PDA

View Full Version : Cleric Fixskills?

Arqueto
01-23-2005, 03:52 AM
Hey everyone. I've taken over a level 55 cleric recently and am looking for any thoughts/suggestions/comments/whatever on his stats and overall training. If things are horribly skewed I may end up using fixskills on him to get things on the right track. He's a giantman, by the way.

(STR): 90 (35)
(CON): 88 (29
(DEX): 100 (20)
(AGI): 99 (19)
(DIS): 64 (7)
(AUR): 98 (19)
(LOG): 68 (4)
(INT): 100 (25)
(WIS): 100 (25)
(INF): 59 (9)

Armor Use 35
Shield Use 158
Edged Weapons 158
Physical Fitness 132
Arcane Symbols 126
Magic Item Use 126
Harness Power 179
Spirit Mana Control 122
Spiritual Lore - Blessings 78
Spiritual Lore - Religion 187
Spiritual Lore - Summoning 50
Survival 45
Perception 120
Climbing 105
Swimming 90
First Aid 158

Your spell lists:
Minor Spiritual...35
Major Spiritual...25
Cleric Base.......61

So far I've been able to hunt Bonespear with him without a problem... Any thoughts?

TheRoseLady
01-23-2005, 10:03 AM
Please post the number of ranks for the skills. I don't want to have to find a chart and convert them.

Also bane or smite aligned?

[Edited on 1-23-2005 by TheRoseLady]

Arqueto
02-01-2005, 07:22 AM
Sorry for the delay in responding, but things have been busy in preparation for deploying back to CONUS. Thank god the time is almost here. As I said in my previous post I’ve taken over a giantman cleric (now level 57) and am curious as to how his training looks. Does anyone notice any glaring errors in regards to what I’ve come up with? Here is how his stats/skills look at 57.

STR 91
CON 89
DEX 100
AGL 99
DIS 67
AUR 98
LOG 68
INT 100
WIS 100
INF 63

Armor Use 8
Shield Use 58
Edged Weapons 58
Physical Fitness 30
Climbing 30
Swimming 20
Perception 58
First Aid 58
Arcane Symbols 30
Magic Item Use 30
Harness Power 87
Spirit Mana Control 30
Lore - Blessings 15
Lore - Religion 86
Lore - Summoning 15

His spell training is as follows:

Major Spirit 25
Minor Spirit 32
Cleric 63

I am curious as to any thoughts anyone might have on him. I’ve never played a cleric so far and would like to make him the best I possibly can. From all the research I have done, religion lore seems to be a factor into 302, which is the spell I’ve primarily used thus far. 30 ranks of climb and 20 ranks of swim should be more than enough, right? Also, is 30 ranks of MIU/AS sufficient, or should I go for more? I will probably 1.5x harness power, unless there are any thoughts on this. I don’t seem to have any mana problems to speak of, and wracking is always there if need be. I plan to double the clerical circle from here on out to boost his CS in that area, and toss the extra spell ranks into the Minor circle. From what I understand, there is no cap to the bonus for 120. Is this true? I don’t really see much benefit in training past 225 in the Major circle, but maybe someone has some thoughts on this.

He is smite-aligned and so far I’ve been hunting wind wraiths with no problems whatsoever. After that I will probably move to soul golems for a few trains, but after that I have no idea what to hunt. Any suggestions? I’m up for moving if need be, because I don’t know of anything undead on Teras to really hunt beyond soul golems.

Sorry for all the questions, but as I said I really want to make him as good as I possibly can. So, please, tear him up. Thanks in advance for any help I might receive.

Alarke
02-01-2005, 07:44 PM
Nail on the head with the last post... glad to see im corrupting all the clerics here! mwahaha.

hectomaner
02-02-2005, 04:25 AM
convert to paladin

TheRoseLady
02-02-2005, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Ryenn
- Drop the Harness Power to 1x (a giant in CoL shouldn't need more than this)

- Drop the Lores down to 1x religion and get rid of the other ones.

Holy Receptacle is useful to a smite cleric do blessing 301 into orb gems which will hold undead for 1 mana a wave. Keep enough lores to be able to use it efficiently, I use it all the time in the rift.

1.5x HP is what I do, and I seem to have enough mana.

Arqueto
02-02-2005, 08:19 AM
Hmm. I've been hunting open handed to make smite more effective, so I suppose going ahead and making the switch to brawling would make sense, huh?

As far as the HP goes, I think I will probably stay with 1.5x. I like having the mana and not having to wrack all the time. I will also drop all the lores except for religion. I definitely want extra TPs to drop into spells.

Is brig really worth it? Last question.

hectomaner
02-02-2005, 01:10 PM
as to the open hand issue, if you are a casting, thats the way to go, so i'd either sheild/brawl or runestaff/brawl, up to you, some like the runestaff route, but some swear by the shield

and for the HP issue, any ranks over 1x only yield 1 mana per rank, so you would be losing aprox 30 mana for a lot of extra TPs, which could be put into spells

spell wise, you should get your minor spirit up to 140, to get wall of force, and increase your bonus in 120 a bit. your major spirit circle is good for a while (IMO its not worth training more in yet for the added +1 DS per 3 ranks bonus to 202), and for cleric ranks, you still have another 14 ranks you can have that still give you +.75 to your CS before dropping to +.5. good thing to take advantage of

and yes, brig is worth it

i cant comment on the lore thing, i dont really know what they do, my cleric has 0 lore training, he's simply 1.5x AS, MIU, 1x HP, SMC, 3x spells, and 2x FA 1x survival

Alarke
02-02-2005, 03:01 PM
You dont need any lores to put SPELLS into gems, just to put the tiers in. I put 307 in gems daily for a rogue with only religon lore, so that isnt an issue. Don't go above 1x HP in my opinon, I used to be 1.5x, but i managed to gain about 11 CS by losing only 27 mana, so clearly since you can wrack the CS would be huge. Brig is VERY worth it, I wouldnt go below it, and honestly im in torso chain and wouldn't reccomend anything else. Stick with a shield, you'll be glad you did later, and train mainly in minor and cleric. You gain +1 DS per rank of 313 and +1 DS per 2 ranks of minor from 102 AND 120, so it's well worth it. Hope that helps a little.

Sean
02-02-2005, 07:19 PM
I'm assuming shes using it because its a 0 mana bind and lets her take her time in killing the other things besides the naisarics

Alarke
02-02-2005, 10:53 PM
Plus on plane 3 the N'ec (not even gonna TRY and spell the rest) can be nasty and 4 and 5 are primarily undead, so a wave of free mana is always nice.

Arqueto
02-03-2005, 06:35 AM
Okay, after taking the advice to heart that I’ve received thus far, here’s what I’ve come up with. Stats will remain the same as the previous post, unless someone has a better suggestion for me. Anyways, here’s the training:

Armor Use 35
Shield Use 58
Brawling 58
Physical Fitness 30
Perception 58
First Aid 58
Arcane Symbols 30
Magic Item Use 30
Harness Power 58
Spirit Mana Control 30
Spiritual Lore 58
Religion 58

Spell training will be as follows:

Spell Research 148
Major Spirit 32
Minor Spirit 33
Cleric 83

The hinderances in brig will be 6% for the minor circle, and 7% for both major and clerical, right? Please tell me if my numbers are wrong. From what I can see, his major and minor circles will be a CS of about 258, and his clerical circle CS will be boosted 20 points to 295 from my original CS of 275. Dropping his harness power to 1x from 1.5x will only give me 17 less mana, which should be no problem at all. I was open hand casting in offensive despite being trained in edged weapons, but I know the DS boost will definitely be good that I will get from brawling.

Only other question I have would be for a suggestion of something to hunt once I outgrow wind wraiths. As far as I can tell I’m gonna have to leave Teras to find some undead to hunt, huh? Let me know what you think.

Two weeks and I leave Iraq, by the way. I doubt anyone here really knows me, but still, I can’t wait to get back to the states and drink a cold beer. Haha.

Alarke
02-03-2005, 01:52 PM
You hinderance numbers are correct, it'll be 6/7%. Just running numbers quick and guessing on your Wisdom, I have your new CS for cleric circle around 291-292.

After wind wraiths you could hunt plane 1 on the rift, or the tower in illistim and kill shrickhen. Just a couple of ideas, gotta be at least 66 to get into the rift and 67 to get into the tower, so im not positive about undead between them.

Ryenn
02-03-2005, 02:59 PM
Way to go.

Welcome back from Iraq.

TheRoseLady
02-03-2005, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Ryenn

Just out of curiousity why are you using 301? Do you bolt?

The last thing I was gonna say about the cleric training was I would seriously consider realigning to bane. I would only be smite-aligned for RPing reasons and even then I would try to find a reason to convert...just me though. [/quote]

Yep, I bolt and use 301 for the reason that Tijay mentioned. Naisircs are nasty little ranger/wizard types. Call wind and then vine or vice versa - they get a vortex offa the call wind and you are about dead meat. :lol:

Smite clerics have gotten an improvement with 312 and 317 - so things aren't as bad off as they were.

Arqueto
02-05-2005, 04:19 AM
Well, everyone, it's official. I'm an idiot. I used my fixskills option with the training I posted before, with no climbing or swimming. And to top it off, I attempted to train for level 57 which I haven't quite reached yet so I came up short on TPs. Well, I guess the only thing I can do now is migrate the skills normally, right?

Damn, damn, damn. And I thought I had everything fixed up just right. It's going to take forever to migrate in climb/swim. Speaking of which, 30 ranks of climb and 15 ranks of swim should be sufficient, right? Let me know what you think. And please, tell me I'm an idiot. I need it to be confirmed.

hectomaner
02-05-2005, 04:37 AM
i'd go 30/30

my mage had 25/25 going to the rift and had a little trouble swimming

and you arent an idiot, shit happens. i did it too with my fixskills on one character, same thing actually, forgot climbing, i just caught up next train, i got climbing to 20 ranks, while it cost alot and i couldnt train in much else, i was just a little behind, by about 1 training, and started training as normal the next train on

i could have migrated, but thats just a pain, and i get confused when i have the TPs but i cant use them

Arqueto
02-05-2005, 04:39 AM
30/30, huh? I had no idea it was necessary to have that much swimming. I was always under the impression that 30/15 was enough to get you anywhere you needed to go, including the Rift. Damn.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Stunseed
02-05-2005, 07:13 AM
30 ranks of both are needed. Used to be something like 30/20 unencumbered, but you definately want the full 30/30.

Sean
02-05-2005, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Stunseed
30 ranks of both are needed. Used to be something like 30/20 unencumbered, but you definately want the full 30/30.

For what? Same profession/same race as the original poster and I've never had any problems navigating the rift with 25/25

Stunseed
02-05-2005, 09:19 AM
I've heard of multiple people having issues. I've never taken a Giantman, personally, so the number might be skewed. I spose I'm more the better safe than sorry type when it comes to training. I defer to your knowledge and experience.

TheRoseLady
02-05-2005, 12:13 PM
I can get into the rift with 25/25 no problem, thing is that you usually aren't encumbered going in. I have added add'l climbing to my cleric because she usually has a ton of boxes coming out and needs to be able to get over the rocks to get down to Mule.

At this time she has 35/25 but I think 25/25 is the min.

Arqueto
02-05-2005, 12:30 PM
Okay, I got everything fixed, I think. I was waiting on the migration for the climb/swim ranks, and before it was done I reached level 57. When I trained for level 57, I checked my skills afterwards and now they look like this:

Armor Use 35
Shield Use 58
Brawling 58
Physical Fitness 30
Climbing 30
Swimming 16
Perception 58
First Aid 58
Arcane Symbols 30
Magic Item Use 30
Harness Power 58
Spirit Mana Control 30
Spiritual Lore 58
Religion 58

I will continue to single swimming until I get 30 ranks. I figure I will be okay because I'll have those ranks by the time I need them.

Any idea why the migration happened all of a sudden when I reached level 57?

Ryenn
02-05-2005, 06:29 PM
Looks good - sucks about the climb/swim.

I would go with 30/30 to be on the safe side, personally.

Arqueto
02-06-2005, 10:37 AM
Trying to fit 30/30 at my level would've screwed things up, and as it is I'll be close to 30/30 by the time I hit 66 and can even get in the Rift in the first place.