PDA

View Full Version : Downgrading from premium

Enceladus
02-23-2005, 01:19 PM
I have a question for someone that has downgraded from premium to basic. If I have stuff in my lockers in other towns, do I need to clear them out before downgrading? Or will it leave the stuff in the lockers, but remain inaccessible?

StrayRogue
02-23-2005, 01:21 PM
It will leave the stuff in, but as soon as you take them out you won't be able to put them back in until you get below your normal locker space allowance.

Enceladus
02-23-2005, 01:23 PM
Does that go for the lockers in other towns too? Like if my main locker is in Wehnimer's, will I be able to access anything in the Icemule one after downgrading?

StrayRogue
02-23-2005, 01:23 PM
I believe so yes. If you are unsure, Assist and ask a host for the exact answer.

Kitsun
02-23-2005, 01:24 PM
From what I heard, all the items from all lockers get dumped into whatever locker area was originally designated your primary locker.

Then what Stay said happens. It is one intensely overstuffed locker of doom that needs to be cleaned out.

Jonty
02-23-2005, 01:25 PM
I'm pretty sure that as soon as you enter your locker, you won;'t be able to level until you remove enough items to get to the lower maximum.

Enceladus
02-23-2005, 01:26 PM
Okay, thanks to you both for answering my question so quickly.

Lomoriond
02-23-2005, 01:27 PM
Well it's tricky like this:

If your character was prime, ALL your locker contents will appear in whatever town your locker was in before you became premie

If your character was created while premium, all your locker contents should appear in the town you first try to access it in.

If you open your locker and it contains more than your item limit (50 items for house members, 20 for non-house members) you will be unable to close it until you empty contents sufficiently to be under your max.

You obviously cannot LEAVE your locker without closing it, so you're basically stuck in there til you empty it.

The way around this is just to log out (and appear outside) but you WILL get busted for mechanics abuse if you do this for too long (they seem to be lenient and give you fair time to empty it, but if you just keep doing it for months on end, they will get angry)

This, of course, being that they haven't changed it within the last year (which they may have)

Hope that helps

Miss X
02-23-2005, 01:28 PM
I think what happens is, when the downgrading kicks in, everything moves to the last locker you used. Next time you use the locker you have to take all the items over the number limit out.

I could be wrong though, never done it myself but I'm sure I remember it working that way.

Enceladus
02-23-2005, 01:30 PM
Sounds to me like I should do what I can to empty my lockers while I still won't have much trouble doing it.

Miss X
02-23-2005, 01:30 PM
Ah, Lomoriond is probably right, he seems to have all the info! ;)

hectomaner
02-23-2005, 01:54 PM
yeah, well then you run into this problem, you have 4-5 lockers completely full of items, you cant carry enough to drop the locker to the item amount, so you are forced to logout and log back in to do something with the stuff. i ran into that problem when i dropped my account from premie

Lomoriond
02-23-2005, 02:39 PM
Yeah... thats why they are lenient... short of dropping half your gear on the ground there is no possible way to get 10 lockers worth of stuff out of your locker in one go, so logging out isn't a huge problem the first couple of times, as long as you are making an effort to reduce the number of items.

Just don't make it a habit of logging out to avoid the problem.

Of course this is also assuming you don't run into a GM nazi who bans your ass on the first offense..

Dumdeedum

[Edited on 2-23-2005 by Lomoriond]