PDA

View Full Version : Stuck...

Daragon
01-27-2005, 09:59 AM
So, Anyone got any good Training path ideas for the following?
~Two Weapon Combat~
~Two handed Weapons~
~Polearms~
~Ranged~
~Throwing~

So far I definately know I want a human. But as for the skills, I have not a clue.

Gizmo
01-27-2005, 02:24 PM
Well, first question I'm gonna ask to you is. How do you percieve you (the Paladin) being? Do you WANT to use two handed, polearms or what not?

There really is no "Good" training path as of yet, since some things still need to be tweaked IMO. Just so long as you pick a weapon you will enjoy, you really can't go wrong.

I personally, went OHE/Shield, which yeilds some good DS with the average AS, but later down the road switched over to two handers since I got talked into it. If you're the type of player who hates getting hit and taking damage, I'd say go with the OHE/Shield. If you don't mind damage, I'd say do whatever you feel like doing.

So far, the "Norm" is 2x weapon and shield of choice (If shield is used), 1-2x Armor, 1-2x PT, 1x Harness, 1x Spell, and some 1x a lore, I find that it's just not as doable at a young age, so I had done it originally .5x swapping with Mana Control.

Feel free to U2U me or even AIM me if you have questions, and I'll gladly help you out there.

[Edited on 1-27-2005 by Gizmo]

hectomaner
01-27-2005, 02:39 PM
i have a polearm paladin, and had a twc paladin. my twc will go back to twc soon, i just knocked him to ohe/shield at 11 so he was fully trained for brig and had 1611 and 103, so he should be back to twc by 16-17 i hope. i can pull up the training plans on either if you wish. just lemme know, best way is getting me on aim - hectomaner

AnticorRifling
01-28-2005, 09:01 AM
My paladin is:

2x armor
2x shield
2x OHE
2x PT
1x CM
1x HP
1x lore(can't recall off hand which one but I know it's 1x)
1x spells
1x FA

That's off the top of my head I can confirm it when I get home. He can do that with points to spare generally.

Gizmo
01-28-2005, 06:38 PM
No dodge?

Makkah
01-28-2005, 06:43 PM
my paladin is TWC... he does find thus far (level 15)

rht

Daragon
01-29-2005, 10:51 AM
Well I think I wanna go with the TWC Paladin. Anyone got a decent training plan? Also I am curious, are there any advantages to using TWC? And are there any CMans that compliment TWC?
Thanks.

AnticorRifling
01-29-2005, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Gizmo
No dodge?

Nope.

(at level 14), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 124 32
Shield Use.........................| 124 32
Combat Maneuvers...................| 70 15
Edged Weapons......................| 124 32
Physical Fitness...................| 120 30
Harness Power......................| 70 15
Spiritual Lore - Blessings.........| 70 15
Climbing...........................| 50 10
Swimming...........................| 50 10
First Aid..........................| 70 15

Spell Lists
Minor Spirit.......................| 3

Spell Lists
Paladin............................| 11

Eviltwinpsu
01-29-2005, 08:05 PM
here's my paladin...just turned 20 today

Natare swings a polished eonake falchion at a kiramon worker!
AS: +363 vs DS: +98 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +68 = +365
... and hits for 98 points of damage!
Strong slash to the kiramon worker's right leg!
Muscles exposed!
Not a pretty sight.
The kiramon worker clicks one last time and dies.

Natare (at level 20), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 93 21
Shield Use.........................| 96 22
Combat Maneuvers...................| 144 44
Edged Weapons......................| 144 44
Physical Fitness...................| 96 22
Dodging............................| 50 10
Harness Power......................| 93 21
Spirit Mana Control................| 30 6
Spiritual Lore - Blessings.........| 30 6

Spell Lists
Paladin............................| 20

AnticorRifling
01-29-2005, 09:32 PM
That normal AS self spelled?

Ryku
01-29-2005, 09:42 PM
Hunting 20+ lvls over yer head with a rediculously high normal AS? I'm gunna go roll up a paladin if this is the case... :wow:

[Edited on 1-30-2005 by Ryku]

Eviltwinpsu
01-29-2005, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Ryku
Hunting 20+ lvls over yer head with a rediculously high normal AS? I'm gunna go roll up a paladin if this is the case... :wow:

[Edited on 1-30-2005 by Ryku]

umm...
cman surge rank 3
cman side by side rank 1
cman wspec rank 2
strength
signs
paladin spells
5x falchion
kai's song

Ryku
01-29-2005, 10:03 PM
Mmmmmm....

Gizmo
01-29-2005, 10:25 PM
If you have the man-power (meaning more than one account with high level wizards and junk_ I'd say it's very well easy to do. All ya need them to do is knock down the crits for ya and so on. However, with a Solo Paladin, the AS isn't as high and things aren't as easy.

I prefer not to take the easy way out, that's just no fun.

AnticorRifling
01-29-2005, 10:52 PM
My paladin has a self spelled AS of 237 at lvl 14 it's not that hard.

Gizmo
01-29-2005, 10:59 PM
Nope it's not, self spelled at 14, my AS is 244 I believe. I however, wanna see how many points he's converted..Due to the fact that path is pretty TP intensive...Along with his stats,

You swing a pitch black eonake flail at a giant rat!
AS: +244 vs DS: -6 with AvD: +40 + d100 roll: +61 = +351
... and hit for 189 points of damage!
Left leg ripped from socket at the knee!
The giant rat squeals loudly and falls to the ground while frantically gnawing at its wounded left hind leg.
The giant rat twitches and dies.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

Well I think I wanna go with the TWC Paladin. Anyone got a decent training plan? Also I am curious, are there any advantages to using TWC? And are there any CMans that compliment TWC?
Thanks.

To answer your question Daragon, 1 advantage to some may be the extra swing on an opponent. Another would be when trained in MOC or Multi-Opponent Combat, you gain a very good benefit of having that extra swing on each critter. 5 ranks yeilds the ability to swing for a total of 4 times at 2 creatures...Twice at each. For about a 5-7second Round Time if done right. It's pretty much an entire 'nother attack at the cost of maybe 2 seconds more most.

[Edited on 1-30-2005 by Gizmo]

Eviltwinpsu
01-30-2005, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Gizmo
Nope it's not, self spelled at 14, my AS is 244 I believe. I however, wanna see how many points he's converted..Due to the fact that path is pretty TP intensive...Along with his stats,

You swing a pitch black eonake flail at a giant rat!
AS: +244 vs DS: -6 with AvD: +40 + d100 roll: +61 = +351
... and hit for 189 points of damage!
Left leg ripped from socket at the knee!
The giant rat squeals loudly and falls to the ground while frantically gnawing at its wounded left hind leg.
The giant rat twitches and dies.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

Thanks.

To answer your question Daragon, 1 advantage to some may be the extra swing on an opponent. Another would be when trained in MOC or Multi-Opponent Combat, you gain a very good benefit of having that extra swing on each critter. 5 ranks yeilds the ability to swing for a total of 4 times at 2 creatures...Twice at each. For about a 5-7second Round Time if done right. It's pretty much an entire 'nother attack at the cost of maybe 2 seconds more most.

[Edited on 1-30-2005 by Gizmo]

(156 Phy converted to Mnt)