PDA

View Full Version : Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia

Taernath
11-16-2017, 11:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fu0UPnk4kc

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/thrones-britannia-faq

What is the date range of the game?

It starts in 878 AD, and like other Total War games it’s over once you win! There is no set end-date, though the content in the game covers up to around 1066.

What geographical area will it cover?

The map is the whole of the British Isles, we’ve gone for such a focused map to allow for us to put a lot of detail into it.

What are the playable factions?

We’ll be confirming all ten of the playable factions over the coming months but for now we can tell you that you’ll be able to play as Anglo-Saxons, Viking settlers and certain Gaelic clans.

What are the key features?

The game will offer a super-detailed campaign map, with more regional distinction. You can also enjoy new, unique faction and culture mechanics with deep narratives and character development, and we’ve worked hard to introduce all sorts of tweaks to various campaign systems to enable the player to make more powerful and impactful choices. These are things we’ve already announced, though more key features will be announced soon!

Might be cool. I would have preferred a full on Medieval 3 though.

Gelston
11-16-2017, 11:42 AM
I wish they'd tell us their next major historical title.

Taernath
11-16-2017, 11:54 AM
I wish they'd tell us their next major historical title.

They mentioned in a blog that the "we'll never do a 3" quote is no longer the case, so if it's anything it's mostly likely Medieval 3. I wouldn't mind seeing something in China though. Warring states maybe.

They really, REALLY need to make the settlement siege mechanics from Atilla the default. Warhammer sieges are so terrible in comparison.

Gelston
11-16-2017, 12:16 PM
They mentioned in a blog that the "we'll never do a 3" quote is no longer the case, so if it's anything it's mostly likely Medieval 3. I wouldn't mind seeing something in China though. Warring states maybe.

They really, REALLY need to make the settlement siege mechanics from Atilla the default. Warhammer sieges are so terrible in comparison.

The quote wasn't "never do a 3" it was "You won't be seeing a 3 for a very long time." They did say the next major historical will be a period they haven't extensively covered. I'm hoping it is Victorian.

I have likes and dislikes about Warhammer's sieges. I hate how the walls just turn into smoke and vanish. I like the background imagery and the detail. I don't like how you are started right in the firing arc of towers and shit. I think siege maps definitely need to be bigger.

Taernath
05-03-2018, 11:53 AM
Released today. Looks great and runs smooth. HOWEVER.... units occasionally turn their backs to the enemy, presenting their supple buttocks for imminent pillage. It happens most with skirmish mode, they just turn around and stand still, resigned to their fate of getting charged by cavalry in wedge formation.

Gelston
05-03-2018, 12:39 PM
O'm playing it right now, it is pretty awesome. I'm playing as West Seax, just went to war with East Engle. Pwning them.

Gelston
05-03-2018, 12:41 PM
Going back to a previous thing though, I'm definitely going to get a mod that reduces tower range. In this game, still, they reach out into the deployment zone.

Taernath
05-03-2018, 02:09 PM
Yeah towers have been crazy since.. Attila I think. Definitely want a mod for that, and maybe something to make the campaign map/UI a little clearer.

I'm playing as Mide but can't figure out how to make a trade agreement. I started out with one, but there's no option for it in diplomacy. Maybe there's a tech I have to research? Dunno.

Gelston
05-03-2018, 02:12 PM
Yeah towers have been crazy since.. Attila I think. Definitely want a mod for that, and maybe something to make the campaign map/UI a little clearer.

I'm playing as Mide but can't figure out how to make a trade agreement. I started out with one, but there's no option for it in diplomacy. Maybe there's a tech I have to research? Dunno.

I think trade is automated.

Gelston
05-03-2018, 03:34 PM
Hah, this is cool. So I'm playing as the Welsh Kingdom Gwynnid or whatever now. An event popped up and I could either Annex, ignore, etc. Annexing would cause West Seax to be angry so whatever. I decided to annex anyways. West Seax and all its vassals declared war on me. I tried to sue for peace (they were the #1 strength rating at the time, I was like #5), but they refused so I created an army down there and got it up to about 13 units and just tore into one of its vassals. I had just finished a war in Wales and was bring my other army of 13 down to assist. Then I notice King Alfred and a 20 stack marching at my lands, so I increased the 13 I had down there to 20, and withdrew to my castle. I had been investing in quartermaster so I could outmarch him easily.

I had a couple turns to let my army get its reinforcements, King alfred didn't even care about the unguarded settlements, he just came right at the castle town and sieged it. Big mistake for him, my 20 stack was about full reinforced and I had the garrison of like 8 units. I killed King Alfred and destroyed his entire army. I again sued for peace and this time the accepted it, but I'm now rated #1 and they dropped to #3. I kept the newly annexed lands from the event and all but conquered one of his vassals.

The timing worked out perfect too, because East Engle had just began invading Wales, and I have taken upon myself to be the defender of Wales. That 13 stack I had heading down to help out in the south U turned and back up to the north. Right now I only have a 5 stack up there securing the front.

Taernath
05-13-2018, 12:53 PM
There's a patch coming out next week that's supposed to bump the difficulty up. I haven't been able to play much, but ToB does feel pretty easy. I've taken over most of Ireland mostly via just attacking people while their armies are away or during rebellions.