PDA

View Full Version : Petition to the Gods and powers that be

BHawk
01-24-2019, 02:01 AM
Realizing that “Cathedral Weddings” or GM Weddings are a lot of work as a lot goes into that project.... I can understand why they are not currently being offered.

I am petitioning the Gods to offer a package of just the wedding rings and wedding verbs. The wedding verbs and the verbs for the rings are already created. The only part that would require alterations would be the rings. Two items to work with QC.

Who else might be interested in a package with just the wedding verbs and rings?

MM

Methais
01-24-2019, 10:06 AM
Realizing that “Cathedral Weddings” or GM Weddings are a lot of work as a lot goes into that project.... I can understand why they are not currently being offered.

I am petitioning the Gods to offer a package of just the wedding rings and wedding verbs. The wedding verbs and the verbs for the rings are already created. The only part that would require alterations would be the rings. Two items to work with QC.

Who else might be interested in a package with just the wedding verbs and rings?

MM

I'm surprised these don't exist in the Simucoin store by now.

Gelston
01-24-2019, 10:14 AM
They should really just offer an item that grants the verbs to two people and the rings via the simucoin store. I guess a party tent token too or whatever.

Stumplicker
01-24-2019, 10:22 AM
They should really just offer an item that grants the verbs to two people and the rings via the simucoin store. I guess a party tent token too or whatever.

Or offer it as an in game Cleric guild skill that can be trained, transmuted, or whatever. Or Cleric + Alchemy, customizable based on the deity of the cleric.

If we're wishing for stuff, let's start with the wish from a non-microtransaction start point.

Gelston
01-24-2019, 10:23 AM
Or offer it as an in game Cleric guild skill that can be trained, transmuted, or whatever. Or Cleric + Alchemy, customizable based on the deity of the cleric.

If we're wishing for stuff, let's start with the wish from a non-microtransaction start point.

No, they wouldn't get money from that and they'd never offer it. They aren't going to go from collecting $180 to $0.

Taernath
01-24-2019, 10:25 AM

"Full" GM weddings already cost real money, I don't know why a more accessible version wouldn't. And something that requires coding is right out.

Stumplicker
01-24-2019, 10:26 AM
No, they wouldn't get money from that and they'd never offer it. They aren't going to go from collecting $180 to $0.

If they're not offering it as a service anymore, they're already not collecting it. If it does have to have a microtransaction angle, let the base item required for the alchemist be gotten by simucoin store only. Then you get the item. Take it to your local alchemist. They do their alchemy thing, create a ring. You take it to your local cleric, get it customized based on deity, then you do the wedding.

Everybody wins. Microtransaction still intact. Interactivity between players bolstered. New reasons to invest in existing artisan skills. RP angles expanded.

rolfard
01-24-2019, 10:29 AM

https://goo.gl/images/cx9RyC

Astray
01-24-2019, 10:30 AM
"The best RP development is when your character has to wait for you to swipe your credit card."

-Simu, probably.

Gelston
01-24-2019, 10:30 AM
If they're not offering it as a service anymore, they're already not collecting it. If it does have to have a microtransaction angle, let the base item required for the alchemist be gotten by simucoin store only. Then you get the item. Take it to your local alchemist. They do their alchemy thing, create a ring. You take it to your local cleric, get it customized based on deity, then you do the wedding.

Everybody wins. Microtransaction still intact. Interactivity between players bolstered. New reasons to invest in existing artisan skills. RP angles expanded.

And I imagine they are "offering" them still, just the schedule is full and there is only one GM that does it. It takes lots of QC and crap for them because you get a crap ton of alters you'll never use again.

No, that is retarded having to have those extra alchemy steps. Just the item from the store.

Taernath
01-24-2019, 10:32 AM
=Then you get the item. Take it to your local alchemist. They do their alchemy thing, create a ring.

Make it d100 RNG based, in keeping with the theme of crafting.

Stumplicker
01-24-2019, 10:36 AM
And I imagine they are "offering" them still, just the schedule is full and there is only one GM that does it. It takes lots of QC and crap for them because you get a crap ton of alters you'll never use again.

No, that is retarded having to have those extra alchemy steps. Just the item from the store.

I'm just trying to brainstorm ideas to make it at least somewhat interactive with the game in an in character sense. I'm sure there are better ways to tackle it, and I realize it's a system that's historically always been just a "pay us and we'll do it" deal. Nothing wrong with trying to think up ways to make it fit in character too. I don't like the idea of just asking for another microtransaction. It sends a bad message.

Gelston
01-24-2019, 10:44 AM
I'm just trying to brainstorm ideas to make it at least somewhat interactive with the game in an in character sense. I'm sure there are better ways to tackle it, and I realize it's a system that's historically always been just a "pay us and we'll do it" deal. Nothing wrong with trying to think up ways to make it fit in character too. I don't like the idea of just asking for another microtransaction. It sends a bad message.

I mean, Weddings IRL are a series of microtransactions. It fits in fine.

Astray
01-24-2019, 10:47 AM
I mean, Weddings IRL are a series of microtransactions. It fits in fine.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/227/009/807.jpg

Alfster
01-24-2019, 10:55 AM
They had something similar within the wavedancer so it shouldn't be hard to transfer the code

Gelston
01-24-2019, 11:02 AM
They had something similar within the wavedancer so it shouldn't be hard to transfer the code

The wavedancer verbs were cooler too.

mgoddess
01-24-2019, 02:36 PM

MM

Would absolutely LOVE this.

BHawk
01-24-2019, 06:40 PM

I wrote to Simutronics events and no, they are not currently offering the big wedding. It is a lot of alters and QC work. I get that. Which is why I think a package of just the wedding rings/verbs would be perfect. Maybe a token for the verbs and a Sadie type scroll for the rings.

Gelston
01-24-2019, 06:54 PM
I wrote to Simutronics events and no, they are not currently offering the big wedding. It is a lot of alters and QC work. I get that. Which is why I think a package of just the wedding rings/verbs would be perfect. Maybe a token for the verbs and a Sadie type scroll for the rings.

I take that to mean all the dates are booked, so, not currently offering. They only ever had so many a year.

BHawk
01-24-2019, 09:27 PM
I take that to mean all the dates are booked, so, not currently offering. They only ever had so many a year.

I am hoping that you are right.

Ososis
01-24-2019, 09:35 PM
Fuck more weddings. Lets set up God Divorces. force friends to choose sides and air all the dirty laundry of the couple. This already happens, but now you can pay for it and get an RPA.

Roiken
01-24-2019, 09:36 PM
Talking about the altering and stuff... I wanna say it was Hoy and maybe Hels that decided to get married for all the clothes and shit they could get out of it.
Was a long time ago.... when a merchant wasn't every other week obviously.

Wrathbringer
01-24-2019, 09:39 PM
Talking about the altering and stuff... I wanna say it was Hoy and maybe Hels that decided to get married for all the clothes and shit they could get out of it.
Was a long time ago.... when a merchant wasn't every other week obviously.

:lol:

Gelston
01-24-2019, 09:57 PM
It used to be they only did new items and they couldn't be pocketed, so the alters were just garbage, unless you just wanted some outfits I guess.

Fortybox
01-24-2019, 10:16 PM
Fuck more weddings. Lets set up God Divorces. force friends to choose sides and air all the dirty laundry of the couple. This already happens, but now you can pay for it and get an RPA.

I'd pay Simucoins if Wyrom would divorce you from the game. Does that count?

https://media.giphy.com/media/1xOQbaQ5EPj6t2Qwyw/giphy.gif

Ososis
01-24-2019, 10:18 PM
I'd pay Simucoins if Wyrom would divorce you from the game.

Legitimately the most thoughtful thing you have ever posted. Keep up the good work.

Fortybox
01-24-2019, 10:21 PM
Legitimately the most thoughtful thing you have ever posted. Keep up the good work.

Geez, lightning reply brah...that's creepy and oh so very special.

BHawk
01-24-2019, 10:25 PM
Lets set up God Divorces.

Many years ago my cleric cast Commune to ask the gods for advice on whether he should divorce or not. "You have suffered enough" was the answer.

Gelston
01-24-2019, 10:27 PM
Unfortunately, the only "true" divorce is to marry someone else.

Ososis
01-24-2019, 10:28 PM
Geez, lightning reply brah...that's creepy and oh so very special.

Timestamp burn, non-insulting insult/inside joke only you think is clever.

Fuck man, you reverted to garbage posting pretty quick. It's almost like...*gasp*... You have nothing to say but no way to stop yourself from saying it anyway.

Fortybox
01-24-2019, 10:39 PM
Timestamp burn, non-insulting insult/inside joke only you think is clever.

Fuck man, you reverted to garbage posting pretty quick. It's almost like...*gasp*... You have nothing to say but no way to stop yourself from saying it anyway.

http://image.blingee.com/images17/content/output/000/000/000/5d5/505713656_1529118.gif

Ososis
01-24-2019, 10:49 PM
And back to the worthless gif? You still never explained why it made any sense, or why it was insulting, or why I am so terrible, or literally anything at all. You just post non sequitur after non sequitur and (I assume) giggle "got em" to yourself each time.

Fortybox
01-24-2019, 10:59 PM
And back to the worthless gif? You still never explained why it made any sense, or why it was insulting, or why I am so terrible, or literally anything at all. You just post non sequitur after non sequitur and (I assume) giggle "got em" to yourself each time.

https://armchairmogul.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/2776862.jpg

Methais
01-25-2019, 08:41 AM

Make GS Divorce Court a mandatory part of this.

Diablic
03-11-2021, 07:18 PM
To cancel weddings, but allow wedding/marriage verbs is a no brainer income maker for Simu. Im surprised they haven't done it already.

Diablic
03-11-2021, 07:31 PM
Make GS Divorce Court a mandatory part of this.

But who would host it? Jerry or Maury? Judge Judy?

Methais
03-12-2021, 03:28 AM
But who would host it? Jerry or Maury? Judge Judy?

Judge Methais.

Gelston
03-12-2021, 09:11 AM
To cancel weddings, but allow wedding/marriage verbs is a no brainer income maker for Simu. Im surprised they haven't done it already.

Thanks for your informative necro.

Taernath
03-12-2021, 09:35 AM

What, like 500 simucoins to learn the heavypet verb?

Gelston
03-12-2021, 10:06 AM
What, like 500 simucoins to learn the heavypet verb?

I was going to make some dumb joke about ACT, but imagine if they limited act use behind subscription/simucoin paywalls.

Methais
03-12-2021, 12:25 PM
I was going to make some dumb joke about ACT, but imagine if they limited act use behind subscription/simucoin paywalls.

I'm surprised they don't have an item on the store that removes the parenthesis from using ACT.

BECOME A SUPER ROLEPLAYER WITH THIS NEW ACT POTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Diablic
03-12-2021, 12:31 PM
Thanks for your informative necro.

Amazing you gave me negative rep. Sorry I triggered you so bad.

Gelston
03-12-2021, 12:33 PM

I didn't give you neg rep, I can now if you want though.

Diablic
03-12-2021, 12:38 PM
I didn't give you neg rep, I can now if you want though.

Fair enough, "someone" gave me negative rep with the exact same comment you made. :shrug: I thought it was kind of funny.

Gelston
03-12-2021, 12:40 PM
Fair enough, "someone" gave me negative rep with the exact same comment you made. :shrug: I thought it was kind of funny.

Rep isn't anonymous anymore. There used to be a plug in that automatically did this, but go to setting, right click, view page source, look for a line that looks similar to this: <li class="floatcontainer blockrow summaryinfo pos" id="reputationbit_2201103_6078"> above the rep, then put that last 4 behind this link http://forum.gsplayers.com/member.php? , like http://forum.gsplayers.com/member.php?6078 for the one I posted.

caelric
03-12-2021, 01:31 PM

I gave you negative rep with a similar comment, because WTF, dude? Why bump this thread?

Diablic
03-12-2021, 02:57 PM
I gave you negative rep with a similar comment, because WTF, dude? Why bump this thread?

Why not? I know a lot of people who would pay to have the verbs. Its a lot cleaner and easier than ACTing everything. The way Simu is bringing new stuff out, its worth a discussion.

Also, if you dont like the bump, you dont have to read it. You dont have to get upset. Just move on like you do most everything else.

Diablic
03-12-2021, 02:58 PM
Rep isn't anonymous anymore. There used to be a plug in that automatically did this, but go to setting, right click, view page source, look for a line that looks similar to this: <li class="floatcontainer blockrow summaryinfo pos" id="reputationbit_2201103_6078"> above the rep, then put that last 4 behind this link http://forum.gsplayers.com/member.php? , like http://forum.gsplayers.com/member.php?6078 for the one I posted.

Also, thank you for the information! I am going to rep you for the info. However, it just seems like a lot of work to figure out which troll it was (although hes revealed himself since)

caelric
03-17-2021, 12:49 PM
Also, thank you for the information! I am going to rep you for the info. However, it just seems like a lot of work to figure out which troll it was (although hes revealed himself since)

I like how you say I'm a troll. Because all negative rep is definitely from trolls.

Methais
03-17-2021, 04:30 PM

It sounds like more work than it is. It takes like 30 seconds.