PDA

View Full Version : Doubletalk about Iran.

Warriorbird
02-09-2005, 10:36 AM
No, we're not going to Iran. Really!

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/02/09/rice.iran.ap/index.html

I find this particularly ironic after the vigorous denials.

I suppose it's what we have to do to keep
Iraq from going to the Shiites. I wonder how
they're going to feel about it, however.

DeV
02-09-2005, 10:45 AM
Tripple talk about Iran is even more appropriate.

Warriorbird
02-09-2005, 10:56 AM
Yeah. "Diplomacy through media channels."

Parkbandit
02-09-2005, 11:18 AM
And you would have us do what?

We are trying to solve the Iran Crisis through diplomatic channels.. something we tried in Iraq for 12 years. Didn't work out there, but that is the way we still operate.

DeV
02-09-2005, 11:46 AM
We are trying to be diplomatic with a country who has proven themselves unworthy or diplomacy, for YEARS. Yep... that's the ticket.

xtc
02-09-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Parkbandit

We are trying to solve the Iran Crisis through diplomatic channels.. something we tried in Iraq for 12 years. Didn't work out there, but that is the way we still operate.

Yeah diplomacy, after we funded Saddam, helped in his rise to power and gave him weapons. Create a maniac and we are surprised when he turns on us.

Invade Iran just what we need, another war. How many other nations can we piss off.

Back
02-09-2005, 11:50 AM

Curious. What do you think we were trying to accomplish with Iraq for over 12 years?

Latrinsorm
02-09-2005, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by DeV
We are trying to be diplomatic with a country who has proven themselves unworthy or diplomacy, for YEARS. Yep... that's the ticket. So you're saying we should invade? I don't follow.

02-09-2005, 12:34 PM
Hrm... Send the Iraqis first though.. I'm down.

- Arkans

DeV
02-09-2005, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm

Originally posted by DeV
We are trying to be diplomatic with a country who has proven themselves unworthy or diplomacy, for YEARS. Yep... that's the ticket. So you're saying we should invade? I don't follow. If that's all you got from my post then you should continue not following.

I'm saying we need to be firm with this country. They have fucked us more than Iraq ever has yet we continue to be diplimatic.

Latrin, word of thought, invasion is not the answer to everything and some countries just don't deserve diplomacy. Cut them off at the knees.

02-09-2005, 12:44 PM
We tried that with Iraq, but the French, Russians, and Germans were like.. OH SHIT LETS NOT LISTEN TO THIS IDEA!!!1

- Arkans

Back
02-09-2005, 12:46 PM
Again, what were we trying to accomplish with Iraq diplomatically that did not work that lead to our invading them?

02-09-2005, 12:47 PM
Since my stance is known on that issue, I'll just respond with a condensed version, "To stop them from being asshats"

- Arkans

Parkbandit
02-09-2005, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by DeV

Originally posted by DeV
We are trying to be diplomatic with a country who has proven themselves unworthy or diplomacy, for YEARS. Yep... that's the ticket. So you're saying we should invade? I don't follow. If that's all you got from my post then you should continue not following.

I'm saying we need to be firm with this country. They have fucked us more than Iraq ever has yet we continue to be diplimatic.

Latrin, word of thought, invasion is not the answer to everything and some countries just don't deserve diplomacy. Cut them off at the knees.

LOL.. yea, because cutting them off at the knees worked in Iraq so well.

I wish I lived in your fantasy world DeV.. things are so damn easy!!

DeV
02-09-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Arkans
We tried that with Iraq, but the French, Russians, and Germans were like.. OH SHIT LETS NOT LISTEN TO THIS IDEA!!!1

- Arkans Ok.. to play Devils Advocate here.. why are we doing the same damn thing that failed with Iraq now with a country that has a very close and dangerous history with the United States, terrorism, bombings, WMD, kidnapping of American citizens and so on.

So now we are playing the diplomacy game... again.
Where that will lead... ?

Parkbandit
02-09-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Backlash
Again, what were we trying to accomplish with Iraq diplomatically that did not work that lead to our invading them?

We wanted them to comply with the terms of "surrender" after the first Gulf War. They did not.

Tsa`ah
02-09-2005, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Arkans
Since my stance is known on that issue, I'll just respond with a condensed version, "To stop them from being asshats"

- Arkans

Eventually someone will step up and force us to stop being asshats.

[Edited on 2-9-2005 by Tsa`ah]

Tsa`ah
02-09-2005, 12:54 PM

We wanted them to comply with the terms of "surrender" after the first Gulf War. They did not.

They didn't? Did we find the WMDs?

DeV
02-09-2005, 12:55 PM

Originally posted by DeV

Originally posted by DeV

LOL.. yea, because cutting them off at the knees worked in Iraq so well.

I wish I lived in your fantasy world DeV.. things are so damn easy!! LOL.. yea because diplomacy is a much better plan in dealing with this very diplomatic country. :rolleyes:

Iraq is a completely different country and its a different ball game. I'm glad I don't live in your fantasy world and glad you don't live in mine.
You make is seem as if going to war is *just that easy*. Don't be stupid.

Back
02-09-2005, 01:16 PM

Which terms of surrender were those?

Parkbandit
02-09-2005, 01:16 PM
So DeV, please instill your absolute BRILLIANCE in diplomatic affairs and come up with a plan to deal with:

1) Iraq

2) Iran

3) Korea

4) China

Thanks in advance. I'll be sure to forward your responses to Dr. Rice so she too can gain valuable insight as to how things should be handled.

By the way, when are you going to go work for the State Department.. since you know it all?? I am sure our country can use you.

DeV
02-09-2005, 01:20 PM
No, you first PB. I leave the brilliance of diplomacy up to our wonderful government of these fair United States.

How about you state how you would handle the situation since you seem to think I think I know it all. I clearly don't and you clearly don't. As long as you can get that through your thick skull we can continue to debate the ways in which our government handles diplomacy and whether or not we agree with it or each other.

By the way... I take it, you agree with our being diplomatic with Iran. Which is the same as NOT GOING TO WAR at this point and instead trying to come up with a plan to avoid that. In My Opinion.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Please.

Parkbandit
02-09-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by DeV
No, you first PB. I leave the brilliance of diplomacy up to our wonderful government of these fair United States.

How about you state how you would handle the situation since you seem to think I think I know it all. I clearly don't and you clearly don't. As long as you can get that through your thick skull we can continue to debate the ways in which our government handles diplomacy and whether or not we agree with it or each other.

By the way... I take it, you agree with our being diplomatic with Iran. Which is the same as NOT GOING TO WAR at this point and instead trying to come up with a plan to avoid that. In My Opinion.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Please.

I don't continuosly question the current administration as you do.. so the burden would be placed on your little shoulders. I see now.. if this administration is doing it.. then IT IS BAD!! BOO BUSH!! BOOO!!!!

As far as my opinion about Iran? Yea, I think we need to bring around some stiffer sanctions and continue to find a diplomatic answer. I will add though that if there is very strong and credible evidence that they are building a nuclear weapons program.. we need to ensure that program is shut down by any means necessary. Period.

peam
02-09-2005, 01:29 PM
I vote on taking pictures of a few trailers, calling them mobile nuclear weapons labs, and then blowing the country up.

DeV
02-09-2005, 01:35 PM
so :wtf: Stiffer sanctions, at this point... you agree with me as far as that goes. I said cut them off at the knees and perhaps I should have been clearer but that would definitely be cutting them off, IMO.

I have no qualms about our government taking action when it is necessary, by any means possible, as long as war is used as a last resort. That's just my little opinion though.

The burden doesn't lie on my shoulders. It lies on the shoulders of those we, I, help to elect into office to represent our needs. So, it's ok to have an opinion as long as I agree with everything the administration does but the minute I don't agree , it's boo fucking hoo. Ok then, I can deal with that as long as I get to continue expressing it, I will. Deal with it.

Backlash or WB started a thread about Good News in politics or something to that effect. I don't see you posting anything in that thread about all the great things the administration is doing. Maybe you should get busy with that.

Parkbandit
02-09-2005, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by DeV
The burden doesn't lie on my shoulders. It lies on the shoulders of those we, I, help to elect into office to represent our needs. So, it's ok to have an opinion as long as I agree with everything the administration does but the minute I don't agree , it's boo fucking hoo. Ok then, I can deal with that as long as I get to continue expressing it, I will. Deal with it.

Since this is a debate and you disagree with how this administration handles many foreign affairs.. the burden is on your shoulders. Since I agree with how the administration is handling the situations.. I've already stated my case. I have no qualm with anyone questioning the Government.. as long as they are not questioning everything at every turn because their party didn't win. I had the same problem with the way Republicans were dealing with Clinton. There's your boo fucking hoo.

Warriorbird
02-09-2005, 01:49 PM
It's funny that you pull that out again, Parkbandit. "What would you do?" If someone answers you'll just say, "that won't work."

I actually think we need to invade Iran if we mean to further this agenda... I think what we're seeing here is efforts at justification. Sort've funny. I also wonder what the Shiite Iraqis will think of us when we strike their brethren. I'm curious to see what response Iraqis'd give if some of our contingent of soldiers asked.

DeV
02-09-2005, 01:50 PM
:lol: I just stated my opinion.. we happen to hold the VERY same one. In that case, fuck off with the burden on your shoulders bit, it's played in this case. I already told you what I thought, and you already agree, Einstein.

If everything was questioned at every turn, the off topics folder would be unbearable. By the way, any good news to add to the GOOD NEWS folder? Still working on it I'll assume.

Parkbandit
02-09-2005, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by DeV
By the way, any good news to add to the GOOD NEWS folder? Still working on it I'll assume.

I didn't realize you hang on my every post DeV. While I am flattered, it does make me a bit uncomfortable knowing I have a stalker out there. :P

The topic was the hopeful peace.. and I've already posted my thoughts about that. Once again, I believe the administration is handling that in the responsible way.

DeV
02-09-2005, 02:23 PM
I didn't realize you hang on my every post DeV. While I am flattered, it does make me a bit uncomfortable knowing I have a stalker out there. :P

The topic was the hopeful peace.. and I've already posted my thoughts about that. Once again, I believe the administration is handling that in the responsible way. To sum it up, you've got nothing.

Don't flatter yourself. Keeping wishing I hang on your every post. And remember that the next time you decide to respond to something I post, FIRST. Funny how that worked.

Parkbandit
02-09-2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by DeV

The topic was the hopeful peace.. and I've already posted my thoughts about that. Once again, I believe the administration is handling that in the responsible way. To sum it up, you've got nothing.

Don't flatter yourself. Keeping wishing I hang on your every post. And remember that the next time you decide to respond to something I post, FIRST. Funny how that worked.

You make baby Jesus cry.

:sniffle::sniffle::sniffle:

02-09-2005, 02:37 PM
If i didnt know better I would say DEV wants us to attack Iran

Parkbandit
02-09-2005, 02:38 PM
Also.. you need to get with Bayne so we can get you into our guild. I want YOU to be Bayne's milking bitch.

:P

DeV
02-09-2005, 02:47 PM
Fuck you for making me laugh PB. Damnit!

offtopic: School is kicking my ass already so I haven't been in WoW lately but I promised Sergey I'd get in and join the guild. Still working on that, hopefully tonight!

DeV
02-09-2005, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Dave
If i didnt know better I would say DEV wants us to attack Iran Reading and comprehension Dave. Work on it.

Tsa`ah
02-09-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by DeV
Reading and comprehension Dave. Work on it.

Stop stealing my advice.

Latrinsorm
02-09-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by DeV

Latrin, word of thought, invasion is not the answer to everything and some countries just don't deserve diplomacy. Cut them off at the knees. All I remember is hearing about all them kids and suchlike starving under those sanction things. I don't see how there are any peaceful answers besides diplomacy, or acceptable ones, for that matter. Probably why I shouldn't be in charge. :)

DeV
02-09-2005, 03:41 PM
All I remember is hearing about all them kids and suchlike starving under those sanction things. I don't see how there are any peaceful answers besides diplomacy, or acceptable ones, for that matter. Probably why I shouldn't be in charge. :) I heard that happens in some parts of Africa every day without sanctions and suchlike. Even in America. Forgive my apathy about this particular situation.