PDA

View Full Version : MEET YOUR FRIENDS AT SIMUCON 2005!

theotherjohn
02-25-2005, 11:13 PM
Once again Simutronics is hosting the biggest play.net party of the year, and you're invited! Don't miss out as hundreds of gamers from around the globe gather for... SimuCon 2005!

For more information (and to reserve your ticket) visit the SimuCon website at: http://www.play.net/simucon/2005/

Kainen
02-25-2005, 11:21 PM
:lol:

SpunGirl
03-06-2005, 07:39 PM
Simucon last year was really, really fun. If I can go this year, I'm NOT going to register, because a) the seminars are reported to be the same every year, and even last year I only made it to two of them, and b) the costume dinner (the "main" event wasn't THAT great, the food wasn't THAT good and I had a better time just relaxing and partying with my friends. I'd rather spend the $200 on party time.

-K

Artha
03-06-2005, 07:42 PM
I might go. Maybe.

edit: It was a blast last year, even though I couldn't drink. The area around the hotel is just generally cool, the people are pretty rad, and I am all about time off of school.

[Edited on 3-7-2005 by Artha]

SpunGirl
03-06-2005, 07:43 PM
If you do, we're getting you wasted this year.

-K

Edaarin
03-06-2005, 09:53 PM
Did Artha really just use the word "rad?"

Makkah
03-06-2005, 10:33 PM
This is a topic about Simucon, Edaarin. Using the word "rad" can't really make it any more lame.

Artha
03-06-2005, 10:35 PM
Don't be wordist.

Asha
03-07-2005, 07:51 AM
Woo hooo I can't wait see to all my frien . . . Oh. .

I have no friends who would go.

:wtf:

[Edited on 3-7-2005 by Drayal]

The Cat In The Hat
03-07-2005, 07:57 AM
I turn 25 again on June 9th, so I'm planning on taking my ass there as a birthday present to myself. Not sure though if I want to attend the seminars and such since I generally don't care too much about *how* the game works.

Of course, all depending on if I have to work or not at the time.

Asha
03-07-2005, 08:08 AM
You turn 25 again?

Impressive.

Amaron
03-07-2005, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Drayal
You turn 25 again?

Impressive.

Doesn't everyone?

Jo

Ps wish I could go... One more year of grad classes in the Summer! Then maybe...

The Cat In The Hat
03-07-2005, 10:19 AM
You turn 25 again?

Impressive.

Yes, again. Because I refuse to be 30.

Atlanteax
03-07-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by The Cat In The Hat

You turn 25 again?

Impressive.

Yes, again. Because I refuse to be 30.

So how many times have you been 25 again? :saint:

The Cat In The Hat
03-07-2005, 11:37 AM
Hush you!

SpunGirl
03-07-2005, 02:10 PM
I don't think you'd miss anything by not attending the seminars, Gothique. It depends on what you want out of it, really - but the best part is just hanging out with friends, which you don't need a pass to do.

-K

The Cat In The Hat
03-07-2005, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by SpunGirl
I don't think you'd miss anything by not attending the seminars, Gothique. It depends on what you want out of it, really - but the best part is just hanging out with friends, which you don't need a pass to do.

-K

Thats the only reason I would go honestly. It's not the $$, I just doubt I could sit there and listen to game mechanic stuff and not fall asleep. If I go it will likely be without the pass thing.

I almost went to the very first con, my IG husband (Criket) was going to take me with him but I was a bit too young to go running off with strange men to a hotel somewhere in the middle of a place I've never been :lol:

Slingblade
03-07-2005, 04:40 PM
I went a couple years ago and while it was fun, there's no way I'd pay to register again. I heard last year was a real halfass job and nowhere near as good as previous ones.

The seminars were boring and idiots that went to the seminars asked the same stupid ass questions (like REALLY stupid questions that even Warclaidhm wouldn't bother to ask) over and over again (I still don't know how Warden kept himself from saying WILL YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY I ANSWERED THAT STUPID QUESTION 10 TIMES ALREADY, THE ANSWER ISN'T GOING TO CHANGE DUMBASS!!!!!111) The dinner food was ok, but the dinner itself was kinda boring. It was fun listening to Whatley try and promote HJ and GS4 when he really had no clue what he was talking about, but still nowhere near worth $300 or whatever they're charging this year. Didn't the price go UP this year by like $40?

It's a fun event and most of the people were pretty cool (or maybe it was just the beer), but do yourselves a favor and don't waste your money on registration. It's not worth it. Spend that money on more alcohol, it'll be more rewarding than finding out game info a week before everyone else gets to read it on the play.net site.

I met a lot of people that I thought would be dorks and turned out to be pretty cool and vice versa, and I'm now convinced that Armaxis's player worships Luukos in RL.

[Edited on 3-7-2005 by Slingblade]

Arshwikk
03-07-2005, 08:18 PM
I am rather pleased the word "rad" was used...it's a good word, and should make a comeback.

NOT reasons to come:

1. I hate people, but I might come anyway.
2. It's a long boring drive and I have no driving stamina.
3. I have way too many friends and sometimes it's nice to get away and make new enemies.
4. I'm drunk and really need to drive somewhere.
5. I need to transport drugs over at least two state borders, and driving to St. Louis is perfect.
6. I ran out of cigarettes.
7. I wanna party like it's 1999 (mainly because your just 6 years too late)
8. The seminars are sure to be life changing.
9. I'm hungry.
10. I wanna meet a chick who doesn't spend too much time on the computer.

SpunGirl
03-07-2005, 10:51 PM
I have comments on a few of your reasons....

Originally posted by Arshwikk

NOT reasons to come:

2. It's a long boring drive and I have no driving stamina. - Fly instead

3. I have way too many friends and sometimes it's nice to get away and make new enemies. - None of your friends will ever understand why you play GS like your GS friends do.

6. I ran out of cigarettes. - There are like 1,000 people to bum them from.

7. I wanna party like it's 1999 - Club 114 definitely was such a party.

9. I'm hungry. - St. Louis Bread Company RULEZ.

10. I wanna meet a chick who doesn't spend too much time on the computer - Don't let your experience with Teeoncy leave you jaded.

-K

Artha
03-07-2005, 11:01 PM
St. Louis Bread Company RULEZ.
All of the restaurants in the area around the hotel kick serious ass.

[Edited on 3-8-2005 by Artha]

SpunGirl
03-08-2005, 01:56 AM
Don't forget the bar that was $20 all you can drink.

-K

03-08-2005, 03:58 AM
Hello baby. I enjoyed our conversation on the phone the other day. My whole goal was to let you know how much I cherish you. I love you honey. I always find it interesting that we seem to find new topics to discuss. Just when I think that we have covered nearly everything, another new and interesting topic comes up. Of course, our time apart affords us a lot of time to think about everything. I know I spend most of the day lost in my thoughts, thinking about you and our relationship. I think that we have a very solid relationship in all aspects. I also believe that we can always improve and make-better.
Like I said yesterday, I hope that your expectations of me are fullfilled when I get home. I was looking at myself in the mirror last night while I was shaving and I can't understand it... I am a dweeb. Nevertheless, I am thankful and blessed that you love me. I am also pleased that you find me sexual attractive. It is easy for me to please you in the bedroom because you are my sex goddess. Your body is a playground and I always have fun climbing and exploring. In addition, I am also excited that you are interested in allowing us to venture into "uncharted territories" in our bedroom. I think that we can really have some fun with little outfits and assorted items.
I think it is wonderful that we are evolving and exploring. I don't expect you to dress up in an outfit or allow me to lick chocolate syrup off your butt every time we fool around, I just think it is fun to know that we can go there, if we're in the mood for that sort of thing. Mainly, I just want you to be comfortable, and most importantly, I want us to just HAVE FUN!!! I can't wait to see your naked boobs pouring out of that top. YAHHHOOOOO!
In reality, I can't wait to see your naked boobs in any capacity. I just want to see you and grab everything! I really miss the feel of your soft warm flesh against my lips. Yummy in my tummy. I will move on from all this talk for now, I think it is best to hold off talking like this until a fews days before I get home. What do you think?
In other news, I feel your pain when you talk about how you can't wait to get back to our house. I knew you would reach your limit. Visiting is fun, but I can only realistically stomach family for two or three days at a time. I am dumbfounded how you persevered this long! I think it has all been good for Bella to be in that environment for a while. I am sure she had a great time. She sounds very vocal everytime I call you. I am very excited to see her and take her in my arms and plant a nice big smooch on her lips. Even if she is squirming and turning her head, I am going to sneak in a good smooch. I think about how fun it is going to be when I am sitting on the couch and Bella is big enough to be running around on her own. I imagine reaching out and grabbing her as she runs by. I can almost hear her screaming, "Papa, NOOOOO!" as I plant a kiss on her cheek. I think that is the type of girl she is going to be. What fun. What a little beauty.
I am glad that we have been able to freely comunicate throughout this time apart from each other. I think that we have successfully been able to keep each others "love tanks" near the full line. My goal this deployment was two-fold, one, I wanted to develope a stronger and closer relationship with God, and number two, I wanted to take that relationship that I have with God and apply it to my relationship with you and Bella. I think that a strong relationship with God can easily influence our relationship as a married couple and as a family. I want every aspect of our marriage to be strong and fullfilling and living up to its full potential.
I am not saying that I am not happy and content with our relationship as it is right now, however, I always believe; as you well know, that I can always do more. I realize that you are happy with everything thus far, and I am super pleased as well, it is just that I enjoy thinking about ways to expand our relationship. Kinda like our bedroom manner. I love our style now, however, I think that we can expand our horizons to encompass new and interesting ideas. I am glad that you're very open minded towards my fantasies. I encourage you to be forthcoming with your ideas as well.
Anyhow my love, I will call and write again soon. I love you and Bella very much.

^

I just tried to copy spun girls post and when I hit CRTL-v this came up.

wtf

Btw, I need the address of that $20 all you can drink bar.

[Edited on 3-8-2005 by RangerD1]

Slingblade
03-08-2005, 04:04 AM
:wtf:

Sean
03-08-2005, 04:31 AM
I think it was rangerd's way of saying if you send emails from simucon about licking people butt and then smooching their kids make sure you clear out the clipboard so its not stuck there for people to paste.

The Cat In The Hat
03-08-2005, 05:26 AM
And I read the whole thing waiting for the joke...

That will teach me to skip to the bottom first.

Alfster
03-08-2005, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by SpunGirl
Don't forget the bar that was $20 all you can drink.

-K

Heh, 20 dollars all you can drink? That's actually kinda spendy...around here they have specials on wednesday and thursday nights...5 dollars all you can drink beer, or 7 dollars all you can drink cheap booze (lowest possible shelf booze that is)

SpunGirl
03-08-2005, 01:28 PM
Ew, I'd rather spend $20 so I'm not limited to beer or nasty well tequila or something. Anywho... chocolate sauce on the butt. Sounds kind of gross.

-K

Ylena
03-08-2005, 03:15 PM
Has anybody tried to make hotel reservations? Both hotels look full already, which has to be wrong.

I was adamant about not going this year.. but after Vegas last weekend, I think Gary and I are. Too many people we won't see otherwise. We aren't going to register, though.

Bobmuhthol
03-08-2005, 03:22 PM
<<10. I wanna meet a chick who doesn't spend too much time on the computer.>>

Funny, I always wished I could get a girlfriend who could sit at a computer without wondering wtf was happening.

03-08-2005, 03:25 PM
Dude, I'd be so much richer if I knew there were all you can drink bars.

Mikare
03-10-2005, 04:04 PM
Simucon's Player Organized Wednesday Night dinner is in the planning stage! We have been to Llywelyn's and Nino's and will try somewhere different this year.

Sunday evening, post Simucon, there will be a dinner at Robato's for players and staff. Staff always misses out on the Wednesday Dinner so we decided to plan one for both this year!

If you will be attending the dinners, send me an email at cytal@play.net Let me know if you plan to attend one or both, give me your character name, SO, and which game you play.

Dinner is usually $20-25, including meal, sodas/iced tea, and the tip. Alcoholic drinks are on your own!

Mikare/Cindy

NOCon!
August 5, 6, & 7, 2005
Fai do do in the Vieux Carre`
(Dance Party in the French Quarter)
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/3131/vieuxcarre.html
Laissez les Bon Temps Rouler!
(Let the good times roll!)

[Edited on 3-10-2005 by Mikare]

[Edited on 3-13-2005 by Mikare]

[Edited on 3-13-2005 by Mikare]

Bobmuhthol
03-10-2005, 04:49 PM
Yeah your dinner in New Orleans is obviously SimuCon!

Mikare
03-12-2005, 08:45 PM
Umm...I am organizing the Wednesday Night Dinner and Sunday Evening Dinner at Simucon as well as working with NOCon...

Mikare

Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
Yeah your dinner in New Orleans is obviously SimuCon!

Bobmuhthol
03-12-2005, 08:46 PM
Either way, it's not SimuCon.

SpunGirl
03-12-2005, 09:11 PM
This reminds me, we are going to try and have a Player's Corner brunch at Simucon. Fun - fun.

-K

03-12-2005, 09:17 PM
I'll bring the drugs.

- Arkans

Alfster
03-12-2005, 09:21 PM
I'll bring the slightly used needles