PDA

View Full Version : SKILL MIGRATION

theotherjohn
02-23-2005, 11:31 AM
A long existing bug that allows the average player to max all of their skills has recently received an alarming increase in player attention over recent days. A number of good-natured people brought forward details of this some time ago, for which we are grateful.

It's inevitable that problems creep into game systems, and it's inevitable that paths of easy advancement will beckon. We sincerely hope that those of you who are considering exploiting this bug will seriously consider the ramifications it will have on the GemStone community.

We consider the exploitation of bugs to be a very serious offense. We will exercise zero tolerance for anyone participating in the exploitation of this bug and consider such activity grounds for immediate lock-out from GemStone IV.

If you are found to have abused the bug, and have received a warning for doing so, further abuse of the bug will lead to immediate suspension of your accounts.

Tromp
02-23-2005, 12:11 PM
damn i didn't see any bug!

Mistomeer
02-23-2005, 03:16 PM
They never have fixed that, have they?

Bobmuhthol
02-23-2005, 03:19 PM
They can't fix it. They can only ban everyone who does it.

Rhezcal
03-26-2005, 07:10 PM
Any idea what this bug is? I have to admit that curiosity has gotten the better of me.

Xcalibur
03-26-2005, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
They can't fix it. They can only ban everyone who does it.

AHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA They should put an echo warning when you're exploiting it.

Artha
03-26-2005, 08:59 PM
Basically, you use fixskills so you have 0 skills trained. Then you train some up. Then you use the migrator and drop them. Then you train others up. Then you use the migrator and drop them. Repeat until maxxed.

There's another one that lets you migrate down really fast, but it's pretty obvious when you're exploiting it.

Rhezcal
03-27-2005, 01:22 AM
Maybe I'm a little slow on the uptake, but I don't see how setting all of your skills to 0, then training/migrating to nothing, could net a lot more TP's.

Sean of the Thread
03-27-2005, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Rhezcal
Maybe I'm a little slow on the uptake, but I don't see how setting all of your skills to 0, then training/migrating to nothing, could net a lot more TP's.

Let us keep it that way. Everyone does not need to know how this exploit works.

This reason this is running rampant right NOW is because everyone is getting their fixskills and they can whipe the evidence and go back to normal in a month.

Jonty
03-27-2005, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by Rhezcal

Your answer is somewhere in this thread:

http://forum.gsplayers.com/viewthread.php?tid=8564

Artha
03-27-2005, 08:09 AM
This reason this is running rampant right NOW is because everyone is getting their fixskills and they can whipe the evidence and go back to normal in a month.
When you log on now, your used TPs are checked against your possible TPs, and if your used TPs are bigger then your name gets added to some sort of 'possible exploiters' list and you get sent somewhere to fixskills. So this is not running rampant right NOW because it gets caught 100% of the time.

Sean of the Thread
03-27-2005, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Artha

When you log on now, your used TPs are checked against your possible TPs, and if your used TPs are bigger then your name gets added to some sort of 'possible exploiters' list and you get sent somewhere to fixskills. So this is not running rampant right NOW because it gets caught 100% of the time.

I apologize, It was running rampant 3 months ago.