PDA

View Full Version : Need actors for my first WoW movie

Adhara
05-25-2005, 04:35 PM
After seeing so many WoW videos, I started looking into how they're made and decide to try one of my own.

There's a particular scene I need to shoot where I would like as many actors as possible for the best effect. The catch: all characters have to be *identical* to my template. What I need from willing volunteers is this:

1) Create a character according to my template and

2) Tell me when you would be available to shoot the scene. I'll decide on a time and date that allows me to have the highest number of participants once I have enough replies.

** Details of the template **

Server: Argent Dawn
Race: Human
Sex: Female
Class: Mage
Name: (no restriction)

Skin color: If the palest is considered #1, the color we need is #5. So find the palest skin and click 4 times on the right arrow.

Face: As depicted in the picture. Make sure you have set the skin color first because you may not recognize the face with a different skin tone.

Hair Style: As depicted. Long, low ponytail.

Hair Color: Dark purple, 1 click to the right of pitch black.

Piercings: 1 earring in each ear, near the top. It's one click right of the traditional lobe earrings.

The job:
Once everyone is gathered in Stormwind, a mage will create a portal to bring you all to Darnassus. The job consists of lining you up in different configurations. If I have a lot of people, I'd like military style ranks, if I don't have enough I'll go for a single straight line. If I get someone with a piccolo, we'll make you dance in sync, if not, I can do without. Once you're all lined up, all I need is a 10 second camera sweep. Overall I expect this to take 1h from start to finish.

Wezas
05-25-2005, 04:55 PM
I assume the base staff that you're created with will suffice?

Sean of the Thread
05-25-2005, 05:11 PM
I want to be a black dwarven pr0n star.. can you make it so?

Adhara
05-25-2005, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Wezas
I assume the base staff that you're created with will suffice?

Yep yep. The staff will be put away actually. I just want everyone to be wearing the same clothes and I don't have the budget for anything else at this point.

Hips
05-25-2005, 07:27 PM
I can do it pretty much whenever you want, as long as it's after 8 PM EST.

And I can bring my piccolo. :D

Odups
05-25-2005, 07:55 PM
Damn the piccolo! I'm holding my star character out of this if the piccolo is involved...

/blackmail

Izalude
05-31-2005, 11:03 AM
I'm in.

Come on all you dunemaul and Khadgar nuts... Here's your chance to be famous!

Prosperanna
06-04-2005, 05:01 PM
Count me in. :) I can come on during the evenings, after 7 or 8pm est.

Numbers
06-04-2005, 07:33 PM
I'll help. Character's made and everything. Just lemme know when a good time is.

Adhara
06-14-2005, 06:21 AM
Completed the 30 second prologue last night. There's another minute or so that will be added to that in the next couple days. I learned to use the software while working on this project so it was slow but I will be working much faster from now on. I already have a second movie in planning and that one will be much longer.

Here's a preview:

http://www.emptycauldron.com/bsg/bsg.htm

(click on the "wow style" button)

Drew2
06-14-2005, 06:31 AM
Haha, that's actually pretty freaking neat.

Nieninque
06-14-2005, 06:35 AM
Nice.
What software are you using to make the film?

Wezas
06-14-2005, 08:30 AM
Jesus the human women have some huge boobs.

Adhara
06-14-2005, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Nieninque
Nice.
What software are you using to make the film?

http://www.fraps.com to capture the footage and Windows Movie Maker to create the movie. It comes with Windows XP I believe. I'll be needing to look into compressing the movies into mpeg too because the windows media format makes for a large file size but I haven't even looked into that yet.

Trinitis
06-14-2005, 04:32 PM
just convert them to DivX :)

Adhara
06-15-2005, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Adredrin
just convert them to DivX :)

How? I've completed the movie. It's 8.5Mb for 1min 50 seconds. I'd love to see that reduced if there's a way I can achieve it without purchasing software.

Trinitis
06-15-2005, 08:04 PM
http://www.aoamedia.com/Convert-AVI-MPEG-WMV-DAT-to-Divx.htm

Trinitis
06-15-2005, 08:12 PM
Also, I was thinking. If we could get a bunch of people on AD (both Horde and Alliance) to SV, I was wondering if it could be fun to have a video made of a huge drag out fight.

Say 50 or 60 people total, free for all. Last person standing wins? Start the video with the grounds clear, then every charge in! It could be fun. Heh.

Izalude
06-16-2005, 09:58 AM
The only problem with that, Adredrin, is that recording eats up ALOT of system resources... So the person filming would have to not participate in the fight, and the video would turn out really choppy.

Adhara
06-16-2005, 05:55 PM
http://www.emptycauldron.com/bsg/bsg.htm

The link for the finished product. My next project is much more ambitious and if you would like a role in it, I'll be holding auditions. No seriously, I can use all the help I get and chances are, I'll be having multiple jobs for any who's interested in participating.

Trinitis
06-16-2005, 11:13 PM
Sure, I'm willing. Just let me know what you need sweets :)