PDA

View Full Version : Yet more evidence that PETA sucks

GSTamral
02-24-2005, 05:51 PM
<<<<
From PETA's website
"The Beastie Boys have always had a lot to say about everything from partying and girls to politics, social causes, and the city that they love (NYC, of course). You name it, they’ve covered it without bowing to censorship, so it should come as no surprise that they have decided to speak out against KFC to defend the rights of chickens.

MCA, Adrock, and Mike D fired off a letter to KFC head honcho David Novak, asking him to follow PETA’s recommendations and eliminate the worst abuses that chickens raised and killed for KFC endure, including painful debeaking, life-long crippling, and live scalding."

http://www.peta2.com/ot/o-BeastieBoys05.asp

The Beastie Boys claim it's all a lie by PETA....
In response to PETA's recent campaign, Adam Yauch wrote the following letter...

"Wow, Shit gets hectic quick. Sign a petition in an airport and next thing you know you’re a poster-boy. This shit needs some straightening out.

For the record, we did not draft this letter. Basically it went down like this; a lady was walking around an airport in Australia asking people to sign something. When she approached me I thought (and I assume that Adam and Mike did as well) that it was a petition that she was getting as many signatures on as she could. So I signed it thinking that I might be able to help out with stopping some unnecessary suffering of some birds. But I thought that my name would appear in conjunction with thousands of others.

By the look of the letter that PETA sent out, they must have scanned our signatures, photo shopped them neatly in order and then added our names typed in, so that it would look like we drafted and sent the letter ourselves.

And from all the news hits they got on this, they must have sent it out to every news outlet they could get a hold of.
http://www.beastieboys.com/news.php
>>>>

Keller
02-24-2005, 06:23 PM
PETA getting even for "Egg-man"

Back
02-24-2005, 06:55 PM
I admire the guerilla tactics, but I also like the Beasties who’ve done enough on their own. I also like KFC, but wish they would get on-board the trend like Land’O’Lakes.

So I won’t donate to PETA, buy more Beastie music, not so much KFC, and keep on buying Land’O’Lakes cage-free eggs.

DeV
02-24-2005, 07:07 PM
I’m sure PETA is well intentioned, but seriously, what the fuck? Pull your shit together. If we want to draft an open letter to someone and send it out to the media we’ll do it ourselves.
Hello.

GSTamral
02-24-2005, 08:15 PM
http://www.consumerfreedom.com/downloads/reference/audio/010501_bruce_friedrich.wav

PETA officials advocating blowing up banks, blowing other stuff up, throwing bricks through windows, and other means of terrorism to make us all liberal squirrel huggers.

Artha
02-24-2005, 08:19 PM
Like we needed more.

Back
02-24-2005, 08:26 PM
Why do people hate PETA?

GSTamral
02-24-2005, 08:27 PM
Because they are extremists. Because they advocate blowing people/structures up who they don't like. For the very same reason that I hate Osama Bin Laden, I hate PETA.

Killer Kitten
02-24-2005, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Backlash
Why do people hate PETA?

Mostly because they're incapable of seeing the world in anything but black and white. You're either with them or against them, there is no in between for people like them.

They have an idea and run with it without a shred of evidence that their idea would actually improve the lives they say they are trying to improve.

Basically talking to a PETA member is like talking to a religious nut. Their eyes are glazed, foam flies from their lips and all of their arguments are circular, with no basis in fact to hold them up.

I think making animal lives better is a matter of education, while PETA chooses instead to intimidate. That makes them nothing but terrorists and ultimately hurts the cause of animal welfare much more than it helps.

peam
02-24-2005, 08:57 PM
I'm pro-terrorist.

Artha
02-24-2005, 08:58 PM
That's cool, I'm pro-pollution.

Back
02-24-2005, 09:02 PM
So, civil unrest is now labeled “terrorism”, is that it? Nothing in that .wav file said anything about blowing people up.

Animals do have rights. Tell me you wont get arrested for throwing a closed sack full of kittens in a river. Those rights are waved when it comes to major corporations. I think thats where they are coming from.

Artha
02-24-2005, 09:05 PM
Throwing red paint on people wearing fur and/or leather jackets is not the solution.

Back
02-24-2005, 09:07 PM
Do most people just disagree with tactic, or principal?

Hulkein
02-24-2005, 09:08 PM
I disagree with most of their tactics, and I'm sure a few of their principles if I read all of what they stood for.

GSTamral
02-24-2005, 09:09 PM
<<
Throwing red paint on people wearing fur and/or leather jackets is not the solution.
>>

My thoughts exactly. Civil unrest is staging a sit in. Blowing stuff up is not civil unrest. Throwing bricks through windows is not civil unrest.

Artha
02-24-2005, 09:10 PM
Do most people just disagree with tactic, or principal?
I disagree with the degrees of their principals.

GSTamral
02-24-2005, 09:18 PM
I agree with many of their principals, and I disagree with others. I disagree vehemently with all of their tactics.

Latrinsorm
02-24-2005, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Killer Kitten
Basically talking to a PETA member is like talking to a religious nut. Their eyes are glazed, foam flies from their lips and all of their arguments are circular, with no basis in fact to hold them up. I'm only a nut if I'm wrong. :)

Lavastene
02-25-2005, 10:40 AM
I disagree with their tactics and many of their principles.

One a side note, they were staging a protest at a KFC here and a friend of mine showed up and bought a bucket full of chicken and stood out there eating it in the middle of their protest. It was quite comical.

- Matt

GSTamral
02-25-2005, 11:02 AM
Since they advocate blowing shit up and hurting people and throwing bricks into houses and such to stand up for what they believe in, would it be safe to assume they also think its ok for anti-PETA groups to blow up their office if they feel strongly enough for the cause?

Most of PETA's realm of influence is in the under 25 crowd. More noted, it has a stronger presence amongst those in high school who are easily impressed upon. A simple visit to their site will illustrate not only how stupid these people are, but how brainwashed they are as well. We're talking here about people who can't spell, use correct grammar, and can't get their point across without using violence.

GSTamral
02-25-2005, 11:04 AM
That's a good idea lavastene. People in the Virginia area should stage a burger king eat in outside their office to protest them. Just stand on the sidewalk outside their office and eat burgers, hot dogs, pork rolls, and rabbit stew. No violence, just sit there and eat.

Parkbandit
02-25-2005, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Lavastene
I disagree with their tactics and many of their principles.

One a side note, they were staging a protest at a KFC here and a friend of mine showed up and bought a bucket full of chicken and stood out there eating it in the middle of their protest. It was quite comical.

- Matt

LOL.. that so sounds like something I would do with a group of friends.

"Damn, this chicken is SO DAMN TENDER!"

xtc
02-25-2005, 12:29 PM
I think PETA plays a vital role in our society, like Greenpeace they have exposed injustices in our society that we otherwise would not have known about. As such, I personally would give them some latitude with their actions. However this doesn't include throwing bricks through bank windows, as nothing positive comes from this.

To educate is one thing, to terrorize is another. If they want to stage sit-ins and protests at KFC that is fine with me. If they want to organize petitions and try to sign up new recruits in public fine. I would even go so far as to turn a blind eye to some trespassing if it was to expose cruel conditions/tests/experiments on animals. But that is it.

Parkbandit
02-25-2005, 12:43 PM
PETA feels that their cause is so just.. that they are above the law.

They are terrorists.. nothing more.

Keller
02-25-2005, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by GSTamral
I agree with many of their principals, and I disagree with others. I disagree vehemently with all of their tactics.

In the spring of 2000 they launched their "Got Beer?" campaign at college campuses around the nation. They advocated substituting beer for milk in the daily diet of every college student.

Nothing's wrong with that principle, or tactic.