PDA

View Full Version : Squelching a single command/returned line

Dugoar
01-01-2018, 10:00 PM
I have been searching around trying to figure out the best way to do this.

I have a script for loading my crossbow. It is a crossbow that can hold 5 bolts, I have a bad habit of trying to load a sixth bolt, which causes me to end up getting a bolt out and not being able to load it.

So I have altered the script to LOOK at my crossbow and then bail out if its fully loaded. The problem is it creates a lot of screen spam for me, looking at my crossbow every time I load it. Is there a way to just squelch the command and returned line, only in the script (I would still like to be able to look at the crossbow when not in the script?

Another option might be if there is a way to see the description of the crossbow without using an in game command, similar to how you can get the noun by using GameObj.left_hand.noun.

Thanks!

SpiffyJr
01-02-2018, 07:01 PM
Heh, I wrote a script for those xbows to load them and reduce the spam. Message Kip's when I'm around so I upload it for you to take a look at.

Dugoar
01-02-2018, 08:26 PM
Awesome! Will do!

I wrote this one back when I was planning on carrying multiple crossbows, with multiple ammo types. You specify crossbow/ammo pairs and it checks which crossbow you are holding and uses the correct ammo.

In the long run I ended up only carrying a single crossbow with a single ammo type, so a bit overkill.

Thanks! Will message you later

Dugoar
01-03-2018, 10:40 AM
Thanks to Spiffy for the script! I was actually able to use his to learn quite a bit and make minor adjustments to my own to accomplish what I was looking for. I can post my actual solution later tonight, in case anyone was interested.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk