PDA

View Full Version : Best to start.

Omens
05-25-2005, 01:06 PM
What would be the best Race/prof/server and whatever to start out on ?

And Do you think Simu's HJ would be worth the wait or forget about it and play WoW.

05-25-2005, 01:08 PM
It all depends on preference.

Personally, I don't see how a small company like Simutronics can compete with a titan like Blizzard. They are outshadowed in every possible area. If they do it, fucking awesome. If they don't? I won't be surprised in the least.

- Arkans

Czeska
05-25-2005, 01:10 PM
Depends how long you're willing to wait, too. Why not try WoW since HJ is still at least several months away, from what I hear?

Sean of the Thread
05-25-2005, 01:10 PM
Forget SIMU and try WoW. I would go with a pvp server and probally one where you know peeps. Woody plays on a couple and he did have play alot on Arthas as did I. Prof/class/side is up to you.. everyone has their opinions but I suggest trying a few out yourself. What playstyle do you see your self in?

My main was a Dwarf Priest which rocked..Rogues are fun but increasingly more worthless at the higher end. All the classes have a central role their own strength and weakness. If I was to do it again I would go Undead Priest.

CrystalTears
05-25-2005, 01:17 PM
Wait for HJ?! Have any idea when it's going to be released? Wasn't it projected for sometime in 2006? Seems like an awful long time to wait for a game that no one knows anything about other than it looks pretty. Lots of games look pretty, doesn't mean they are fun to play.

Actually I would say start on a PvE/normal server, that way you have a little taste of both RP and PvP. The race doesn't matter in the long run. And I think starting with a strong class, like rogue, warrior, paladin or rogue :D would be a nice starting point.

Omens
05-25-2005, 01:25 PM
Anyone have any fun with the magic classes ?

I didnt know Hj was that far off. been a while since I went to look at the site. I guess I wont be waiting if it's not till 2006.

05-25-2005, 01:26 PM
Shamans use magic and I like it. I like how the Shaman is a little bit of everything. It's the perfect party platter class.

- Arkans

SnatchWrangler
05-25-2005, 01:36 PM
I'd take my chances with Blizzard's track record vs. Simu's any day.

Screw starting on a PvE server first, you're just wasting your time. You can make mistakes in WoW with little to no consequences early on. You won't face any real PvP until you're into your late level 20s, which is really when whatever class you choose truly starts to develop anyways.

Also, if you're looking to go the magic route, try a mage or priest. They seem to be the most "needed" end game. And mages can be damn powerful in both killing other players and creatures.

Also, roll Horde unless you want to play the game on easy mode.

05-25-2005, 01:38 PM
Nothing like being horribly out numbered!

I will admit though that Alliance grounds look nice and have a better feel to them.

- Arkans

Parkbandit
05-25-2005, 01:43 PM
Omens:

You can bring your sandwich toting self to the PvP Dunemaul server and look me up. I either play Bayne or Stabbed and we can get you into the guild and get you started. The game is MUCH more fun with people you are familiar with. Guild chat is like PSInet.. only without the retardation.

05-25-2005, 01:44 PM
only without the retardation.

I'll obviously need to start doing my job better.

- Arkans

SnatchWrangler
05-25-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Arkans
Nothing like being horribly out numbered!

I will admit though that Alliance grounds look nice and have a better feel to them.

- Arkans

C'mon...what kinda man are you if you're the type to always join the winning team while the battle is in progress?

Besides, it makes you all the better player later on.

Just watch...the Horde is going to fucking destroy the Alliance in Battlegrounds. All you hear on the official forums is the Alliance side bragging about all the Epics they've found in MC and all these great "server firsts!"

I don't think I've ever been on the losing end of a battle with Alliance when the numbers were even.

Just last night, myself and Oafalot, a lvl 60 druid (Who I've deemed Ninjalot, since he's rolled on some barely borderline druid items that should be rogue gear twice now...but he's overall a nice guy...); Anyways, we took out 3 Alliance rogues 57-60, and a level 56 Paladin at the same time behind the Org Zepplin tower. He rooted one, healed me, and spammed moonfire while I WTFPWND! the pally first so they couldn't heal, then took out the rogues in order of who had the least amount health left first.

By constantly being outnumbered, you get used to fighting and dealing with multiple targets. The Alliance has is easy, cuz they know if they run in the same direction for 10 seconds, they're probably run into an ally. People say Yoroole or Nuke are the best Alliance hunters on the server...I find that laughable as I think I'm 3-0 vs Nuke and better than .500 vs Yoroole, and he's usually with a partner or three.

More Alliance = more targets. I wouldn't have it any other way.

05-25-2005, 01:57 PM
I agree 100%. I seem to always be fighting Alliance that are higher level and out number me, but chances are, when we fight, I'm coming out on top. It's always fun playing the underdog, expecially on a PvP server!

- Arkans

theotherjohn
05-25-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Omens
What would be the best Race/prof/server and whatever to start out on ?

And Do you think Simu's HJ would be worth the wait or forget about it and play WoW.

Undead for any profession

Dunemaul either to kill all your friends from the PC or join their guild

concering profession make all 5 and which one you spend the most time playing I guess thats you.

I like warlock let me change that I love warlock

05-25-2005, 02:00 PM
I'd be interesting to have some PC people join Dunemaul on the Alliance side and start their own guild that fought against the Barren Fury.

- Arkans

Omens
05-25-2005, 02:01 PM
I was lookin at the spells the warlock has and the mage has. Looks like the mage is more Battle and the warlock is more backup, off to the side, cast a spell and wait while everyone else is fighting. Goin to check the cleric spells. But I think I'm gona start with a mage. Looks cool. But I bet there's like 3 billion mages just cause of that fact eh ?

05-25-2005, 02:05 PM
There are a lot of every class. Honestly though, the classes I see the least of (no particular order) are:

warrior
hunter
warlock

- Arkans

SnatchWrangler
05-25-2005, 02:05 PM
I was lookin at the spells the warlock has and the mage has. Looks like the mage is more Battle and the warlock is more backup, off to the side, cast a spell and wait while everyone else is fighting. Goin to check the cleric spells. But I think I'm gona start with a mage. Looks cool. But I bet there's like 3 billion mages just cause of that fact eh ?

Nope, like I said, end game, mages are probably only 2nd to priests in who are needed to fill up the different instance groups. (Instances are like gateways into dungeons that only you and your group can enter.)

I have MUCH more trouble with mages than warlocks when it comes to PvP. Also, mages can really dish out some mass destruction, while warlocks are more DoT oriented (DoT = Damage over time) with a lot tricks up their sleeves.

Go for it, undead mage on Dunemaul. We'll help you get setup.

theotherjohn
05-25-2005, 02:06 PM
Looks like the mage is more Battle and the warlock is more backup, off to the side, cast a spell and wait while everyone else is fighting.

A typical battle for me.

Tell demon to attack
cast curse, curse, immolation, shadowbolt creature or character dies

Omens
05-25-2005, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit
Omens:

You can bring your sandwich toting self to the PvP Dunemaul server and look me up. I either play Bayne or Stabbed and we can get you into the guild and get you started. The game is MUCH more fun with people you are familiar with. Guild chat is like PSInet.. only without the retardation.

Heh. Can I be Samm Wichtoater ?

[Edited on 5-25-2005 by Omens]

SnatchWrangler
05-25-2005, 02:08 PM
There are a lot of every class. Honestly though, the classes I see the least of (no particular order) are:

warrior
hunter
warlock

- Arkans

You're WAY off. Rogues, warriors, and hunters are the 3 most popular classes in Dunemaul. Priests are by far in shortest supply.

Also, I don't want to see PC'ers join the Alliance side of Dunemaul to fight us. Join us so we can grow and become stronger. Besides, Rone already tried to get people to join his cause, who wants to be a part of the zergling that are the Alliance?

Iqxero
05-25-2005, 02:09 PM
Anyone have any fun with the magic classes ?

I didnt know Hj was that far off. been a while since I went to look at the site. I guess I wont be waiting if it's not till 2006.

It's amazing how much you actually need to try things to figure out what you liked. I started with a warlock, made 28 painfull grueling-I-want-to-stab-myself-in-the-face levels, switched to a hunter, had an absolute blast for fourty levels in half the time it took me to make the 28 on my warlock, and then started playing a mage, and I can't even remember how to spell my hunters name.

Also, I would rather have a large black man force me to do his taxes than play a rogue. Ever again. I mean it. Period.

You just have to figure out what's the best class for you and have fun.

{edited for a rogue R. It has been neutralized.}

[Edited on 5-25-2005 by Iqxero]

Hunters are popular? Yeesh, what game have I been playing?

- Arkans

theotherjohn
Originally posted by SnatchWrangler

Besides, Rone already tried to get people to join his cause, who wants to be a part of the zergling that are the Alliance?

Thanks for the name of my paly

I am Zergling

SnatchWrangler
05-25-2005, 02:11 PM

- Arkans

It might be more on the Alliance side. I some of those guilds specifically say they're not accepting rogues or hunters at this time. I see countless Night Elf and Dwarf hunters everyday.

05-25-2005, 02:12 PM
I see ton of Dwarf Hunters in Ashenvale, that's for sure. Not as many on the Horde side. I have seen the occasional troll/orc hunter though. Rogues are everywhere though.

- Arkans

CrystalTears
05-25-2005, 02:12 PM
I'd be interesting to have some PC people join Dunemaul on the Alliance side and start their own guild that fought against the Barren Fury.

- Arkans

It's almost tempting. :D

theotherjohn
05-25-2005, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears

not tempting enough to delete my horde characters or buy another version of WoW

Omens
05-25-2005, 02:19 PM
I couldnt join the winning side and feel good about myself. If I joined and had some role in it's downfall. Like be a plant for the losing team. That'd be cool. I like deception. But if I was to join a winning side, and that never changed, not much reason in joining is there ?

Yay Look at me I'm Samm Wichtoater ! I'm a winner cause they were winners before I even showed Up !

Yeah that sucks readin it back to myself. Couldnt do it.

Hulkein
05-25-2005, 02:20 PM
Please make your guys name LargeSandwich.

Omens
05-25-2005, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Hulkein
Please make your guys name LargeSandwich.

Only if I can carry one around in game and smack people with it !

Omens
05-25-2005, 02:24 PM
Heh, I'm gona brain storm Sammich names for a while. See what I can come up with.

CrystalTears
05-25-2005, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by theotherjohn

Originally posted by CrystalTears

not tempting enough to delete my horde characters or buy another version of WoW

That's why I said almost. ;)

Omens
05-25-2005, 02:28 PM
Tuna OnRye, French Loaf, no thats no good... I'll work on it.
Heh, Bigass Sammich. Kinda like that one.

Feel free to help out.

05-25-2005, 03:03 PM
Tuna OnRye, French Loaf, no thats no good... I'll work on it.
Heh, Bigass Sammich. Kinda like that one.

Feel free to help out.

Your name can only be one word, so you are obviously going to be named Hoagie.

Omens
05-25-2005, 03:13 PM
weak... So I got ...
Largesammich,
Hoagie,
Pulledpork,
Clubsammich,
Bigasammich,
Thunderloaf,
... so far I guess.

SnatchWrangler
05-25-2005, 03:25 PM
If you've ever watch Aqua Teen Hunger Force, and you plan on going the Undead Mage route...

I don't see any other possible name for you character than Broodwich.

Guerrin
05-26-2005, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by SnatchWrangler

- Arkans

It might be more on the Alliance side. I some of those guilds specifically say they're not accepting rogues or hunters at this time. I see countless Night Elf and Dwarf hunters everyday.

You forgot to add, the most common names are:
Legolazz
ligolizz
Legilozz

Want to be loved and adored by all? Play an Undead priest, shadows spec it. Good pvp and pve.

mages/warrior/warlocks also rock.

Horde side, pvp server, most common classes are probably: Rogue, shaman & hunter.

Hulkein
05-26-2005, 01:50 PM
Haha, I like Thunderloaf.

That or Hoagie are pretty good.