PDA

View Full Version : Hilary Duff goes to Harvard

xtc
02-15-2005, 12:01 PM
I have met a few people who have done their undergrad at Harvard and I was disappointed in them. I expected more. Those who have their M.B.A.’s from there are a different story. However this confirms for me that Harvard's standards have dropped.

Article here (http://entertainment.sympatico.msn.ca/celebs/articles/1032325.armx)

StrayRogue
02-15-2005, 12:24 PM
Its all about money.

Hulkein
02-15-2005, 01:27 PM
Maybe she's intelligent?

Kainen
02-15-2005, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
Its all about money.

Yep, that's about right.

Slingblade
02-15-2005, 01:28 PM
I don't get why all these rich ass famous wanna go to college. They're already millionaires and will never have to worry about money, so it's obviously not so they can get a good job after college.

Only reason I can think of would be for the partying, but they're already rich and famous and can do that anyway.

Edaarin
02-15-2005, 01:29 PM
Didn't Will Smith get accepted into MIT...?

Hulkein
02-15-2005, 01:30 PM
Yeah, he did. He's very intelligent.

She doesn't strike me as a stupid person either.

Skeeter
02-15-2005, 01:41 PM
maybe she heard that some girls like to experiment while in college, and she's in it for the co-ed poon.

The Korean
02-15-2005, 01:45 PM
Although she's taking an online course.......

xtc
02-15-2005, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Hulkein

She doesn't strike me as a stupid person either.

Please tell me you are joking

02-15-2005, 01:49 PM
Seems like jealousy to me. Why can't she be geniunly intelligent? Do you know her on a personal level? No, you don't. She very well can be able to get in.

- Arkans

xtc
02-15-2005, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Arkans
Seems like jealousy to me. Why can't she be geniunly intelligent? Do you know her on a personal level? No, you don't. She very well can be able to get in.

- Arkans

I am not the least bit jealous. She just doesn't come across as the brightest bulb.

02-15-2005, 01:53 PM
I think you do not have near the information to make that sort of judgement. Until you know her on a personal level, all you know is her public persona.

- Arkans

xtc
02-15-2005, 01:55 PM
I think you do not have near the information to make that sort of judgement. Until you know her on a personal level, all you know is her public persona.

- Arkans

I know I'd tag her.

Jorddyn
02-15-2005, 01:56 PM

- Arkans

Soooo... Michael Jackson could be a perfectly normal person?

Jorddyn

Kainen
02-15-2005, 01:57 PM

- Arkans

She could be the next Einstein (get the German reference? ;) ) but it's STILL all about the money.

02-15-2005, 01:57 PM
You're not serious with that, are you?

- Arkans

02-15-2005, 01:58 PM
The only part about the money is that she can afford it. I honestly believe that she can make it on her own merits.

- Arkans

Kainen
02-15-2005, 01:58 PM
:lol:

02-15-2005, 01:59 PM
Laugh all you want, but no one has any solid evidence to support she is an idiot. You make judgements based on the movies that she acts in. Good work there.

- Arkans

Artha
02-15-2005, 02:00 PM
I honestly believe that she can make it on her own merits.

But you don't know her, she might be as dumb as a box of hair!!!11

02-15-2005, 02:02 PM
I'd rather give people the benifit of the doubt rather than assuming they are idiots because they are celebs.

- Arkans

Skeeter
02-15-2005, 02:10 PM
I think Paris is a genious also.

Kainen
02-15-2005, 02:14 PM
Laugh all you want, but no one has any solid evidence to support she is an idiot. You make judgements based on the movies that she acts in. Good work there.

- Arkans

I was laughing at the "you're not serious with that" part.. not what you said after it.

Alarke
02-15-2005, 02:16 PM
Arkans is right here, and IMHO, until you've worked in the record industry, dont pretend that people that make it big are idiots by any means. That industry is more business and cutthroat than anyone here knows about. Yes, she may not come across as the brightest person in the world TO YOU, but you dont know what it took to get to her position. I would believe that whether or not you like to think so, she is smarter than you think. Or do you all have triple platinum records coming out soon too? And thanks to pro-tools, it has nothing to do with singing talent... yes it IS based on looks, but she wouldn't be where she was now if she couldn't handle the business of it.

xtc
02-15-2005, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Alarke
Arkans is right here, and IMHO, until you've worked in the record industry, dont pretend that people that make it big are idiots by any means. That industry is more business and cutthroat than anyone here knows about. Yes, she may not come across as the brightest person in the world TO YOU, but you dont know what it took to get to her position. I would believe that whether or not you like to think so, she is smarter than you think. Or do you all have triple platinum records coming out soon too? And thanks to pro-tools, it has nothing to do with singing talent... yes it IS based on looks, but she wouldn't be where she was now if she couldn't handle the business of it.

I have only one thing to say "Ellsworth Toohey"

StrayRogue
02-15-2005, 02:25 PM
I'll say it again. Its all about money, though who you know and who they know also factors into it. Maybe she is intelligent, but theres alot of intelligent people out there who can't go because they lack the cash.

02-15-2005, 02:30 PM
There are also increidbly smart people that get scholorships. The means are there, sorry.

- Arkans

DeV
02-15-2005, 02:54 PM
Props to her for even attempting to continue her education.

Warriorbird
02-15-2005, 02:54 PM
Funny to hear you giving someone the benefit of the doubt, Arkans. Guess you are human after all ;).

[Edited on 2-15-2005 by Warriorbird]

02-15-2005, 02:55 PM
I still strongly deny this statement! :no2: :no2: :no2: :no2:

- Arkans

Makkah
02-15-2005, 02:56 PM
<< don't get why all these rich ass famous wanna go to college. They're already millionaires and will never have to worry about money, so it's obviously not so they can get a good job after college. >>

God forbid someone that's up on their luck in the entertainment world also want to pursue knowledge and education...

I DO find it funny seeing Arkans in Carl Rogers mode, but he's right.

[Edited on 2-15-2005 by Makkah]

Bobmuhthol
02-15-2005, 03:00 PM
Hilary Duff is a hot ticket.

Jenisi
02-15-2005, 03:02 PM
Calling someone fat won't make you any skinnier, and calling someone stupid won't make you any smarter.

[Edited on 2-15-2005 by Jenisi]

CrystalTears
02-15-2005, 03:22 PM
:wtf:

Astare
02-15-2005, 03:51 PM
Why would a girl lookin to party want to go to Harvard?

Oh and Arkans you showed a new side of yourself today

02-15-2005, 03:59 PM
Fucking Christ... This new side talk has got to stop.

She's hot and white, okay?!?!

- Arkans

Jorddyn
02-15-2005, 04:14 PM

And, that is why she gets the "benefit of the doubt."

Jorddyn

Edaarin
02-15-2005, 04:18 PM
I'll say it again. Its all about money, though who you know and who they know also factors into it. Maybe she is intelligent, but theres alot of intelligent people out there who can't go because they lack the cash.

There's no reason (barring ridiculous circumstances, i.e. having to take care of seven kids whilst afflicted with Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease) you wouldn't be able to attend college if you're motivated enough.

Money is there. Even if you can't get a scholarship, there are loans out there. If you can't qualify for a loan, work at night to pay for college.

CrystalTears
02-15-2005, 04:21 PM
I'll say it again. Its all about money, though who you know and who they know also factors into it. Maybe she is intelligent, but theres alot of intelligent people out there who can't go because they lack the motivation.

There. I fixed it. :D

02-15-2005, 04:40 PM
Duh, obviously, Jorddyn!

- Arkans

Hulkein
02-15-2005, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Jorddyn

And, that is why she gets the "benefit of the doubt."

Jorddyn

No it isn't.

I give her the benefit of the doubt because she's been able to turn kid fame into a multi-million dollar career in acting, singing, etc.

And no, I wasn't joking xtc.

02-15-2005, 04:51 PM
And that she's white, obviously.. Duh.. IDIOTS!

- Arkans

Astare
02-15-2005, 04:56 PM
And dont forget, shes HOTTTTT

02-15-2005, 04:58 PM
This is EXTREMELY true and important.

- Arkans

Snapp
02-15-2005, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Hulkein
I give her the benefit of the doubt because she's been able to turn kid fame into a multi-million dollar career in acting, singing, etc.

My thoughts exactly. You cannot be a total idiot and be as well-accomplished in so many areas like she is. I don't know if she could get in on her own merits, but I don't believe she's stupid by any means. Paris Hilton, yes... she's a moron.

02-15-2005, 06:37 PM
Paris Hilton is hot.

- Arkans

Alarke
02-15-2005, 07:23 PM
Dude, there are a lot of women i'd hook up with before I took Paris Hilton home... that is all.

02-15-2005, 07:40 PM
Yeah, me too. Christina Aguilera being like one of them. She's definatly in my top 10 though. That's for sure!

- Arkans

Makkah
02-15-2005, 07:42 PM
Both of those chickenheads don't even compare to Miss Keys.

02-15-2005, 07:50 PM
Unfortunately, this is incorrect.

- Arkans

crazymage
02-15-2005, 07:53 PM
maya keys?

Makkah
02-15-2005, 07:57 PM
Alicia Keys.

Bobmuhthol
02-15-2005, 08:02 PM
I can think of a lot of people who I'd rather see naked than Alicia Keys.

peam
02-15-2005, 08:05 PM
When I hung out with Hilary, she was very down to Earth and seemed quite intelligent.

YancyDC
02-15-2005, 08:33 PM
I find it funny it's so wrong to assume she's dumb, but assuming she's intelligent isn't. You really can't assume either way. But I'm jewish, so what do I know?

02-15-2005, 08:36 PM
... must... res... ah, fuck it...

HOW TO GET PWNED DURING THE LARGEST CONFLICT KNOWN TO MAN!??!?!?!?!?!??

- Arkans

Tsa`ah
02-15-2005, 09:45 PM

I attribute the current success to Disney and their ability to grow the "star" and fanbase together rather than the intelligence/talent of Duff.

That's not to say she isn't Harvard material, because we don't know, but that is to say that her success was born out of an effort greater than her own.

Tsa`ah
02-15-2005, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Makkah
Alicia Keys.

Keyes.

02-15-2005, 09:50 PM
:lol: good for her maing.

Alarke
02-15-2005, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Tsa`ah

I attribute the current success to Disney and their ability to grow the "star" and fanbase together rather than the intelligence/talent of Duff.

That's not to say she isn't Harvard material, because we don't know, but that is to say that her success was born out of an effort greater than her own.
Correct, she couldn't have done ANY of this without Disney, never said she could. What I was implying with her as far as the business perspective goes is. Disney, like any other record company will be cutthroat, the fact she walked out a millionare is what I am talking about. Currently there are a lot of stars that are able to go plat. but with their contracts get screwed out of the large money. Sorry if I didn't clarify.

Makkah
02-15-2005, 11:11 PM
Keys. You're a moron that can't spell.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000DD7LC.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

rht

02-15-2005, 11:11 PM
She obviously was accepted into a voice/acting conservatory.

If i'm admissions at harvard, i don't care how minority, intelligent or actually talented you are. The duff was on T fuckin' V and the MOVIES, making her forevermore better in my eyes than any other peons.

:shrug:

Tsa`ah
02-15-2005, 11:19 PM
Ha ... quoted the fuckstain instead of Serg.

It should have read ...

Originally posted by crazymage
maya keys?

Keyes.

Sorry for straining your brain cell.

Tsa`ah
02-15-2005, 11:30 PM
Correct, she couldn't have done ANY of this without Disney, never said she could. What I was implying with her as far as the business perspective goes is. Disney, like any other record company will be cutthroat, the fact she walked out a millionare is what I am talking about. Currently there are a lot of stars that are able to go plat. but with their contracts get screwed out of the large money. Sorry if I didn't clarify.

I would agree with that, but Duff wasn't the one negotiating contracts as a child or teenager. Look at the parents and or managers for that.

I think she's Harvard material just for being filthy rich and deciding she does need college. Well maybe not Harvard material, but only she and Harvard admissions knows about that.

I think people making a big deal about her going to Harvard is pretty lame. She may not have earned her money with back breaking labor or through stern determination, she did earn her money though. She's not walking into Harvard on the coat tails of her parents, their money, or their name. Unlike a number of politicians and their children.

Farquar
02-16-2005, 01:54 AM
I didn't go to Harvard, but I did go to a peer school that I consider better than Harvard (heh). Anyway, many top schools offer continuing education programs and distance learning opportunities that have open or greatly relaxed admissions from their undergraduate degree programs.

A quick search of the Harvard website turns up the following:
http://www.extension.harvard.edu/
http://www.extension.harvard.edu/DistanceEd/default.jsp

The Harvard Extension School is an open admission program that allows you to go to classes at Harvard taught by some of the same profs, with similar workloads to the undergrad classes provided you can pay the hefty tuition. Some schools even allow you to go to class with the undergrads as a continuing ed student (Columbia does this I think). The online offerings are a component of the extension school. I'm not making any judgments on her intellectual capacity, but I am guessing that this is the program that HD is involved with. Natalie Portman, on the other hand, is a "true" student in the undergrad program.

I, for one, think it's an interesting option for people who want to go back to school or who just want to have the H-bomb on their resume. If you can afford the tutition though, you probably don't need any more education.

[Edited on 2-16-2005 by Farquar]

Hulkein
02-16-2005, 11:08 AM
I love Natalie Portman.

Wezas
02-16-2005, 11:14 AM
At least she's well protected.
(teaches me to not use my FTP server even just once - pic hosted by me and fixed)
http://members.cox.net/legendwezas/HilaryCondomPic450.jpeg

Yes, I realize this pic is a fake, but it's still amusing

[Edited on 2-16-2005 by Wezas]

02-16-2005, 11:54 AM
THE PIC IS BROKEN!!11

- Arkans

Shari
02-16-2005, 12:25 PM
Okay, I didn't read all of the replies but here is how I feel about this.

I commend her for pushing for an education, especially a place like Harvard. The comment about them already being millionaires and why would they bother? Because you learn and experience things in college that you wouldn't anywhere else. She will learn about "real-life" as some professors aren't going to let her get away with shit that other people will because she's famous.

What happens when she's in her 40's and her career takes a shit? Yeah she might have those millions to fall back on but what if she doesn't? Well then she has a degree (or degrees) to work off of.

Just because she acts the stupid girl in her shows/movies doesn't mean she is stupid. I've seen her talk in interviews and she is a very well-together girl. Unlike Britney Spears or Paris Hilton, whom I've seen say "um, um, uh, like," and "totally" more in a sentence than any other word, Hilary seems to be rather mature for someone her age. And yeah she might seem a little bubbly but hell, she's what...17 right? And Britney and Paris are in the 20's and Hilary to me seems older than they act.

Okay, I'm done. <starts breathing again>

xtc
02-16-2005, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Jesae

1.What happens when she's in her 40's and her career takes a shit?

2. I've seen her talk in interviews and she is a very well-together girl.

1. The Surreal Life 27. I hope her career tanks well before she is 40. I am sick of seeing these no-talent hacks butcher music.

2. We must have watched different interviews.

02-16-2005, 12:35 PM
No talent? Funny, I don't see you being famous. Perhaps when you have records that sell or movies people go to watch, you can say that. Until then, not so much.

- Arkans

Latrinsorm
02-16-2005, 12:37 PM
Natalie Portman is awesome. Shouldn't she be done with college by now, though?

StrayRogue
02-16-2005, 12:37 PM
It doesn't take talent to be famous. And since when is being famous the single most desirable situation in the world? I'd rather be alot of other things than famous.

02-16-2005, 12:38 PM
It doesn't take talent. It can take mommy's and daddy's coat tails or their money. Unfortunately, this isn't here case.

- Arkans

PS: I do love the.. "I JUST DON'T WANT 2 BE FAMOUS" line tho.

Shari
02-16-2005, 12:42 PM
Knowing Natalie Portman she's probably going for her PhD. She's gonna be there for-ev-er.

Warriorbird
02-16-2005, 12:47 PM
Natalie Portman's got an incredibly busy schedule, I bet. I don't think she's stopped shooting movies over it.

Lil' Wayne's going to college for girls and a small touch of business skills most likely. He's only going to the University of Houston. If it was possible to buy your way into something more prestigious, I imagine Cash Money Records would've.

xtc
02-16-2005, 01:43 PM
No talent? Funny, I don't see you being famous. Perhaps when you have records that sell or movies people go to watch, you can say that. Until then, not so much.

- Arkans

"No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American Public"

H. L. Mencken

Latrinsorm
02-16-2005, 02:55 PM
Tell that to the XFL.

02-16-2005, 02:57 PM
If that was the case then there would be no shows that wouldn't make it. So many bomb or just don't make the cut. I can't agree with that. Just some elitist words.

- Arkans

Bobmuhthol
02-16-2005, 03:04 PM
<<Natalie Portman's got an incredibly [hot body].>>

I completely agree.

Sean
02-16-2005, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm
Natalie Portman is awesome. Shouldn't she be done with college by now, though?

According to IMDB which has been wrong on occasion she completed her degree in 2003

Slingblade
02-16-2005, 03:20 PM
<< don't get why all these rich ass famous wanna go to college. They're already millionaires and will never have to worry about money, so it's obviously not so they can get a good job after college. >>

God forbid someone that's up on their luck in the entertainment world also want to pursue knowledge and education...

I'm not faulting her for wanting to pursue knowledge and education and all that good sounding shit. I'm not faulting her at all actually. I'm just curious what she (and all these other rich & famous people going to college) plans to do after she graduates. Go out and get a "better" job with her degree? Not likely. She's made more money while she was still jailbait than most Harvard grads will make in their lifetime.

Or maybe she's going to Harvard so People Magazine will say "Hey she goes to Harvard, maybe she's not so dumb after all." or so in a few years she can say "Hey Lindsay Lohan, I went to Harvard and you didn't, which means I'm smart and you're stupid so haha I win!" Celebs, especially those with celeb "rivals" do all sorts of things for weird reasons.

I'm not accusing her of any of that, but I'm not ruling it out either, but I don't really care anyway as I"m just bored.

Same goes for other celebs, like... the Olsen twins (who should be executed for the sole reason that the mere mention of their names produces Bob Saget memories).

[Edited on 2-16-2005 by Slingblade]

xtc
02-16-2005, 03:22 PM
If that was the case then there would be no shows that wouldn't make it. So many bomb or just don't make the cut. I can't agree with that. Just some elitist words.

- Arkans

Okay I will say it plainly...she sucks. So do many other singers and actors and cross overs. However they are packaged and marketed correctly. None are song writers, most aren't even decent singers.
Why do some not make it? They aren't packaged and marketed correctly.
Look at how many singers the mickey mouse club produced? coincidence?

02-16-2005, 03:41 PM
Or perhaps it's just not your bag of tea? Could be that. The fact is, you need to talent to win in this game. She has something there. Sorry.

- Arkans

xtc
02-16-2005, 03:43 PM
Or perhaps it's just not your bag of tea? Could be that. The fact is, you need to talent to win in this game. She has something there. Sorry.

- Arkans

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Where we can agree is that we would both tag her. When she looses that chub she will be hotter.

02-16-2005, 04:14 PM
I completely agree with xtc's above statement.

- Arkans

Slingblade
02-16-2005, 04:14 PM
Speaking of tagging her, ever wonder how many of today's stupid pop singers (Britney, Hillary, blah blah) would have made it if they were fat and ugly instead of having a nice ass and a good rack?

My guess is that none of them would be shit.

[Edited on 2-16-2005 by Slingblade]

02-16-2005, 04:16 PM
And thank God for that, Slingblade. Fat and ugly people are sub-human and do not deserve chances in life.

- Arkans

Jorddyn
02-16-2005, 04:21 PM
And thank God for that, Slingblade. Fat and ugly people are sub-human and do not deserve chances in life.

I sincerely hope you have fat and ugly children.

Jorddyn

Bobmuhthol
02-16-2005, 04:22 PM
Genetics will shatter your dreams pretty hard, Jorddyn.

02-16-2005, 04:24 PM
Bobmuhthol = very correct.

- Arkans

02-16-2005, 04:25 PM
Actually, I want to ammend it. Fat and jolly people are okay. Those that are fat, but just don't give a fuck and have a good time. They are okay.

- Arkans

Jorddyn
02-16-2005, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
Genetics will shatter your dreams pretty hard, Jorddyn.

It certainly could happen. I'll still sleep well at night if it doesn't.

Jorddyn

02-16-2005, 04:31 PM
Thin + thin != fat

- Arkans

Slingblade
02-16-2005, 04:41 PM
Actually, I want to ammend it. Fat and jolly people are okay. Those that are fat, but just don't give a fuck and have a good time. They are okay.

- Arkans

Yeah. Just think of how much kids would hate fat people if Santa Claus was an asshole.

02-16-2005, 04:49 PM
Yeah, for sure, Santa Claus is one of those cool fat people. Fat and ugly people.. hrm.. Does anyone REALLY want to hang out with Leatherface or any of the greasy mafiosos? NO!

- Arkans

CrystalTears
02-16-2005, 04:53 PM
Your superficial attitude is not boding well for me today. Quit it. :P

Jorddyn
02-16-2005, 04:54 PM
Thin + thin != fat

Two thin people can definitely have a fat child, and two attractive people can definitely have an ugly child.

Jorddyn

02-16-2005, 05:38 PM
Not my fault I am feeling EXTRA shallow today.

- Arkans

PS: I will not feed my kid twinkies and ho-hos. My kid WILL have a decent diet.

Jorddyn
02-16-2005, 05:49 PM

You're a friggin' kiddie pool on your best day.

Good luck with that. My above wish still stands.

Jorddyn

02-16-2005, 05:53 PM
Hahaha.. Yeah, Jorddyn, I won't lie.. This is true.

I'm sorry that you would wish this on people that arn't even born yet. I'd consider you a million times worse of a person than I'll ever be. Burn in Hell for wishing that on someone else.

- Arkans

Jorddyn
02-16-2005, 05:59 PM
I'm sorry that you would wish this on people that arn't even born yet. I'd consider you a million times worse of a person than I'll ever be. Burn in Hell for wishing that on someone else.

I'm wishing it on you. Those of us who are fat and/or ugly don't see it as a horrible life ending disfiguration.

But, I'll gladly see you there :)

Jorddyn

02-16-2005, 06:03 PM
Because fat and ugly people don't suffer from self-esteem issues more readily than fit, good looking people. Glad you want psychological damage done on kids. Please don't project your bitterness on them.

- Arkans

Jorddyn
02-16-2005, 06:08 PM
Because fat and ugly people don't suffer from self-esteem issues more readily than fit, good looking people. Glad you want psychological damage done on kids. Please don't project your bitterness on them.

I find it amusing that you're so indignant about a comment I made about the children you may someday have, and yet you're quite free with your spew about real live people. If you're honestly concerned with how people are (or will be) treated, stop being an asshole. If you're not, then learn to take what you give.

Jorddyn

02-16-2005, 06:11 PM
I have something against innocent children being targetting by your bitterness. People can defend themselves, children cannot. Once again, keep your bitterness under control.

- Arkans

Jorddyn
02-16-2005, 06:16 PM
I have something against innocent children being targetting by your bitterness. People can defend themselves, children cannot. Once again, keep your bitterness under control.

Targetting innocent children: Child is born. I wish for child to have disfiguring accident.

Targetting you: You have no children. I hope that if you do, they are fat and ugly.

Additionally, it isn't bitterness. I just really like seeing people be all they can be, and I think you'd be a damn entertaining guy if you weren't such a shallow asshole.

Jorddyn

02-16-2005, 06:19 PM
Wait.. So wishing a poor appearance on a child is targetting me somehow? WTF? Please wish that I get acid splashed on my face rather than targetting my future kids.

- Arkans

Jorddyn
02-16-2005, 06:22 PM
Wait.. So wishing a poor appearance on a child is targetting me somehow? WTF? Please wish that I get acid splashed on my face rather than targetting my future kids.

I'll try to explain this a little differently. Let's say there's a bushel of apples. Some of those apples are perfect, some not so perfect, some terribly rotten.

I am wishing that when you reach into the barrel, you pull out a rotten apple. I am not wishing for apples to become rotten.

Jorddyn

Bobmuhthol
02-16-2005, 06:22 PM
<<Targetting you: You have no children. I hope that if you do, they are fat and ugly.>>

Assuming you also have no children, I hope that if you do, they imitate Adolf Hitler's every action, ending with millions dead, a suicide, and a living mother to blame it on.

Jorddyn
02-16-2005, 06:23 PM
<<Targetting you: You have no children. I hope that if you do, they are fat and ugly.>>

Assuming you also have no children, I hope that if you do, they imitate Adolf Hitler's every action, ending with millions dead, a suicide, and a living mother to blame it on.

I'll teach them not to act like you at quite the young age.

Jorddyn

02-16-2005, 06:25 PM
Unless you're too busy on the internet hoping that other children are horribly disfigured. Please do not project yourself on the young.

- Arkans

Jorddyn
02-16-2005, 06:27 PM
Unless you're too busy on the internet hoping that other children are horribly disfigured. Please do not project yourself on the young.

Is that all young, or just yours?

Jorddyn

02-16-2005, 06:27 PM
Never knew because of parents you want kids to suffer.

- Arkans

peam
02-16-2005, 06:28 PM
Drop the pissing contest now.

Bobmuhthol
02-16-2005, 06:31 PM
Hilary Duff should star in porn.

[Edited on 2-16-2005 by peam]

02-16-2005, 06:33 PM
Yes

DOUBLE Yes. (Edit: And me as co-star)

- Arkans

[Edited on 2-16-2005 by Arkans]

Jorddyn
02-16-2005, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by peam
Drop the pissing contest now.

It was just getting interesting.

Jorddyn

Tsa`ah
02-16-2005, 09:07 PM

- Arkans

Good to know you're an expert geneticist and have made some breakthrough discoveries that will enable you to predict, based off of your genetics and that of whatever woman who copulates with you, how your children will turn out.

Sorry ... doesn't work that way.

Bobmuhthol
02-16-2005, 09:08 PM
<<Sorry ... doesn't work that way.>>

Genetics works exactly that way, actually. That's why it exists.

Artha
02-16-2005, 09:15 PM
You can have great genes, but if you have shitty habits you're still going to be fat.

Bobmuhthol
02-16-2005, 09:17 PM
You have to be a real douche bag to not be able to stop yourself from being fat without inheriting it.

Tsa`ah
02-16-2005, 09:18 PM
<<Sorry ... doesn't work that way.>>

Genetics works exactly that way, actually. That's why it exists.

Sorry Bob, but we have a limited knowledge of markers in any sequence.

When Arkans delivers his DNA to some poor unsuspecting soul, there is absolutely no way to determine before hand what that child's matured physical stature will be. Unless both have a squeaky clean pedigree, said offspring has a chance of being born with any number of genetic tendencies or "flaw".

Said child could be born with mental retardation, slow metabolism ... whatever.

It's a game of dominance of recessives with genetics, and no one knows every aspect of the genetic baggage they carry.

Good to know that we have a 14 year old expert though. Bob said it, so that's how it is.

:jerkit:

02-16-2005, 09:19 PM
I will teach my kids excellent habits. I will not have a fatass for a kid. He will not wear sweat pants. He will not get the shit kicked out of him for his milk money.

- Arkans

Tsa`ah
02-16-2005, 09:20 PM
If he/she has the attitude you do? That child will probably have the shit kicked out of it daily.

Bobmuhthol
02-16-2005, 09:20 PM
<<Good to know that we have a 14 year old expert though. Bob said it, so that's how it is.>>

Yeah I forgot that my name was Gregor Mendel. He's going to be disappointed when he hears I've replaced him.

<<When Arkans delivers his DNA to some poor unsuspecting soul, there is absolutely no way to determine before hand what that child's matured physical stature will be.>>

There is, however, a very easy way to see what's likely to happen.

<<It's a game of dominance of recessives with genetics, and no one knows every aspect of the genetic baggage they carry.>>

Cool!!1111

Bobmuhthol
02-16-2005, 09:22 PM
<<If he/she has the attitude you do? That child will probably have the shit kicked out of it daily.>>

I don't know what it's like in Arkansas or whatever forgotten state you grew up in, but here in Massachusetts the people with "the attitude Arkans has" are the ones that can defend themselves.

Take a guess at how many fights I've lost.

Tsa`ah
02-16-2005, 09:24 PM
Picking fights with grade schoolers doesn't count Bob.

Bobmuhthol
02-16-2005, 09:26 PM
I don't understand how you could say that after being so confident about any child Arkans has being beat up.

02-16-2005, 09:31 PM
Fine, I'll put any ugly kids up for adoption?

- Arkans

Hulkein
02-16-2005, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Tsa`ah

Sorry Bob, but we have a limited knowledge of markers in any sequence.

When Arkans delivers his DNA to some poor unsuspecting soul, there is absolutely no way to determine before hand what that child's matured physical stature will be. Unless both have a squeaky clean pedigree, said offspring has a chance of being born with any number of genetic tendencies or "flaw".

Said child could be born with mental retardation, slow metabolism ... whatever.

It's a game of dominance of recessives with genetics, and no one knows every aspect of the genetic baggage they carry.

Good to know that we have a 14 year old expert though. Bob said it, so that's how it is.

:jerkit:

What we do know is that two thin people tend to have kids who will be thin, at least until they're old enough to make/buy their own food.

Bobmuhthol
02-16-2005, 09:37 PM
What you say doesn't matter, Hulkein. You're just in college. You're not an expert like Tsa`ah.

peam
02-16-2005, 09:39 PM
Drop it.

02-16-2005, 09:41 PM
Stop being wrong or stop being correct?

- Arkans

peam
02-16-2005, 09:46 PM
If you want to see who can piss the biggest stream about genetics and fat kids, start another thread.

Hulkein
02-16-2005, 09:47 PM
I'll play Edward 40-hands then pwn.

02-16-2005, 09:47 PM
:?::?::?::?::?::?::?:

- Arkans

Hulkein
02-16-2005, 09:48 PM
In the pissing contest.

:noob:

Slingblade
02-16-2005, 11:16 PM