PDA

View Full Version : Romanian woman, 66, said to be world's oldest mum

Miss X
01-17-2005, 01:29 PM
Apologies if this has already been discussed, I only just noticed the story!

Wow....

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/L16599162.htm

I'm personally a little disturbed by this story. I am all for freedom and such but I think it is so irresponsible to have a baby when you are that age, no child deserves to go through being orphaned before they have grown up and no child deserves to spend their childhood helping to look after an ageing mother.

On the other hand, it is amazing what we can do science wise today and I suppose a lot of people would suggest that since it is possible then it's ok. I just think from a moral/ethical point of view its pretty disgusting.

Asha
01-17-2005, 01:43 PM
I WANTED to use protection but the bitch told me she was too far over the hill to conceive.
But man. . .
She took it like a teen.

[Edited on 1-17-2005 by Drayal]

Snapp
01-17-2005, 05:22 PM
I feel like it's wrong for someone that age to have a child. Not to mention all the treatments and money she put into having it. That's pretty sad, I feel sorry for the girl when she gets older.

HarmNone
01-17-2005, 05:40 PM
Hopefully, this selfish woman gave some thought to where her daughter will go, and who will care for her, if her mother happens to do what many do and croak the fuck over at the ripe old age of 70. :rolleyes:

Asha
01-17-2005, 05:57 PM
I agree,
I think it is sick to give birth to a child that will essentially only have a 'temporary' mother.
Alot of hurt instore for both mother and child here.

On the other hand . .
Wow, isn't science and modern medicine great!!
Wonder if we can keep the mothers brain in a jar of special vinigar, which will allow her to live on sans body so the poor child can keep her in her top jacket pocket.
Sick.

Snapp
01-17-2005, 06:12 PM
:rofl: Drayal, that's sick!

Fengus
01-17-2005, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Miss X
...no child deserves to spend their childhood helping to look after an ageing mother.

Spoken like a true judgemental idiot. At any rate what business is it of yours? Are you arbiter of right, pure and true the world over? I'm sure I'm speaking for all of Romania when I say mind your own damn business.

I think the simple fact that she had obviously been paying for all the fertility treatments for so long means she can probably provide better and care more than any of your parents. Lets talk about this in dollar amounts, how much did your parents put into creating you? I'd say the average is about dinner-and-a-movie dollars.

Asha
01-17-2005, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Fengus

Originally posted by Miss X
...no child deserves to spend their childhood helping to look after an ageing mother.

Spoken like a true judgemental idiot. At any rate what business is it of yours? Are you arbiter of right, pure and true the world over? I'm sure I'm speaking for all of Romania when I say mind your own damn business.

I think the simple fact that she had obviously been paying for all the fertility treatments for so long means she can probably provide better and care more than any of your parents. Lets talk about this in dollar amounts, how much did your parents put into creating you? I'd say the average is about dinner-and-a-movie dollars.

The basis for your argument is totally , 100 % solid ,truth based proof.
Obviously you KNOW Chica's player.
You also know everything about being a complete prick.
A opinion is an opinion and everyone is entitled to one.
Your reaction suggests your mother will spend the rest of eternity looking after YOU , asshat.
:)

Latrinsorm
01-17-2005, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Fengus
Are you arbiter of right, pure and true the world over?It'd be cool if she was, she's really good at it. :)

Brattt8525
01-17-2005, 10:15 PM
I think the simple fact that she had obviously been paying for all the fertility treatments for so long means she can probably provide ....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That statement is true, no need to use the insults to the poster though the way you did. I went through the same treatments 9 years ago and I can tell you they cost a literal fortune.

Sure 66 is old, but as far as I am concerned that child will most likely be loved more then she could ever imagine, and that in itself is the most precious thing we can give our kids. I could drop dead tonight and my children would be raised by my family, age does not dictate when you die. I say be glad the woman finally realized her dream of having a baby. I know how that feels, and everyday I thank god I was finally blessed with two beautiful children.