PDA

View Full Version : Download.Trojan

01-25-2005, 10:13 AM
I have a low wild, low damage and low distribution Trojan Horse in a compressed local setting .CAB, nonetheless I'd like to p22 its ass, but can't because it's a compressed system file and one-half the way into opening the folders that contain it, the compressed files that it's in become unviewable, even with hidden folders being viewable.

I've tried restarting in safe mode to delete it, searching for it with respect to hidden and system, and still no luck :(

Updated Norton can't delete it either.

Help... please?

Eiderfleur
01-25-2005, 10:26 AM
Norton sucks so much ass!

As for the virus if you click on the name in the norton "cleanup" window then it takes you to their site and gives you step by step instructions on how to delete it and things infected by it etc (usually).

01-25-2005, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Eiderfleur
Norton sucks so much ass!

As for the virus if you click on the name in the norton "cleanup" window then it takes you to their site and gives you step by step instructions on how to delete it and things infected by it etc (usually).

Since I'm infection #49, they didn't really have a plethora of helpful trial-and-error information as to delete this virus, they basically said to delete Temp files through IE, which I did, and of course, didn't work. :rant:

01-25-2005, 10:35 AM
p.s. This was in IE5/6 content, the only virus I've gotten through non-downloading related web-browsing. No problem with the Netscape compressed files.

Netscape has better virus-protection than IE.

Zentoph
01-25-2005, 03:23 PM
I think a browser put together by a kid in his garage in 5 minutes has better virus protection then IE.

Bobmuhthol
01-25-2005, 03:31 PM
But the ones people make always suck so horribly. I can't stand any other browser's interface.

Artha
01-25-2005, 03:35 PM
FireFox r0x. Get it.

Soulpieced
01-25-2005, 04:15 PM
Maybe if you listened to any of my posts advocating the use of SpySweeper, you wouldn't have said problem. Eh, oh well.

Parkbandit
01-25-2005, 04:20 PM
I use Stinger and Spybot Search & Destroy.

I'm trojan free.

01-25-2005, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Soulpieced
Maybe if you listened to any of my posts advocating the use of SpySweeper, you wouldn't have said problem. Eh, oh well.

Maybe if you removed the tampon from your ass...

Anyway, I do have spysweeper, and ad-aware blows it out of the fucking water.

hectomaner
01-25-2005, 05:06 PM
spysweeper is the #1 tool for anti-spyware shit, period. i'd say microsoft goes #2, and hijack this (if you know what you are doing) #3.

ad-aware, well, kinda sucks

Soulpieced
01-25-2005, 05:37 PM
What hectomaner said.

Artha
01-25-2005, 05:38 PM
FireFox is the best. Nothing beats prevention.

Soulpieced
01-25-2005, 05:40 PM
Yeah, and abstinence is the only surefire way of preventing pregnancy. Not everyone likes the interface of FireFox, and prefer to use IE.

[Edited on 1-25-2005 by Soulpieced]

Anebriated
01-25-2005, 10:18 PM
I use firefox and microsofts AntiSpyware. Seems to take care of everything I need.

Thunderbird kicks ass too.

DeV
01-26-2005, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Artha
FireFox is the best. Nothing beats prevention. I have also come to this conclusion, bar none. After battling viruses, trojans and whatever else embedded itself my computer and interrupted my browsing I've settled on FireFox. Best choice I've ever made when it comes to anything internet related.

xtc
01-26-2005, 04:14 PM
Stan new one on me. You could try an online scan that offers a clean feature and see if that helps, failing that you can always reformat. A pain but better than having some 14 year old kid controlling your computer with a trojan. A good firewall will stop anyone from connecting to the trojan. Is zone alarm still free.

Talben
01-26-2005, 05:04 PM
i agree with artha. firefox is the best browser there is, and the interface is fairly close to that of IE.

also i used to cheerlead for ad-aware but lately it's been really shitty. i haven't had a chance to try out anything else though.