PDA

View Full Version : Do I have demerit points or what?

Bobmuhthol
02-12-2005, 07:12 PM
My posts have been deleted/edited, but I've never been told I have demerit points. I'd rather not be banned suddenly so does anyone want to explain wtf is going on?

HarmNone
02-12-2005, 07:21 PM
I'm sure that if you make the effort not to break TOS, Bob, you have nothing to worry about.

Off-topic posts, while they may be deleted, do not accrue points, unless they form a pattern of disruptiveness.

You've been here long enough to know when you're riding the edge, Bob. You've been here long enough to know what you can post and what you can't. Whether or not you accrue points is, therefore, up to you.

I don't know how many demerit points you might have accrued, and neither does any other moderator. If you would like to U2U Kranar, he might tell you.

CrystalTears
02-12-2005, 07:26 PM
So does that mean that only Kranar assigns the demerit points and one would have to ask him if they have any?

If a warning is sent to someone for a post that was deleted or edited for content, I think it should include the amount of demerit points it created.

Bobmuhthol
02-12-2005, 07:29 PM
I'm not interested in making an effort to not break ToS as much as if I have demerit points or not already. I know I have at least one post worthy of demerits for telling it like it is about how repulsive a certain female poster looks.

<<If a warning is sent to someone for a post that was deleted or edited for content, I think it should include the amount of demerit points it created.>>

Kranar is definitely the authority on how many points a post gets, so the mod wouldn't be able to do anything about that. I just assumed/hoped that I'd be notified when it was decided upon.

Tsa`ah
02-12-2005, 07:31 PM
Common sense also tells you that when you receive a notice of deletion or edit, you would read it find out what violation you incurred.

Points assessed per violation are listed in the announcement folder as is an explanation of the system.

If the total number of demerits are listed in the violation folder for any particular person, I'm sure a mod would be happy to let that person know upon request. Kranar doesn't have time to update demerit counts on a daily basis, nor is there a need to as demerits are pretty rare.

HarmNone
02-12-2005, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears
So does that mean that only Kranar assigns the demerit points and one would have to ask him if they have any?

If a warning is sent to someone for a post that was deleted or edited for content, I think it should include the amount of demerit points it created.

Yes, CT. Kranar assigns the demerit points, and is the only one who knows who has what.

I believe, if demerit points are assessed, the poster is notified; however, Kranar would be the one to validate that.

Bobmuhthol
02-12-2005, 07:47 PM
<<Common sense also tells you that when you receive a notice of deletion or edit, you would read it find out what violation you incurred.>>

Great, thanks for that insight. You fucking idiot.

<<Points assessed per violation are listed in the announcement folder as is an explanation of the system.>>

TOO BAD I WAS NEVER TOLD THAT THE DELETION WAS APPROVED OR HOW MANY POINTS I GOT.

Tsa`ah
02-12-2005, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
<<Common sense also tells you that when you receive a notice of deletion or edit, you would read it find out what violation you incurred.>>

<<Points assessed per violation are listed in the announcement folder as is an explanation of the system.>>

TOO BAD I WAS NEVER TOLD THAT THE DELETION WAS APPROVED OR HOW MANY POINTS I GOT.

Really, what kind of moron are you?

If you recieve a notice, that notice tells you what the violation is.

What approval does the mod need from you or anyone?

If you post something that is considered objectionable content ... 1 - 3 points.

Use your fucking head and stop expecting the world to wipe your ass.

Bobmuhthol
02-12-2005, 07:57 PM
<<If you recieve a notice, that notice tells you what the violation is.>>

Great, thanks for the insight. You fucking idiot.

<<What approval does the mod need from you or anyone?>>

I guess that demotion fucked up your ability to think. You don't give demerit points. Your boss does. There's your approval, dumbass.

<<If you post something that is considered objectionable content ... 1 - 3 points.>>

Until you can tell me THE NUMBER THAT I RECEIVED INSTEAD OF HOW MANY I MIGHT HAVE RECEIVED, that doesn't do a fucking thing for me. What kind of moron are you?

Tsa`ah
02-12-2005, 08:03 PM
What's the point Bob ... outside of manipulating the system.

Perhaps next time you need to be clear, or U2U Kranar with your bull shit. When you post it ... people will call you on it as you are full of it.

Bobmuhthol
02-12-2005, 08:09 PM
<<What's the point Bob ... outside of manipulating the system.

Perhaps next time you need to be clear, or U2U Kranar with your bull shit. When you post it ... people will call you on it as you are full of it.>>

What the fuck are you even talking about? I'd like to know my demerit count, not how to "manipulate the system." Jesus, you should work for the Fucking Idiots Who Have No Idea What They're Talking About corporation.

And then punch yourself in the face for being so stupid after you become president.

Brattt8525
02-12-2005, 08:12 PM
Erm nothing to see here, move along :rolleyes:

edited to remove my fubar

[Edited on 2-13-2005 by Brattt8525]

SpunGirl
02-12-2005, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Tsa`ah
Common sense also tells you that when you receive a notice of deletion or edit, you would read it find out what violation you incurred.

Uhm. I had a few posts deleted about two weeks ago for being off-topic. The mod posted that he was going to delete them (it was a whole slew of posters, not just me) and did so.

I assumed I'd get a u2u about it, but I never did. I didn't see a reason to make an issue of it, but if I had gotten demerits, I'd like to know. I don't see how this fits, since I was deleted, did not receive a notice, so may or may not have incurred demerit points.

I know it's unlikely that I'll suddenly get all these points and find myself banned. But I think a standard way to handle posts that have been edited or deleted would be nice, as it does seem to be causing some confusion.

-K

Tsa`ah
02-12-2005, 08:44 PM
You're pointing to a thread scrubbing. If I'm cleaning up a thread, I generally don't send U2Us simply because of the time factor. I post in the thread stating that posts were deleted and why.

Unless it's something or someone, that is constantly derailing threads, it isn't even mentioned in the violation folder unless the subject and scrubbing happen repeatedly.

If you have a demerit worthy edit or deletion, you will receive notification.

Bobmuhthol
02-12-2005, 08:46 PM
<<If you have a demerit worthy edit or deletion, you will receive notification.>>

However, I'm not notified of my current status, or even how many points I got for a specific post. And so explains the creation of this thread.

Tsa`ah
02-12-2005, 08:49 PM
Yet you did not ask Kranar as it has been stated now and in the past.

Alfster
02-12-2005, 08:50 PM
I don't see what crawled up Tsa'ah's arse about Bob asking how he could find out how many demerit points he has.

From what I read, it sounded to me like Bob doesn't want to be banned again and he'd like to know if he has demerit points and I don't see how that would be "manipulating the system"

My advice, Tsa'ah, would be to remove your head from your own ass.

just my opinion though

Bobmuhthol
02-12-2005, 08:55 PM
<<Yet you did not ask Kranar as it has been stated now and in the past.>>

You don't complain when people make threads directed at a single member, but there's something wrong with me posting a problem I'm having that someone might be able to solve without going directly to Kranar? This is the Forum Concerns [and Discussion] folder, is it not?

02-12-2005, 09:00 PM
Here, 2 cents, :?: <--- That is me not understanding why we don't have a Warn % bar in the bottom-left of the Author Column. This would better serve to alert a poster to a quicker "oh-shit" mindset to discourage them from knowingly or unknowingly violating a policy up to the point at which a ban is laid down.

Tsa`ah
02-12-2005, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Alfster
I don't see what crawled up Tsa'ah's arse about Bob asking how he could find out how many demerit points he has.

From what I read, it sounded to me like Bob doesn't want to be banned again and he'd like to know if he has demerit points and I don't see how that would be "manipulating the system"

My advice, Tsa'ah, would be to remove your head from your own ass.

just my opinion though

Excuse? Comprehend much ... let me rehash for you.

I'm not interested in making an effort to not break ToS as much as if I have demerit points or not already. I know I have at least one post worthy of demerits for telling it like it is about how repulsive a certain female poster looks.

<<If a warning is sent to someone for a post that was deleted or edited for content, I think it should include the amount of demerit points it created.>>

Kranar is definitely the authority on how many points a post gets, so the mod wouldn't be able to do anything about that. I just assumed/hoped that I'd be notified when it was decided upon.

To which I reply:

Points assessed per violation are listed in the announcement folder as is an explanation of the system.

If the total number of demerits are listed in the violation folder for any particular person, I'm sure a mod would be happy to let that person know upon request. Kranar doesn't have time to update demerit counts on a daily basis, nor is there a need to as demerits are pretty rare.

Notice the lack of tone or insult.

To which Bob replies:

Let me explain something to you. When I answer a question or post in such a manner and that is returned by a reply as Bob did in the above ... I will or will not reply in whatever fucking manner I want.

If you don't like it ... take your head out of my ass and fuck off.

Bobmuhthol
02-12-2005, 09:16 PM
Next time you could try posting useful information.

Tsa`ah
02-12-2005, 09:17 PM
Next time you pull your head out of your ass and use it instead of drumming up drama like a little bitch.

peam
02-13-2005, 01:17 AM
How simple does he have to make it for you?

If you want your number of demerits, send Kranar a U2U.

If you're not an ass-sponge, you probably don't have to worry about demerits accumulating.

Sean
02-13-2005, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by SpunGirl

Uhm. I had a few posts deleted about two weeks ago for being off-topic. The mod posted that he was going to delete them (it was a whole slew of posters, not just me) and did so.

I assumed I'd get a u2u about it, but I never did. I didn't see a reason to make an issue of it, but if I had gotten demerits, I'd like to know. I don't see how this fits, since I was deleted, did not receive a notice, so may or may not have incurred demerit points.

I know it's unlikely that I'll suddenly get all these points and find myself banned. But I think a standard way to handle posts that have been edited or deleted would be nice, as it does seem to be causing some confusion.

-K

Although I can't respond telling you how many demerits you may or may not have I can say that the wording of the forum violation for off topic makes it seem like you will not recieve demerits for off topic posting until it becomes habitual. In your case if it was part of a thread cleaning that had strayed too far off topic I think it would be safe to assume you recieved no points. But the best bet to be sure would be to u2u, email, or IM kranar and ask.

Bobmuhthol
02-13-2005, 10:44 AM
<<If you want your number of demerits, send Kranar a U2U.>>

I didn't realize that telling me "common sense" tells me [...] had anything to do with saying I could contact Kranar.

<<If you're not an ass-sponge, you probably don't have to worry about demerits accumulating.>>

Why people always have to bring this up, I'll never know. I don't care. All I want is the notification of points, which apparently 0 people have gotten so far.

imported_Kranar
02-13-2005, 08:35 PM
You can request your violation count by sending me a U2U.

You get a warning when your violation count reaches a minimum of 10.

It is possible to get banned before receiving a warning if you commit a very serious violation or series of violations in a short amount of time.

Hulkein
02-13-2005, 08:41 PM
What's the point Bob ... outside of manipulating the system.

Perhaps next time you need to be clear, or U2U Kranar with your bull shit. When you post it ... people will call you on it as you are full of it.

Call him out on what?

He asked a question, you posted. It's ashame your post provided zero insight into what he was asking.

How long are you going to have a crush on Bob?

It's weird....

Bobmuhthol
02-13-2005, 08:42 PM
Thanks, Kranar.

Tsa`ah
02-13-2005, 08:44 PM
Comprehension problems as well guy?

What's so hard to comprehend about this?

Sean of the Thread
02-13-2005, 09:33 PM
Comprehension problems as well guy?

What's so hard to comprehend about this?

Tsa'ob you're so fucking uber!!!