PDA

View Full Version : Jenovadeath vs. Ablen.

Liberi Fatali
02-02-2005, 08:22 PM
I posted this on the 'real' boards. I forgot that a majority of you do not play Gemstone anymore, so I'll copy and paste it from there to here.

I'm not sure which GM is playing Ablen, but I'm sure he's fed up with me at this point. The other day, however, it was just Ablen and I in the same room. Just the two of us. It reminded me from a scene in a movie, perhaps King Arthur, where two enemies eyes meet each other in the middle of a battle (the invasion). I really didn't know what to say. I kept typing things out, and then quickly erasing them. I think he may have just stepped away from his computer, or something similar, but we both just stood there, not moving or anything.

Heh! I think we can make a movie out of the battles I've had with him. I can just hear Carl Orff's "O Fortuna" playing as the epic battle unfolds:

[Solhaven, Abalone Street]
Throngs of people travel westward towards the Market Square and the shouts of peddlers hawking their wares reach your ears. The unmistakable scent of chocolate wafts from the doorway of a small, whitewashed shop on the north side of the street. To the east you can see the hulking facade of the Solhaven Inn. You also see a dark bronze blade.
Also here: Jenovadeath
Obvious paths: east, west
>
A deliberate human templar stumbles in, muttering a curse to himself.
>l
>
Throngs of people travel westward towards the Market Square and the shouts of peddlers hawking their wares reach your ears. The unmistakable scent of chocolate wafts from the doorway of a small, whitewashed shop on the north side of the street. To the east you can see the hulking facade of the Solhaven Inn. You also see a deliberate human templar and a dark bronze blade.
Also here: Jenovadeath
>
Jenovadeath traces a sign that contorts in the air while he forcefully incants a dark invocation...
>
Jenovadeath exclaims, "Filthy blood of revenge, inject! Nightmare!"
>
Jenovadeath gestures at a deliberate human templar.
CS: +494 - TD: +225 + CvA: -10 + d100: +9 == +268
Warding failed!
A shiver passes through a deliberate human templar.
>
Lord Ablen just arrived.
>
A deliberate human templar screams out in pain!
A deliberate human templar holds its chest in pain.
>
Jenovadeath drops all defense as he moves into a battle-ready stance.
>
Jenovadeath swings a veniom-hilted longsword at a deliberate human templar!
AS: +460 vs DS: +226 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +45 = +311
... and hits for 118 points of damage!
Powerful slash!
The deliberate human templar's left leg is severed at the knee!
A deliberate human templar falls to the ground grasping his mangled left leg!
The deliberate human templar is stunned!
>
Jenovadeath glares darkly, a murderous glint in his eyes as his lips tighten into a cool sneer.
>cower
You cower wretchedly, even in the safety of the shadows.
>
(Jenovadeath's eyes raise from the helpless templar, up to Ablen, whom remains calm at the otherside of the battlefield. They stare fiercely at each other.)
>
Ablen says, "Leave him, insect."
>
You feel more refreshed.
>
(Jenovadeath lifts his head slowly at these words in an insulted manner.)
>
Jenovadeath grins coldly, his eyes reflecting no emotion.
>
A deliberate human templar cries out in agony!
>
Jenovadeath says, "Finally..."
>
Jenovadeath slowly empties his lungs.
>
(Jenovadeath stealthily readies his sword in an attacking position, hovering ominously above the templar's head. The dark Sorcerer thrusts it downward, tearing through the back of the templar's neck and protruding it through the front.)
>
Jenovadeath swings a veniom-hilted longsword at a deliberate human templar!
AS: +460 vs DS: +185 with AvD: +38 + d100 roll: +86 = +399
... and hits for 125 points of damage!
Incredible slash to the templar's neck!
Throat and vocal cords destroyed!
Zero chance of survival.
A deliberate human templar raises his hand in a futile effort to grasp something, then expires.
>
Jenovadeath glances at Ablen.
>
(Jenovadeath forces his longsword deeper and deeper into the templar's throat so that the hilt is touching the back of the templar's neck. Satisfied, he withdraws the sword from the warm layers of flesh and blood.)
>
Jenovadeath says, "...A man worth killing."
>
Ablen says, "You will pay for that, insect."
>
A bedraggled scout drags the corpse of a deliberate human templar away hurriedly.
>
Jenovadeath moves into a defensive stance, ready to fend off an attack.
>
(Jenovadeath says, "I have killed more people than you could possibly imagine," he tilts his longsword slightly to examine it. "Enough blood has been spilled from this sword to quench the thirst of a thousand soldiers. Know this, Paladin. It's not how many you kill that determines how despicable you are, it's---".)
>
Jenovadeath says, "...Who you kill."
>
Jenovadeath laughs softly, trying to hide his amusement.
>
Ablen says, "Silence, insect."
>
Jenovadeath says, "Let us begin, then."
>l
>
Throngs of people travel westward towards the Market Square and the shouts of peddlers hawking their wares reach your ears. The unmistakable scent of chocolate wafts from the doorway of a small, whitewashed shop on the north side of the street. To the east you can see the hulking facade of the Solhaven Inn. You also see a dark bronze blade.
Also here: Lord Ablen, Jenovadeath
>l jenova
You see Jenovadeath Nattak the Sorcerer.
He appears to be a Dark Elf.
He appears to be wizened with age. He has piercing dark eyes and pale skin. He has very short, shiny silver hair with a black streak running through it. He has a bony face, a small nose and thin-tipped pointed ears.
He has a krolvin slave ship tattoo on his neck, and a leering black demon tattoo on his arm.
He is in good shape.
He is holding a malevolent, bile-green onyx and veniom-hilted longsword splattered with the blood of gremlin-slayers in his right hand and a black coffin-shaped tower shield covered in bloody handprints in his left hand.
He is wearing a crimson tinted crystal sphere enclosing a tiny black rose, a crystal amulet, a weathered kobold ear fetish, a spiraling black wire rose pin, some padded black leather boots intricately tooled with an image of a raging tempest, a twisted silver-link anklet, a heavy dark wool shirt with long narrow sleeves, a winged silver helm, a darkened sack with the image of a gem encrusted morning star stitched in fine silver thread, a pair of grey wolfskin trousers with piping of deep green snakeskin running down the seams, a hand-crafted dark leather rucksack faded from exposure to the elements, and a leather breastplate with a magnificent drake tooled on the chest.
>
l ablen
You see Ablen Clipaeum the Solar Templar.
He appears to be a Human.
He appears to be mature and taller than average. He has gold-flecked pale blue eyes and golden brown skin. He has shoulder length, straight honey blonde hair with bangs that frame the top of his face. He has a straight freckled nose and a trimmed, thick sunstreaked goatee.
He has a tiny sun-shaped mark on his neck.
He is in good shape.
He is holding a polished invar claidhmore in his right hand.
He is wearing a sun-shaped pendant hanging from a malachite neckchain, a turquoise and gold sunburst symbol, a polished black shield set with a golden sunburst in its center, a gold-trimmed white hooded mantle, a bloodied rag tied tightly around his left arm, some crossed leather back-sheaths, a weathered leather satchel, a gold wristchain, a gold-traced white silk tabard, a burnished rolaren-link hauberk, a blackworked white linen sack, a pair of loose gold-trimmed linen pants sashed with a length of dark blue silk, and some laced black leather boots.
>
(Jenovadeath exhales slowly. Like a miniature cloud, his breath hangs for a moment in front of his face, before dispersing into the air. He quickly reaches for his sword, his hand rattling against the veniom-hilt, and lunges at Ablen! Ablen raises his invar claidhmore, and with a terrible *CLANG* the two weapons collide, sending a dazzling array of sparks soaring off into the distance!)
>
Jenovadeath swings a veniom-hilted longsword at Ablen!
Ablen parries the attack with his claidhmore!
>
Ablen smirks.
>
Ablen swings a polished invar claidhmore at Jenovadeath!
Jenovadeath evades the attack!
>
Jenovadeath says, "Come, Ablen. Show me your courage."
>
>
Jenovadeath swings a veniom-hilted longsword at Ablen!
Ablen parries the attack with his claidhmore!
>
Jenovadeath exclaims, "Enough of this! You're merely toying! I shall burn a true vision of horror into that empty head of yours!"
>
Jenovadeath slings a black coffin-shaped tower shield covered in bloody handprints over his shoulder.
>
Jenovadeath put a malevolent, bile-green onyx and veniom-hilted longsword splattered with the blood of gremlin-slayers in his darkened sack.
>
With a flourish, Jenovadeath crosses his arms in front of him, and suddenly a pair of blades appear in his hands seemingly from nowhere. He brandishes his weapons with an air of confidence.
>l
>
>
Jenovadeath exclaims, "I will make you bleed more than a female halfling who has just shed her endometrium!"
>
Jenovadeath traces a sign that contorts in the air while he forcefully incants a dark invocation...
>
Jenovadeath exclaims, "Aurora, exhale bloody air! Blood Burst!"
>
Jenovadeath gestures at Ablen.
CS: +494 - TD: +350 + CvA: -2 + d100: +55 == +197
Warding failed!
A ragged wound rips open Ablen's jugular, which begins spurting blood.
>
You feel more refreshed.
>cringe
You cringe inwardly.
>
Ablen pauses for a moment before raising his hands toward the sky.
>
A roaring ball of fire streaks through the air and strikes Jenovadeath!
... 40 points of damage!
Left leg burned off at the knee. Ouch.
Jenovadeath falls screaming to the ground grasping his mangled left leg!
He is stunned!
>
AS: +489 vs DS: +744 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +55 = -166
A clean miss.
>
>
Jenovadeath jumps to his feet.
Jenovadeath reaches for an imaginary opponent and then does an impressive display of the martial arts technique of the throw.
>
Jenovadeath says, "If death is what you seek, then you shall have it."
>
Jenovadeath exclaims, "However... throwing a fireball at me is cheating. Take it back!"
>
Jenovadeath gestures while calling upon the lesser spirits for aid...
>
Jenovadeath exclaims, "Guiding light, shed magic power from above! Spirit Strike!"
>
Jenovadeath gestures.
An invisible force guides Jenovadeath.
>
Jenovadeath utters a light chant and raises his hands, beckoning the lesser spirits to his aid...
>
Jenovadeath exclaims, "Smoldering flames far below, punish the wicked! Fire Spirit!"
>
Jenovadeath hurls a roaring ball of fire at Ablen!
AS: +502 vs DS: +451 with AvD: +12 + d100 roll: +80 = +143
... and hits for 1 point of damage!
Blow reddens skin on the right arm.
The guiding force leaves Jenovadeath.
>
Ablen laughs!
>
Jenovadeath says, "Lessons cannot be taught with a gentle hand, it appears."
>
>
Jenovadeath exclaims, "Unfortunately, play time is over. But what fun is destruction if no 'precious' lives are lost? Your life ends here!"
>
Ablen glares.
>
>
Jenovadeath exclaims, "Death gods carving life, take his soul! Dark Catalyst!"
>
(Jenovadeath gestures vehemently, his form blurring with lightning-quick motion. He traces arcane sigils into the air around him in a circle of fury, leaving gleaming tracers from the ends of his fingers. Suddenly, he thrusts outward his arm through the sigils as a flurry of intense rays eminates from his palm.)
>
CS: +494 - TD: +350 + CvA: -2 + d100: +39 == +181
Warding failed!
Ablen is suddenly engulfed in an explosion of pure essence and brilliant white fire!
... and hits for 21 points of damage!
... 50 points of damage!
Fire completely surrounds Ablen. Blood boils and heart stops.

* Ablen drops dead at your feet!

Ablen appears less confident and fearless.
Ablen's movements no longer appear to be influenced by a divine power as the spiritual force fades from around his arms.
The dully illuminated mantle protecting Ablen begins to falter, then completely fades away.
The very powerful look leaves Ablen.
The white light leaves Ablen.
The deep blue glow leaves Ablen.
Ablen appears to lose some internal strength.
Ablen eyes narrow and shift to the side.
The light blue glow leaves Ablen.
The powerful look leaves Ablen.
Ablen appears less battle-ready as a soft glow dissipates from around his form.
A crimson mist bleeds out from Ablen's exposed skin.
The warm glow fades from around Ablen.
Ablen becomes unbalanced for a second, then recovers.
Ablen loses the flickering pale blue energy surrounding him.
The dim celadon wisps about Ablen's hands flare up once more and fade completely away.
>
* Ablen just bit the dust!
>
>'oh my
You say, "Oh my."
>
Jenovadeath bursts out in triumphant laughter!
>unh
You stumble out of hiding.
>yell Jenovadeath just killed Ablen! Someone help him!
You belt out, "Jenovadeath just killed Ablen! Someone help him!"
>e
[Solhaven, Abalone and Chiton]
The elegant limestone facade of the Solhaven Inn and Restaurant dominates the street here. Deep blue awnings hang above the glaes-paned windows and front walk. A white-gloved doorman stands at the ready, ushering guests through the arched doors.
Obvious paths: east, south, west

Tabor.

Back
02-02-2005, 08:28 PM
Nice Dragon ball moves.

02-02-2005, 08:54 PM
LOL!

SPIRIT BOMB!!!111

Kamehameha wave!!

my power level is 1000000

OH YEAH, WELL MY POWER LEVEL IS 10000000000000

OMG, SUPER SAIYAJIN... pwnd

02-02-2005, 08:56 PM
Jenovadeath exclaims, "I will make you bleed more than a female halfling who has just shed her endometrium!"

You deserve to win for that.

Liberi Fatali
02-02-2005, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Backlash
Nice Dragon ball moves.

Heh, what move was a Dragonball move? Nothing in that log (to me, at least) looked anything remotely close to what they do on that show. That last bit was somewhat similar to what a creature in the Rift does -- I just added a few things to it.

Tabor.

Wezas
02-02-2005, 08:59 PM
(Jenovadeath exhales slowly. Like a miniature cloud, his breath hangs for a moment in front of his face, before dispersing into the air. He quickly reaches for his sword, his hand rattling against the veniom-hilt, and lunges at Ablen! Ablen raises his invar claidhmore, and with a terrible *CLANG* the two weapons collide, sending a dazzling array of sparks soaring off into the distance!)

So, let me get this straight. You're using the 'act' verb to tell other people what they're doing?

Fallen
That was certainly a roleplayed event. It may not have been to everyone's liking, but if that log is unedited (Read: Nothing added), then well done, Tabor.

Enjoyed the read.

Liberi Fatali
Originally posted by Wezas

So, let me get this straight. You're using the 'act' verb to tell other people what they're doing?

Yeah. I rather abused it that time.

[Edited to add: Good thing he actually did block the attack though, ya?]

Tabor.

[Edited on 2-3-2005 by Tabor]

4a6c1
02-02-2005, 09:02 PM
OMG U ROLEPLAYED!!

We are proud. :thumbsup:

Liberi Fatali
02-02-2005, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by JihnasSpirit
OMG U ROLEPLAYED!!

::snickers:: Thanks.

I'll try to refrain from being an asshat (and making a fool of myself in the process) anymore.

Tabor.

4a6c1
02-02-2005, 09:06 PM
And in the spirit of things I shall say one thing to you:

:D

Liberi Fatali
02-02-2005, 09:08 PM
And in the spirit of things I shall say one thing to you:

:D

Haahaa! I refrained from using that phrase even once.

On a side-note, I've had many people ask me how I did this, and if it's a real action:

With a flourish, Jenovadeath crosses his arms in front of him, and suddenly a pair of blades appear in his hands seemingly from nowhere. He brandishes his weapons with an air of confidence.

That is, indeed, real. It's an action with a SHIRT I'm wearing. If you shove two weapons up there and type >push my shirt, it does a Mortal Kombat Deception (see also: Baraka) maneuver that looks rather stupendous to the third person.

Tabor.

4a6c1
02-02-2005, 09:11 PM
Yah thats awesome. were those the shirts sold at Ebons?

Liberi Fatali
02-02-2005, 09:13 PM
Yah thats awesome. were those the shirts sold at Ebons?

While I didn't attend, and can't accurately verify that they were, I believe so. Eiderfleur is the person who sold me it (if my memory serves correct). I'm pretty confident they were, though.

Tabor.

Fallen
02-02-2005, 09:14 PM
I personally liked the King Authur quotes. GO SAXONS!

4a6c1
02-02-2005, 09:16 PM
:spaz:

I didnt know they could do that. Here I go to OVERDO that action until I'm sick of lookin at it or the empaths kick me out of TC.

Mistomeer
02-02-2005, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Tabor
>l jenova
You see Jenovadeath Nattak the Sorcerer.
He appears to be a Dark Elf.
He appears to be wizened with age. He has piercing dark eyes and pale skin. He has very short, shiny silver hair with a black streak running through it. He has a bony face, a small nose and thin-tipped pointed ears.
He has a krolvin slave ship tattoo on his neck, and a leering black demon tattoo on his arm.
He is in good shape.
He is holding a malevolent, bile-green onyx and veniom-hilted longsword splattered with the blood of gremlin-slayers in his right hand and a black coffin-shaped tower shield covered in bloody handprints in his left hand.
He is wearing a crimson tinted crystal sphere enclosing a tiny black rose, a crystal amulet, a weathered kobold ear fetish, a spiraling black wire rose pin, some padded black leather boots intricately tooled with an image of a raging tempest, a twisted silver-link anklet, a heavy dark wool shirt with long narrow sleeves, a winged silver helm, a darkened sack with the image of a gem encrusted morning star stitched in fine silver thread, a pair of grey wolfskin trousers with piping of deep green snakeskin running down the seams, a hand-crafted dark leather rucksack faded from exposure to the elements, and a leather breastplate with a magnificent drake tooled on the chest.
>
l ablen
You see Ablen Clipaeum the Solar Templar.
He appears to be a Human.
He appears to be mature and taller than average. He has gold-flecked pale blue eyes and golden brown skin. He has shoulder length, straight honey blonde hair with bangs that frame the top of his face. He has a straight freckled nose and a trimmed, thick sunstreaked goatee.
He is in good shape.
He is holding a polished invar claidhmore in his right hand.
He is wearing a sun-shaped pendant hanging from a malachite neckchain, a turquoise and gold sunburst symbol, a polished black shield set with a golden sunburst in its center, a gold-trimmed white hooded mantle, a bloodied rag tied tightly around his left arm, some crossed leather back-sheaths, a weathered leather satchel, a gold wristchain, a gold-traced white silk tabard, a burnished rolaren-link hauberk, a blackworked white linen sack, a pair of loose gold-trimmed linen pants sashed with a length of dark blue silk, and some laced black leather boots.
>

Tabor.

If it was just the two of you, who is the third party the log came from?

[Edited on 2-3-2005 by Mistomeer]

Snapp
02-02-2005, 09:17 PM
That's a pretty kick ass shirt. I want one.

Liberi Fatali
02-02-2005, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Fallen
I personally liked the King Authur quotes. GO SAXONS!

Haahaa! YEAH! I couldn't remember the best quote, however. The opportunity had passed, as well. It's the one where he says, ah... something about marking his face, because it'll be the last thing he ever will see? Something similar to that.

Good movie, though!

Tabor.

Liberi Fatali
02-02-2005, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Mistomeer

If it was just the two of you, who is the third party the log came from?

[Edited on 2-3-2005 by Mistomeer]

My secret stalker.

My perception must be skewed. Lately, people have been able to stalk me up the wazoo, and I not even notice.

I'm not joking, either. I swear, everytime I stand idle, people stalk me.

Tabor.

Liberi Fatali
02-02-2005, 09:44 PM
What the!

I was looking at one of my other logs where I did a LOOK at Ablen -- I hadn't noticed that night, but he had transformed himself into a GUARD CAPTAIN?

Naturally, I didn't stick around in the room after he died, as he would have surely killed me. Was anyone there? Does anyone know why he turned into a runestaff holding CONSTABLE?

I didn't know we could change professions! Hoho.

You see Ablen the Elven Guard Captain.
He is in good shape.
He is holding a polished oak quarterstaff in his right hand.

Back
02-02-2005, 09:46 PM

Nice Dragon ball moves.

Heh, what move was a Dragonball move? Nothing in that log (to me, at least) looked anything remotely close to what they do on that show. That last bit was somewhat similar to what a creature in the Rift does -- I just added a few things to it.

Tabor.

DragonBallZ, YugiOh... felt like I was watching an Americanized anime kids show with all the spell “call-outs.”

Anyway, you did handle it well RP-wise this time.

Someone mentioned in another thread... after all this time playing, and bitching about GMs, ever think to become one so you can really set your own events/rules?

Sylvan Dreams
02-02-2005, 09:48 PM

Tayber,

That is so incredibly vulgar, and gross! Surprised they let you get away with that, LOL!

-Not Debia

Makkah
02-02-2005, 09:49 PM
<< ever think to become one so you can really set your own events/rules? >>

Oh Jesus Christ no, please tell me you didn't just say that.

Liberi Fatali
02-02-2005, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Sylvan Dreams

Tayber,

That is so incredibly vulgar, and gross! Surprised they let you get away with that, LOL!

-Not Debia

Haahaa! Deb, love, how I adore you! I was reading a few logs of us from last year, and they're quite hilarious (just us talking in the EN). Remind me to IM you when I get home from the library!

Tabor.

Liberi Fatali
02-02-2005, 09:54 PM

Nice Dragon ball moves.

Tabor.

DragonBallZ, YugiOh... felt like I was watching an Americanized anime kids show with all the spell “call-outs.”

Anyway, you did handle it well RP-wise this time.

Someone mentioned in another thread... after all this time playing, and bitching about GMs, ever think to become one so you can really set your own events/rules?

Why, thank you.

As to being a GM -- I doubt they'd let me into the 'program'. I would, perhaps, enjoy being a mentor. I always take new characters on 'upper level' hunts to make them feel powerful when I'm in the landing.

When I started back in 1996, I got 7 warnings (all in that year). I have yet to get one since then. Of course, that was 9 years ago, and I was quite naive, obviously.

As an aspiring surgeon, though, I doubt I would have time to be a GM even if I did have the capabilities. Curiously, I'm intrigued as to how their screen looks.

Tabor.

Sean
02-02-2005, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Makkah
<< ever think to become one so you can really set your own events/rules? >>

Oh Jesus Christ no, please tell me you didn't just say that.

One of the few times I'll ever agree with Makkah.

Flurbins
02-02-2005, 10:47 PM
Spell call outs remind me of FF: Tactics or Tactics Ogre, can't remember which one had them.

Nieninque
02-03-2005, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by Snapp
That's a pretty kick ass shirt. I want one.

There are some in Tiawren's shop in Vaalor.
If there arent, U2U me and I have one you can purchase

Parkbandit
02-03-2005, 09:02 AM
You didn't edit that log at all Tabor? I'm not just talking about editing out the backround 'noise', I'm talking about adding stuff into the log.

Fallen
02-03-2005, 09:38 AM
You didn't edit that log at all Tabor? I'm not just talking about editing out the backround 'noise', I'm talking about adding stuff into the log. >>

When I first saw the log I was thinking the same thing... Lets examine some of actions used.

<<Jenovadeath drops all defense as he moves into a battle-ready stance. >>

Verb - Posture

<<Jenovadeath glares darkly, a murderous glint in his eyes as his lips tighten into a cool sneer. >>

I think this is the sacrifice verb. (Sorcerer only)

<<You cower wretchedly, even in the safety of the shadows. >>

An action of the person recording the log. Verb Cower (from hiding)

<<With a flourish, Jenovadeath crosses his arms in front of him, and suddenly a pair of blades appear in his hands seemingly from nowhere. He brandishes his weapons with an air of confidence.>>

Explained by an actioned shirt.

<<Jenovadeath jumps to his feet.
Jenovadeath reaches for an imaginary opponent and then does an impressive display of the martial arts technique of the throw. >>

Voln ability?

All the verbs check out, but I suppose what you meant by Added things, were faked acts and speech inserted into the log.

Jonty
02-03-2005, 10:07 AM
<<Jenovadeath glares darkly, a murderous glint in his eyes as his lips tighten into a cool sneer. >>

I think this is the sacrifice verb. (Sorcerer only)

<<Jenovadeath jumps to his feet.
Jenovadeath reaches for an imaginary opponent and then does an impressive display of the martial arts technique of the throw. >>

Voln ability?

Both are correct. The second one is THROW.

Parkbandit
02-03-2005, 10:34 AM
All the verbs check out, but I suppose what you meant by Added things, were faked acts and speech inserted into the log.

I was talking about the acts and the subsequent perfect timing / actions afterwards. Anyone who has roleplayed in text before knows that unless you have things macro'd or scripted out.. most times, your 'opponent' will overstep or interrupt what you say.. especially if you are using lengthy words to describe your ACTions.

I'm just wondering is all.. because the log was well written. My experience is that the "real" action is never that smooth.

Nieninque
02-03-2005, 10:59 AM
I'm not good at the number crunching side of stuff, but according to this log here, JD's DS in offensive, stunned and prone provides the following info...

AS: +489 vs DS: +744 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +55 = -166
A clean miss.

The log posted a few days previous provided the following information...

A huge Vornavian soldier swings a claidhmore at you!
AS: +1000 vs DS: +745 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +77 = +366
... and hits for 173 points of damage!

When he was stood up, fully spelled (with WoF) and in defensive.

How does that work? Lose 1 DS for being stunned and prone in defensive?

Fallen
02-03-2005, 01:06 PM
The timing was odd in that log, perhaps he cut out chatter while he was stunned, and the attack came after he was out of it.

Liberi Fatali
02-03-2005, 01:31 PM
The timing was odd in that log, perhaps he cut out chatter while he was stunned, and the attack came after he was out of it.

You got all the verbs right.

I took out a few:

* person just bit the dust!

And I took out a few parts where people ran in and out of the room (this happened a lot, which made my actions look not quite as smooth as presented in this log).

Nothing more was added (or taken out). This log was sent to me by the hidden character (if you wish to know his name, I'll ask him if I can post it. I'm not sure he posts here). I merely removed those two things to make it look flawless.

Tabor.

[Edited to add: Ablen likes to stand around a lot. Sometime's I think he leaves his keyboard. This is how I am able to do my ACT commands. In my 5 battles with him, I've only known him to say INSECT a lot (why?!), stand still for long amounts of time, and touch people and make them disappear].

Latrinsorm
02-03-2005, 03:01 PM
Nyvelise was the same way. Say something, stand around for 20 minutes, knock everyone over. Maybe it's a GM thing.

Fallen
02-03-2005, 03:46 PM
[Edited to add: Ablen likes to stand around a lot. Sometime's I think he leaves his keyboard. This is how I am able to do my ACT commands. In my 5 battles with him, I've only known him to say INSECT a lot (why?!), stand still for long amounts of time, and touch people and make them disappear]. >>

They may be controlling multiple NPC's, spawning or despawning creatures, triggering quakes or ingame messaging, conferring with other GMs, adapting creatures/environment/situations, talking over the Amunet, ect, ect.

Divinity
02-04-2005, 01:21 PM
I enjoyed reading your log, altered or not, it was excitable. You are trying to roleplay and you did well.

I'm not going to bash some of your stolen quotes because at least you're trying, and that is better than most of Elanthia. My kudos to you.

Liberi Fatali
02-04-2005, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Divinity
I enjoyed reading your log, altered or not, it was excitable. You are trying to roleplay and you did well.

I'm not going to bash some of your stolen quotes because at least you're trying, and that is better than most of Elanthia. My kudos to you.

I do this a lot, typically. If I hear a quote in a movie or from a video game -- or hell, even from a professor, I am quick to note it down. I can then use it as an away message, in every day use, or even in Gemstone.

Tabor.

Methais
02-04-2005, 03:02 PM
OMG U ROLEPLAYED!!

That's the only time people DO RP anymore in GS is when they know a GM is watching.

Fallen
02-04-2005, 03:28 PM
Yeah, fuck all those player driven events (Balls, Storytellings, Fury Patrols, ect, ect)

Methais
02-04-2005, 03:56 PM
Ok lemme rephrase.

Actually, fuck that. You know what I'm saying anyway.

Divinity
02-05-2005, 12:44 AM
Have to say I agree with the atmosphere here after my post. If you are playing a roleplaying game, you should live your character as if they were a person.

To me, it's like writing a book. However, you are adlibing (sp?) the character.

Latrinsorm
02-05-2005, 12:51 PM
ad lib, derived from ad libitum (literally, "in the style of Red Skelton"). I don't know if you can conjugate it as a verb, because it's an adverb or maybe a noun/adjective.

Divinity
02-05-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm
ad lib, derived from ad libitum (literally, "in the style of Red Skelton"). I don't know if you can conjugate it as a verb, because it's an adverb or maybe a noun/adjective.

:P Thank you.

HarmNone
02-05-2005, 01:43 PM
Ad libbing, is correct. ;)

Back
02-05-2005, 01:46 PM
Roleplay. Some other post last night got me to thinking of some of my better role play moments. Or perhaps just a bunch of topics combined.

One of my more inspired role play experiments tested one Sun Tzu’s theories. The result? Worked like a charm.

In detail. I played a soldier of an Empire at war. Not a general, or even a high ranking officer, but because I was the only player in that employ, it allowed me some amount of officiality.

I purposefully lied to a known conspiratant (player) knowing full well that he would pass it on to the opposing side. The disinformation was taken hook line and sinker.

I won’t claim to have won that war, but I will claim that Sun Tzu is correct and that role play has benefits.