelca923@play.net I can't really do anything right now seeing as how I'm half way across the world but it would be appreciated :P