PDA

View Full Version : OHE Ambusher - LS vs. Falc

Vad
02-05-2005, 07:51 PM
Any thoughts on the differences between ambushing with a longsword versus a falchion based weap? From what I understand, ambushing with a falc will never give an RT below 6, while longswords are 5.. it's a difference of one second, is it really significant? Will it make up for the presence of puncture damage on longswords, or is puncture not as heavy a handicap as it is made out to be? I've run into several creatures that were immune to puncture wounds, but how commonplace are they? Any feedback appreciated.

-V

AnticorRifling
02-05-2005, 09:11 PM
I say go with a handaxe or falchion. 6 seconds and you kill it or you can swing 1 second faster and then have to hide, ambush again. :cool:

Gan
02-05-2005, 10:52 PM
I used a longsword for almost 40 trainings. I've now switched to a veniom hilted falchion (5x, somewhat damage weighted). I wont be going back.

Also I think the minimum rt regardless of blades and the what used to be 5 second rt for longswords is not 6 seconds flat. I could be wrong but I believe with GS4 that the min rt ambush was 6.

drigore
02-06-2005, 07:22 PM
I'd have to say a falchion/handaxe against anything in plate, but for anything less, shortswords and daggers do rather well, as long as it's around your level or less. Due to the sliding crit scale, anything that's substantially over your head, it's still a like a wet noodle.