PDA

View Full Version : Back Rooms of Shops

connoisseur78
02-12-2005, 09:37 AM
It's been about 5 years since I've played Gemstone, and I've forgotten so many things. I distinctly remember being able to access better items in many of the shops, but I can't remember how I was able to. Any help would be appreciated!

AnticorRifling
02-12-2005, 10:12 AM
You need to purchase items from the shop until the shopkeeper starts getting friendly. He/she will be like Hey there Anticor(or your name) I've got some nice items in the backroom today. Or whatever the message is, then you just type backroom and you get that list.

The weapon shop in the armory would be an easy place to start, just buy a ton of daggers until you get that message.

connoisseur78
02-16-2005, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the help. I've gotten 4 backrooms now. I had a question about the general store backroom, they were selling a smooth stone, so I bought one. I can't figure out what the heck it does! Any special features, or did I get ripped off?

02-16-2005, 08:42 PM
Used to inscribe runes for demonic summoning.

- Arkans

Kainen
02-16-2005, 08:42 PM
I don't all the uses, but you can sharpen piercing needles with em, or use them to make runestones if you are a sorcerer. But to be honest with as many as I find in boxes and stuff.. I would never buy one.