PDA

View Full Version : Need quick 8x-10x enchanting for next Duskruin

Ososis
10-27-2017, 02:00 PM
I have a 7x T5 (2 pt crit weighted) knockout flaring morning star to take up to 10x, and I don't want to wait a year and a half without it. I am wanting to book one or more enchanters to do a fast-track project with the mana potions. I know it takes a while to stock up the correct potions so I wanted to try to lock this down sooner than later. I will be purchasing my own enchant potions next Duskruin, and would like to pay for the enchants and the mana potions with bloodscrip. I may need multiple enchanters for this, so please let me know what you feel comfortible doing, and what you would have the time to get ready.

I hope we can find a balance that works out well for everyone. I get fast enchants, you get a nice infusion of bloodscrip, sale of lots of mana potions, and don't have your major enchant slot taken up for a decade.

adred
10-27-2017, 02:09 PM
You can only infuse a potion once, which means that unless the enchanter already has multiple 8x-9x-10x potions (unlikely) the best you can hope for is for someone to infuse their weekly mana (10000/wk or roughly 30% reduced temper) for every pour possible. Good luck.

Ososis
10-27-2017, 02:29 PM
I have a 7x T5 (2 pt crit weighted) knockout flaring morning star to take up to 10x, and I don't want to wait a year and a half without it. I am wanting to book one or more enchanters to do a fast-track project with the mana potions. I know it takes a while to stock up the correct potions so I wanted to try to lock this down sooner than later. I will be purchasing my own enchant potions next Duskruin, and would like to pay for the enchants and the mana potions with bloodscrip. I may need multiple enchanters for this, so please let me know what you feel comfortible doing, and what you would have the time to get ready.

I hope we can find a balance that works out well for everyone. I get fast enchants, you get a nice infusion of bloodscrip, sale of lots of mana potions, and don't have your major enchant slot taken up for a decade.

You can only infuse a potion once, which means that unless the enchanter already has multiple 8x-9x-10x potions (unlikely) the best you can hope for is for someone to infuse their weekly mana (10000/wk or roughly 30% reduced temper) for every pour possible. Good luck.

Well, they would have until April to stockpile the required mana potions. Thats why I posted this so far in advance.

adred
10-27-2017, 02:43 PM
Well, they would have until April to stockpile the required mana potions. Thats why I posted this so far in advance.

You can't stockpile infused potions past 7x, there is a cap of 35000 mana, the mana goes directly into the enchanting potion, and you can only infuse a potion once no matter the number of pours left. You can do very fast 7x enchants because the potion supply is unlimited, so you can create 7 infused potions if you want to.

BriarFox
10-27-2017, 03:05 PM
Yeah, you'd need 8 8x potions, 9 9x potions, and 10 10x potions, each with 35,000 mana (x 27 = 945,000 mana). That many potions probably didn't go out in *total* at the last DR.

adred
10-27-2017, 03:13 PM
You're looking at 6-7 months minimum for 8x 9x and 10x. And that's infusing @10000/wk. I haven't actually used my 8x/9x/10x pots yet, that's just an educated guess based on what I've heard.

Askip
10-27-2017, 04:57 PM
As stated earlier the drawback is the max of one infused pour per potion (bottle) at a time.

If there are vessels you can pour/split the potions into that would work, but I do not know if that type of item is out there.

:D

Ososis
10-27-2017, 05:13 PM
I see, so the mana gets infused into the actual temper potion, but since you get the full 10 pours (or more from last DR) in one potion, you can only infuse it once (unless I did the nonsense of buying 27 potions for one pour each, lol, nonsense)

So correct me if I am still missing something. I could have a wizard infuse the max mana into the 8x potion once, for a 95% reduction in the first pour. You mentioned something about infusing your weekly mana into it also, so am I correct to think that you CAN add your "unbanked" mana to a current project? Allowing a wizard to bring down the temper times a bit for each step?

Askip
10-27-2017, 05:53 PM
<< am I correct to think that you CAN add your "unbanked" mana to a current project? Allowing a wizard to bring down the temper times a bit for each step? >>

Correct. After the infused pour is used the potion can be infused again with whatever the mage has stored in his/her personal pool.

If the first pour lowers the temper time from 2 weeks to 2 days there might not be much in the next pool.

It takes about 31k pool mana (unless it varies by training) to lower to 95%, so figure the 10k weekly limit will reduce temper time by 1/3.

adred
10-27-2017, 06:00 PM
Yes you can 95% reduce the potion and bank over 30000 mana (3 weeks worth), and do 2 steps in 24 hours optimally. At that point you basically have no mana and could long pour (~10 days) in that time you'd gain 10000 mana which reduce the next pour by 30% to 7 days, and that cycle would continue. It's hard to model exactly but the point is, you aren't going to find 3 different people to optimally enchant this to 10x before the next duskruin. FYI this is napkin math.

Ososis
10-27-2017, 06:12 PM
Gotcha, I tried reading up on the subject but I missed a few key points. Though I wasn't looking for before next Duskruin, I figured it would take a while to stockpile (not realizing you need the actual temper potion to do so) so could get someone saving up now, then when I get stupid rich next duskruin, I could pay out the ass to get it all done quick fast. Well, it's clear my master plan of P2W is scraped. I guess now I am just looking for people who have a pricetag on 8x+ enchants and would have the time and inclination to do it after Duskruin, and be paid in BS.

adred
10-27-2017, 06:24 PM
I'd strip the T5 and look for PP blocks of 3600 4000 and 4400. Or if you don't want to get another T5 add 1000 to each of those. 10-15 point t5 items are currently being enchanted to 10x with potions right now. Or you can just wait until you have the potions and do your time like everyone else. There's not really much you can do short of adding a flare or bane that would prohibit enchanting it.

Ososis
10-27-2017, 06:37 PM
Strip the T5? That's like asking me to cut off my kid's leg to make it easier to give them a bionic one! Which my wife has already vetoed. So the PP enchant is instant aside from the Simu wait? That's nifty. Well, the first step is 8. Maybe you should enchant it on credit for me :)

Thanks everyone for all the help on this matter.

adred
10-27-2017, 06:57 PM
Get a half ass decent back up weapon and do it nice and slow like the rest of us.

Ososis
10-27-2017, 07:09 PM
Get a half ass decent back up weapon and do it nice and slow like the rest of us.

Gooble gobble!

I'm not against slow, I just thought there was a faster way. Still need a wizard for 8x+ enchanting. Some price quotes would be handy too, never really tracked past 7x

Askip
10-27-2017, 11:38 PM
Is there a pretemper available for crit weighted? I glossed over that on first read.

I have a claid or three that I would work on.

Roblar
10-27-2017, 11:55 PM
No pretemper but you won't be enchanting claid type weighting!