PDA

View Full Version : pickup etiquette?

Chyrain
02-20-2005, 05:03 AM
so i sold some silver to someone who posts here. I've been unable to get a response as to when they're available for pickup, even though the 150 bucks has most definitely been transfered over and is sitting in my bank account. I've emailed, u2u, given my aim etc. no response.

I'm cancelling my account by the 27th, is it justified to say "screw it" if the person doesn't contact me with a time to drop off the silvers?

I dunno what else to do.... I don't even know which character bought it.

Skeeter
02-20-2005, 10:18 AM
I'll take em, if they don't want em.

Chadj
02-20-2005, 10:21 AM
I got dibs on the silvers. :|

Kitsun
02-20-2005, 10:53 AM
Well if they don't show up until after the account is cancelled, I'd give them the option to pay for the reactivation to get the coins from you. I think that would be fair.

Fallen
02-20-2005, 12:07 PM
That or use Paypal to return the money.

GSLeloo
02-20-2005, 12:26 PM
Or give the coin to someone you trust to transfer over.

Bobmuhthol
02-20-2005, 12:37 PM
<<Well if they don't show up until after the account is cancelled, I'd give them the option to pay for the reactivation to get the coins from you. I think that would be fair.>>

That's not fair at all. The buyer didn't pay to have Chyrain close her account. It's her responsibility to give him the silver.

Artha
02-20-2005, 12:48 PM
It's the buyer's responsibility to pick up the silver in a timely manner.

Bobmuhthol
02-20-2005, 12:51 PM
Without that information, however, this could have all happened in an hour.

Soulpieced
02-20-2005, 12:52 PM
I agree with Leloo. Give the money to someone you trust, and this person you're doing the transaction with has to have an e-mail or IM you can reach him/her at.

TheRoseLady
02-20-2005, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
<<Well if they don't show up until after the account is cancelled, I'd give them the option to pay for the reactivation to get the coins from you. I think that would be fair.>>

That's not fair at all. The buyer didn't pay to have Chyrain close her account. It's her responsibility to give him the silver.

So she has to keep her account open until the person shows up? Bullshit on that. Send them an email advising them that they have XX number of days left until the acct closes and what the options are if they don't show up for delivery.

Asha
02-20-2005, 01:00 PM
Welp, this thread cirtainly didn't contain the subject matter I was looking for.
:oops:

Snapp
02-20-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by TheRoseLady
So she has to keep her account open until the person shows up? Bullshit on that. Send them an email advising them that they have XX number of days left until the acct closes and what the options are if they don't show up for delivery.
:yeahthat:
8 more days is more than enough time for them to pick it up.

Divinity
02-20-2005, 01:08 PM
You dirty man.

Bobmuhthol
02-20-2005, 01:09 PM
<<So she has to keep her account open until the person shows up? Bullshit on that.>>

When I sold silver, I didn't close my account before the transaction was done.

Kainen
02-20-2005, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Drayal
Welp, this thread cirtainly didn't contain the subject matter I was looking for.
:oops:

Shimmy getting lonely? :lol:

Chyrain
02-20-2005, 01:25 PM
The sell was feb 10, the paypal payment cleared on feb 15. I've been trying to get a hold of this person since then. feb 15- feb 27 isn't a long enough time for someone to pick up silvers, bob?

if anyone knows the person who posts as arquetto here on the board...tell him to email me! I don't want to spend 18 bucks a month waiting for someone to pickup game silvers. but I did get a bunch of u2u's saying they'd hold the silver, and no offense to most of you, but Eider is a buddy and she volunteered so if I go that route, I'll put it in her hands just because I know her. she can bark and shriek at the silver until this person shows.

Chyrain
02-20-2005, 01:25 PM
oh and i also feel bad about it. i mean, i hope this person didn't die or something.

Asha
02-20-2005, 01:39 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:wasntme:

Arshwikk
02-20-2005, 02:14 PM
Gee, I was hoping this was going to be about some kinda system of manners when hitting on someone a the bar.

Eiderfleur
02-20-2005, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Chyrain
I did get a bunch of u2u's saying they'd hold the silver, and no offense to most of you, but Eider is a buddy and she volunteered so if I go that route, I'll put it in her hands just because I know her. she can bark and shriek at the silver until this person shows.

Oodles silvers! *insert maniacal cackle here*

heh

Danical
02-23-2005, 03:13 AM
If you don't explicate the times of pickup I think, by at least contract law, that it's encumbant upon you to keep your account open . . . how does the other person know that you are closing your account? Unless of course you told them that which would indirctly put a restriction on how long the person has to pick up the silvers . . . I'd say next time make sure to give a response time but . . .

Score 1 for bob.

-Gnimble

Ilvane
02-23-2005, 07:14 AM
If they've already paid you for it, you should refund them the money, if they aren't able to do so before your account closes.

Otherwise, hopefully they will read it here. Maybe do a "HEY <insert persons name here> READ THIS!" post.

:lol:

-A

[Edited on 2-23-2005 by Ilvane]