PDA

View Full Version : This guy rocks

GarrsSoul
09-14-2003, 12:16 AM
take a look at this guys description: You see Zildigur duLeone the Cleric.
He appears to be a Giantman of the Araime Clan.
He appears to be young and taller than average. He has sparkling crystal green eyes and rosy skin. He has raggedly cut, frizzy bright red hair with a white streak running through it. He has a square-jawed face, a bulbous nose and deep laugh lines.
He has a tattooed symbol of Cholen on his forearm, a tattooed symbol of Voln on his forearm, and a frozen mule tattoo on his ear.
He is in good shape.
He is holding a plain red tongue in his right hand and a gold-trimmed crimson krodera shield emblazoned with a majestic Z-shaped rainbow symbol in his left hand.
He is wearing some brown leggings, a silver-bound bloodjewel anklet, a gaudy signet ring with a Z-shaped symbol framed by a pair of laughing faces, a delicate gold vaalin chain, a crimson hooded cloak embroidered on the back with a gold z-shaped symbol over a swirling rainbow pattern, a gold-trimmed patchwork overcoat fastened with a whimsical clown-shaped clasp, some gold-trimmed crimson leathers emblazoned with a golden z-shaped symbol held up high by a cackling cleric, a satin-lined crimson belt with a Z-shaped golden buckle, a strand of gleaming golden skeletons, a veniom-plated Ilyan Cloud charm, a White Haven bear head pin, a mithril juggernaut pin, an intricate gold rose, a black silk ruby-buttoned vest, a wrinkled pink raving lunatic costume, a smiling raving lunatic mask, a pair of oversized crimson boots accented with glittering golden trim, some dapper black leather suspenders, a black-etched gold vaalin nightingale, some humongous red wax lips, a gigantic clown-shaped satchel with a big red button nose and a grin stitched from side to side, a fuzzy white rolton coat adorned with intricately carved diamond-encrusted Z-shaped buttons, a glittering golden imflass thigh-sheath, a gigantic clown-shaped waistpouch, a glittering golden pouch, a big fake wart, a pair of white cotton gloves fastened at the cuffs by glittering jester-shaped gold buttons, a crimson satin jacket with gold trim and tiny bright red buttons, a tall gold-wrapped hat, a white-sleeved crimson leather doublet fastened with intricately carved large gold buttons, a dark-eyed crimson lizard, a garish multi-colored scarf, a deep crimson silk sash, a pair of large round spectacles, some patch-work cotton bib overalls, a gold-etched ora armband intricately carved with a crimson Z-shaped pattern, a stiff black clerical collar, a threadbare zombie handpuppet, a gold-trimmed crimson leather harness embossed with intricate zigzag patterns along the strap, a loose-fitting red cotton jerkin riddled with glittering Z-shaped patterns in various sizes, a gigantic clown-shaped backpack, a ruby-inset golden scabbard, a red rubber nose, a silver-edged pure white jade bracelet, and a ruby clasped oversized neck pouch.

Methais
09-14-2003, 12:22 AM
I really hope the subject line was a joke.

HarmNone
09-14-2003, 12:29 AM
He had better be able to roleplay, because he certainly cannot dress himself! :D

HarmNone

Adhara
09-14-2003, 12:40 AM
I knew this guy. Never was close friends or anything but we chit chatted on the node. He was really funny if I remember well. I thought he had stopped playing because I haven't seen him in like 2 years.

Back
09-14-2003, 01:21 AM
Should have been a ranger. Then he could cast 606 and wear more stuff.

Tendarian
09-14-2003, 03:10 AM
Didnt he used to MA and had all his others the same as him? Zildigur Zildigar Zildigirl and so on and so forth.

Artha
09-14-2003, 07:53 AM
God, he has more crap than you do Garr.

SpunGirl
09-14-2003, 08:42 PM
I knew someone who RPed a collecter-type who wore things like warrior guild pins, when he was a ranger, and the like. It was funny. Maybe that's what this guy is doing.

-K

HarmNone
09-14-2003, 08:45 PM
Anybody else remember Ravenstorm in his heyday? Looking at him would strike one blind. :D

HarmNone missed old Ravenstorm

GarrsSoul
09-15-2003, 03:20 AM
eh...I dont wear that much stuff, Artha

Drew2
09-15-2003, 03:33 AM
Garr isn't it past your bed time?

Betheny
09-15-2003, 04:37 AM
What would you define as acceptable to wear, Garr? Why don't you rearrange dude's outfit and show us... ;)

GarrsSoul
09-15-2003, 04:55 AM
i could care less what other people wear...some people try to have the whole "outfit" thing going whereas others just wear the things that they think look good....i am the latter

Drew2
09-15-2003, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by GarrsSoul
i could care less what other people wear...some people try to have the whole "outfit" thing going whereas others just wear the things that they think look good....i am the latter

A.k.a. Fluff Whores.

Betheny
09-15-2003, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by GarrsSoul

OK then just tell us what was wrong with what you posted about dude?

Khaitiff
09-15-2003, 06:13 AM
I see Garr with a spot on the show, Queer eye for the straight guy.

Betheny
09-15-2003, 09:52 AM
I see the guy has a lot of Z crap, but maybe he doesn't care he looks like crap. I'm just wondering what exactly it is Garr thinks we should poke fun at.

StrayRogue
09-15-2003, 09:55 AM
I stopped reading after the third line, as I do anyone. More than four lines and I switch off. My estimations of their intelligence and RP abilities drop instantly as well (this also applies to correct inventory order).

Betheny
09-15-2003, 10:07 AM
I tend to look at people with inventories in order, and of a decent size. As in, not too long. There's no saying what's too long, though. Maimara's inventory can be quite long, but I tend to think it's worth looking through, as her items aren't redundant or uninteresting.

StrayRogue
09-15-2003, 10:11 AM
You might be wearing the fucking Turin Shroud for all I know, but if its under 15 lines of txt, don't expect me to notice it. This is similar to people who wear only long descript items.

Betheny
09-15-2003, 10:12 AM
Rooooowr.

What is the fucking Turin Shroud?

StrayRogue
09-15-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Maimara
Rooooowr.

What is the fucking Turin Shroud?

What do they teach you in your schools beyond basic gun handling techniques?

Betheny
09-15-2003, 10:17 AM
I wouldn't know, it isn't like I've ever touched a gun before.

Are we still upset about the Revolutionary War?

StrayRogue
09-15-2003, 10:19 AM
The Turin Shroud is believed to be the cloth that wrapped the crucified body of Jesus of Nazareth. It is the single most studied, debated and well known religious artifact on the planet.

[Edited on 15-9-03 by StrayRogue]

AnticorRifling
09-15-2003, 10:23 AM
Hey wait a minute. I knew that and I went to school in the States :cool:

I wear about 6 lines of stuff on my screen so it's probably more like 7 on other people's screen since I have a big monitor. I keep it in order from head to toe and I think I only have one long descrip item which is my signet ring.

Methais
09-15-2003, 11:30 AM
I hate long description items. I have a few of my own but I only keep em on cause either it's a scripted item I like, or it's an old item I've had forever, or a container I just haven't found a replacement for yet.

I didn't always hate long description items, but whenever I go through my inventory of stuff I'm wearing to try to trim it down, it just never LOOKS trimmed down cause of the stupid long descriptions.

Then there's people like Psionix and Setzier (both GMs now), Nanna, pre-sold Fisdan, etc. that had almost nothing BUT long description items. Talk about screen scroll.

The fact that most long description (hell even show items too) items look pretty stupid anyway. They might sound cool looking, but if you actually think about a vine-stitched cloak embroidered with a picture of a dark elven ranger standing over a fallen empath while fighting off hordes of evil undead under the watchful eyes of Lorminstra, it just looks really dumb when you picture a cloak with a picture of that on it.

CrystalTears
09-15-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Methais
The fact that most long description (hell even show items too) items look pretty stupid anyway. They might sound cool looking, but if you actually think about a vine-stitched cloak embroidered with a picture of a dark elven ranger standing over a fallen empath while fighting off hordes of evil undead under the watchful eyes of Lorminstra, it just looks really dumb when you picture a cloak with a picture of that on it.

:lol: My sentiments exactly. I never was fond of people putting these elaborate pictures on their cloaks or backpacks. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who hates that trend.

Warriorbird
09-15-2003, 05:35 PM
Depends on the item. Some of them can be pretty evocative....but bad shows are at least sort've concealed.

Vesi
09-15-2003, 06:04 PM
I've been known to use alters to take words out of items I have. I have one of the consolation cloaks from the Promise. It was a tan hooded leather cloak. I was picked for an alter and had tan taken out.

I also dress head to toe. To me I just like the order. Guess it's a personal preference.

Vesi

GarrsSoul
09-15-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Maimara
I see the guy has a lot of Z crap, but maybe he doesn't care he looks like crap. I'm just wondering what exactly it is Garr thinks we should poke fun at.

Im not saying you should poke fun at anything, i find most of his things quite funny, and i posted it...thats all i was tryin to do

Khaitiff
09-15-2003, 07:58 PM
Right which shows your a dumbass and we all enjoyed it.

Bestatte
09-15-2003, 10:02 PM
The few alters I had, I tried to keep them short and simple. For my character's wedding, it was meant to be this weird pagan-style ritual ceremony involving blood oaths and stuff. I think Juspera's website has a log of it.

I carried something like "a wooden ritual dagger" and wore a fairly plain-looking robe. I had some sort of purse with maybe 4 words on the object name total, and if I remember right I went barefoot. That was it. My character's groom got me a "hoary" belt, which unfortunatly most people would assume was a misspelling of "whorey" so I didn't wear it and actually gave it away at some point because I knew I'd never wear it.

Even the "look" descriptions on my things were pretty short; 2-4 lines total.

My first character Jasminepetal was really into the glittery golden look, and I stupidly had EVERYTHING I owned dyed to be glittery golden. Man that was just a total eyesore. Another character was all about white clothing. My bardess had a thing for purple, and even had a purple mace she named Rover (yes, she was blunt trained, and damned good at it).

Generally though, I never cared much for long descriptions or long names on objects. One or two adjectives, OR one adjective with a very brief trail (like.. a purple mace with sharp modwir spikes)... and if the alteration came with a "look" description I'd give it anywhere from 2-4 lines max.

You can stuff a lot of description into 4 lines of text, so I never saw the point in stretching it out.