PDA

View Full Version : Cafe Comments Rant!

ieva
02-25-2005, 11:56 AM
So, I wake up a bit early this morning - really, I never went to sleep.. And decide I am feeling adventurous. By request of my parents, I decide to visit TWO cafes in my neighborhood: Essential Baking Company and Starbucks.

Anyways, my first stop is at the essential baking company and my experience goes as follows:
---------------------------------------------------
Server: What can I get you?
Me: A Bostock and Three Quiches.
Server: *Quirks an eyebrow* You must be hungry.
Me: It's not all for me.
Server: *Silence with a questioning look*
Me: But if you must know, I am hungry *gestures at food*
Server: You look like you have hang-over munchies.
Me: Nope.
Server: Coffee? Tea?
Me: *getting peeved* Nope.
Server: What! No coffee?! It's great for hang overs! Who doesn't drink coffee.
Server 2: You don't.
Me: I'm not hung over, can I please pay.
-------------------------------------------------

Now I go to starbucks.

Me: Tall non-fat caramel mochiato (sp?), half the syrup, add whip.
Server: Would you like something to eat?
Me: No.
Server: Come on! I know you want something. You look hungry.
Me: *Helpless sigh* Fine. Give me a sandwhich.
Server: It'll be up at the counter.
Patron: *Glances at my boob* Where's your shirt from.
Me: Umm..
Patron: Oh, Mexico. That's pretty funny.
Me: Yeah... my boyfriend's parents got it for me on a trip. *Gazes down at boob which reads: FBI. Federal Bureau of Intoxication. Cancun Mexico.*
Patron: Why?
Me: Because...
Patron: They must think you are a drunk.

-------------------------------------------------

Seriously, what the fuck! It's freaking early, I'm young - I'm chilling in a tee-shirt and sweats. I didn't fucking ask for a fucking side of comments with my coffee and quiche! Some people just don't know what to shut up.

Seriously, Good morning to you too! :fu:

..... Sorry about the rant.

02-25-2005, 11:58 AM
... You've got to be kidding me. Chances are if you are young and wearing that you AND up that early you probably are high and drunk!

- Arkans

CrystalTears
02-25-2005, 12:01 PM
Did Jazuela get a new job? *snickers*

Kidding!

Kinda. :P

ieva
02-25-2005, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Arkans
... You've got to be kidding me. Chances are if you are young and wearing that you AND up that early you probably are high and drunk!

- Arkans

As I've said many times: It could be worsed. I could be German.

Wezas
02-25-2005, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears
Did Jazuela get a new job? *snickers*

Kidding!

Kinda. :P

Pwned!

Also, the shirt was probably the reason for the comments at both places. Also would be a tip off if you looked like death.

02-25-2005, 12:09 PM
Feh, you know you're guilty of being in the situation you've been accused of before!!

- Arkans

ieva
02-25-2005, 12:13 PM
I suppose... still....

Anyways, screw this. I'm gonna go get some beer. :cheers:

CrystalTears
02-25-2005, 12:24 PM
Kidding aside, I really can't stand places that want to chit chat and be social when you clearly don't want to be. I don't give a shit what I'm wearing or what I look like. Unless I initiate the happy vibes, don't try to be my buddy when I'm trying to get what I want and leave.

ieva
02-25-2005, 12:26 PM
Kidding aside, I really can't stand places that want to chit chat and be social when you clearly don't want to be. I don't give a shit what I'm wearing or what I look like. Unless I initiate the happy vibes, don't try to be my buddy when I'm trying to get what I want and leave.

Thank you! :clap:

Tsa`ah
02-25-2005, 12:34 PM
The rules change if it’s a campus shop. In college I would do nothing but fuck with the hung over crowd that would come in for coffee .... prolonging the hangover!

Starbucks, well, Starbucks is the devil and the coffee isn't that great. I seriously consider a gas station if my only option is Starbucks. The gas station doesn't win, but Starbucks still is the suck.

In the first case ... the guy was hitting on you, and poorly at that. You've got a rack; you should expect this by now.

In the second case it was just upselling as all of the soulless residing in Starbucks are required to do.

It's still irritating, especially if there's a line and the guy behind the counter is holding it up flirting with a girl sporting a big rack.

Parkbandit
02-25-2005, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Tsa`ah
It's still irritating, especially if there's a line and the guy behind the counter is holding it up flirting with a girl sporting a big rack.

Oh please... you've been that guy before.

I've been that guy before.

Big racks bring it out in most of us. I blame her for flaunting them around like she obviously is. If she didn't WANT us to look, stare, oogle, flirt.. she would have worn something less revealing. I bet she was cold too.. which is even worse.

:D

Tsa`ah
02-25-2005, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit
Oh please... you've been that guy before.

Damned straight I was that guy.

CrystalTears
02-25-2005, 01:00 PM
Big racks bring it out in most of us. I blame her for flaunting them around like she obviously is. If she didn't WANT us to look, stare, oogle, flirt.. she would have worn something less revealing. I bet she was cold too.. which is even worse.

Yeah girls. Make sure that you fucking bundle up in a turtleneck and tacky sweats so that we don't give any man the satisfaction, because then all the commentary is all our fucking fault.

Can I say that I really want to stick a stilleto heel into PB's left eye right now? :D

AnticorRifling
02-25-2005, 01:18 PM
This is why I love(d) working in customer service. The ability to read people and give them what they want. They don't want friendly then they get there stuff without friendly it's easy and it makes them happy.

AnticorRifling
02-25-2005, 01:18 PM
Ohh yeah Ieva I love that avatar.

Parkbandit
02-25-2005, 01:55 PM

Yeah girls. Make sure that you fucking bundle up in a turtleneck and tacky sweats so that we don't give any man the satisfaction, because then all the commentary is all our fucking fault.

Can I say that I really want to stick a stilleto heel into PB's left eye right now? :D

Mmm.. what a way to go! If you have a nice big rack.. make sure you parade them!

CrystalTears
02-25-2005, 02:00 PM
:die:

Shari
02-25-2005, 02:24 PM
I hate to say it, CT, but that rack can really (and unfairly) allow us to rule the world.

Example: Scott walks into Auto Zone, he is looking for an fuel filter, oil filter, and oil for his car. He walks around for several minutes and scoops them up.

I walk into an Auto Zone wearing white tanktop with built-in shelf bra. (For all you clueless men, its a tanktop that looks like I'm not wearing a bra but really hefts those babies up nice and perky). Not only am I bombarded by all of the staff, asking me if I need help with anything, but they manage to flit around the entire store scooping up the list of items that I need for my car, ring them up, and bag them for me...all the while I lean against the counter and watch.

Most of the time, if Scott needs something done fast, I go with him. I walk into the shop first, get bombarded, request my items and then Scott follows in to pay for items. It's a good method to get stuff done fast.

:saint:

CrystalTears
02-25-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Jesae
I hate to say it, CT, but that rack can really (and unfairly) allow us to rule the world.

Woman, let me torture PB! I don't get many chances. ;)

And I do know the effect they have. There's only two women in customer support and we sit next to each other and get along great. I have the big chest and the attitude to go with it.

Hardware guy will come over to bullshit a few minutes away when he sees the other girl not on the phone. Thus the following conversation:

Mo: "Hey Jeanine isn't on the phone either!"
Me: "But I'm at lunch!"
Joe: "Yeah but she's allowed. Have you seen the size of her breasts?! She can slack off whenever she wants!"
Mo: "But I was talking about lunch."
Steve: "So was Joe." :D

ieva
02-25-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
Ohh yeah Ieva I love that avatar.

You like that sexah ass, don't you?

ieva
02-25-2005, 02:42 PM
The thing is - I was wearing a super baggy men's teeshirt. Looks like one of the sleezy tees you'll find on the back of some drunken frat boy. I like to sleep in them on cold nights *grins*. The tees - not the boys.

CrystalTears
02-25-2005, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by ieva
I like to sleep in them on cold nights *grins*. The tees - not the boys.

LIAR, LIAR, PANTS ON FIRE! ::devilsmile:

Latrinsorm
02-25-2005, 03:05 PM
Nobody ever tries to initiate conversation with me at a joint such as that. Let's see, what are the differences between me and CT or Ieva. Hmmmmmmmmm.

ieva
02-25-2005, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm
Nobody ever tries to initiate conversation with me at a joint such as that. Let's see, what are the differences between me and CT or Ieva. Hmmmmmmmmm.

Your breasts are not as perky and attractive as our breasts?

CrystalTears
02-25-2005, 03:17 PM
Betcha if they were, he'd get a LOT of attention. :sucker:

Keller
02-25-2005, 04:03 PM

Originally posted by Latrinsorm

Your breasts are not as perky and attractive as our breasts?

Prove it, please.

ieva
02-25-2005, 04:23 PM
Yes Latrinsorm, show us your breasts.

longshot
02-25-2005, 09:07 PM
I don't get it... you can't have it both ways.

Let's look at the bad side of having a nice rack--
You get unwanted attention at times.
Other girls hate you. (Yes, they do.)

Now, I don't even think I can begin to list all the positives...

So enjoy the fact that you can use needless bags of goo attached to your chest to trick a man into buying you a diamond and taking half of all his possessions that he has worked so hard for.

Back
02-25-2005, 09:16 PM
I have a “cafe rant”.

So I need a good barber. Not some $50 salon. So I look up barber in my zipcode. I get one hit. No web site so I call...

Me: Hey hows it going?
Barber: Hello. How can I help you?
Me: How late are you open?
Barber: I work on schedule.
Me: Ah. Ok.
Barber: Yes, I work on schedule. What time you want?
Me: Well, ok. How much is a mans haircut?
Barber: How ever much you want to give me.
Me thinking... A loaf of bread?
Barber: But I have a problem with my hand. I have therapy this week.
Me: Oh, ok.
Barber: This week is not good. Where do you live?
Me: Right up the street. I don’t get out of work until 6:30.
Barber: Right up the street. Well... not until next week, my hand.
Me: Right. Sounds bad.
Barber: But maybe I can schedule you.
Me: Ok
Barber: Whats your name?
Me: Well, let me check my schedule.
Barber: Whats your name?
Me: Well, look, let me call you back.
Barber: Ok
Me: Great, call you back.

WTF? A BARBER WITH A FUCKED UP HAND WHO WORKS FOR FOOD???

Keller
02-25-2005, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by longshot

So enjoy the fact that you can use needless bags of goo attached to your chest to trick a man into buying you a diamond and taking half of all his possessions that he has worked so hard for.

So true.

Tsa`ah
02-26-2005, 12:08 AM
The thing is - I was wearing a super baggy men's teeshirt. Looks like one of the sleezy tees you'll find on the back of some drunken frat boy. I like to sleep in them on cold nights *grins*. The tees - not the boys.

Like that really matters.

Unless the bra was heavily padded ... a man will know.

ieva
02-26-2005, 01:04 AM
All men, please refer to my avatar.

Shari
02-26-2005, 01:08 AM
Backlash, run, run far.

Never look back.

<has visuals of said-barber having a hand spasam and putting scissors through eyeball or temple>

02-26-2005, 01:15 AM
I don't think many of the men here would actually mind kissing that ass in your avatar

peam
02-26-2005, 01:17 AM
Crusty old babers are the only people allowed to touch my hair.

Tsa`ah
02-26-2005, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by RangerD1
I don't think many of the men here would actually mind kissing that ass in your avatar

Pretty much viewed as an invitation.

peam
02-26-2005, 01:31 AM
Henceforth, I shall be known as my given name... Anal Angus.

Jazuela
02-26-2005, 09:24 AM
Ugh we have a guy like this...he doesn't just "talk up" the customer while he's serving them. He interrupts business to do it.

Yesterday we had a mad lunch rush - doubled our expected revenue for each of the two hours. At times like that, I keep my chitchat to an absolute minimum - if I see a regular I'll wave at him when he walks in, give him a big smile so he knows I'm glad he's there, and take his order without much ceremony.

So what does this co-worker do? While there are 2 families and 5 "people on their lunch break" behind the regular?

"Hey Vinnie, how ya doin man? Did you catch (some crappy tv show) last night? It was awesome! Whatcha think about (some scene in the crappy tv show)?"

and of course Vinnie who is always friendly and cheerful begins to answer him. But he doesn't look at him when he's talking, so everyone knows he's just trying to be polite.

This dork next to me isn't getting the hint and keeps going on and on, and Vinnie still hasn't given me his order yet and the line is getting longer and the five "people on their lunch break" are gonna be late back to work soon.

I had to actually interrupt their conversation and ask the dork if he wouldn't mind waiting until AFTER Vinnie gave me his order and his money before talking with him. I hate doing that, it makes me look like a tyrant to the Dork and makes everyone else think I can deal with shit better than the manager can (even though the manager was a little too busy handling the drive-through fiasco to notice what's going on at the counter).

I keep the chatting reserved for people who I know enjoy it, and then -only- outside of the lunch crush. It's just stupid to talk up a customer if you haven't learned their pattern of dealing with you yet, especially when you're trying to take in a thousand bucks worth of orders on a single cash register in a single hour.

DeV
02-26-2005, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by longshot
I don't get it... you can't have it both ways.
Oh... but some of us do. :( The rest of the post is 100% true.

Nice rack... immediate advantage whether we like it or not. No two ways around it.

ieva
02-26-2005, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by peam
Henceforth, I shall be known as my given name... Anal Angus.

Very well, Anal Angus.

Back
02-26-2005, 10:45 AM
Ieva’s icon is frustrating. The type is hard to read and it obscures the fine come-hither shot. It needs work. I mean like there is plenty of room for the message, it could be clearer and not block the fun part. Amature at best, clueless altogether. Great idea, poorly executed.

Artha
02-26-2005, 12:41 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought the text should be a different color.

DeV
02-26-2005, 12:44 PM
It's definitely blocking the fun part of the picture.

SpunGirl
02-26-2005, 12:47 PM
Ew, I agree. I hate service employees that want to be more nosy or chatty than is really necessary. I worked at an ice cream shop for a year in college, and I would never presume to remark that someone was really hungry, or hungover, or whatever. If THEY make conversation and you want to go along, that's another thing.

Of course, I also hated being on the other side of it, when some customer wanted to inquire about my life, or talk about the uniform visor, or some stupid crap like that.

Also, Jazuela = pwnd and CT r00lz.

-K

ieva
02-26-2005, 12:51 PM
Who's Jazuela?

longshot
02-26-2005, 01:15 PM
Jazuela used to suck dick for hard drugs.

Now she works at a fast food restaurant.

Everything else sort of takes care of itself...

MrFeature
02-26-2005, 01:38 PM

I bet you believe in honor killings too.

ieva
02-26-2005, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Backlash
Ieva’s icon is frustrating. The type is hard to read and it obscures the fine come-hither shot. It needs work. I mean like there is plenty of room for the message, it could be clearer and not block the fun part. Amature at best, clueless altogether. Great idea, poorly executed.

:sniffle::sniffle::sniffle: Sowwie. I try better next time. :(:(:(

ieva
02-26-2005, 06:51 PM
The quiches ended up being teh suxxor - BTW.

DCSL
02-26-2005, 07:21 PM
Ugh. I sympathize. I'm so anti-social when I first wake up that I might as well be an ogre. A miniature, five-foot ogre... So OF COURSE the first person I see on any given morning has to be perky and flirty. The fucktard males at my local bakery are the worst. I just want to punch them. Let me walk off with my bagel without trying to unzip my pants with your teeth, thanks.

One of the worst parts (to my mind) is the fact that I always think I look like crap when I go to the bakery. I don't care, because I go out anyway, but I'm still aware of the fact. Dissheveled hair, enormous baseball t-shirts, and fluffy baby penguin PJ pants do not a hottie make. The way they hit on me anyway indicates a lack of standard that is insulting.

Guys are not allowed to hit on me unless I feel at my best. Or some other equally silly ultimatum. It's just annoying.

02-27-2005, 01:19 AM
I'm gonna have to disagree. I dunno why girls think they have to spend 2 hours of prep to look good. I'd much rather see a girl look good in sweat pants then full evening attire because even the ugliest people look decent when you put time and effort into it.

Back
02-27-2005, 01:55 AM

Post the original and I will do it up right. Just for you.

ieva
02-27-2005, 07:30 AM

Post the original and I will do it up right. Just for you.

I think I fixed it!

Nieninque
02-27-2005, 07:50 AM
Amusing thread...

Best part is Longshot came back !!!!!11111111

w00t!