Jhynnifer
11-01-2017, 11:24 AM
a chestnut gornar-tipped warlance with a dark vamplate
5x, earth flares
3 minors unlocked, Tier 2 shock weapon.

MB 1.5m
CB 1.5m Roiken SOLD
BO: PM me.

You point your gornar-tipped warlance directly at a rolton and a swirl of russet brown energy surrounds its gornar tip. With a resounding crackle, a pale white bolt of force leaps from your gornar-tipped warlance and impacts the rolton!
... 35 points of damage!
Massive blow to neck snaps it!
The rolton collapses to the ground, emits a final bleat, and dies.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

You analyze your gornar-tipped warlance and sense that the item is largely free from merchant alteration restrictions.

The creator has also provided the following information:
* General Alterations are fine if you find an extremely skilled and rare merchant to work with this.
* It CAN have a long or a show description, if the merchant is comfortable adding one.
* The base material CANNOT change and must reference the associated flaring metal.
* Any merchant can lighten this.

Currently Unlocked Verbs:
Unlock Status: Tier 2 (3 of 3, fully unlocked)
Verbs Trapped: Point, Put (to load), Fix, Wave, Tap, Touch, Rub, Pull, Push, Lean, Shake.
Percent Damaged: 1%
Total Possible Charges: 10
Total Charges Remaining: 0
MERCHANT OPTIONS:

Standard Unlocks:
Current Cooldown: 10 Minutes
This can be upgraded to have its cooldown reduced to 5 minutes.
Current Unlock Status: MINOR
Current Critical Strength.
The warlance is currently set to default range.
This can be unlocked to have an increased minimum range.
Current Unlock Status: LOCKED
Degredation chance
The warlance currently has a 2%-5% chance to degrade.
This can be upgraded to have its degredation chance reduced to 1%-3%.
Feedback Chance
The warlance currently has a 3% chance to feedback.
This can be upgraded to have its feedback chance reduced to 1%.
Total Charge Capacity
The warlance currently can hold 10 charges.
This can be upgraded to have 25 charges.
Repair Difficulty
The warlance is currently HARD to repair.
This can be upgraded to have a reduced repair difficulty to MEDIUM.
Charge Efficiency
The warlance is currently a 1 essence to 2 charges ratio.
This can be upgraded to 1:3.
Auction Unlocks

Ambient Messaging
The warlance can be unlocked as an AUCTION upgrade to have ambient messaging.
They can be turned ON/OFF with prod.
Additional Target
The warlance can be unlocked as an AUCTION upgrade to hit an additional target.
Major Elemental Wave
The warlance can be unlocked as an AUCTION upgrade to cast Major Elemental Wave when RAISEd 1x per hour.
Shot Roundtime
The warlance currently has a 5 second roundtime on POINT to fire.
This can be upgraded to be reduced to 3 seconds.
Total Upgrades: 3
Minor Upgrades: 3
Lesser Upgrades: 0
Major Upgrades: 0
This warlance can be upgraded 6 more times

You might be able to have a talented merchant lighten the gornar-tipped warlance for you.

zephyrii
11-01-2017, 10:32 PM
Do you have a log/example of how much damage the effect deals?

Jhynnifer
11-02-2017, 09:48 AM
I can try and get some data this weekend, I do not currently have a polearm character though.

zephyrii
11-02-2017, 12:29 PM
The point attack effect doesnt require polearm i believe

Jhynnifer
11-02-2017, 02:00 PM
You point your gornar-tipped warlance directly at a rolton and a swirl of russet brown energy surrounds its gornar tip. With a resounding crackle, a pale white bolt of force leaps from your gornar-tipped warlance and impacts the rolton!
... 35 points of damage!
Massive blow to neck snaps it!
The rolton collapses to the ground, emits a final bleat, and dies.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

Also updated the pricing, these sell at 4x fully locked, off the shelf for 1.5m. This one's 5x fully unlocked w/3minors.

Roblar
11-02-2017, 02:34 PM
The point attack effect doesnt require polearm i believe

It doesn't but it does use other skills/stats. I sold one to a younger character that never hit even roltons with it. I think maybe dex, spell aim maybe magic item use not sure.

Same with FIX, some could not fix but I can fix anytime.

AnOrdim
11-02-2017, 03:10 PM
The point effect will use spell aim or polearm skills, according to Retser about a year ago in a conversation with him.

Roblar
11-02-2017, 03:15 PM
Well the problem was with a shock staff so maybe a CS caster without decent spell aim may have issues as runestaff users are unlikely to be skilled in THW (if the same holds true for those).

Jhynnifer
11-02-2017, 03:22 PM
I tested it on a level 27 bard and it seemed to work fine. She was also fixskilled into polearms.

AnOrdim
11-02-2017, 03:33 PM
sorry, to be clear - Either version (polearm or runestaff) can apparently use either the spell aim or polearm skill to use the POINT ability. For lances, this makes perfect sense, for runestaves, not every pure will have spell aim.
I remember this explicitly because a buddy of mine had a warding sorc, bought a shockstaff and then was unhappy with it. Retser came down and talked with him about it and showed him how it worked. He specced into some spell aim and was pretty happy with it in the end.

Jhynnifer
11-02-2017, 03:37 PM
sorry, to be clear - Either version (polearm or runestaff) can apparently use either the spell aim or polearm skill to use the POINT ability. For lances, this makes perfect sense, for runestaves, not every pure will have spell aim.
I remember this explicitly because a buddy of mine had a warding sorc, bought a shockstaff and then was unhappy with it. Retser came down and talked with him about it and showed him how it worked. He specced into some spell aim and was pretty happy with it in the end.

I really wish I'd bought the naginata version of my fire one instead of the lance. They're fun weapons but an elf bard won't be able to use one with realistic rt for a while. =(

Roblar
11-02-2017, 03:46 PM

Oh, that explains it then. Also Fix uses some skills or stats probably perception is one of them.

Also, bid on her lance! :)

The MB for this 5x enchanted one is the same as off the shelf 4x EG ones, not even including the unlocks.

Roiken
11-02-2017, 04:24 PM
I'll go 1.5 mil easy, for my elf bard

zephyrii
11-02-2017, 11:14 PM
Good price for whats being sold but unfortunately, my assessment is correct, shock lances are basically pieces of junk. Why Retser would think people would waste 5 seconds of RT doing 15-40 damage or what not with a limited ammo item instead of just swinging it for 50-150 damage is silly.

Jhynnifer
11-03-2017, 12:09 AM
Good price for whats being sold but unfortunately, my assessment is correct, shock lances are basically pieces of junk. Why Retser would think people would waste 5 seconds of RT doing 15-40 damage or what not with a limited ammo item instead of just swinging it for 50-150 damage is silly.

So you asked me to test it so you could post how horrible of an item it is in the thread I’m trying to sell it in?

zephyrii
11-03-2017, 01:09 AM
Uh, I asked so I can understand what it does and if its worth buying. From your results, I made that conclusion. What's wrong with that?

Imperarx
11-03-2017, 02:19 AM
I think the implication is you should have kept that opinion to yourself instead of crapping on the item in its sales thread.

zephyrii
11-03-2017, 03:42 AM
The item is what the item is and that'll speak for itself for whoever buys it. Other people in the thread mentioned friends who received one that weren't happy with it initially. Better people know going into it about it than suffering buyer's remorse.

Jhynnifer
11-03-2017, 09:32 AM
I'm actually very happy with mine, it's just lockered at the moment until I can get my bard's rt down to 5 seconds. If I had a naginata with the same number of unlocks, it would be her main weapon.

zephyrii
11-03-2017, 09:49 AM
Unfortunately you just missed it - beldar17 had an auction for a 3 unlock naginata shock lance on high end forum. Was just sold at 3m buyout.

Jhynnifer
11-03-2017, 09:59 AM
Unfortunately you just missed it - beldar17 had an auction for a 3 unlock naginata shock lance on high end forum. Was just sold at 3m buyout.

I'm ok with my 5x nagi for a few more levels before I can bust mine out. It's basically just missing one last MAJOR and the auction unlocks.

Jhynnifer
11-04-2017, 12:37 PM
updated!

sharkseek
11-04-2017, 03:55 PM
this is tier 2 of 3 according to the description

Jhynnifer
11-04-2017, 04:48 PM
this is tier 2 of 3 according to the description

Unlock Status: Tier 2 (3 of 3, fully unlocked), it has Two tiers but is OTS at T0, so it requires 3 unlocks. =) They went and started making things at T0 and it can be confusing.

sharkseek
11-04-2017, 07:46 PM
yes, it's confusing to my poor warrior brain! lol Thank you for clarifying