PDA

View Full Version : I do so love killing myself.

Lomoriond
01-21-2005, 02:28 AM
A hisskra warrior swings a slimy trident at you!
AS: +242 vs DS: +206 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +100 = +166
... and hits for 90 points of damage!
A mighty hit turns your insides to outsides!
Your SIGN OF SHIELDS is no longer effective.
Your SIGN OF STRIKING is no longer effective.
The buzz of thoughts in your mind subsides.
Your SIGN OF DEFENDING is no longer effective.
Your SIGN OF SWORDS is no longer effective.
Your SIGN OF SMITING is no longer effective.
Your SIGN OF WARDING is no longer effective.
It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...

You mentally give a sigh of relief as you remember that the Goddess Lorminstra owes you a favor.

...departing in 10 mins...
The hisskra warrior looses a terrifying reptilian scream of victory!

* Lomoriond just bit the dust!
>
l in longcl
>
In the midnight black longcloak you see some dark green mail,

WOO FOR ARMOR!

To make it fun.. I did the same thing not 20 minutes later.

I feel pretty... oh so pretty...

L

Sweets
01-21-2005, 08:45 AM
I once tried to go hunting with a doughnut. I forgot I had it in my hand and I didn't really pay attention to the messaging when I unsheathed. I was using THE at the time so I had no shield. The raising cleric of course had to say dryly.

"You know you are attacking with a doughnut."

yep...good times.

Kainen
01-21-2005, 01:29 PM
I am not going to count the times I have forgotten to get out my runestaff.. only to see my DS after being attacked by a critter and think "why the hell is it so low??" *pause* "cursing myself for forgetting to get out my runestaff YET AGAIN"

Parkbandit
01-21-2005, 01:43 PM
I used a script that brought up all my COL signs, ensured I had a weapon in my right hand and a shield in my left, rubbed a statue, ensured I was wearing armor, and changed to stance defense.

Scripts are your friend. Use them.

Fengus
01-21-2005, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Sweets
I once tried to go hunting with a doughnut.

My solution to this is to highlight the output for my signs in red. Its different if you have no weapon out and the same for all three. When I see 3 solid red lines its a quick wakeup signal to me.

Axhinde
01-21-2005, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit
I used a script that brought up all my COL signs, ensured I had a weapon in my right hand and a shield in my left, rubbed a statue, ensured I was wearing armor, and changed to stance defense.

Scripts are your friend. Use them.

Unless of course you completely forget to use the script. I've went out without armor on a few times, and I do think that if I was going to forget about something, the script would have been included.

Parkbandit
01-21-2005, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Axhinde
Unless of course you completely forget to use the script. I've went out without armor on a few times, and I do think that if I was going to forget about something, the script would have been included.

First couple of times.. maybe... but then it was like "get my cleaver", it became 2nd nature. It's alot easier to remember to type .ready than it is to ensure everything is on correctly.

AlahnnaDenale
01-21-2005, 02:00 PM
I switched to brawling so I wouldn't have this problem.

I still forget my armor all the time though. That 20 DS is nice to have, but eh. I survive 95% of my hunts without it.

Chadj
01-21-2005, 02:09 PM
I forget my armor on occasion. It really blows, but I can survive without it. The 25 DS is nice, but I generally notice after I get swung at once or twice.

hectomaner
01-21-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Chadj
I forget my armor on occasion. It really blows, but I can survive without it. The 25 DS is nice, but I generally notice after I get swung at once or twice.

and you got it nice, quick fix, prep 1014, sing 13, or whatever asg you use

Artha
01-21-2005, 06:15 PM
I just used gird before I left town. And I had an alias for AS signs. DS signs are for pansies.