PDA

View Full Version : unlocking cell phones?

Gan
03-01-2005, 05:09 PM
Does anyone know about 'unlocking' cell phones so they can be used with different services?

I have a sprint PCS plan which I'm completely satisfied with yet the selection of phones they have to offer their customers SUCK.

I'd like to purchase an 'unlocked' Motorla Razor or equivalent, which is not offered through Sprint, and have my existing number/service ported over to it.

Anyone know how this process works and if Sprint will tell me to sod off if I bring in a non-sprint phone to hook up?

Thanks.

-G.

Divinity
03-01-2005, 06:05 PM
Just go to one of the Sprint cellphone stores and they will do the rest. They did it with mine, something with sychronizing the chip in the back of the phone.

DeV
03-01-2005, 06:09 PM
I've been through my share of hell when it comes to purchasing an "unlocked" phone just to find out that I couldn't use it through the carrier I wanted all along. I would highly recommend you call the customer service line to make certain that you can use whatever phone you plan on purchsing through their company. It will save you time and energy in the long run.

Skeeter
03-01-2005, 08:22 PM
Just ask Paris

Artha
03-01-2005, 08:25 PM
She only knows about T-Mobiles.