PDA

View Full Version : GSS: NOT FOR KIDS

Fallen
02-01-2005, 01:22 AM
Anyone that has witnessed tonights events would clearly agree. People will complain, I can heAr the tirades now.

I cannot belive Simu pushed the envElope as far as they did tonight, but I personally would like to congratulate them. That act will solidify Morvule as one of the most hated and feared villains in Elanthian history.

[Edited on 2-1-2005 by Fallen]

02-01-2005, 01:25 AM
Fucking thing still isn't over?

- Arkans

Makkah
02-01-2005, 01:26 AM
Yes... dead baby corpses made it awesome.

rht

PS: "hear" and "envelope"

Nakiro
02-01-2005, 01:46 AM
oh that's sweet. Did they rain from the sky or what?

4a6c1
02-01-2005, 01:51 AM
logs plz

Tsa`ah
02-01-2005, 02:21 AM
GS hasn't been for kids since AOL unlimited.

HarmNone
02-01-2005, 02:23 AM
Yeah. Only problem is, it's full of 'em. :rolleyes:

Amaron
02-01-2005, 08:48 AM
Hordes of children Mouvule killed and animated attacked.

I missed this part but the defenders had the choice of dying or attacking children...

Even if they were animated it was still a hard thing for many to do.

J

[Edited on 2-1-2005 by Amaron]

02-01-2005, 11:53 AM
This is why I love not being a pussy ass good guy.

- Arkans

Fallen
02-01-2005, 12:32 PM
I typed up a semi-IC narrative of the event, with many snippets of gameplay added throughout the post. The last two entries concern last night's events.

http://www.klaive.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1812&hl=

P.S.

Makkah - Ack, my bad. Check the time of that post, then understand I had played about 6 hours of GS straight.

StrayRogue
02-01-2005, 12:33 PM
Why the fuck is it on SR?

Fallen
02-01-2005, 12:35 PM
I am the Gemstone moderator of the SR boards.

StrayRogue
02-01-2005, 12:36 PM
...so?

Fallen
02-01-2005, 12:40 PM
So... I posted it over there first, and at this time do not care to copy and paste. If you dislike the boards, then you are, of course, under no obligation to visit them.

My link was to the damn thread itself. It is not like you had to navigate the site to find it. Why are you giving me a hard time on this, Stray?

StrayRogue
02-01-2005, 12:42 PM
I find it hard to believe people post there or find it Alright to post there.

CrystalTears
02-01-2005, 12:46 PM
As much as I respect you, Fallen, I'm going to agree with Stray and wonder why the plug to go to SR. Even though it's just a link, you DO have a tendency to advertise/discuss them from time to time.

It would be better if you just post the same information on both forums rather than have people here link to those boards. It would reduce the amount of animosity towards needing to go to the forums of a boards they don't want to encourage in the first place.

Fallen
02-01-2005, 12:47 PM
Whatever.

Liberi Fatali
02-01-2005, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Fallen
Tabor, if you haven't already, could you post your most recent kill of Ablen?

Sure, here's the full log -- up til the point where I exited (which is where Rhett claimed in another thread I logged off to avoid death. Notice when I type: find ablen, however).

[Edited SLIGHTLY to remove all the casting at the stupid flame.]

>Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.
>
Bristenn exclaims, "Ablen!"
>
Ablen says, "Jenovadeath."
>
Ablen says, "Leave now."
>Riparia just went west.
>
Kadesha says, "Holy water will not work, Ablen."
>rub my orb
You rub a heavy quartz orb.
A sudden clarity of thought comes over you, and you realize that you now understand arcane mysteries that were previously incomprehensible.
The quartz orb suddenly disintegrates!
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
>
Ablen says, "We must do what we are able."
>l ablen
You see Ablen the Elven Guard Captain.
He appears to be mature and taller than average. He has gold-flecked pale blue eyes and golden brown skin. He has shoulder length, straight honey blonde hair with bangs that frame the top of his face. He has a straight freckled nose and a trimmed, thick sunstreaked goatee.
He has a tiny sun-shaped mark on his neck.
He is in good shape.
He is holding a polished oak quarterstaff in his right hand.
He is wearing a sun-shaped pendant hanging from a malachite neckchain, a turquoise and gold sunburst symbol, a polished black shield set with a golden sunburst in its center, a gold-trimmed white hooded mantle, a bloodied rag tied tightly around his left arm, some crossed leather back-sheaths, a weathered leather satchel, a gold wristchain, a gold-traced white silk tabard, a burnished rolaren-link hauberk, a blackworked white linen sack, a pair of loose gold-trimmed linen pants sashed with a length of dark blue silk, and some laced black leather boots.
>
Ablen says, "Jenovadeath."
>
Ablen says, "I will warn you again."
>
'Just once more, is that it?
>You ask, "Just once more, is that it?"
>
'I'd rather stay and watch these... festivities.
>
You say, "I'd rather stay and watch these... festivities."
>'Hmhmhm.
You say, "Hmhmhm."
>
Ablen says, "You were warned."
>
Ablen gestures sharply.
>
A sudden fierce gust of wind howls through the area!
You are buffeted by the wind and knocked to the ground!
Your invisibility fades away.
>stand
>You stand back up.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
>
Svardin says, "Have a nice death."
>
Qistra says, "Cowards hide in the shadows'."
>
>719 ablen
You trace an intricate sign that contorts in the air while forcefully invoking Dark Catalyst...
Your spell is ready.
>You gesture at Ablen.
[Spell Hindrance for a leather breastplate with a magnificent drake tooled on the chest is 5% with current Armor Use skill, d100= 2]
Your armor prevents the spell from working correctly.
(Forcing stance down to guarded)
>719 ablen
You trace an intricate sign that contorts in the air while forcefully invoking Dark Catalyst...
Your spell is ready.
>You gesture at Ablen.
CS: +480 - TD: +376 + CvA: -2 + d100: +91 == +193
Warding failed!
Ablen is suddenly engulfed in an explosion of pure essence and brilliant white fire!
... and hits for 30 points of damage!
... 15 points of damage!
Burst of flames to right arm toasts skin to elbows.
He is stunned!
... 70 points of damage!
Deadly accuracy shatters Ablen's spine into a thousand tiny icy shards!

* Ablen drops dead at your feet!

The dully illuminated mantle protecting Ablen begins to falter, then completely fades away.
Ablen seems to lose some focus as his eyes narrow and shift momentarily to one side.
The deep blue glow leaves Ablen.
Ablen appears less confident and fearless.
The very powerful look leaves Ablen.
The white light leaves Ablen.
The warm glow fades from around Ablen.
The dim aura fades from around Ablen.
Ablen appears less battle-ready as a soft glow dissipates from around his form.
The light blue glow leaves Ablen.
The powerful look leaves Ablen.
Ablen appears to lose some internal strength.
A crimson mist bleeds out from Ablen's exposed skin.
Ablen becomes unbalanced for a second, then recovers.
You feel 2 mana surge into you!
>e
Orahan just went north.
>[Solhaven, North Market East]
A brown awning stretches across the front of the large stone building here. Hanging above the entrance is a metal breastplate, rusted from exposure to the salty sea air. Two giantmen, deeply engrossed in conversation, lean casually against the building. You also see an old barrel.
Also here: Tellistto
Obvious paths: north, east, south, west
>e
[Solhaven, Abalone Street]
Throngs of people travel westward towards the Market Square and the shouts of peddlers hawking their wares reach your ears. The unmistakable scent of chocolate wafts from the doorway of a small, whitewashed shop on the north side of the street. To the east you can see the hulking facade of the Solhaven Inn.
Also here: Dargonisk, Tlily
Obvious paths: east, west
>e
e
* Ablen just bit the dust!
>e
The surroundings are blurred with a downpour of obscuring rain.
>Sorry, you may only type ahead 1 command.
>e
Sorry, you may only type ahead 1 command.
>e
[Solhaven, Abalone and Chiton]
The elegant limestone facade of the Solhaven Inn and Restaurant dominates the street here. Deep blue awnings hang above the glaes-paned windows and front walk. A white-gloved doorman stands at the ready, ushering guests through the arched doors.
Obvious paths: east, south, west
>e
The crowd bustles with activity, shoppers entering and leaving a modest storefront where a large wooden boot hangs above the door. A set of stairs to the right of the building lead up to a landing where a bright blue canvas slipper adorns the open door. You are struck by the incongruence of all these races living together peacefully. You can barely hear the sounds of the Market Square, carried inland on the ocean breeze.
Obvious paths: north, east, west
>e
Sorry, you may only type ahead 1 command.
>e
[Solhaven, Abalone and Cowrie]
One small cottage stands out among the other shops. Climbing roses cover the exterior and a bright pink awning covers the front door. An elegantly dressed elven man is just leaving the shop carrying a bouquet of roses. A carved wooden sign swings from a post beside the door.
Obvious paths: east, south, west
>e
The rough, cobblestone street dead-ends here in the shadow of Vornavis' soaring west wall. Far to the west, you can hear the bustling sounds of the North Market. A group of travelers mills about, drifting westward one by one. You also see a rectangular portal with strange mists slowly swirling across the face in a smooth hypnotic pattern.
Obvious paths: west
>You can't go there.
>You can't go there.
>
A swathe of brilliant golden light descends from above and consumes you in a burst of solar flames!
The dull golden nimbus surrounding you flares into life. It glows brightly for a moment, then disappears.
CS: 454 - TD: 279 + CvA: 5 + d100: +47 - -5 == 232
Warding failed!
... 39 points of damage!
You writhe as the flames continue to burn!
... 25 points of damage!
Right hand fried to a crisp. Think barbecue sauce.
You are stunned for 2 rounds!
>
You hear the faint thoughts of Seablade echo in your mind:
"Where there goes the paladon"
>
You hear the faint thoughts of Mekthros echo in your mind:
"Hell."
think Hmhmhm. So much for his mere threats.You focus on projecting your thoughts...
Roundtime: 5 seconds.
You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"Hmhmhm. So much for his mere threats."
>
>rub am
You rub an onyx-bound bloodjewel amulet.
Feels smooth!
1d100: 72 + Modifiers: 182 == 254

You become invisible.
>116 ablen
You gesture while calling upon the lesser spirits to aid you with the Locate Person spell...
Your spell is ready.
>You gesture into the air.
Your vision begins to become murky and clouded. You have a sensation of rapidly passing distance. Eventually your sight begins to clear and a vision of Ablen's surroundings fills your mind...

[Solhaven, North Market]
The crush of the crowd is almost overwhelming here in the center of the market. Peddlers wheeling small carts push their way through, shouting loudly. Nearby, a group of dwarves argue heatedly with a local merchant. You also see the Jheuwvinial disk, a grey wolf that is sitting, a ruffed tiger, a floating deep cerulean eye that is flying around, a smoke tiger, a dusky woodchuck, the Tenalin disk, an acid-pitted brass strongbox, a scratched brass chest, a heavy quartz orb, a grieving badland spirit that is flying around, the fiery red Vivil disk, the Zosopage disk, the Drakam disk, the Subarashi disk, a scintillating fishscale, a pink rhodochrosite stone, a steel lockpick, a dented shield, some mauve robes, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a squalid canvas pavilion, an old barrel with some stuff on it, a wooden bench with some stuff on it, the Belts booth, the Small Blades stand and the Muffinsmith's stall.
Also here: Kinshack, Selah, Kylinarr, Murgin, Lady Kayelan, Ichiko, Meril, Jheuwvinial, Trafalgar, Bisco, Harliegha, Fyrentennimar, Lady Cylnthia, Malikary, Lady Eiadh, Kippe, Mistomeer, Raelee, Starna, Showal, Goldenranger, Briah, Bristenn, Lady Aysia, High Lord Tenalin, Ablen, Feydra, Darlan, Kateerina, Omdor, Jolena, Travax, Alleatha, Vivil, Lord Syberus, High Lord Landceal, Drakam, Great Lady Sherysse, Lord Stalgart, Qistra, Great Lord Chomm, Great Lord Catthief, Stunseed, Lord Shonison, Monax, Galenok, High Lord Svardin, Zosopage, Subarashi, Burntfinger, Tarandur, Valis who is sitting, Great Lord Tunder, Kilthal
Obvious paths: north, northeast, east, southeast, south, southwest, west
> * Sygel just bit the dust!
sym recovery
You feel the power of the symbol course through your body.
>
Zenogais just arrived.
>find ablen
There are no adventurers questing that match the names specified.

The usage for this command is: find {player1} {player2} ... {player9} and will provide a list of those players present you wish to find provided they are questing.
>
416 my chest
>You gesture and invoke the powers of the elements for the Piercing Gaze spell...
Your spell is ready.
>You gesture at a weathered thanot chest.
Suddenly a dark splotch erupts from the lock mechanism and envelops you! Time seems to slow down and almost stop...

Suddenly you see yourself cast at a locked chest about to try to look inside...something goes wrong but...

Suddenly you see yourself cast at a locked chest about to try to look inside...something goes wrong but...

After a moment you feel a great sense of deja vu....

Your head begins to throb from all this. After a moment your vision clears and you see...

[Temporal Rift]
You are trapped in a time rift! You catch brief glimpses of events both past and future. Beyond these strange and confusing visions extends a vast, ever-changing field of stars, pinpoints of light against unfathomable utter blackness. It is very cold here.
Obvious paths: north, northeast, east, southeast, south, southwest, west, northwest, up, down
>exit
(You have disconnected from Simutronics.)

Take note of something I found odd. My normal CS is 494. With that orb I rubbed, it should have been 504. Ablen had some GM cabability on that lowered my CS to 480. Even if I hadn't of had 425 up (which boosts your CS), there's no way my CS would have been 480.

There you go, however.

[Edited to add: Ohh, I thought that end attack he did to me was a GM ability. That's the new Paladin spell! I was wondering why my TD was so low].

[Edited on 2-1-2005 by Tabor]

Fallen
02-01-2005, 01:12 PM
Excellent. Thank you for the log, Tabor. I believe you have the first shot of the Paladin Backlash ability on these boards as of yet.

You need new armor. You're always getting mucked up by hindrance.

HouseofElves
02-01-2005, 02:42 PM
Dude, I can't believe Morvule did that. He is so freaking wicked. That totally made me cringe, way to go GMs. I wonder what could be worse....

Fallen
02-01-2005, 02:44 PM
Agreed, the GSS is indeed incredible in its scope and daring. Evarin, however, is soon to withdraw from the conflict.

4a6c1
02-01-2005, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by HouseofElves
Dude, I can't believe Morvule did that. He is so freaking wicked. That totally made me cringe, way to go GMs. I wonder what could be worse....

HI HELLO. ECHO CHARLEY NINER FROM PLANET CLUELESS. SPILL THE BEANS.

What happen?

~R, who is sooooo jealous that she had to work. :sniffle:

Nakiro
02-01-2005, 03:05 PM
He killed a bunch of children and then animated them and forced the villagers to kill them.

Bobmuhthol
02-01-2005, 03:07 PM
I would have meteor swarmed any room with an animate.

4a6c1
02-01-2005, 03:09 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Classic.

Fallen
02-01-2005, 03:50 PM
Sigh

----

The night began like any other before an expected invasion. Logging parties made their rounds, PRO's performed last minute sweeps and preparations, and sizable crowds gathered in the North Market for mass spells and discussion of the upcoming battle.

As the hours dragged on, many began to believe that Morvule had lied, and decided not to attack this night. Bragging and taunting broke out over the net, with many calling out the undead armies, inviting them into battle.
Evarin rested in the Northern Market, having an amusing but ultimately pointless conversation with several of the fair elves while half-listening to the chatter over the net. Ablen's sudden and foreboding thoughts struck the town like a blow...

You hear the faint thoughts of Ablen echo in your mind:
"The enemy is angered by your resolve. Prepare yourselves."

Moments later, Morvule made his first journey into town.

As the arrows whistle through the dark skies, you glimpse their target -- a winged figure clad in robes ascends into the sky, something small and wriggling clutched in its hands. After a brief lightning flash, however, it disappears from view.

Evarin then dashed off to gather his magical items and ready his spells, again only paying the slightest attention the mindless babble across the amunet as he prepared for the fight. A thought then came that, desipite its simplicity, carried the inpact of a stunning spell.

>You hear the faint thoughts of Malikary echo in your mind:
"Morvule is here in north market"

Evarin raced through the streets of Solhaven, the sounds of the approaching army raging across the city. He arrived in the middle of the confrontation between Morvule and Ablen...

Ablen says, "Unharmed."

Morvule hisses, "Thissss child? Yes... let ussss do what musssst be done."

>The child screams and writhes in Morvule's hands.

>Speaking to Morvule, Ablen exclaims, "Give me the child, worm!"

>You see Lord Morvule Thinevael the Luukosian High Priest.
He appears to be very old, has emerald slit-pupiled eyes, and dark green scaled skin.
He has a pair of massive webbed emerald green wings arcing from his back shot with long spidery fingers ending in razored black talons.
He has a series of wavy ophidian marks upon his neck.
He is holding a solid black ora staff crowned with a wreath of razored bronze fangs in his right hand and a small wriggling child in his left hand.
He is wearing some dark flowing robes slashed with sinuous trails of muted green, a pair of skeletal bronze gauntlets tipped with razored black ora talons, a high-collared shadowy cloak trailing wisps of inky darkness and a spherical bronze pendant inset with a glittering red gem.

>Morvule hisses, "You sssshould've listened. How ssssad. Now the one'ssss you dessssire to protect the mosssst will be the firsssst to die."

Morvule suddenly slashes his talons across the child's neck, and the poor thing's life suddenly spills out on the cobblestones in an instant, and it goes slack. With a smirk, he rises up into the air once more with a quick beat of his wings -- the child's body clutched in his hands.

Screams of outcry and anger followed Evarin from the square as he headed northward to engage the oncoming army sure to come. Shadowy figures suddenly descend from the black clouds overhead, their shrieks piercing the air.
As Evarin ran through the streets fighting where he may, and retreating when he must, the bustling anticipation of the city turned to all-out warfare. Fire lights the sky as the trebuchets of Vornavis fire their vollies of flame towards the winged menace far above.

A local guard runs by yelling, "Invasion, invasion! Open the towers! Any and all archers, to arms, to arms!"

The battle raged on for close to an hour, with winged monsters being loosed from the skies where they may. The main force of Movrule's army marched south down the steps of Tumbledown Lane and eventually into the North square, and beyond.
I sensed the death of my Shorn'ri and ensured her safety before returning to battle for as long as my mana held out. In time, Merjinia recovered her strength and found the will to stand beside me during the fighting as the undead elite hammered the town. Blinding rain poured from the heavens, mixing the blood of the undead and fallen Vornavian soldiers into a vermillion sheen that made the fighting slick and treacherous.

The worst, however, was still to come...

--

You hear the faint thoughts of Morvule echo in your mind:
"I told you of the consequences. This could have been prevented. Sad, really. Such bright futures they would have had."

>You hear the faint thoughts of Morvule echo in your mind:
"At the behest of many of the upstanding citizens of this hovel, I have generously decided to return the children."

"Do give them a fine welcome."

No one doubted the meaning of these words when they took but a moment to consider the source. Morvule had took more than one child that night... He took hundreds. Using the aid of his master, he put the bodies of the slain children to use.

[Solhaven, North Market]
The crush of the crowd is almost overwhelming here in the center of the market. Peddlers wheeling small carts push their way through, shouting loudly. Nearby, a group of dwarves argue heatedly with a local merchant. You also see a bedraggled child's corpse, a crackling fire, a bedraggled child's corpse, a bedraggled child's corpse, a bedraggled child's corpse, a bedraggled child's corpse, a squalid canvas pavilion, an old barrel with some stuff on it, a wooden bench with some stuff on it, the Belts booth, the Small Blades stand and the Muffinsmith's stall.
Also here: Nalfor
Obvious paths: north, northeast, east, southeast, south, southwest, west

You gesture at a bedraggled child's corpse.
You hurl a roaring ball of fire at a bedraggled child's corpse!
AS: +346 vs DS: +83 with AvD: +48 + d100 roll: +37 = +348
... and hit for 98 points of damage!
Extreme heat causes a bedraggled child's corpse's right leg to expand and snap. That must hurt!
The guiding force leaves you.
The roaring ball of fire strikes a bedraggled child's corpse, blossoming into a much larger sphere of flame upon impact.
... 40 points of damage!
Nasty burns to right arm. Gonna need lots of butter.

A burst of flame from your roaring ball of fire flies off and hits a bedraggled child's corpse.
... 35 points of damage!
Burst of flames to back fries shoulder blades. Youch!

A burst of flame from your roaring ball of fire flies off and hits a bedraggled child's corpse.
... 45 points of damage!
Back bursts into a spectacular display of flames. Bet it hurts too.

... 45 points of damage!
Flames incinerate left leg to the bone. Not a pleasant sight.
It is knocked to the ground!

... 35 points of damage!
Burst of flames to left arm toasts skin to elbows.

>The child's corpse cries out, coughing up coagulated blood upon its deathly white skin.
>A bedraggled child's corpse moans and burbles out, "Mommy... where's... where is sheeee?"
>The child's corpse groans and blinks, as if it were remembering its once-happy life.
>The corpse moans, "Dadd... d-d-daddy? Where's... daaaughgghhhr..." It begins to cough soon after.
>The torch in a bedraggled child's corpse's hands burns brightly!

The animated bodies of the children brought with them the flames of Morvule. Once the first wave of the children were put down, their bodies ignighted into a blaze which quickly swept through the whole of town.
Fires lit the grizzly scene as a group of stoic fighters fought off the undead children. Wave after wave hit then, crying out for their parents and in anguish of their wretched existence.

>A length of timber crashes and falls over into the fire. The flames grow upon it slowly like roses awakening until the whole log is aglow with a garden of embers.

>Now and again, resin in some burning wood is ignited by the flames and the fire hisses loudly. The sharp smell of the scorched resin permeates the air and invades your nostrils.

"I will leave you to think of what choices still remain this night. Choose wisely, and I may forgive your rashness."

"Choose wrongly... and what you have seen tonight will pale in comparison to what is to come."

With the last of the children finally put to rest, Evarin and Merjinia withdrew from the Northern Market. The remnants of the town's fighters quickly gathered together in an attempt to douse the flames sweeping through the city. Evarin said once before he would care not if the town burned down around him, and that is exactly what took place.

Weared from the fighting, the two ventured to Solhaven Inn, one of the few buildings not set ablaze. The calls of those still fighting the flames echoed throughout the city for hours to come, though the cries of grief and suffering from those who lost their children lasted far longer.

Evarin and his Mis'ri

Samin
02-01-2005, 04:07 PM
Wanna hear something sick?
Theres a dumpster full of dead babies.
Wanna hear something sicker?
Theres one alive and he has to eat his way out.

Fallen
02-01-2005, 05:46 PM
Evarin slowly says, "Right".

Also, an interesting fact. A baby's stomach is the size of her balled fist.

Vixen
02-01-2005, 06:01 PM
I am so glad I logged out when I did. Pregnancy is making me hyper sensitive, and with my characters history besides.. that whole thing would have made me sick

YancyDC
02-01-2005, 06:25 PM
Wow, that's pretty messed up, especially the kids asking for mommy. Can't help but laughing at the thought of being stormed by baby zombies, though.

DeV
02-01-2005, 10:09 PM
This is seriously funny and evil. :devil: