PDA

View Full Version : Mickey Mouse Bull Squash (Brauden).

Liberi Fatali
01-31-2005, 03:23 PM
I don't even know where to begin on this one. Since Animate Dead was released, I realized a potential that could essentially have a Sorcerer 'build an army', so to speak.

My goal was to 'lead an invasion' (non-GM like, of course) on the town of Solhaven. I had it all planned out, and I went to initiate said plan.

Here's how it works. One sorcerer (me) animates a Troll King. I then take it outside the town of Solhaven and blast off all the limbs (4). This then spawns 4 more troll kings, and renders mine useless. I then move rooms, and wait for them to spawn into big ones, and then blow off for limbs from each of those. It grows exponentially, and soon, I have an army.

So, that's what I intended to do. I got to Solhaven -- and since it's rather against policy unless you heavily roleplay such an event (which I assure you, I intended to do), I made an announcement to clear the streets unless they wished to die. I gave them a five minute countdown. (A few people saw my troll king and thought, "Oh? Is that it? Little did they know...)

Here's what happened first, immediately after my 'countdown':

>think I'll give you all 5 minutes to clear the streets before I invade. Starting... now.
You focus on projecting your thoughts...
Roundtime: 5 seconds.
>
A huge Vornavian soldier just arrived.
>
A huge Vornavian soldier runs in.
>
A huge Vornavian soldier swings a claidhmore at an animated massive troll king!
AS: +1000 vs DS: +410 with AvD: +28 + d100 roll: +44 = +662
... and hits for 321 points of damage!
Shield arm removed at the shoulder!

An animated massive troll king screams in pain as its arm falls to the ground!

>
The severed troll arm throbs on the ground!
>l
A huge Vornavian soldier swings a claidhmore at an animated massive troll king!
AS: +1000 vs DS: +364 with AvD: +28 + d100 roll: +85 = +749
... and hits for 355 points of damage!
Deep slash to the troll king's right side!
Several inches of padding sliced off hip....
From the inside!
You sense a loss of the connection between you and your animate.
The troll king falls to the ground dead.
>
[Marshtown Road]
The road follows the cliff edge southeast toward the head of the falls and also to the west. Gazing south beyond the rising mist of the Cascade of Tears, the rooftops of Solhaven stretch south between Vornavis' west wall and the waters of the bay. Closer at hand, the docks, floating catwalks, and shabby buildings of Marshtown spread across the salt marsh. You also see a severed troll arm that is lying down, a huge Vornavian soldier and a massive troll king that appears dead.
Obvious paths: southeast, west
>719 sold
You trace an intricate sign that contorts in the air while forcefully invoking Dark Catalyst...
Your spell is ready.
>
You are visible again.
You gesture at a huge Vornavian soldier.
[Spell Hindrance for a leather breastplate with a magnificent drake tooled on the chest is 5% with current Armor Use skill, d100= 1]
Your armor prevents the spell from working correctly.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
(Forcing stance down to guarded)
>
A huge Vornavian soldier swings a claidhmore at a severed troll arm!
AS: +1000 vs DS: -75 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +32 = +1137
... and hits for 564 points of damage!
Left hip pulped, severing the leg.
A severed troll arm stops moving and decays away.
>720 sold
You trace an intricate sign that contorts in the air while forcefully invoking Implosion...
Your spell is ready.
>
[Spell Hindrance for a leather breastplate with a magnificent drake tooled on the chest is 5% with current Armor Use skill, d100= 4]
>
A huge Vornavian soldier smirks.
>720 sold
You trace an intricate sign that contorts in the air while forcefully invoking Implosion...
Your spell is ready.
>
A void rips open in the area, but in the distance and is barely visible.
Air blows past with no effect.

Everything in the room seemed to stay in place. The void disappears without further incident.
>
A huge Vornavian soldier runs off.
>'...
You say, "..."
>l

<br>

After that masquerade of GM showing offness, I went back and got another TK. I came back, and this time I went into town to do it. TAKE NOTE OF THE ATTEMPTED GM CHEAT. HE TRIED TO ARREST ME, BUT APPARENTLY BOTCHED IT. I was not wanted for any crimes, and yet, the 'releasing message' came up. Here:

>
An animated massive troll king just arrived.
>l
[Solhaven, Bayside Road]
The cobblestone street runs southwest, parallel to the Bay. To the northeast, the road begins climbing the cliffs. An oddly shaped structure stands nearby, a polished wooden plaque hanging over the door. Well-dressed residents head purposefully in and out of the building. You also see an animated massive troll king.
Obvious paths: northeast, south, southwest
>l
[Solhaven, Bayside Road]
The cobblestone street runs southwest, parallel to the Bay. To the northeast, the road begins climbing the cliffs. An oddly shaped structure stands nearby, a polished wooden plaque hanging over the door. Well-dressed residents head purposefully in and out of the building. You also see an animated massive troll king.
>l
[Solhaven, Bayside Road]
>

The city official says, "Well, Jenovadeath, I hope you've learned your lesson now. You may go." With that, the official walks over to you and sets you free.

The city official mutters something under his breath as two burly assistants come in and drag the set of wooden stocks and the basket away.
>l
[Solhaven, Bayside Road]
>'...
You say, "..."
>l
[Solhaven, Bayside Road]
>peer ne
You peer northeast and see ...

[Solhaven, Bayside Road]
You can barely hear the roar of the Cairnfang falling into Solhaven Bay from here. The Bay stretches out before you, moonlight glinting on the deep blue waters. Dwarves, elves, half-elves, and humans push southward, headed into the city. You also see some broad flagstone steps.
Obvious paths: south, southwest
>peer sw
You peer southwest and see ...

[Solhaven, Bayside Road]
The crowds thicken as they push deeper into town. To the southwest, you notice the outline of a dock against the waters of the bay. Eastward, you can see wagons trundling down the street towards the cliffs. Nearby, a lone fisherman stands poised on the rocks, casting his line into the sea.
Obvious paths: northeast, east, south, southwest
>peer s
l
>You peer south and see ...

[Solhaven, Conch Street]
A small clapboard warehouse stands nearby, painted a drab grey. Giantmen pull small wagons loaded with boxes eastward, towards the foot of the cliffs. Guards trot alongside, eyeing the crowd for signs of trouble.
Obvious paths: north, east, west
>
[Solhaven, Bayside Road]
>
The wall of force disappears from around you.
>140
You gesture while calling upon the lesser spirits to aid you with the Wall of Force spell...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
A wall of force surrounds you.
>
* Xorsha just bit the dust!
>think Time's up!
You focus on projecting your thoughts...
Roundtime: 5 seconds.
>l
[Solhaven, Bayside Road]
>
A huge Vornavian soldier runs in.
>
A huge Vornavian soldier swings a claidhmore at you!
AS: +1000 vs DS: +745 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +77 = +366
... and hits for 173 points of damage!
Brain driven into neck by mammoth downswing!
The brilliant luminescence fades from around you.
The silvery luminescence fades from around you.
You feel less confident than before.
The tingling sensation and sense of security leaves you.
The powerful look leaves you.
You return to normal color.
You become solid again.
You no longer feel so dextrous.
The air about you stops shimmering.
You feel your extra strength departing.
The glowing specks of energy surrounding you suddenly shoot off in all directions, then quickly fade away.
A dark shadow seems to detach itself from your body, swiftly dissipating into the air.
The dim aura fades from around you.
The very powerful look leaves you.
The white light leaves you.
The bright luminescence fades from around you.
The deep blue glow leaves you.
The troll king continues to struggle for life!
An animated massive troll king falls to the ground in a heap.
The air calms down around you.
The buzz of thoughts in your mind subsides.
You feel less secure.
The wall of force disappears from around you.
The light blue glow leaves you.

It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...

You realize that you have no outstanding favors which Lorminstra owes you, and without having accomplished a deed for Her, your soul is in danger of vanishing from the land forever!

...departing in 10 mins...
>
* Jenovadeath just bit the dust!
>l
[Solhaven, Bayside Road]
The cobblestone street runs southwest, parallel to the Bay. To the northeast, the road begins climbing the cliffs. An oddly shaped structure stands nearby, a polished wooden plaque hanging over the door. Well-dressed residents head purposefully in and out of the building. You also see a huge Vornavian soldier and a massive troll king.
>
A huge Vornavian soldier runs out.
>
You sense Kinshack looking in on you.
>
Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.
>
>'...
You say, "..."
>l
[Solhaven, Bayside Road]
The cobblestone street runs southwest, parallel to the Bay. To the northeast, the road begins climbing the cliffs. An oddly shaped structure stands nearby, a polished wooden plaque hanging over the door. Well-dressed residents head purposefully in and out of the building. You also see a massive troll king.
>
Kinshack's group just arrived.
>
Kinshack's group just went northeast.
>
Kinshack's group just arrived.
>
[Roll result: 150 (open d100: 10)]
Kinshack hurls himself at a massive troll king and connects!
Kinshack knocks a massive troll king flat and quickly jumps to his feet!
>
Kinshack says, "Nice work Jenovadeath."
>report I'm not smirking in the least at that micky mouse bull squash.
Kinshack swings a burnished silver katana at a massive troll king!
AS: +492 vs DS: +401 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +97 = +222
... and hits for 79 points of damage!
Gruesome slash opens the troll king's forehead!
Grey matter spills forth!
>
REPORT should only be used to notify the GemStone IV staff of emergency situations or gamewide technical errors. Please use ASSIST for general support.

<br>

I got fed up at this point. This time I was not going to make any announcements. I was just going to do it. So, I began. I had about 23 troll kings by the time I was done, and a bunch of limbs still growing. Then, the GM controlled creature came back and threatened me. That part was fine, I suppose... but what happened next was just utter... well, take a look. The GM made the troll kings DISAPPEAR. Out of thin air. No messaging at all. Take note very carefully. For instance, a troll king will come in, and I will try to 117 it -- and then it's just not there. The same thing happens near the end -- they just disappear:

>e
[Vornavis, Peasant Holdings]
This area is an irrigation nexus. Several large irrigation pools feed numerous canals and ditches that run off into the expanse of the orchard. Small wooden dams have been placed on many of the runoff ditches allowing the farmers to send water where it is needed most. Based on the disrepair of the system, it appears the farmers have neglected it for some time. You also see a massive troll king and a black-winged daggerbeak.
Obvious paths: north, northeast, east, southeast, south, west, northwest
>708 king right arm
You already have a spell readied! You must RELEASE it if you wish to prepare another!
>
You gesture at a massive troll king.
CS: +494 - TD: +193 + CvA: +25 + d100: +62 == +388
Warding failed!
The troll king's right arm explodes!

A massive troll king screams in pain as its arm falls to the ground!

>
>l king

You see a fairly typical troll king.
It has a completely severed right arm and a fractured and bleeding left arm.
It has nothing at this time.
>708 king left leg
You trace an intricate sign that contorts in the air while forcefully invoking Limb Disruption...
Your spell is ready.
>
CS: +494 - TD: +193 + CvA: +25 + d100: +85 == +411
Warding failed!
The troll king's left leg explodes!

A massive troll king screams and falls to the ground grasping at its mangled left leg!
>
The severed troll leg throbs on the ground!
>708 king right leg
>
A massive troll king flesh wounds regenerate very quickly.
The troll king's right arm begins to regenerate.
A massive troll king claws at you!
You parry the attack with your longsword!
>
You trace an intricate sign that contorts in the air while forcefully invoking Limb Disruption...
Your spell is ready.
>
CS: +494 - TD: +193 + CvA: +25 + d100: +42 == +368
Warding failed!
The troll king's right leg explodes!
>l
This area is an irrigation nexus. Several large irrigation pools feed numerous canals and ditches that run off into the expanse of the orchard. Small wooden dams have been placed on many of the runoff ditches allowing the farmers to send water where it is needed most. Based on the disrepair of the system, it appears the farmers have neglected it for some time. You also see a severed troll leg that is lying down, a severed troll arm that is lying down, a massive troll king that is lying down and a black-winged daggerbeak.
>w
Two large wooden windmills turning slowly in the breeze pump water from underground springs. Beneath the windmills, a large iron tank gathers the water and then pipes it into several irrigation pools. You also see a severed troll arm that is lying down and a black-winged daggerbeak.
Obvious paths: north, east, southeast
>n
Bands of tall barley between rows of low-topped turnips stripe a field in alternating shades of green.
Obvious paths: north, northeast, east, southeast, south
>e
Several rolton lift their heads and survey their surroundings, but the rest of the herd continues grazing on the thick grass that covers the meadow. You also see a massive troll king.
>e
A small herd of swine root about the trunks of a stand of oak trees, searching for acorns among the dead leaves.
Obvious paths: north, northeast, east, southeast, south, southwest, west, northwest
>w
Several rolton lift their heads and survey their surroundings, but the rest of the herd continues grazing on the thick grass that covers the meadow. You also see a massive troll king.
>708 king left leg
Your spell is ready.
>
CS: +494 - TD: +193 + CvA: +25 + d100: +100 == +426
Warding failed!
The troll king's left leg explodes!

A massive troll king screams and falls to the ground grasping at its mangled left leg!
>
The severed troll leg throbs on the ground!
>708 king right leg
Your spell is ready.
>
CS: +494 - TD: +193 + CvA: +25 + d100: +29 == +355
Warding failed!
The troll king's right leg explodes!
>
The troll king's right leg begins to regenerate.

A massive troll king suddenly screams in rage and begins frothing at the mouth!

>
l
Several rolton lift their heads and survey their surroundings, but the rest of the herd continues grazing on the thick grass that covers the meadow. You also see a severed troll leg that is lying down and a massive troll king that is lying down.
>708 king left arm
Your spell is ready.
>
CS: +494 - TD: +193 + CvA: +25 + d100: +59 == +385
Warding failed!
The troll king's left arm explodes!

>
>
You feel the mind of Zaaf touch yours, calling the memory of your location as you last saw it. You offer no resistance.

708 king right arm
Your spell is ready.
>You gesture at a massive troll king.
[Spell Hindrance for a leather breastplate with a magnificent drake tooled on the chest is 5% with current Armor Use skill, d100= 2]
>
The troll king's left arm begins to regenerate.
AS: +456 vs DS: +586 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +44 = -57
A clean miss.
>
A severed troll leg drags itself northeast.
>708 king right arm
Your spell is ready.
>
CS: +494 - TD: +193 + CvA: +25 + d100: +57 == +383
Warding failed!

>
>l
Several rolton lift their heads and survey their surroundings, but the rest of the herd continues grazing on the thick grass that covers the meadow. You also see a severed troll arm that is lying down, a severed troll arm that is lying down and a massive troll king that is lying down.
>nw
The sharp buzz of crickets rises from a field. Left untilled this season, clover has moved in and the field is a bed of deep green sprinkled with dots of dark lavender. You also see a massive troll king.
Obvious paths: north, northeast, east, southeast, south, northwest
>708 king left arm
Your spell is ready.
>
CS: +494 - TD: +193 + CvA: +25 + d100: +28 == +354
Warding failed!
The troll king's left arm explodes!

>
* Shimmerain just bit the dust!
>
>708 king right arm
Wait 1 sec.
>
You don't have a spell prepared!
>708 king right arm
Your spell is ready.
>
CS: +494 - TD: +193 + CvA: +25 + d100: +3 == +329
Warding failed!

>l
The sharp buzz of crickets rises from a field. Left untilled this season, clover has moved in and the field is a bed of deep green sprinkled with dots of dark lavender. You also see a severed troll arm that is lying down, a severed troll arm that is lying down and a massive troll king.
>
>l
The sharp buzz of crickets rises from a field. Left untilled this season, clover has moved in and the field is a bed of deep green sprinkled with dots of dark lavender. You also see a severed troll arm that is lying down, a severed troll arm that is lying down and a massive troll king.
>e
Smoke curls lazily from the chimney of a peasant cottage, its whitewashed walls almost lost beneath the overhang of golden thatch. A matching shed and storage bin huddle close by with the common tracks between them worn to bare dirt. A well-worn path leads north towards the river road.
Obvious paths: north, northeast, east, southeast, south, southwest, west, northwest
>e
An empty field of short-cropped grass appears to be a common pasture for several of the nearby holdings. You also see a severed troll leg that is lying down.
>
A severed troll leg drags itself north.
>e
With bare poles still showing near the peak and the dull grey of unpainted walls, this farmstead is not yet finished or habitable.
Obvious paths: southeast, south, southwest, west, northwest
>w
w
An empty field of short-cropped grass appears to be a common pasture for several of the nearby holdings.
>[Vornavis, Peasant Holdings]
Smoke curls lazily from the chimney of a peasant cottage, its whitewashed walls almost lost beneath the overhang of golden thatch. A matching shed and storage bin huddle close by with the common tracks between them worn to bare dirt. A well-worn path leads north towards the river road.
>
>
719 sold
You trace an intricate sign that contorts in the air while forcefully invoking Dark Catalyst...
e
Your spell is ready.
>You gesture at a huge Vornavian soldier.
CS: +494 - TD: +2503 + CvA: +25 + d100: +78 == -1906
Warded off!
>
An empty field of short-cropped grass appears to be a common pasture for several of the nearby holdings.
>
A Bresnahanini rolton trots in!
>e
With bare poles still showing near the peak and the dull grey of unpainted walls, this farmstead is not yet finished or habitable.
>
>A huge Vornavian soldier asks, "You want to die again?"
>w
An empty field of short-cropped grass appears to be a common pasture for several of the nearby holdings. You also see a Bresnahanini rolton.
>w
>w
The sharp buzz of crickets rises from a field. Left untilled this season, clover has moved in and the field is a bed of deep green sprinkled with dots of dark lavender. You also see a severed troll arm that is lying down and a severed troll arm that is lying down.
>
>s
Bands of tall barley between rows of low-topped turnips stripe a field in alternating shades of green.
Obvious paths: north, northeast, east, southeast, south
>e
Several rolton lift their heads and survey their surroundings, but the rest of the herd continues grazing on the thick grass that covers the meadow. You also see a strange pulsing mass, a strange pulsing mass and a massive troll king that is lying down.
>e
A strange pulsing mass drags itself northeast.
>
A small herd of swine root about the trunks of a stand of oak trees, searching for acorns among the dead leaves.
>
>n
An empty field of short-cropped grass appears to be a common pasture for several of the nearby holdings. You also see a quickly growing troll king and a Bresnahanini rolton.
>
A Bresnahanini rolton trots south.
>
>
A huge Vornavian soldier asks, "Well?"
>'Heh, not particularly.
You say, "Heh, not particularly."
>'Perhaps if you were more of a challenge to me, I'd accept a fight.
You say, "Perhaps if you were more of a challenge to me, I'd accept a fight."
>
A huge Vornavian soldier says, "Then kindly stop."
>
A quickly growing troll king drags itself northwest.
>'Oh? You disapprove of my antics?
You ask, "Oh? You disapprove of my antics?"
>
A huge Vornavian soldier says, "You're hardly worth a fight."
>
'...
You say, "..."
>l
An empty field of short-cropped grass appears to be a common pasture for several of the nearby holdings. You also see a huge Vornavian soldier.
>l sold

You see a fairly typical Vornavian soldier.
It appears to be in good shape.
It has a claidhmore.
>
A massive troll king arrives, flexing its massive claws.
>
A huge Vornavian soldier says, "Keep this up, and I'll have you banished from this city."
>'I don't think you have the authority to do so.
You say, "I don't think you have the authority to do so."
>117 king
You gesture while calling upon the lesser spirits to aid you with the Spirit Strike spell...
Your spell is ready.
>
Cast at what?
>
A huge Vornavian soldier asks, "Understood, hooligan?"
>l
An empty field of short-cropped grass appears to be a common pasture for several of the nearby holdings. You also see a huge Vornavian soldier.
>rel
You feel the magic of your spell rush away from you.
>
A huge Vornavian soldier shrugs.
>'...
You say, "..."
>l
>
A huge Vornavian soldier says, "Keep tempting me."
>
A huge Vornavian soldier just went east.
>
>
peer e
You peer east and see ...

>A massive troll king arrives, flexing its massive claws.
>w
>w
The sharp buzz of crickets rises from a field. Left untilled this season, clover has moved in and the field is a bed of deep green sprinkled with dots of dark lavender. You also see a massive troll king and a massive troll king.
>
* Jaqen just bit the dust!
>
>stance d
You move into a defensive stance, ready to fend off an attack.
>
A massive troll king pounds at you with its fist!
You block the attack with your shield!
>
AS: +309 vs DS: +623 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +1 = -284
A clean miss.
A massive troll king growls and looks about indecisively.
>
A Bresnahanini rolton trots in!
>
>
>

AS: +511 vs DS: +623 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +60 = -23
A clean miss.
A massive troll king growls and moves east.
>
A Bresnahanini rolton charges at you!
>
A massive troll king flesh wounds regenerate quickly.
>chat You sense a loss of the connection between you and your animate.
You focus on transmitting your thought.
>
A massive troll king arrives, flexing its massive claws.
>
l
The sharp buzz of crickets rises from a field. Left untilled this season, clover has moved in and the field is a bed of deep green sprinkled with dots of dark lavender. You also see a massive troll king, a Bresnahanini rolton and a massive troll king.
>A massive troll king flesh wounds regenerate quickly.

>
A Bresnahanini rolton tries to bite you!
>
A massive troll king flesh wounds regenerate quickly.

AS: +499 vs DS: +605 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +57 = -20
A clean miss.
>l
>
The sharp buzz of crickets rises from a field. Left untilled this season, clover has moved in and the field is a bed of deep green sprinkled with dots of dark lavender. You also see a Bresnahanini rolton.
>chat THERE GOES THE REST
A Bresnahanini rolton trots north.
>
'...
You say, "..."
>Lord Shonison's group just arrived.
>
Zosopage chuckles.
>l
The sharp buzz of crickets rises from a field. Left untilled this season, clover has moved in and the field is a bed of deep green sprinkled with dots of dark lavender.
Also here: Azerius, Great Lord Chomm, Lord Syberus, Alleatha, Travax, Zosopage, Olgretien, Qistra, High Lord Svardin, Lord Keemac, Great Lord Catthief, Valicar, Lord Shonison
>'...
You say, "..."
>
Chomm chuckles.
>
>sym protection
You feel a layer of protection surround you.
>
Valicar put a twisted wand in his pure white surcoat.
>
A cloud of dense silvery fog suddenly appears. The fog quickly dissipates to reveal Bisco.
>
Shonison says, "We saw an animated troll king."
>l
Bisco joins Shonison's group.
>
The sharp buzz of crickets rises from a field. Left untilled this season, clover has moved in and the field is a bed of deep green sprinkled with dots of dark lavender. You also see the Zosopage disk.
Also here: Bisco, Azerius, Great Lord Chomm, Lord Syberus, Alleatha, Travax, Zosopage, Olgretien, Qistra, High Lord Svardin, Lord Keemac, Great Lord Catthief, Valicar, Lord Shonison
>
* Rubytears just bit the dust!
>report I don't know which GM that was, but that was the most horrible excuse for roleplaying I've ever experienced. You can bet your bottom dollar I'm posting this rubbish on the boards in disrespectful fashion!
REPORT should only be used to notify the GemStone IV staff of emergency situations or gamewide technical errors. Please use ASSIST for general support.

Message sent to all online game staff. While no staff members are currently on duty, there are likely to be several lurking behind the scenes to investigate your report. If you feel the need to speak with the staff, please type ASSIST for a list of options.

>l
The sharp buzz of crickets rises from a field. Left untilled this season, clover has moved in and the field is a bed of deep green sprinkled with dots of dark lavender.
>chat I had about 25.
>chat Wait until you see the logs.
* Saerren just bit the dust!
>
* Athanecia just bit the dust!
>

SEND[Brauden] Okay, have a nice day.

>
>

....Tabor.

[Edited to add: Brauden has no business being a GM, and was probably translated into such a job because he's a failure in the real workplace. I hope he gets hit by bus.]

[Edited on 1-31-2005 by Tabor]

01-31-2005, 03:32 PM
According to Policy, any character that your critters killed would have been unconsentual PvP. Perhaps he was just trying to save you from a lockout.

Liberi Fatali
01-31-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Tea & Strumpets
According to Policy, any character that your critters killed would have been unconsentual PvP. Perhaps he was just trying to save you from a lockout.

If that were the case, wouldn't you agree a SEND that stated, "Perhaps you'd better rethink that" suffice? Rather than: killing my animate, killing me, attempting to arrest me, killing my animate again, and making my animates disappear?

I don't understand. Why is it all right for a GM to run an invasion, and not a player? I thought it was a 'fantasy role-playing game'. Why do only the power-hungry GMs get to send creatures? I realize no PC has the ability to do so, but this was as close to one as it can get.

Tabor.

CrystalTears
01-31-2005, 03:36 PM
Maybe so, but for someone that does...

You say, "..."

... about five times, I wouldn't be such a pain about other people's roleplaying.

Liberi Fatali
01-31-2005, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears
Maybe so, but for someone that does...

You say, "..."

... about five times, I wouldn't be such a pain about other people's roleplaying.

So you would have rather me stated,

"Oh! You just made all my creatures disappear without doing anything! My, what big teeth you have!"

I think my "..." summed it up quite nicely. Play any 'decent' role-playing game (consule unit ones), and you'll see the phrase "..." more than a hundred times, I guarantee it.

Tabor.

Wezas
01-31-2005, 03:42 PM
I don't know where to start, but this seems to be a good spot:

Originally posted by Tabor
You say, "..."

You say, "..."

You say, "..."

You say, "..."

You say, "..."

You say, "..."

You say, "..."

WTF? What action would that be considered in a roleplaying atmosphere?

And is it necessary..... 7 times?

::edited to say "Fuck you" to CT for replying faster then I did::

[Edited on 1-31-2005 by Wezas]

CrystalTears
01-31-2005, 03:43 PM
I beat Wezas! Wooo!!! :D

Fallen
Interesting premise. Too bad that Vornavian soldier doesn't make an appearance during the nightly invasions.

Tsa`ah
Aside from the feeble attempt at RP, it looks like you're bitching and moaning about Brauden because he wouldn't allow you to violate policy.

Go figure.

[Edited on 1-31-2005 by Tsa`ah]

Liberi Fatali
01-31-2005, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Wezas
I don't know where to start, but this seems to be a good spot:

You say, "..."

You say, "..."

You say, "..."

You say, "..."

You say, "..."

You say, "..."

You say, "..."

WTF? What action would that be considered in a roleplaying atmosphere?

And is it necessary..... 7 times?

::edited to say "Fuck you" to CT for replying faster then I did::

I think you need to take that fucking 100 inch sub you keep sporting about in various places out of your anus, first of all.

Second of all, it's not an action. It's a phrase. It's the same as you say, "What the fuck", only it's less condensed, and more appropriate.

Tabor.

Tsa`ah
01-31-2005, 03:46 PM
Hear that Wezas ... he wants your 100 inch sub when you're done.

Fallen
Evarin slowly says, "Right."

That is about my equivalent to the above.

CrystalTears
And a total cop out of actually roleplaying. Ever heard of..

blink
act looks perplexed.
stare

Or how about "Whoa" or "What the..." or anything else other than typed silence.

Because God forbid you actually DO something other than just "..." 7 times.

[Edited on 1/31/2005 by CrystalTears]

Liberi Fatali
01-31-2005, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Tsa`ah
Hear that Wezas ... he wants your 100 inch sub when you're done.

I was under the impression you were the only male around here that likes to receive a massive love log shoved up his rectum periodically.

01-31-2005, 03:49 PM
AH! AN ELLIPSES! RUN FER YER FUCKIN' LIVES!!!!!11111

:lol2:

Shit, I've even seen some phucking awesome RP'ers dot-dot-dot from time to time, and to be quite honest, with Brauden's self-proclaimed needs-to-be-hit-by-a-bus-ism, those ellipses were more than called for.

Good show Tabor guy.

CrystalTears
01-31-2005, 03:50 PM
I was under the impression you were the only male around here that likes to receive a massive love log shoved up his rectum periodically.

You have serious anal issues dude. You need Preparation H or something.

By the way, Stan, they're fine once in a while. But he did it 7 times and barely said anything else. I don't care too much for Brauden, but don't be bitching about roleplaying when all you can do is "...".

[Edited on 1/31/2005 by CrystalTears]

Wezas
01-31-2005, 03:51 PM
I think you need to take that fucking 100 inch sub you keep sporting about in various places out of your anus, first of all.

Second of all, it's not an action. It's a phrase. It's the same as you say, "What the fuck", only it's less condensed, and more appropriate.

Tabor.

In reply to the first - you posted, I replied. If you don't want your actions to be critiqued - then don't post them. Or do like Klaive does and edit them so you don't look like such a dumbass. The sub was used in one place - Omen's picture, to replace his iguana with something that looked more accurate in his pic.

Second - like I said, in the real world how would that relay. Would you say "dot dot dot"?

Here's a tip for you - GS4 has many actions that can relay the message you want to set forth without swearing or "..."ing:

Blink
Jaw Drop
Close Eyes
Roll Eyes
Shake Head
Gawk
Snort
Scoff
etc.

And also 117'ing creatures is unacceptable by GM's as well. I know from experience.

(They also frown on dropping feras weapons while you're 117'ing & WOFing Kobolds who made it into town)

::edited to add - Fuck you CT again::

Fallen
I was under the impression you were the only male around here that likes to receive a massive love log shoved up his rectum periodically. >>

act first glances at Ravenstorm and Tayre, then makes a subtle nodding motion to indicate Wezas as well.

Tsa`ah
And that's about enough.

I'm guilty of it to .... back on topic.

CrystalTears
01-31-2005, 03:53 PM
It IS on topic. He's bitching about a GM's roleplaying when his sucks as well, so I win, Tsa'ah loses. :moon2:

Suppa Hobbit Mage
01-31-2005, 03:57 PM
Anyone who's roleplaying compliment consists of "You say, "..." ", has no right to complain about anyone elses.

CrystalTears
01-31-2005, 04:06 PM
<welcomes SHM to the ... bus>

01-31-2005, 04:37 PM
If that were the case, wouldn't you agree a SEND that stated, "Perhaps you'd better rethink that" suffice? Rather than: killing my animate, killing me, attempting to arrest me, killing my animate again, and making my animates disappear?

It may have been a better choice. It appears he tried to keep it all in-genre by having a NPC step in, rather than immediately slapping you on the wrist and possibly making your gameplay less enjoyable.

Maybe he thought you'd take the hint, and hard feelings could be avoided on either side.

P.S. - I'll be the first one to agree that Brauden can be a real dick, I'm just not ready to agree that this is one of those situations.

Brattt8525
01-31-2005, 04:45 PM
Wonder how soon this spell will be nerfed due to people who think it would be fun to kill others with an army of troll kings?

CrystalTears
01-31-2005, 04:45 PM
I have one more question. Do you know for a fact that it was Brauden? Just because he replied to your little report there, doesn't automatically mean he was the NPC playing. Maybe he replied for the sake of replaying. Just throwing that what if out there.

Landrion
01-31-2005, 04:54 PM
Okay, I'll bite. You should have rethought that. If youre interested in doing invasions, get your host app in. They have lots of processes in place to *try* and ensure that the people who get power to influence the game are people who will do whats best for it.

Thats why they dont let players run invasions or let GMs introduce items without QA approval among other things. If you have the good judgement to be entertaining the populace with invasion style - get in there and get on staff. They need all the creativity and enthusiasm they can get.

Czeska
01-31-2005, 05:00 PM
>act gets on the ... bus with CT and Wezas.

>act opens her mouth to say something, then promptly closes it again. (at least that's what I do.)

>stare
>gaze
>blink

Mmm options.

Jolena
01-31-2005, 05:00 PM
Well, personally I feel that Brauden, while possibly an asshole in most circumstances, was trying to handle the situation with you while RPing using an NPC, since it was obvious you were trying to RP out the 'invasion' on Solhaven of your animated army.

Sometimes I feel the GMs are just damned if they do and damned if they don't with some of the players out there. If he had did a SEND to you, you probably would have griped that he wouldn't allow you to RP out your invasion upon the city and was not capable of handling a situation through RP. But now that he has handled a situation that would have most likely landed you in a lockout state anyway being against policy, with RP through an NPC, you bitch too. LOL I just don't get it sometimes.

El Burro
01-31-2005, 05:01 PM
>belch talk

theotherjohn
01-31-2005, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Brattt8525
Wonder how soon this spell will be nerfed due to people who think it would be fun to kill others with an army of troll kings?

you do realize that it is in character for EVIL to kill others with an army of TKs

Brattt8525
01-31-2005, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by theotherjohn

you do realize that it is in character for EVIL to kill others with an army of TKs

You do realize that it is in character for EVIL to go around open imploding towns or wizards showering towns to kill everyone too right?

Both will get you a one way ticket out of the game.

Tsa`ah
01-31-2005, 05:17 PM

If it were RP, I would agree with you. It was someone being an asshat however, and he was smacked for it.

Landrion
01-31-2005, 05:26 PM

It is the player's responsibility to make a character whose roleplay is consistent with policy.

theotherjohn
01-31-2005, 05:28 PM

You do realize that it is in character for EVIL to go around open imploding towns or wizards showering towns to kill everyone too right?

not if you were consistent and used mychar to explain why you are doing it

One of the keys I have found to doing stuff in town is be willing to accept the punishment. Most will remove their money from the bank and have a friend hold their gear. this act is what I have found causes GMs to stop EVIL in town

Wezas
01-31-2005, 05:30 PM
There are ways to RP evil/asshole without breaking policy.

For tips, PM Edine.

Liberi Fatali
01-31-2005, 05:32 PM

I hate to tell you, but you're wrong. Dead wrong, in fact. Why don't you head on over to my other thread where I openly killed 5+ people that had nothing to do with me, and then buy a ticket to STFU-ville.

Tabor.

Jolena
01-31-2005, 05:34 PM
Openly killing 5+ people in an area with Ablen during a RP'd conflict is one thing, walking into a town full of bystanders and meteor swarming is another.

Liberi Fatali
01-31-2005, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Jolena
Openly killing 5+ people in an area with Ablen during a RP'd conflict is one thing, walking into a town full of bystanders and meteor swarming is another.

I don't care. I don't have meteor swarm. The reason I was attacking Solhaven is due to the repeated attacks I had endured from the citizens of there.

That's BESIDE the point. I posted the log out of spite at the fact that someone REMOVED the troll kings without killing them! I could care less that I mentioned he didn't roleplay very well, and I could equally care less that you didn't approve of my attempt, either.

The least he could have done was gone around and kill them with that big soldier. Just making them disappear was pathetic.

HarmNone
01-31-2005, 05:41 PM
Did you even try a "my char" to explain what you were doing? This wasn't an option when I played, but it's certainly an option now, and can be used to let the GMs know what you have in mind. That way, if they have an objection, they can let you know before trouble ensues. CYA is always a good idea. So is not criticizing someone else's roleplaying when yours is less than stellar.

Brattt8525
01-31-2005, 06:03 PM

I hate to tell you, but you're wrong. Dead wrong, in fact. Why don't you head on over to my other thread where I openly killed 5+ people that had nothing to do with me, and then buy a ticket to STFU-ville.

Tabor.

Hey Mayor of STFU-ville, keep up this stellar attitude of yours and the next bitch post we read will be your whining about being on a 30 day lock-out/ban. :lol:

Bobmuhthol
01-31-2005, 06:12 PM
It's not his fault that you're wrong.

Fallen
01-31-2005, 06:20 PM
The Mychar verb is a hard one to remember at times.

Makkah
01-31-2005, 06:21 PM
<<The Mychar verb is a hard one to remember at times. >>

Maybe if you have the attention span of a goldfish.

Parkbandit
01-31-2005, 06:33 PM
I would jump on the "Way too look like a dumbass Tabor" bandwagon.. but it seems all the seats are filled.

All I have to say is this "..."

Fallen
01-31-2005, 06:34 PM
I would bet you 75% of players do not use that verb more than once a year. No way to prove it, but easily believable. Im not going to further argue the point. If you make use of the verb, more power to you.

Snapp
01-31-2005, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Fallen
I would bet you 75% of players do not use that verb more than once a year. No way to prove it, but easily believable. Im not going to further argue the point. If you make use of the verb, more power to you.

I agree. I think I've used it once or twice since it's been out. I'd wager that most don't even know it exists or what it's for.

Fallen
01-31-2005, 07:09 PM
I will freely admit I didn't know of the verb until within the last year when I read a log where I thought someone had removed the parentheses around their ACTS and asked for explanation.

For all not familiar with the Verb...

MYCHAR Will allow you to express to Game Masters details about your character. It works like the ACTION verb except this information will be seen by GMs only.

MYCHAR THINKS Will let the GMs (that are watching) see what your character is thinking.

(Taken from Sylvanfair's Verb list)

Makkah
01-31-2005, 07:13 PM
Not that this verb really woulda helped the situation... at all..

Liberi Fatali
01-31-2005, 07:22 PM
[i]Originally posted by Brattt8525
Hey Mayor of STFU-ville, keep up this stellar attitude of yours and the next bitch post we read will be your whining about being on a 30 day lock-out/ban. :lol:

Bob is God. This is all.

TheRoseLady
01-31-2005, 08:08 PM
I guess that when I read the log the only thing I thought (aside from the "...." (pokes Tabor) was that it seemed like the GMs behind it either a.) wanted everything to go according to their script and would not accept anyone else pissing on their parade. b.) a variation of that where the GMs don't really like the old capped players that could actually hurt them, so they create NPCs that are virtually unkillable and squelch any sort of independent actions and reactions.

Seems like the same old same old. Same cast of characters show up (some the big spotlight whores), GMs create big meanies that don't really change from storyline to storyline. People get a chance to get their orgasms from the GM attention, GMs get off on slaying the throngs of worshippers and then reward their little groupies in the end in some sort of manner. Yes, I put a large dose of cynacisim in my coffee this morning. :spaz:

Tabor - seems your sort of creativity or desire to make the storyline more dynamic was squelched.

[Edited on 2-1-2005 by TheRoseLady]

Artha
01-31-2005, 08:14 PM

Liberi Fatali
01-31-2005, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by TheRoseLady
I guess that when I read the log the only thing I thought (aside from the "...." (pokes Tabor) was that it seemed like the GMs behind it either a.) wanted everything to go according to their script and would not accept anyone else pissing on their parade. b.) a variation of that where the GMs don't really like the old capped players that could actually hurt them, so they create NPCs that are virtually unkillable and squelch any sort of independent actions and reactions.

Seems like the same old same old. Same cast of characters show up (some the big spotlight whores), GMs create big meanies that don't really change from storyline to storyline. People get a chance to get their orgasms from the GM attention, GMs get off on slaying the throngs of worshippers and then reward their little groupies in the end in some sort of manner. Yes, I put a large dose of cynacisim in my coffee this morning. :spaz:

Tabor - seems your sort of creativity or desire to make the storyline more dynamic was squelched.

[Edited on 2-1-2005 by TheRoseLady]

Aw. I really enjoyed your response! I'm not sure I'm familiar with who you are, or if we know each other -- but you tickle my fancy!

Liberi Fatali
01-31-2005, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Artha

...And you sir, do NOT tickle my fancy. No steak for you.

Tabor.

Artha
01-31-2005, 08:45 PM

What the deuce!?

Fallen
01-31-2005, 09:10 PM
...!?

..Sorry.

Liberi Fatali
01-31-2005, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Artha

What the deuce!?

I retract my prior statement! Steak for you, m'love!

Tabor.

Artha
01-31-2005, 09:26 PM
Oh goody.

Keller
02-01-2005, 04:53 AM
I admit I didn't read half thing thread because it was the same people having a bitch-fest at Tabor for his roleplay style. I commend the kid for trying to make the game a little more interested instead of powerhunting/farming OTF like everyone else. I've seen more roleplay from Tabor than anyone else on this board. I don't know why you all dislike him, but it's kind of like he caught the Sean/Lycain/Warclaidhm bug in their absence.

I agree with TRL that Brauden was pissing on Tabor's parade because he wasn't playing along with the Simu script (or lack there-of). Face it, gemstone is fucking boring without people like Tabor making it somewhat interesting. Keep it up Toobz.

Liberi Fatali
02-01-2005, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Keller
I admit I didn't read half thing thread because it was the same people having a bitch-fest at Tabor for his roleplay style. I commend the kid for trying to make the game a little more interested instead of powerhunting/farming OTF like everyone else. I've seen more roleplay from Tabor than anyone else on this board. I don't know why you all dislike him, but it's kind of like he caught the Sean/Lycain/Warclaidhm bug in their absence.

I agree with TRL that Brauden was pissing on Tabor's parade because he wasn't playing along with the Simu script (or lack there-of). Face it, gemstone is fucking boring without people like Tabor making it somewhat interesting. Keep it up Toobz.

Thanks a lot, D! I appreciate it!

On a side note, I was in the invasion last night, and I saw a creature I wanted to animate. Two days ago I spent a good THREE hours and I made TWENTY (20) salt crystals for animate dead. From this log I posted, I used 3 of them to animate the troll kings.

...Well, I killed the creature I wanted, and I went to get my crystals. Gone. ALL 17 OF THEM. I completely failed to notice last night, but this GM that toyed with me removed ALL MY CRYSTALS. That's just not right, at all?! All that work?! That's got to be some sort of abuse, ya?

I got Ablen again, though, which made me feel somewhat better. He kept saying, "Come out of invisibility or suffer. Blah, blah, you've been warned." Then he did his cheat magic and dispelled me, and I blew him to kingdom come. Hoho.

Tabor.

Warriorbird
02-01-2005, 07:38 AM
Not that Brauden has the customer service skill of a rampant yak... but what the heck do you think was going to happen? Way to get a spell nerfed. (not that I really like spell nerfings)

HarmNone
02-01-2005, 08:10 AM
Seriously, Tabor...the next time you have an idea for something like this, try the "MY CHAR" verb before you get started. Do it during the character's "planning phase". I think, if you give the GMs an idea of what you've got in mind BEFORE you actually begin, you might find they'll be more receptive to what you have in mind. They might even get involved and help you make it more memorable.

The worst case scenario would be that they tell you your idea isn't feasible (or within policy) ahead of time, and help you set it up so it doesn't break policy.

Couldn't hurt. :shrug:

Nieninque
02-01-2005, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Keller
I admit I didn't read half thing thread because it was the same people having a bitch-fest at Tabor for his roleplay style.

Way to pull a Chadj

I commend the kid for trying to make the game a little more interested instead of powerhunting/farming OTF like everyone else.

He has done all the powerhunting he needs. He is at cap. He stated that in his other post where he tried to hang onto the "IR Roll playa!" thing after starting off with "I kild lowds of soljas bcoz i lurnd from dem".

And yeah...fucking awesome roleplay. Lets kill off a load of people in Solhaven with no lead up in terms of roleplay that would support in even the slightest degree, any claims of Tabor having roleplayed this, instead of being a prick.

I've seen more roleplay from Tabor than anyone else on this board.

Then you need to look more carefully. Of those that still play, there are a bunch of talented roleplayers post here. I have yet to see Tabor do anything that comes close to what those people can do.

Brauden was pissing on Tabors parade because it was a parade that started off in the toilet.

:duh:

Liberi Fatali
02-01-2005, 08:41 AM
Nieninque's ignorant drivel.

No one cares what you have to say, you stupid cunt. I'm sure even if someone WAS remotely intrigued by any of the wank you type, they would let you know. Unfortunately, I do not see such an opinion for your lack of sophistication. Ergo, do everyone a favor and cease your naive utterances.

Tabor.

Liberi Fatali
02-01-2005, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by HarmNone
Seriously, Tabor...the next time you have an idea for something like this, try the "MY CHAR" verb before you get started. Do it during the character's "planning phase". I think, if you give the GMs an idea of what you've got in mind BEFORE you actually begin, you might find they'll be more receptive to what you have in mind. They might even get involved and help you make it more memorable.

The worst case scenario would be that they tell you your idea isn't feasible (or within policy) ahead of time, and help you set it up so it doesn't break policy.

To be honest, that verb didn't even cross my mind. I'll give it a whirl next time and let you know if it works. Thanks for the idea, though.

Tabor.

Kainen
02-01-2005, 08:46 AM
For god's sake.. it's a simple matter of someone being an asshole and messing with other players then trying to cover it up under the guise of rp.. give me a fucking break. What dont some people get about the fact that you arent the only person playing the damn game? All you did was speed up getting the spell messed with and weakened.. you think you are the ONLY sorcerer who had that idea or something similar? I hope not.. because I talked to several other sorcerers who thought the same thing.. only differance between you and them is that they were smart enough not to do it. The whole "I am an evil sorcerer" schtick is fine.. but you can't just walk into a town and start killing other chars cuz you wanna act that way. And this whole "oh the GM didnt like it because he tried to rp in a way that simu doesnt like" stuff is crap. Just because you can do a thing doesn't mean you should. There are rules for the enjoyment of every one who pays for and plays the game. If you don't want to follow them, don't fucking play. For the first time since I registered on PC I am FULL agreement with Nieninque. Way to be an asshat.

HarmNone
02-01-2005, 08:48 AM

To be honest, that verb didn't even cross my mind. I'll give it a whirl next time and let you know if it works. Thanks for the idea, though.

Tabor.

You're welcome! Do let me know if it works. If it doesn't, and if the GMs fail to respond to your efforts, I'll jump on your bandwagon in a heartbeat! Just be sure and give it a bit of time, so you know they got your message and are aware of what's up. ;)

Nieninque
02-01-2005, 08:55 AM
No one cares what you have to say, you stupid cunt. I'm sure even if someone WAS remotely intrigued by any of the wank you type, they would let you know. Unfortunately, I do not see such an opinion for your lack of sophistication. Ergo, do everyone a favor and cease your naive utterances.

Tabor.

:jerkit:

You pretend to be the big "I am" but in fact, what you are is a nonce. A hopeless, useless, waste of space that also happens to be a nonce.

You suck up to anyone that remotely agrees with you like nothing else, and anyone that pulls you up about anything is slammed.

HEY DICKHEAD...THIS IS NOT ROLEPLAY -> You say, "..."

Regardless of where you have seen it used.

How would you pronounce it?

And as for people letting me know that they are interested in the "wank" I type, it happens. On a fairly regular basis in fact.

Usually when I am busy showing a nonce like yourself the error of their ways. get over it. Then die.

Painfully.

In a gutter.

Alone.

:bye:

[Edited on 1-2-05 by Nieninque]

HarmNone
02-01-2005, 08:59 AM
I agree that Tabor's approach to this whole thing was not well thought out. However, he's said he's willing to try communicating with the GMs through "MYCHAR" in advance of his next effort. If he does that, and his idea is off-base, they should let him know before he creates problems for himself and others. Let's cut him some slack on this one and see what happens if he tries to take the better approach. :)

Nieninque
02-01-2005, 09:08 AM
If this was the first time he pulled something as stupid as this, I would agree. But it isnt. I think he is a complete and utter prick that has reached cap, gets bored and decides to relieve his boredom by doing something disruptive and killing people for no apparent reason.

His contribution to the PC has been "luk at mee i r orsum!" and flaming anyone that says "actually, that was a bit lame" or "Your roleplaying there was a bit crap" and then having the audacity to call GM's on their RPing.

Fuck him. Thats what I say. He is a big steamy piece of shit. In fact, he isnt even that good.

CrystalTears
02-01-2005, 09:16 AM
Good grief, who refreshed Nien's battery? :lol:

Sorry if I don't like anyone who comes here of all places to post their bitchfest and can't take criticism for it. We won't automatically side with the GM bashing. GM bashing that no one has confirmed that it was actually Brauden who was the NPC. Just because he answered the dickhead report doesn't mean he was the one who did it. How about you talk to HIM rather than telling everyone here that we suck for not agreeing with you and save some face.

I never personally interacted with this guy, so I have no idea how he roleplayes except from what he posts here. I also used to see how he would behave on PsiNet and is was nothing more than egotistical nonsense. I'm guessing he's just roleplaying himself, I really don't know.

Allycat
02-01-2005, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Nieninque
If this was the first time he pulled something as stupid as this, I would agree. But it isnt. I think he is a complete and utter prick that has reached cap, gets bored and decides to relieve his boredom by doing something disruptive and killing people for no apparent reason.

His contribution to the PC has been "luk at mee i r orsum!" and flaming anyone that says "actually, that was a bit lame" or "Your roleplaying there was a bit crap" and then having the audacity to call GM's on their RPing.

Fuck him. Thats what I say. He is a big steamy piece of shit. In fact, he isnt even that good.

Every time you open your mouth, you make yourself appear to be even more stupid than the last time you opened it.

As far as what he did in game, though I don't think it is the best way to RP it, I do believe if the GM's didn't want this to happen then they would have put something in place to keep the dead from entering town(s), put out a set of rules/policies, etc. Like they didn't forsee this happening??

Brauden: He's useless, unless he's behind a keyboard programming away as he has zero CS abilities.

-Ally

HarmNone
02-01-2005, 09:22 AM
I've never interacted with him, either. Thankfully, I've also never been exposed to OOC on PsiNet. I know absolutely nothing of Tabor but what I see here. I do know, however, that I've seen others who were disruptive in game at one time or another become pretty good players, when given the opportunity. ;)

I just figure if the guy's willing to try a "MYCHAR" before he makes this mistake again, he's admitting this may not have been sufficiently thought out. Hopefully, he'll realize the same thing about his roleplay and not call others (whether GMs, or not) on their bad roleplaying until his measures up to minimum standards for good roleplaying.

CrystalTears
02-01-2005, 09:25 AM
HarmNone, you really are a saint. Believing that he didn't think it through and will use MyChar, as if it will help anything. You're too precious for words. ;)

HarmNone
02-01-2005, 09:34 AM
Heh. The proof will be in the pudding, eh?:D

Nieninque
02-01-2005, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Allycat

Every time you open your mouth, you make yourself appear to be even more stupid than the last time you opened it.

Plenty of role models here for me :)

And btw, I type with my mouth closed in the main.

As far as what he did in game, though I don't think it is the best way to RP it, I do believe if the GM's didn't want this to happen then they would have put something in place to keep the dead from entering town(s), put out a set of rules/policies, etc. Like they didn't forsee this happening??

And there you go being that role model...

Firstly, there was no roleplay.

You say, "Get out of town if you dont want to die"
You invoke a spell or two to make monsters that will kill the inhabitants of a town almost in their entirety.
You order those mosters through town.
You say, "I r orsum! Dat iz fuking grate rowlplay!"

Secondly, you want a roleplaying game, then you want the GM's to police it in OOC means by making endless amounts of policy to compensate for even the most obvious dickheads around?

How many rangers went into town when 635 was released and invoked it saying "I wuz rowlplaying ay evul raynjer" as they killed lots of level 10 characters? If they did, would you have applauded them as great roleplayers or the GM that gave them a talking to in the consulatation lounge?

You didnt need to create a policy for that because people realise that its a fucking stupid thing to do.

If you really want to pull shit like this, do it where the OTF or the Rift hunters hang out, where there is some chance of people fighting back. Do that "evul" character where people arent going to get slain for no reason other than they can and with no chance of them surviving.

Oh yeah, but that might mean someone might hand him his own arse, wouldnt it?

Brauden: He's useless, unless he's behind a keyboard programming away as he has zero CS abilities.

-Ally

Yeah, Brauden sending a [send] that consists of "OK have a nice day" is really really bad customer service. How dare he. Sack him! Sack him now! :rolleyes:

HarmNone
02-01-2005, 09:41 AM
To expect the GMs to make it impossible, through programming, for people to break policy is simply not realistic. There are such things as responsibility and accountability that rest on the player. Adhering to policy is really not all that difficult, and most people don't really need someone to force them to do so by making it impossible for them not to do so.

Nieninque
02-01-2005, 09:47 AM
To expect the GMs to make it impossible, through programming, for people to break policy is simply not realistic. There are such things as responsibility and accountability that rest on the player. Adhering to policy is really not all that difficult, and most people don't really need someone to force them to do so by making it impossible for them not to do so.

:yeahthat:

How hard is it to figure that killing a bunch of people 75 levels or more below you, none of whom you had previously been interacting with, is going to piss a lot of people off?

Even for Tabor...how hard can that be?

Parkbandit
02-01-2005, 09:54 AM
Actually.. I think Brauden handled that pretty well. He could have simply sucked Jenovadeath into the lounge and had him read policy. Instead, he killed off all the troll kings and warned Jeno that it probably was a bad idea to continue with the use of a really big NPC.

Good customer service does not equal the customer always getting his way.

Nieninque
02-01-2005, 10:09 AM
And in terms of the level 10 empath sitting in Solhaven NM, Brauden's customer service there would have been sound.

CrystalTears
02-01-2005, 10:38 AM
So, that's what I intended to do. I got to Solhaven -- and since it's rather against policy unless you heavily roleplay such an event (which I assure you, I intended to do), I made an announcement to clear the streets unless they wished to die. [/b]I gave them a five minute countdown.[/b] (A few people saw my troll king and thought, "Oh? Is that it? Little did they know...)

So the announcement and the 5 minute countdown were the heavy roleplaying to avoid being against policy? I should have stopped reading there in the first place. Now I'm curious what exactly you would say in your MYCHAR.

Parkbandit
02-01-2005, 10:42 AM
So the announcement and the 5 minute countdown were the heavy roleplaying to avoid being against policy? I should have stopped reading there in the first place. Now I'm curious what exactly you would say in your MYCHAR.

MYCHAR DOES NOT LIKE BRAUDEN MESSING UP HIS FUN.

Nieninque
02-01-2005, 11:04 AM

So, that's what I intended to do. I got to Solhaven -- and since it's rather against policy unless you heavily roleplay such an event (which I assure you, I intended to do), I made an announcement to clear the streets unless they wished to die. [/b]I gave them a five minute countdown.[/b] (A few people saw my troll king and thought, "Oh? Is that it? Little did they know...)

Too funny, CT...too funny.

Enoxo
02-01-2005, 11:11 AM
How do you even know it was Brauden? Brauden isn't the type to play games and use a creature to 'play along' to make you stop. He just tells you to screw off with SEND. Nice job randomly blaming GMs.

Maybe if you stopped abusing Animate Bugs, you could do whatever "RP" - if you call it that - you want. Why don't you try taking another high level undead into town and sheer fear all the low levels because it's cool? Oh wait, they fixed that bug, too. Guess they rained on your parade then as well. Damn mean GMs. :bye:

CrystalTears
02-01-2005, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Enoxo
How do you even know it was Brauden? Brauden isn't the type to play games and use a creature to 'play along' to make you stop. He just tells you to screw off with SEND. Nice job randomly blaming GMs.

I've said this twice now. Glad I'm not the only one.

Makkah
02-01-2005, 11:38 AM
<< got Ablen again, though, which made me feel somewhat better. He kept saying, "Come out of invisibility or suffer. Blah, blah, you've been warned." Then he did his cheat magic and dispelled me, and I blew him to kingdom come. Hoho. >>

You forgot to mention that you logged out a good 1 minute later to avoid retribution.

Wezas
02-01-2005, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Makkah
<< got Ablen again, though, which made me feel somewhat better. He kept saying, "Come out of invisibility or suffer. Blah, blah, you've been warned." Then he did his cheat magic and dispelled me, and I blew him to kingdom come. Hoho. >>

You forgot to mention that you logged out a good 1 minute later to avoid retribution.

Edited logs - he's looking more and more like Klaive by the minute.

02-01-2005, 11:42 AM
I'm against GMs using cheap tactics and god-like invincible characters. I'm also against cock trolls that try to ruin events though. Oh, the spot I am in!!

- Arkans

Liberi Fatali
02-01-2005, 12:04 PM

Too bad he exited the game right after I killed him. Not to mention it was 1:00 in the morning, and I have 7:30 lectures on Tuesday's. Good try though, ace. Why don't you go rap about how you're black some more?

Liberi Fatali
02-01-2005, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Wezas

Edited logs - he's looking more and more like Klaive by the minute.

Anyone who was there can verify my logs are not edited at all. Anyone who does the auto-log can simply find the file and compare mine to theirs.

I suppose editing someone's picture and placing a 100 foot sub is not the same as editing a log, though. How ignorant of me!

Wezas
02-01-2005, 12:07 PM

Too bad he exited the game right after I killed him. Not to mention it was 1:00 in the morning, and I have 7:30 lectures on Tuesday's. Good try though, ace. Why don't you go rap about how you're black some more?

Makkah brings up a fact - and you get personal. I definately think you'd get along with the people right about.........

here (http://klaive.net)

CrystalTears
02-01-2005, 12:22 PM
I suppose editing someone's picture and placing a 100 foot sub is not the same as editing a log, though. How ignorant of me!

With all the pictures that Wezas has photoshopped, the sub one is the best you can make fun of? :loser:

Fallen
02-01-2005, 12:27 PM
Tabor, if you haven't already, could you post your most recent kill of Ablen?

Makkah
02-01-2005, 01:21 PM
<<Too bad he exited the game right after I killed him. Not to mention it was 1:00 in the morning,>>

We both know that's a lie, Tabor.

<< and I have 7:30 lectures on Tuesday's.>>

I think the word you're looking for there is "Tuesdays"

<<Good try though, ace. Why don't you go rap about how you're black some more? >>

Didn't you use this one last time you replied to me?

02-01-2005, 01:25 PM
Hey, let's not get carried away hear and make fun of Wezas & Photoshop! I swear, he's caught me by surprise with a few of those and had me laughing my ass off.

Fallen
02-01-2005, 01:27 PM

I think the word you're looking for there is "Tuesdays" >>

Developing a bad habit, Makkah.

Nieninque
02-01-2005, 01:30 PM

I think the word you're looking for there is "Tuesdays" >>

Developing a bad habit, Makkah.

As is a lack of comprehension.
The word "Tuesday's" was written by Tabor and quoted by Makkah.

Makkah
02-01-2005, 01:39 PM
I think he's saying it's a bad habit to nitpick people's posts... I was simply doing that after seeing some of Tabor's nitpicking posts ;)

Ironic, huh?

rht

Wezas
02-01-2005, 01:42 PM
<<Good try though, ace. Why don't you go rap about how you're black some more? >>

Didn't you use this one last time you replied to me?

His insults are running thin - hence my fourth "sandwich" comment.

Fallen
02-01-2005, 01:45 PM
The word "Tuesday's" was written by Tabor and quoted by Makkah. >>

Smirk

You got me there, N.

Caramia
02-01-2005, 02:55 PM
Probably repeating what others have said, but hey, me passing up a chance to jump on the bandwagon?

Why is it all right for a GM to run an invasion, and not a player?

Because that's what they do and it's understood and/or implied when you enter the game (if you've even bothered to read all the introductory information first) that you'll face danger in the lands by way of critters and invasions. Policy is also available for those who can read, and it's clearly evident the game is not a PvP, but a consentual conflict/CvC game (for which there should be roleplaying). An adult knows how to keep their RP within Policy and not be a complete dickhead just because they can be or because they're annoyed about dying or being attacked.

not if you were consistent and used mychar to explain why you are doing it

How about this scenario? Your character stands around doing nothing much, hardly any roleplaying the whole night, before or during the start of the invasion. Then, pissed off, annoyed, and within the span of a minute, you MYCHAR that your character is insane and evil and is going mad from all the warring, so he thinks he'll put an end to his madness by staging his own invasion. Do you really think one MYCHAR, or several over a short span of time, is going to justify your actions?

I'm sure the GMs will be happy to know you have a history of killing people, openly, that have nothing to do with you. Maybe Brauden should have made you read policy. How many warnings and lockouts do you have?

Caramia
02-01-2005, 03:00 PM
Oh and I forgot to add:

You say, "..."

That might be the equivalent to WTF when you post it to the screen in chat room, sweetie, but if you're standing next to me and doing that, I'm not gonna hear anything except air escaping your open mouth. It "says" nothing, zero, zip, nada. Purely chatspeak.

Warriorbird
02-01-2005, 03:57 PM
"I'm against GMs using cheap tactics and god-like invincible characters. I'm also against cock trolls that try to ruin events though. Oh, the spot I am in!!

- Arkans "

If only I could agree with Arkans about things other than GS. Maybe our country would be a better place, filled with sweetness and light. Then again, it's pretty satisfying to just laugh at the game. Well said.

Parkbandit
02-01-2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Warriorbird
"I'm against GMs using cheap tactics and god-like invincible characters. I'm also against cock trolls that try to ruin events though. Oh, the spot I am in!!

- Arkans "

If only I could agree with Arkans about things other than GS. Maybe our country would be a better place, filled with sweetness and light. Then again, it's pretty satisfying to just laugh at the game. Well said.

Or maybe our country would be filled with racist fucks that wanna blame their problems on minorities instead of standing up and taking responsibility for themselves.

4a6c1
02-01-2005, 05:09 PM
This thread is so weird. And I think I missed the roleplaying part of all that. PLZ POST HOLE LOGG WERE U RP CAWS I DONT GIDDIT.

:down:

TheRoseLady
02-01-2005, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Arkans
I'm against GMs using cheap tactics and god-like invincible characters. I'm also against cock trolls that try to ruin events though. Oh, the spot I am in!!

- Arkans

This is one of those times when Arkans amazes me. This is basically how I feel.

Makkah
02-01-2005, 05:25 PM
<<This thread is so weird. And I think I missed the roleplaying part of all that. PLZ POST HOLE LOGG WERE U RP CAWS I DONT GIDDIT. >>

Exactly.

Nieninque
02-01-2005, 08:41 PM
The word "Tuesday's" was written by Tabor and quoted by Makkah. >>

Smirk

You got me there, N.

:(

Oops

:blush:

AnticorRifling
02-02-2005, 08:46 AM
There was no RP you were saved from taking part in X amount of unconsented PvP. Cut your loses and let it die.

Announcing I'm giving you 5 minutes to clear out or you die isn't RP it isn't a background story, it doesn't fly. Saying ... is retarded, bottom line. How the hell you do you verbally emote ....? You don't. Make a gesture, use act. Say I'm at a loss for words. But then again you probably miss the point where ... isn't RP because you can read it even if your character is SAYING.

02-02-2005, 11:49 AM
The problem with RPing a bad guy that kills random people in GS is multi fold.

1. Levels create an unfair unbalance to certain people (let's ignore that people work for levels or buy them, blah blah) a level 70 character fighting a level 20 character is not fun or fair, no matter how you cut it.

2. Bad guys might do certain sadistic things in real life, but how many fucking times do I need to hear, "THIS IS A GAME DONT TRY TO SELL ME REALISM WHEN IT COMES ON BREAKAGE, BUT I'LL TAKE IT WHEN IT COMES TO PWNING PEOPLE!!!!11"

3. A game is all about fun. Getting smeared on the floor is not fun. No matter how you cut it. Thus, the rules.

- Arkans

Nieninque
02-02-2005, 12:05 PM
And this is another reason of why WoW is better than GS

In GS, someone half the levels of a capped character or even a bunch of people half the levels of a capped character have no chance of touching them (save for something like call lightning)

In Wow, they can. Last night a 60 undead mage started in the rebel camp and killed me twice, then we all ganged up on her and killed her. It was way cool. Took about 20 of us, mind, but that would never happen in GS.

Fallen
02-02-2005, 12:21 PM

In GS, someone half the levels of a capped character or even a bunch of people half the levels of a capped character have no chance of touching them (save for something like call lightning)

In Wow, they can. Last night a 60 undead mage started in the rebel camp and killed me twice, then we all ganged up on her and killed her. It was way cool. Took about 20 of us, mind, but that would never happen in GS. >>

Any RP invovled, or just a slaughter?

StrayRogue
02-02-2005, 12:30 PM
Even if there wasn't, I'm sure there was also a distinct lack of convoluted BS style exclusive RP that GS and the GSS seems to favour.

02-02-2005, 12:39 PM
The problem with GS story lines is it goes how the GMs want and not how the player's make it.

- Arkans

CrystalTears
02-02-2005, 12:41 PM

In Wow, they can. Last night a 60 undead mage started in the rebel camp and killed me twice, then we all ganged up on her and killed her. It was way cool. Took about 20 of us, mind, but that would never happen in GS. >>

Any RP invovled, or just a slaughter?

It doesn't matter. In GS once you reach a certain level, nothing can touch them, and that's incredibly unrealistic. They can stand in a room full of creatures and if they are all underlevel, they won't even touch him.

Get that same mob effect in WoW, and regardless of the level of the character, that mob can wittle down and eventually kill that person through sheer number.

02-02-2005, 12:45 PM
Because it is a graphics game, has an engagement system and doesn't have strange things like "redux" or "DS". This is why WoW can do this. GS cannot. It is actually the "crit system" that is causing this strangeness of ub3r invicible everything.

- Arkans

Fallen
02-02-2005, 02:05 PM
So.. I am guessing no, there wasn't.

CrystalTears
02-02-2005, 02:18 PM
The thing is that in WoW, the horde is against the alliance naturally. So RPing that they are going to kill each other is rather redundant. You don't go to war RPing do you? :D

Fallen
02-02-2005, 08:17 PM
The thing is that in WoW, the horde is against the alliance naturally. So RPing that they are going to kill each other is rather redundant. You don't go to war RPing do you?>>

So the roleplay is implied. Got it.

Grin

Not trying to belittle your game, just standing up for mine.