02-16-2005, 09:48 PM
omg, more cushion for the pushin'

UNF

peam
02-16-2005, 09:49 PM
You stroke my ego.

Soulpieced
02-16-2005, 09:49 PM
Get off your ass, watch what you eat, drink lots of water, take your vitamins, and work out. I weigh as much now as I did when I was a sophomore in high school thanks to the above Soulpieced diet.

02-16-2005, 09:50 PM
This above statement is extremely accurate.

- Arkans

02-16-2005, 09:52 PM
Haha, flako escopeta.

HarmNone
02-16-2005, 09:57 PM
And I weigh the same as I did when I was 18. So what? Some people are heavier than other people. Some heavy people need to diet and exercise. Those who do probably know it. Whether or not they do it is up to them. As long as a person isn't morbidly obese, I don't see what the big deal is.:wtf:

02-16-2005, 09:59 PM
I absolutely :love: old ladies who used to be titless because they had 0% body fat, but then as age kicked in, they start to get pseudo-saggy-boobies, and kept the weight off all the other extremeties in the meanwhile.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

- Stanley

AnticorRifling
02-16-2005, 10:03 PM
I was, at my heaviest, 152 lbs in highschool. I know because that was the heaviest weight class I ever wrestled in. Now I'm 230 lbs and a shit load stronger. Am I ripped nasty? Not yet, but the pain train is comming and I plan on being a mean 215 which is still more than 50lbs heavier than highschool. So I don't think the what I weighed then vs what I weigh know statement means much.

Do I have to get crazy up in this humpy bumpy?!

Bobmuhthol
02-16-2005, 10:05 PM
omg there's hope for me.

I weigh 127.

peam
02-16-2005, 10:08 PM
Start taking Brazilian Jui Jitsu and compete in vale tudo in a few years, Bob.

HarmNone
02-16-2005, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Stanley Burrell
I absolutely :love: old ladies who used to be titless because they had 0% body fat, but then as age kicked in, they start to get pseudo-saggy-boobies, and kept the weight off all the other extremeties in the meanwhile.

- Stanley

Heh. Umm...Stanley, dear? Exercise and a good bra works for boobs, too. Just FYI, so your boobs don't sag.

HarmNone, who was never blessed with impertinent little boobies or heavy extremities. Good genes are the best revenge.....:D

02-16-2005, 10:10 PM
Start taking Brazilian Jui Jitsu and compete in vale tudo in a few years, Bob.

Better yet, buy a piece.

"You've got pecs!? I've got Teks!"

[Edited on 2-17-2005 by Stanley Burrell]

02-16-2005, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by HarmNone

- Stanley

Heh. Umm...Stanley, dear? Exercise and a good bra works for boobs, too. Just FYI, so your boobs don't sag.

HarmNone, who was never blessed with impertinent little boobies or heavy extremities. Good genes are the best revenge.....:D

OMG Kimberly = One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

I mean the above in a good sense.

Edaarin
02-16-2005, 10:16 PM
In the past 4 years, I've been as low as 156 and as high as 197. At the end of last summer I was at 192, currently fluctuating between 177-182.

HarmNone
02-16-2005, 10:21 PM

Originally posted by HarmNone

- Stanley

OMG Kimberly = One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

I mean the above in a good sense.

Heh. I'm the ugly duckling in my family, as far as I'm concerned. You should see my mother, at 63, and my grandmother, at 84. They're freaking amazing. :)

02-16-2005, 10:23 PM
::gasp::

Don't belittle yourself to uglyducklingism. It is scientific FACT that genes get better through generation, therefor making you infinitely more hotter than any of the above. Also, props to humbling yourself in the presence of the looks of family 20-40 years older than you.

HarmNone
02-16-2005, 10:39 PM
The competition is pretty stiff, Stanley. My grandmother, in her heyday, was the spitting image of Loretta Young. ;)

Skeeter
02-17-2005, 12:30 AM
at 16 I was 5'11 140
at 29 I am 6'3 235

More fat than I want but not enough to call me fat. could bench 300+ before I blew out my shoulder :cry:

[Edited on 2-17-2005 by Skeeter]

Shari
02-17-2005, 01:21 AM
Check this out.

At 16 I was 5'2, 140lbs, size 14 waist.

At 18 I was 5'2, 125lbs, size 9 waist.

Right now, I am 5'2 (:CRIE: I will never grow!) fluctuate between 134-140lbs, and size 9 waist.

WTF

I have never dieted, nor do I plan to. I like food, a lot (obviously) I'm cool with the way I look but I really would kill mass amounts of people if I could just be TWO FUCKING INCHES TALLER, TWO THATS ALL I'M ASKING, C'MON!

Hulkein
02-17-2005, 01:38 AM
I wrestled the 103 weight class freshman year of HS, lol.

I grew about a foot after that, though.

02-17-2005, 04:07 AM
I was 160 when I graduated HS and I'm around 205-210 right now.

I also think too many people hide behind genetics and should just accept the fact that they are lazy fucks

Tsa`ah
02-17-2005, 06:14 AM
http://my.webmd.com/content/Article/99/105298.htm

http://www.mercola.com/2005/feb/12/genetics_weight.htm

The above article was an interesting read and I agree with 98% of Mercola's commentary at the end of it.

Thin + Thin = Thin is not always true, no more than Blonde + Blond = Blond. But according to Bob, our resident 14 year old genetic expert, genetics are as simple as 1+1. No longer do we need to consider pedigree, predisposition, dominance, or recessive.

The simple fact is that two thin people will not always produce a thin child. It is more likely, but it is not a given.

Of course environmental factors are always considered, but when a child is born with a thyroid disorder, a slow metabolism, or just plain old predisposition; environmental controls don't always win out.

Liberi Fatali
02-17-2005, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by Tsa`ah

The above article was an interesting read and I agree with 98% of Mercola's commentary at the end of it.

Thin + Thin = Thin is not always true, no more than Blonde + Blond = Blond. But according to Bob, our resident 14 year old genetic expert, genetics are as simple as 1+1. No longer do we need to consider pedigree, predisposition, dominance, or recessive.

The simple fact is that two thin people will not always produce a thin child. It is more likely, but it is not a given.

Of course environmental factors are always considered, but when a child is born with a thyroid disorder, a slow metabolism, or just plain old predisposition; environmental controls don't always win out.

You know what's funny to me, Tsa'ah? How some people can take the same dull crap that saturates everyone's lives and turn it into a foundation on which to build their own personal temple. Sometimes, I'd like to throttle every self-important fop that chronicles their existence here, turning a mundane event into a four page manifesto on just how enlightened they are, and just how unenlightened everyone else around them is. They (you specifically) hide behind pseudo-intellects, borrowing PBS educations and molding them into an MTV lifestyle, creating some sort of ultra-hip, glasses wearing amalagam of the labratory superstar and the rock and roll ubergod.

You're not smart because you read a fucking book, or google on the internet for an answer. My favorite p-intellectual stance, these days, is the ethereal raping of Chaos Theorum into Chaos Persona/Discord Constant/Discordia. Somehow, a mathematical constant for experimentation has turned into "you can't control anything, and the universe is slowly decaying". Stand on this uppercased Chaos, proclaiming all -is- Chaos, and then let me smack your forehead for you when you realize that constants are fucking -laws-, and if "Chaos" were constant, it would be... [horns blare]! A fucking law!

"I've read books, big books, and I think I've understood them... they're about girls, right?" And that's exactly how I feel. I don't claim to be an intelligent man, but don't try and peddle your New Age/Wave bullshit on me. I doubt you've ever attended a Genetics seminar, let alone had a Genetics course. So next time, before you accuse Bob of not knowing anything, try to come up with a response on your own intellect, hmm?

Tabor.

02-17-2005, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by Tabor

Originally posted by Tsa`ah

You know what's funny to me, Tsa'ah? How some people can take the same dull crap that saturates everyone's lives and turn it into a foundation on which to build their own personal temple. Sometimes, I'd like to throttle every self-important fop that chronicles their existence here, turning a mundane event into a four page manifesto on just how enlightened they are, and just how unenlightened everyone else around them is. They (you specifically) hide behind pseudo-intellects, borrowing PBS educations and molding them into an MTV lifestyle, creating some sort of ultra-hip, glasses wearing amalagam of the labratory superstar and the rock and roll ubergod.

You're not smart because you read a fucking book, or google on the internet for an answer. My favorite p-intellectual stance, these days, is the ethereal raping of Chaos Theorum into Chaos Persona/Discord Constant/Discordia. Somehow, a mathematical constant for experimentation has turned into "you can't control anything, and the universe is slowly decaying". Stand on this uppercased Chaos, proclaiming all -is- Chaos, and then let me smack your forehead for you when you realize that constants are fucking -laws-, and if "Chaos" were constant, it would be... [horns blare]! A fucking law!

"I've read books, big books, and I think I've understood them... they're about girls, right?" And that's exactly how I feel. I don't claim to be an intelligent man, but don't try and peddle your New Age/Wave bullshit on me. I doubt you've ever attended a Genetics seminar, let alone had a Genetics course. So next time, before you accuse Bob of not knowing anything, try to come up with a response on your own intellect, hmm?

Tabor.

Haha, I've done some blots and PCR/rtPCR, some placental profusion and used the oscilloscope. I could put on sunglasses and sport a pocketprotector, does this make me a Bill Nye the Science Guy prototype?

Yes. Damn right it does.

1) I am very cool.

2) Working as a renegade in a labcoat, albeit in the underpaid facilities of Tisch, or the no man's land of Yale Med, provide me with the stark contrast I need that when people look at me in a labcoat with a radiation badge, they say, "That guy, him. He must be important, let's give him a blowjob."

I am sorry to say, but if you harp on the Chaos Theory crap too long, you will fall into a serious phase of Pflueger automatonism, become a nihilist, probably join some sort of a cult, drink kool-aid and bleach. Save yourself while you still can.

Miss X
02-17-2005, 07:22 AM
I'm fatter now than I was in high school because I eat more and I am less active in terms of sport. Bothers me sometimes I guess, but I'll do something about it eventually. I try not to judge others though because we all have our good and bad points, it's all about accepting yourself and feeling comfortable with that.

Warriorbird
02-17-2005, 09:09 AM
5'11" and 180 right now. That's larger than I want to be, but not hideous.

As far as fat kids? Breastfed kids on average tend to be skinnier.

02-17-2005, 09:49 AM
I am a lot thinner and more in shape than I was in highschool. In high school I was a fat fuck weighing a nice 222.5 at 5'11". It was disgusting. I then decided to do something about it and at 6'0" I'm at 175 with a lot more fucking muscle.

- Arkans

Shari
02-17-2005, 12:57 PM
Stanley, come to Arizona and hang out with me. You crack me the fuck up.

Oh, and bring that labcoat too. :saint:

02-17-2005, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Jesae
Stanley, come to Arizona and hang out with me. You crack me the fuck up.

Oh, and bring that labcoat too. :saint:

Heh. That would be pretty cool.

I just hope Little Frankie doesn't eat guests!? :weird:

Shari
02-17-2005, 03:38 PM
He's little. Seriously I think he's only like a foot long. Hence the name.

He's so damned cute. I should take his picture again.

Tsa`ah
02-17-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Tabor
You know what's funny to me, Tsa'ah? How some people can take the same dull crap that saturates everyone's lives and turn it into a foundation on which to build their own personal temple. Sometimes, I'd like to throttle every self-important fop that chronicles their existence here, turning a mundane event into a four page manifesto on just how enlightened they are, and just how unenlightened everyone else around them is.

And so begins the hypocritical rant. I'll tell you what, the moment you begin a self imposed penance of physical mortification, I'll give you free shot at my chops. Since we both know you're too full of your own self importance to even think about strapping your own back, it's very unlikely that you'll be knocking on my door anytime soon.

They (you specifically) hide behind pseudo-intellects, borrowing PBS educations and molding them into an MTV lifestyle, creating some sort of ultra-hip, glasses wearing amalagam of the labratory superstar and the rock and roll ubergod.

Haven't watched MTV since they stopped playing music. PBS? Sesame street when the kids were interested, Dr Who when I get that itch to watch something from childhood. TV is about as big in my life as sex is probably is in yours.

Self important? Mio? I could give a rat’s ass about a person's education up until the point of spewage about crap they don't know. I find it rather funny that you attacked me rather than attempting to refute what I posted. It was rather simplistic, do tell ... what was incorrect?

Are you telling me that a thin person mating with a thin person will always produce .... a thin person? There will be zero chance that the child will not be born without a predisposition to retain weight?

A short person mating with a short person will always produce another short person? A blond and blond will yield another blond?

I'm sorry, but to subscribe to that is to ignore anything you could have possibly learned in the most rudimentary bio class.

So, on your lonely mountain top, do you hold deep conversations with yourself?

You do realize how self involved you're sounding right now. Care to refute my post with something other than your usual tripe?

"I've read books, big books, and I think I've understood them... they're about girls, right?" And that's exactly how I feel. I don't claim to be an intelligent man, but don't try and peddle your New Age/Wave bullshit on me.

That sounds exactly like what you’re trying to do with me. The big difference, I don't need a thesaurus.

I doubt you've ever attended a Genetics seminar, let alone had a Genetics course.

It's been some years, but you would indeed be wrong.

So next time, before you accuse Bob of not knowing anything, try to come up with a response on your own intellect, hmm?

I didn't accuse Bob of not knowing anything. I accused Bob of not knowing what he was talking about.

Care to lay down some facts that dispute what I posted, that indeed support what Bob posted?

You can read can't you? You can back up your spewage with something factual can't you? Or is this what you do when you've really got nothing?

Did you mean amalagram or amalgam?

In your little rant, you also pooched laboratory and theorem, tsk tsk. Med School eh?

[Edited on 2-17-2005 by Tsa`ah]

Bobmuhthol
02-17-2005, 04:28 PM
Assume thin vs. fat genome = T, just because I don't know. Bust out the Punnett squares, assuming both parents have Tt genomes.

Possibilities: TT, Tt, Tt, tt.

75% of the time, thin wins.

I'm fully aware that this is not how it actually works, but it is, in fact, support that thin + thin = thin more times than not.

02-17-2005, 04:31 PM
How do you know the skinny gene is dominant and not recessive?

Edited to Add: Just look at like 8 or 12 people of different ages and tell me if you think the fat gene is the dominant allele or the skinny gene is.

02-17-2005, 04:32 PM
If you have two thin parents then....

- Arkans

Hulkein
02-17-2005, 04:33 PM
Next time you post anything that isn't 100% consistent, I'm going to break your balls over it, Tsa`ah.

No, not every kid that is the offspring of thin parents will be thin, but are you serious with the ferocity of your attacks over this?

Everyone knows it isn't a law, everyone knows that we haven't solved every secret of genetics.

In most cases, however, it will hold true.

I have 13 aunts and uncles on one side of the family, their parents (my grandparents), are thin. Surprise surprise, 12 of them are definitely not fat, one is because he drinks non-stop. And he's really not even that fat, by todays standards. And he's lost weight recently, so I don't even know if any of them are fat.

I have like 30 first cousins on this same side of the family (my aunts and uncles kids), of the 30, one might be considered overweight for their age.

[Edited on 2-17-2005 by Hulkein]

02-17-2005, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Arkans
If you have two thin parents then....

- Arkans

Chances are, you will be fat, overweight, pudgy, or slightly beef wellington.

As opposed to being a super-model.

02-17-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Hulkein
Next time you post anything that isn't 100% consistent, I'm going to break your balls over it, Tsa`ah.

No, not every kid that is the offspring of thin parents will be thin, but are you serious with the ferocity of your attacks over this?

Everyone knows it isn't a law, everyone knows that we haven't solved every secret of genetics.

I have 13 aunts and uncles on one side of the family, their parents (my grandparents), are thin. Surprise surprise, 12 of them are definitely not fat, one is because he drinks non-stop. And he's really not even that fat, by fat's standards. And he's lost weight recently, so I don't even know if any of them are fat.

I have like 30 first cousins on this same side of the family (my aunts and uncles kids), of the 30, one might be considered overweight for their age.

[Edited on 2-17-2005 by Hulkein]

That's what we call a genetic fluke.

Edited to Add: 30 cousins. Your family fucks like rabbits.

Back
02-17-2005, 04:36 PM

Isn’t it about time to revise these pseudo-scientific/racist terms? Who came up with them anyway?

02-17-2005, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Backlash

Isn’t it about time to revise these pseudo-scientific/racist terms? Who came up with them anyway?

lolol

Bobmuhthol
02-17-2005, 04:38 PM
<<How do you know the skinny gene is dominant and not recessive?>>

Okay.

Assume the skinny gene is recessive.

Both parents are thin. They, therefore, have ff genomes.

ff, ff, ff, and ff are the possibilities. 100% of the offspring will be thin.

Hulkein
02-17-2005, 04:39 PM
Edited to Add: 30 cousins. Your family fucks like rabbits.

Heh, oldest aunt/uncle is like 46, youngest is 24...

5 of them haven't even had kids yet.

It's an old style Irish/Catholic family, hehe.

02-17-2005, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
<<How do you know the skinny gene is dominant and not recessive?>>

Okay.

Assume the skinny gene is recessive.

Both parents are thin. They, therefore, have ff genomes.

ff, ff, ff, and ff are the possibilities. 100% of the offspring will be thin.

Way to factor in the fat gene this time in the Punette.

Bobmuhthol
02-17-2005, 04:43 PM
<<Way to factor in the fat gene this time in the Punette.>>

If the thin gene is recessive, and both parents are thin, they must not have the fat gene. Otherwise it would dominate, eh?

02-17-2005, 04:45 PM
<<Way to factor in the fat gene this time in the Punette.>>

If the thin gene is recessive, and both parents are thin, they must not have the fat gene. Otherwise it would dominate, eh?

If the highlighted was true.

Then again, regardless of that, you would still be walking down the street and see many more lanky bastards than fat fucks.

Therefor, it can be deduced that it is in fact the FAT gene that is dominant.

I must ponder upon this long and hard.

Bobmuhthol
02-17-2005, 04:46 PM
<<If the highlighted was true.>>

The whole point is assuming the highlighted is true. The argument isn't whether or not thin people exist. Some people like believing that two thin people will have an obese child.

<<Then again, regardless of that, you would still be walking down the street and see many more lanky bastards than fat fucks.>>

It's very possible to make yourself fat by being retarded. People in America accomplish this.

[Edited on 2-17-2005 by Bobmuhthol]

Tsa`ah
02-17-2005, 07:06 PM
Assume thin vs. fat genome = T, just because I don't know. Bust out the Punnett squares, assuming both parents have Tt genomes.

Possibilities: TT, Tt, Tt, tt.

75% of the time, thin wins.

I'm fully aware that this is not how it actually works, but it is, in fact, support that thin + thin = thin more times than not.

Your right. It's not how it works ... well sort of.

If thin is dominant, then yes ... that's correct, if fat is dominant, you have your results twisted.

Bobmuhthol
02-17-2005, 07:17 PM
<<if fat is dominant, you have your results twisted.>>

If fat is dominant, to me that means two thin parents have no fat gene or else they would be fat, thus rendering any offspring with all thin genes like their parents.

If this is not the case, I'm missing something important.

Ravenstorm
02-17-2005, 07:24 PM
Like most things, weight turns on several factors. Among which, it seems, is whether you have a neurochemical propensity to fidget or not. (http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6885161/site/newsweek/)

Raven

Tsa`ah
02-17-2005, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Hulkein

That has nothing to do with anything, but you are free to a make the attempt.

Amazing how selective your reading is. What attacks ... or do you mean responses?

Bob and Tabor apparently think the opposite.

I haven't even argued against that. In fact I believe the second link posted plainly points that out.

My argument has been THERE ARE NO GIVENS.

I have 13 aunts and uncles on one side of the family, their parents (my grandparents), are thin. Surprise surprise, 12 of them are definitely not fat, one is because he drinks non-stop. And he's really not even that fat, by todays standards. And he's lost weight recently, so I don't even know if any of them are fat.

I have four aunts from my mothers side. All under 5'5". Each married a man no taller than 5'7". My mother is 5'7", my father is 5'9". Every one of my siblings and 1st cousins from my mother’s side are no shorter than 5'11", no taller than 6'6".
My grandfather was 6'4".

I wonder where the tallness came from ... /sarcasm.

One of my best friends happens to be a red head, In 4 generations of his family there has never been a red hair; it has all been black to dark brown.

Just because two thin people come together and have a child, that is no guarantee that the child will be thin. That is no guarantee that if there is a fat gene, neither of the parents carry it. If such things did not happen, albinos being born to African tribes would not happen.

Genetics do not start with the parents. That is why it is referred to as a pedigree. You have to look beyond the parents and into the ancestry.

Some traits skip generation, such as multiple births (Twins, triplets and such).

Bobmuhthol
02-17-2005, 07:32 PM
<<Bob and Tabor apparently think the opposite.>>

Nobody said it was guaranteed, but there's a good enough chance that you can assume thin + thin = thin as opposed to the opposite.

Tsa`ah
02-17-2005, 07:33 PM
<<if fat is dominant, you have your results twisted.>>

If fat is dominant, to me that means two thin parents have no fat gene or else they would be fat, thus rendering any offspring with all thin genes like their parents.

If this is not the case, I'm missing something important.

If fat is dominant (F) and thin is recessive (f), only an ff coupling (25% chance) would make for the thin expression.

That does not mean that the dominant isn't passed on, it only means it isn't expressed. The F is dormant and part of the makeup. The parent's passed it on and the child, when he/she does her/his part in created the next generation will throw the same dice against those of his/her mate.

If fat and thin are as simple as F and f, with F being dominant, you're looking at a 25% chance of a thin disposition every time in that scenario.

[Edited on 2-18-2005 by Tsa`ah]

Bobmuhthol
02-17-2005, 07:34 PM
<<Like most things, weight turns on several factors. Among which, it seems, is whether you have a neurochemical propensity to fidget or not.>>

That's very interesting, because I'm a hardcore fidgeter.

Bobmuhthol
02-17-2005, 07:40 PM
<<Tsa`ah's post>>

I think I understand but it doesn't make sense to me logically. What it comes down to is which gene is dominant as far as I can tell.

Jenisi
02-17-2005, 07:44 PM
Well I can tell you this. I take after my mom side... And I've always been a heck of alot heavier then my sister (whose heaviest weight is probally 120 and she's 5'6) And she takes after my dad's side (who all of them are thin as rails) And we eat basically the same diet (Though she drinks ALOT more soda then I do, I won't touch the stuff)

Tsa`ah
02-17-2005, 07:51 PM
It comes down to which is expressed. If you throw it into a punit (4x4) with one dominant and one recessive, the recessive only has a 25% chance of expression; 1 in 4. It isn't a coin toss, but relatively close.

That's not to say that environment doesn't play a role. Arkans could (well whoever he gets pregnant) have a child with a predisposition of being fat, or hefty. That doesn't mean it's not controllable in most cases. It only means it takes more effort.

Now wrap your brain around this.

Every girl born to a male, in my generation, from my father's side of the family has an ear shaped like her father on the left side, and an ear shaped like her mother's on the right. Every girl so far anyway. So far there are 6. Two are mine, two are my oldest brother's, and the two belong to male cousins.

Dual expression has always puzzled me.