PDA

View Full Version : adamantine accessories

SpiffyJr
03-04-2018, 08:39 PM
If you have some or know someone who found some hit me up. Thanks.

Drew
03-04-2018, 08:52 PM
Do these work just on the affected spot?

Gizmo
03-04-2018, 08:54 PM
Do these work just on the affected spot?

Yea.

Also, glad to see you back

Ososis
03-04-2018, 09:03 PM
I always want to ask but I didn't want to shit on a sales thread. What is the draw of adamantine flare? All critters know how to brawl too, wouldn't a stun (or any repeatable flare) work better?

Gizmo
03-04-2018, 09:08 PM
I always want to ask but I didn't want to shit on a sales thread. What is the draw of adamantine flare? All critters know how to brawl too, wouldn't a stun (or any repeatable flare) work better?

Just because critters know how to brawl, doesn't mean they are still capable of hitting you.

Ever watch a creature that typically swings say, an axe, pick up a bow and swing it at you?

The draw to adamantine stuff is that the weapons disarm and/or shatter when the flare proc's, thus rendering that creature pretty much useless

Drew
03-04-2018, 09:10 PM
Yea.

Also, glad to see you back

Thanks and thanks.

Ososis
03-04-2018, 09:17 PM
Just because critters know how to brawl, doesn't mean they are still capable of hitting you.

Ever watch a creature that typically swings say, an axe, pick up a bow and swing it at you?

The draw to adamantine stuff is that the weapons disarm and/or shatter when the flare proc's, thus rendering that creature pretty much useless

I understand the flare. But as someone who can disarm anything and doesn't because it doesn't really make enough difference aside from a couple key scenarios I still don't see the draw.

EDIT
I could argue with myself that disarm takes time and may fail, making the adamantine flares superior. I'v just disarmed enough critters to have them punch me in the face with little to no problem that the whole realm of weapon disarm seems lackluster.

Drew
03-04-2018, 11:47 PM
Jarls mstriking 5 times with a naturally weighted weapon could possibly change your mind on that. There are lots of critters where not having weapons is far superior.

Ososis
03-05-2018, 12:57 PM
found some answers found in the other thread, mainly being the fact that this flair blocks the entire attack as well as doing a disarm.

Stunseed
03-05-2018, 01:00 PM
found some answers found in the other thread, mainly being the fact that this flair blocks the entire attack as well as doing a disarm.

The fact the helm blocks X% of headshots is amazeballs. Flat out game changing.

Ososis
03-05-2018, 01:05 PM
The fact the helm blocks X% of headshots is amazeballs. Flat out game changing.

Word. These were the tidbits I was looking for.

megadeth
03-05-2018, 01:30 PM
Maybe I'm being biased, but I think adamantine is way underrated. There have been so many times that a critter's multistrike on me was nerfed when their first swing outcome was a shattered/disarmed weapon. Deflecting ball spells is pretty rad too. I had reactive unbalance flares added to my armor too so I get a lot of shatters/disarms/knock downs just from my armor proc'ing.