PDA

View Full Version : Official: ESN: Rewards for patients!

audioserf
11-18-2017, 01:38 PM
On the fourth day of ESN, empaths gained the ability to share some of their learning with their patients through the bond temporarily shared between them by the act of healing. When empaths are awarded their experience from healing, the patient will also be awarded 20% percent of that amount as Long Term Experience up to a maximum of 250 LTE per day. For those curious, the goal of this update is to encourage players to seek out healers over the alternatives when possible.

Questions, concerns, joy, anger? Feel free to share!

Enjoy!

~ Konacon

This message was originally posted in Empaths, Developer's Corner - Empaths. To discuss the above, follow the link below.

http://forums.play.net/forums/19/232/2595/view/441

Fallen
11-18-2017, 02:24 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to audioserf again.

Fallen
11-18-2017, 02:42 PM
One question - will this require an empathic link, or is the effect automatic?

This is just automatic from transferring. Nothing special required.

I'm assuming this is the thing that was teased yesterday that the transfer effect was needed for, my first impression is to have mixed feelings about it.

It is not.

On the other hand, I can see some obnoxious twit coming in right as I'm trying log out for the night/track down a merchant/etc and demand I mess around with linking to them and waiting for them to get their exp...

I am not sure I understand what you're saying here. If you heal people, they will get LTE. There's nothing more complicated to it.

What if the patient is dead at the time of healing?

This shouldn't stop the patient from getting the LTE. :)

As a long-time primarily healing Empath, all I can say is..WOOOOOOOWWWW...

Thanks!

~ Konacon

Mogonis
11-18-2017, 02:45 PM
Did Konacon drop acid and come up with a bunch of stuff to do for empaths?

Fallen
11-18-2017, 02:49 PM
Did Konacon drop acid and come up with a bunch of stuff to do for empaths?

Looks like it is an active push to try to get more healers on duty. If I had to guess, they're looking at what people complain about if/when they quit and fill out a survey or using some other metric.

Mogonis
11-18-2017, 02:50 PM
fill out a survey or using some other metric.
These exist, or are you playing along?

Viekn
11-18-2017, 02:53 PM
Looks like it is an active push to try to get more healers on duty. If I had to guess, they're looking at what people complain about if/when they quit and fill out a survey or using some other metric.

Would be nice if this was part of an overall push to increase use of player services. If so, would be nice to see a revamp of lock pick and disarm to include a reduction in round times.

Viekn
11-18-2017, 02:55 PM
These exist, or are you playing along?

The website does ask you why you are quitting when you submit the request.

audioserf
11-18-2017, 02:57 PM
Gotta think the same model is coming for rogue picking in order to take some business from ;townsmith

Taernath
11-18-2017, 02:58 PM
Gotta think the same model is coming for rogue picking in order to take some business from ;townsmith

I don't know how they'd code box ownership.

audioserf
11-18-2017, 03:13 PM
Maybe some sort of bootleg linking process from picker to customer. I dunno. Yeah that issue seems hard.

Fallen
11-18-2017, 03:26 PM
Not to belittle Konacon's efforts, but if the reward for using a PC Locksmith is something along the lines of 250 extra LT experience, I doubt it'd make a dent either way.

If they started making boxes count as 1 item in lockers, I think that would have a fairly dramatic effect, though.

Mogonis
11-18-2017, 03:30 PM
Just have disarmed scarabs duplicate themselves so both parties get one, heh.

Malisai
11-19-2017, 01:52 PM
The problem with player services is that....you need a player providing it. In many areas, its can be hard to find a healer or a locksmith. Overall the cost of herbs and the town locksmith isnt bad.

With herbs, i can heal down enough to stop the bleeding and wait for a healer, but for a locksmith, i cant keep the boxes from more than one hunt, so i either have to trash them or take them to the NPC.

Fallen
11-19-2017, 02:19 PM
Another suggestion i've seen for increasing PC locksmiths would be the ability to leave your boxes with the NPC locksmith and have them be available for players to open them. It'd involve a lot of coding, but paying a lesser fee and having to wait a bit for players to get to them would be enticing enough to get participation on both ends. Eventually, locksmiths would stake themselves out at the turn-in point and try to bypass the system, which would be even better.

I honestly believe the issue is storage more than anything else.

Gelston
11-19-2017, 02:52 PM
Another suggestion i've seen for increasing PC locksmiths would be the ability to leave your boxes with the NPC locksmith and have them be available for players to open them. It'd involve a lot of coding, but paying a lesser fee and having to wait a bit for players to get to them would be enticing enough to get participation on both ends. Eventually, locksmiths would stake themselves out at the turn-in point and try to bypass the system, which would be even better.

I honestly believe the issue is storage more than anything else.

Waiting? Nah.

Taernath
11-19-2017, 03:24 PM
The issue isn't availability or cost, the NPC locksmith is just a huge timesaver. You can get 10 boxes opened in 10 seconds vs. 10 boxes opened in 10 minutes. Hell, even on my picking rogue I sometimes go to the locksmith instead of just opening them myself.

Viekn
11-19-2017, 03:34 PM
The issue isn't availability or cost, the NPC locksmith is just a huge timesaver. You can get 10 boxes opened in 10 seconds vs. 10 boxes opened in 10 minutes. Hell, even on my picking rogue I sometimes go to the locksmith instead of just opening them myself.

This. It takes near zero coding to reduce the player lockpicking/disarm round time and I would be much more willing to use a player locksmith if it did.

Malisai
11-19-2017, 03:42 PM
I think a combo of reducing picking/disarm RT and having a spot to turn in the boxes to wait for a PC to pick as they can get to it would be great.

Fallen
11-19-2017, 03:49 PM
I agree locksmith RT could be lowered across the board. Less tedium, more fun.

Archigeek
11-19-2017, 09:01 PM
Cool. Hope they follow up with a similar change for rogues.

Fortybox
11-21-2017, 09:55 PM

Simu listening to their consumer base? BWAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAA

https://media2.giphy.com/media/snfZVNj9DtXLa/giphy.gif

Archigeek
11-22-2017, 10:14 AM
It's settled then. Lowered locksmith RT! Make it so.

I still love the shared LT experience idea. I would at least look for a locksmith if that were a thing. I'm also going to propose capping the sharing with 1 person at some number, say 500 LT experience per day or something like That, per customer. Combine that with an RT reduction and I think we might have some reasonable incentive.

Back on the empath front, I still think that people stopped using empath when penalties to CMANs were introduced for wounds. It necessitates field healing in a major way, where warriors at least, used to come back from a hunt looking like Swiss cheese. Now, because they probably use CMANs more than anyone else, the formerly best customers are now rarely customers at all. Changes sometimes have unforeseen consequences.

audioserf
11-22-2017, 10:33 AM
Dropping locksmith RT really does seem (I know I don't know about coding or how GS is set up) at face value like a very simple change to make with no downsides to it. I hope they end up going that route.

n0551n3n0m1n3
11-22-2017, 10:50 AM
Implement hard rt with the town locksmith

Taernath
11-22-2017, 10:56 AM

I'd rather see player picking buffed than a nerf to another system.

Archigeek
11-22-2017, 11:27 AM

I'd be alright with that. I know it would piss off a lot of other people though. It makes very little sense that it doesn't take any time whatsoever.

Fallen
11-22-2017, 11:55 AM
The town locksmith drains a lot of silver from the lands in terms of converting boxes to silver. I'd rather not see that disincentivized by making the process tedious. Better to buff Rogues than to nerf systems.

n0551n3n0m1n3
11-22-2017, 01:32 PM
True but as someone who has played a capped rogue, you can pick boxes below your hunting range with little to no rt as it is. Disarming it isnt too long either, and we get to keep the goodies(scarabs, trap components). Id prefer more lucrative silver drains,i.e. silver only auctions, over the locksmith.

And rogues are already way too op...just saying.