PDA

View Full Version : INVISIBILITY (916) UPDATE

theotherjohn
01-26-2005, 06:34 AM
Using the UNHIDE command while invisible will drop the invisibility effect.

Bobmuhthol
01-26-2005, 06:37 AM
Congratulations, Simutronics, for giving into the wizards' demands. Coming soon: Instant Enchant (901).

+1 post count.

Fallen
01-26-2005, 07:49 AM
Well, before people were attempting to misusing the trip and tackle verbs to make the invisibility drop. This only makes sense.

Nieninque
01-26-2005, 08:02 AM
It makes no sense in terms of time spent doing things that could be better spent elsewhere.

When I was invisible and didnt want to be any more, it was a simple case of:

tackle my cloak
Tackle what?
You fade into visibility

Where's the problem?

Parkbandit
01-26-2005, 08:07 AM
It was a bug that was fixed. What's the problem with doing that again? Perhaps not worth the effort put into the fix.. but then again, we don't know what that effort was. Could have been just a single line that says if the player typed UNHIDE then turn off the invisibility.

Drew
01-26-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Nieninque
It makes no sense in terms of time spent doing things that could be better spent elsewhere.

When I was invisible and didnt want to be any more, it was a simple case of:

tackle my cloak
Tackle what?
You fade into visibility

Where's the problem?

It didn't work in a sanct

Meos
01-26-2005, 01:04 PM
holy shit they finally did it?!

AkMan
01-26-2005, 01:05 PM
This is only 5 years overdue. Gosh what command did I use to use? ... Ambush <cloak or other article of my clothing> I think is what I had to do back in the day to drop invisibility.

NINJA EDIT: The command I was thinking of was TACKLE <an article of your clothing>.

[Edited on 1-26-2005 by AkMan]

Fallen
01-26-2005, 01:27 PM
If others haven't noticed, the Simu staff has recently been making a pretty sizable effort to look into bugs new and old to be fixed. Recently several page long lists have been released of all the bugs being addressed.

Further, when reading the official boards lately, I am finding GMs asking players to name any bugs they are aware of within town so they might be addressed. They are also seeking to learn what players would like to have added to the town, and more importantly, what they would like to have left alone. Some of these suggestions have already been added.

Evarin and his Mis'ri

Xenostrus
01-26-2005, 04:02 PM
People bitch if a bug isnt fixed and they bitch if it is fixed. Make up your damn minds people!

Wezas
01-26-2005, 04:08 PM
I agree, it's retarded they didn't have it years ago. This should be considered a bug fix - not a new feature for wizards.

AnticorRifling
01-26-2005, 10:09 PM
Cool. Last I knew trip didn't work anymore. I switched to using pound anticor and that unhid me.

I don't know if unhide is the proper verb as you're invisible and not hidden but I can see how this is a decent request and action taken.

Catch 22 damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Fallen
01-26-2005, 11:27 PM
See the Elemental Dispel fix ... Why hasn't that been posted yet?

iohova
01-27-2005, 03:09 AM
what makes me laugh, is i made a suggestion about using unhide to get out of invisibility back in.. 1998? heh.
right about the same time as that too, id also made a suggestion about being able to look into adjacent rooms... which was released not to long ago as well right? lol

took em long enough!! lol

[Edited on 1-27-2005 by iohova]

Nieninque
01-27-2005, 05:59 AM
True, it is something that sounds like it needed to be done.
If it is something that only took a minute to do however, thereby using up minimal resources to remedy, then why didnt they do something five years ago?
If it is something that is time consuming and the reason they hadnt done it before now was because they didnt have the resources, then I just figure there are things that really dont work or are pointless the way they are now, that would be better dealt with than this.
Not that it's a big problem they did it, it sounds like it was welomed, so I shut up now, just to say that I hate the way they fix something that was broken and then sing about how great they are "Hey look what fantastic things we did for you mugs...!" when they should have been sorted a long time ago (80% of HSN or RSN etc..)

Brattt8525
01-27-2005, 08:19 AM
I wonder just how much time it did take. I used transfer <person> or tackle <object> honestly it never seemed such a big deal.

Parkbandit
01-27-2005, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Brattt8525
I wonder just how much time it did take. I used transfer <person> or tackle <object> honestly it never seemed such a big deal.

That would be impossible when you are alone in a sanctuary... ie table. I had to use roll laugh, which was annoying

Nieninque
01-27-2005, 08:39 AM
Transfer person would be workable in a sanct. I have to say I didnt know that that would bring you out of invisibility though.

Brattt8525
01-27-2005, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Parkbandit

Originally posted by Brattt8525

That would be impossible when you are alone in a sanctuary... ie table. I had to use roll laugh, which was annoying

That is why I said I used either transfer person OR tackle object.

Brattt8525
01-27-2005, 09:03 AM
Also here: Fendaen who is sitting, Lylithe
Obvious paths: north, east, south, west
>transfer fendaen
You are visible again.
Nothing happens.

Fallen
01-27-2005, 11:16 AM
It was annoying to play "find the bug" to get out of hiding. The problem has now been solved.