PDA

View Full Version : PLATINUM TRIALS

theotherjohn
01-17-2005, 03:04 AM
Ever wanted to explore GemStone IV from a new perspective? A smaller community where the citizens come together like no other? An opportunity to join a land where the history has yet to be written, and is being written every day?

A land where many friends can be made, or bitter rivals, yet both come together in times of strife? A harsher climate where droppage and losing your items if you decay can be unavoidable, yet your fellow players will always be looking out for you?

GemStone Platinum offers this and more including its own team of dedicated GameMasters to run events, merchants, sagas along with small day to day events which make the world come alive.

GemStone Platinum offers a more in-depth environment due to its amazing community, and once you wander in, it's hard to ever wander out. They will hook you in, and keep you coming back. To sign up for a free trial, go to https://www.play.net/gs4/platinum/trial.asp.

Wezas
01-17-2005, 10:22 AM
Since I've closed my regular account - I wonder if they'd let me do the platinum trial. :drunk:

01-17-2005, 10:32 AM
Yay, unavoidable weapon droppage and decay! Sounds like my type of thing!

- Arkans

Skeeter
01-17-2005, 11:49 AM
All the fun of regular gemstone. without all the people.

Parkbandit
01-17-2005, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Skeeter

I always viewed the people AS the fun.

Sean of the Thread
01-17-2005, 12:29 PM
Do you think the 30 or so people that play plat daily are gonna be happy with 500 lycain and warclaids runnin around for a month in " A smaller community where the citizens come together like no other?"

Good job simu I see this working out reallll wellll.

Ilvane
01-17-2005, 12:34 PM
Or it might bring in a few Ilvane's and Evelith's.

(we are doing the free trial this month)

-A

firegirl
01-17-2005, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Arkans
Yay, unavoidable weapon droppage and decay! Sounds like my type of thing!

- Arkans

We are pretty good at trying to get to you before that happens. That is why you will notice on the net before anyone goes hunting, they announce where they are going to get killed.

firegirl
01-17-2005, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Xyelin
Do you think the 30 or so people that play plat daily are gonna be happy with 500 lycain and warclaids runnin around for a month in " A smaller community where the citizens come together like no other?"

Good job simu I see this working out reallll wellll.

a smaller community exactly like you said.. How long do you think they would last there without retribution for their actions. Caden will prolly blow off their arm by the second day in town or a group tour of Pinefar through the portals for them.

Skeeter
01-17-2005, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit

satire my friend. satire

Parkbandit
01-17-2005, 01:19 PM

Originally posted by Parkbandit

satire my friend. satire

Yea.. I read the sarcasm in it.. just wasn't sure with you. Post more and I'll be able to distinguish better.

PC Newb.

firegirl
01-17-2005, 01:35 PM
From personal experience, I have been in Plat almost two years now and I love it. I might play other games or disappear for a bit but I will always come back to it. I like knowing everyone and all their quirks and talents.

On a side note, I actually ventured into Prime with a fellow Plat friend a couple days ago just to try and out and see what my warrior was capable of since it was so long ago I played her(6 years).

He died almost Immediately, Could not figure out what was happening with the Amunet -supposedly you guys have channels, No droppage after I spent like a minute looking around for a creature with his weapon, and lastly it feels strange not knowing one person you can ask for help since everyone is a stranger to you. Luckily, I remembered I have access to Voln thought and a very nice Cleric came to help us. After the crisis was over, we wanted to go Home (plat). Maybe one day I may actually take the time and try Prime again once I am better familiar with it.

The way Plat is home to me, You might feel about your Prime - nothing bad or good about it, they are just different but there is no harm in trying another. We get used to our own personal ways of playing and trying new is sometimes hard but you can always go back if you do not like it.

Czeska
01-17-2005, 01:40 PM
My first thought too, was that the Plat people might be feeling "invaded" similar to how most Rivers Rest people were thrilled to get rid of the boot and regain their sense of community.
But admittedly, I'd never go to Plat without being able to try it first. So from a business point of view, no, I dont think this is a bad idea at all.

Parkbandit
01-17-2005, 01:58 PM
It's not a bad idea.. because without more players to pay for Platinum, they would probably have to turn it off at some point. Sure the Platinum players may bitch about the sudden influx of new blood.. but without it, they won't be there long.

Scott
01-17-2005, 02:04 PM
Khaladon has set me up with a free trial before. This isn't anything new. They just decided to advertise it this time.

Fengus
01-17-2005, 07:25 PM
Yeah this is an ongoing thing, you could assumbly do this at any time.

I've yet to try it, I remember when GS was only like what you see in plat, and I know its a different game and one I had no problems with back in the day. But I'm a cheap when it comes to paying for text for some reason. I drop $50 for a PS2 game I'll only play for 10 hours, and $15 for a movie I'd watch maybe twice in my life which equates to 6 hours, but $50 for plat...

theotherjohn
01-18-2005, 02:37 AM
If you have many low level characters that are inactive, I would do the plat trial to get all the extra prime character slots bring back all the low level characters, sell them then cancel the plat trial at the end of it

Nilandia
01-19-2005, 12:53 AM
Believe it or not, the people in Plat do want more people to come. Just this past week we discussed ways to get more people to try Plat. We actually go out of our way to welcome people, as I've learned from past experience.

Nilandia

4a6c1
01-19-2005, 01:04 AM
eerrrrr....

I think hate Simu for this. :CRIE:

If I start doing Plat I know I wont want to stop. And 2 premi accounts is all Im willing to pay right now for a game *I have no time to play* as it is.

So ummm, moving right along. Pretending I never saw this.

Skeeter
01-19-2005, 03:26 PM
I've tried 2 separate 30 day plat trials. Even signed up for a 3 month run.

The rp was superb WHEN and I mean WHEN I could find someone else in the lands. It was so barren it was creepy and BOOOOORING.

I've learned plat is not for me.

Nilandia
01-21-2005, 12:11 AM
Jihna, you do realize that Plat is only $10 more than premium, right?

Skeeter, Plat's amulet is global, plus there is a system of portals to allow people to travel to other cities instantaneously. Both were done out of necessity for the very reasons you give. Both improvements make Plat much more of a global community, rather than just a 1-player version of GS4.

Nilandia

Jay
01-24-2005, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Nilandia
Believe it or not, the people in Plat do want more people to come.

Not all of us! Some of us want people to leave.

Fallen
01-25-2005, 08:45 AM
Jihna, you do realize that Plat is only $10 more than premium, right?

Skeeter, Plat's amulet is global, plus there is a system of portals to allow people to travel to other cities instantaneously. Both were done out of necessity for the very reasons you give. Both improvements make Plat much more of a global community, rather than just a 1-player version of GS4.

Nilandia >>

Were there any IC attempts to justify the Global amunet system or the portals, or were they simply just accepted as a necessity of the game?

Jay
01-25-2005, 09:24 AM
You mean more than a freaking comet across the sky changing 130? Or the comet again but disguised as a shadowy dragon for death's sting?

But seriously, no need to justify the amunet change its pretty much always been in Plat so thats just how it is as the way it works in Prime is just how that is. As for the portals, yeah, there was some event surrounding that.

StrayRogue
01-25-2005, 09:44 AM
If I wanted small communities, decent RP and already ludicrously hard persona's running around, I'd play UL. That is $32 cheaper than Premium.

Gamukak
02-19-2005, 11:29 PM
Well, I was talked into playing this by some guildmates from EQ2 who had played it before. All I have to say is: BOOORING!

During the last week-

Ive found 2 people who will interact with someone they dont know.

Watched RP in the small park that consisted entirely of A pokes B, B bites A, A chuckles at B and so on. Looked more like a battle of the Verb Masters than RP to me.

The boards there are either Why something is OOC and should never be done (saying age for level) while another thread is defending using OOC reasons to dislike a group of players who are trying to RP.

Of course also on the boards you have Celtar saying how long he has been playing in every third post followed up by Jay telling everyone how only he cares about the game...as he rushes off to buy another character or all of the characters equipment.

Overall so far, I give it a yech.

Jay
02-22-2005, 01:53 PM
LOL

Yeah, the park has become the staging grounds for the dregs of Platinum like Nishima. Its much like Python's Camelot in that it is silly place and best avoided.

I'd respond further buy I have to rush off and buy Costa Rica.

Warriorbird
03-10-2005, 08:58 PM
Plat sounds attractive. Then you meet Jay.

Snapp
03-10-2005, 09:06 PM
I tried out plat during the trials. Boring and a half. :sleep:

Warriorbird
03-10-2005, 09:08 PM
Yeah. It has the potential to have the RP depth and fun of a small LARP. It doesn't. I don't really blame Khaladon at all, either. I blame the players.

Kyra
03-10-2005, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Jay
LOL

Yeah, the park has become the staging grounds for the dregs of Platinum like Nishima. Its much like Python's Camelot in that it is silly place and best avoided.

I'd respond further buy I have to rush off and buy Costa Rica.

:break: :asshole:

Warriorbird
03-10-2005, 09:12 PM
Don't you know he's a pillar of the community!

:snickers:

Kyra
03-10-2005, 09:18 PM
Nah, I must have missed that!! I've been in & out of plat since it first opened(finances permitting) & oh shucky darn I think I must have missed meeting Jay every time!!

Think I'm going to go cry now...I missed meeting the pillar :jerkit:

K.

Warriorbird
03-10-2005, 09:37 PM
Maybe it's why you returned?

Kyra
03-10-2005, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Warriorbird
Maybe it's why you returned?

To meet the pillar? Lol..nope, I returned for my GS fix & plat is alot like GS was back in the days I started(okay, I'm old AND a GS junkie).

K.

Warriorbird
03-10-2005, 10:45 PM
Oh no. I was suggesting you returned because you HADN'T met him. But, of course, having six characters on constantly gives him the moral ground to judge everyone else's RP.... and means you probably ran into him one time or another.

Kyra
03-10-2005, 10:51 PM
Oh no. I was suggesting you returned because you HADN'T met him. But, of course, having six characters on constantly gives him the moral ground to judge everyone else's RP.... and means you probably ran into him one time or another.

Gah, I most likely did meet the putz & that's why most of my characters are recluses now... they were traumatized by the ultimate roleplaying that is the pillar & his zombies :D

K.

Jay
03-10-2005, 10:54 PM
You are welcome to sit on my pillar.

Zanagodly
03-11-2005, 11:00 AM
I haven't had any bad experiecnes with Jay's characters when I played, and thought he was one of the better RPers in the game. Also plat doesn't suck, its just a style of gameplay that doesn't suit a lot of people. People like to be surrounded by other people and plat just doesn't provide that.

firegirl
03-11-2005, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Zanagodly
I haven't had any bad experiecnes with Jay's characters when I played, and thought he was one of the better RPers in the game. Also plat doesn't suck, its just a style of gameplay that doesn't suit a lot of people. People like to be surrounded by other people and plat just doesn't provide that.

I totally Agree. Different strokes for different folks. Plat may suck for you, but great for me. Prime may suck for me but great for you. All it is really is a difference of opinion.

The one thing about Plat that I noticed is that the regular players are familiar with eachother already- our quirks, history and Character. So, it we really don’t take the time to stay somewhere and RP for everyone to see or be involved in. I am not saying it is never, it is just rare to catch those interactions.
With regards to new players in town…I mean I have stopped to chat with new folk that I see in Town Center or the park. I usually just try to ask about something I see on them like a tattoo or symbol so that they get the chance to tell their story out there. I know that lots more of the plat players do this as well and then they introduce me to the “new guy in town”.

As far as Jay, you guys can say all you want about him or his pillar or what have you but in Plat, his characters are incredible Rpers and one the most interesting group of characters to interact with. He takes his time with each one and does not RP them in flocks. If there is a situation that involves a matter that Hubris would interact best in.. Hubris comes.. RP wise, it is exactly like having 10 characters on one account and putting them where they should be in moments of the game. Only difference, he has them spread on more than one account.

Warriorbird
03-11-2005, 04:00 PM
Yes. Incredible as they march forward together... or profiteer off raffles together.

I think it's more offensive in combination. The relentless stupidity on the boards, "everybody else is out of genre but me", the profiteering, disrupting potentially solid RP, the multi-accounting, mockery, antagonism towards newcomers (driving people away from the product), conviction that he's entitled, and whining.

[Edited on 3-11-2005 by Warriorbird]

Gamukak
03-11-2005, 05:40 PM
I guess I have to ask how you ever interact with his characters, since the only time they come to town is for a merchant?

Jay
03-11-2005, 07:57 PM
I think it's more offensive in combination. The relentless stupidity on the boards, "everybody else is out of genre but me", the profiteering, disrupting potentially solid RP, the multi-accounting, mockery, antagonism towards newcomers (driving people away from the product), conviction that he's entitled, and whining.

And I'm the one thats whining? LOL.

HalflingSex
03-11-2005, 08:06 PM
<I think it's more offensive in combination. The relentless stupidity on the boards, "everybody else is out of genre but me", the profiteering, disrupting potentially solid RP, the multi-accounting, mockery, antagonism towards newcomers (driving people away from the product), conviction that he's entitled, and whining>

That pretty well sums it up. . . everybody that I know in plat thinks Jay is a dickhead. It goes well beyond roleplay what he does- he clearly gets off on confrontations but only when he can wield the upper hand. He doesn't bother anyone he can't bully, or at least not nearly to the extreme that he does when he's got 20-40 levels over them. His younger more powerless characters that I know of hardly interact at all except for quick 'drive-by' insults and criticisms. It's definitely not 'RP' that Jay gets off on but 'power' play. I dont think anyone could argue that he doesnt possess a bully mentality.

He has also spoiled a lot of people's fun in the lands enough to drive them away completely, forever. This was a lot closer to harassment than RP.

And if he cared so much about the lands and not for self he wouldn't sweep up all the best gear that he could at auction by using blanket multi-account methodology and purchased wealth (sic). It takes useful items out of the hands of players other than himself and puts them into the hands of one player, limiting RP and lowering player's morale. There is no 'good for the lands' or other intention behind it except for personal enrichment. Its more likely that he loves 'Jayland' than 'Gemstone'.

The lands are much smoother and enjoyable when he's not around but I've also learned to tolerate and deal with him and his insidious, puerile garbage. It's mostly something I have to get past to get to the greater good of the game. His more patronal, amenable characters interact about 5 minutes a week and usually for some specific purpose such as an event or to retrieve something.

In short, he's playing with himself more than other players which is regrettable not only for him but for everyone else that has to deal with him when he does try to relate and winds up being just an overbearing prick.

[Edited on 3-12-2005 by HalflingSex]

Warriorbird
03-11-2005, 09:26 PM
Curious how other people feel similar to me. I voted with my feet.

Back
03-11-2005, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by HalflingSex
[Edited on 3-12-2005 by HalflingSex]

And PB thought I was bad!

Capitalization, punctuation and properly structured paragraphs are your friend.

Gamukak
03-11-2005, 09:46 PM
Capitalization, punctuation and properly structured paragraphs are your friend.

Ya know, I thought the same thing, but I agreed with the sentiment so much I didn't have the heart.

firegirl
03-11-2005, 10:06 PM
>>The relentless stupidity on the boards,
On the boards, the majority of the time that is Jay not his characters. Yes, he is rough, opinionated, argumentative and direct on the boards and majority of people argue and debate with him.. But, does this not exist on prime boards too? And too be honest.. Jay is far from stupid in my eyes.

>>"everybody else is out of genre but me"
Only seen him complain about another character’s RP when it has been valid too. Never seen him just pick on someone out of the blue.

>>the multi-accounting,
You think jay is the only one in Plat or even in Prime? He is one that is most open about it Plat, that is the difference.

>>the profiteering
See answer above to multi-accounting. Why is it that someone who pays for three accounts is only entitled to 1/3 of services for all accounts. Is that really fair? To each their own. Anyone can do it, I can open 4 accounts and join any merchant list and/or raffle I want and I have every right too because you know what, I am paying for the extra chances to get it. On a personal note, Jay has sold any items he does not use and he has on occasion given stuff to people that can use it more.

>>disrupting potentially solid RP
How?

>>mockery,
I do not see Pain mocking someone.. they you know something is wrong. that is PAIN.

>>antagonism towards newcomers (driving people away from the product)
Newcomers leave for other reasons, as some have said on past posts (boredom, small community, costs). I seriously doubt it is all because of Jay and if it is, that is kind of stupid to quit something you enjoy because of one person. There are ways around that person’s existence. This more sounds like you got something against Jay personally.. which is fine. Some people just don’t like other people. But, should a person judge the whole game on that one person and say PLAT sucks. Should someone say PRIME sucks just because they do not like Celtic (example name) on the boards or in game. Give people a chance to make their own opinion about a person or thing.

>>whining.
That’s your opinion.

>>I guess I have to ask how you ever interact with his characters, since the only time they come to town is for a merchant?

His characters are in town more than people realize. They just don’t sit in the park for hours on end but they do come around. Pain was in town for the past two weeks “annoying” everyone and it was a blast. And to be honest, His characters do what the majority of us do... we are out hunting when the town is quiet and nothing is going on.

There is a difference between Jay and his characters. You don't like Jay, ignore him on the baords.. you don't like his Characters.. squelch them in game.

Kyra
03-11-2005, 10:26 PM
Firegirl

Your multiple "quotes" from umpteen different people mashed into one post was pretty amusing..

How easy it was to try & manipulate what other people posted & try to make it sound like one big Jay bashing party(which this entire thread and quite a few of the posts you referred to had NOTHING to do with Jay or his characters.

If you want to jump on someone about their opinion of Jay AT LEAST have enough wits about you to jump on the right people.

:talktohand:

K.

firegirl
03-11-2005, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Kyra
Firegirl

Your multiple "quotes" from umpteen different people mashed into one post was pretty amusing..

How easy it was to try & manipulate what other people posted & try to make it sound like one big Jay bashing party(which this entire thread and quite a few of the posts you referred to had NOTHING to do with Jay or his characters.

If you want to jump on someone about their opinion of Jay AT LEAST have enough wits about you to jump on the right people.

:talktohand:

K.

All that was from ONE post that I am pretty sure WarriorBird was refering to Jay in. Of course, Warrior can correct me if I am wrong.

The last remark I refered to in my post was from another post directly after Warriorbird's post that I decided to just add on to the post I was working on.

Now, If that Post by WarriorBird was not in reference to Jay than I will personally send Warriorbird a U2U to apologize for it.

Mistomeer
03-11-2005, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
If I wanted small communities, decent RP and already ludicrously hard persona's running around, I'd play UL. That is $32 cheaper than Premium.

I would never play UL again.
I would have gotten into Plat when it first came out, but not at this point.

Kyra
03-11-2005, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by firegirl

>>mockery,
I do not see Pain mocking someone.. they you know something is wrong. that is PAIN.

>>I guess I have to ask how you ever interact with his characters, since the only time they come to town is for a merchant?

Ummm, who referred to Pain other than you? Way to blow any cover someone might have wanted there..lol.

The part of the above quote(from your post) was NOT from Warriorbirds post. The way you broke up the original "quote" could easily be from a number of posts <shrug>.

K.

firegirl
03-11-2005, 11:28 PM
[/quote]

Ummm, who referred to Pain other than you? Way to blow any cover someone might have wanted there..lol.

K. [/quote]

Then that is between me and Jay then.

:D

Gamukak
03-12-2005, 12:27 AM
No need to out any of his characters, you just watch for the ones who are script hunting for merchants.

Jay
03-12-2005, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Gamukak
No need to out any of his characters, you just watch for the ones who are script hunting for merchants.

Script hunting AT KEYBOARD for an AUCTION, not merchants.

By the way, as Firegirl has mentioned if anyone thinks I am the only MA'er or person that has entered multiple accounts in order to win things in-game, they are greviously in error. I just have this annoying habit of not lying about it or covering it up. There are LOTS of MA'ers in Platinum. There is also rampant account sharing. And if you really want to be disgusted, see if you can count how many never seen before characters will show up for the coming Grand Auction as people open up accounts just for another chance to win.

Platinum is far from paradise, but I still like it for the time being.

Jay
03-12-2005, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by HalflingSex That pretty well sums it up. . . everybody that I know in plat thinks Jay is a dickhead. It goes well beyond roleplay what he does- he clearly gets off on confrontations but only when he can wield the upper hand. He doesn't bother anyone he can't bully, or at least not nearly to the extreme that he does when he's got 20-40 levels over them. His younger more powerless characters that I know of hardly interact at all except for quick 'drive-by' insults and criticisms. It's definitely not 'RP' that Jay gets off on but 'power' play. I dont think anyone could argue that he doesnt possess a bully mentality.

Myke is that you?

Whoever you are, you are full of the brown stuff.

/sarcasm on

You must have a HUGE circle of friends.

/sarcasm off

I defy you to post examples of any of the above. Pain (already outed) is my asshole character and I'd only consider her a bully if you count threats undelivered as bullying tactics. She talks a good game but then hardly ever delivers. Bark, bark, bark, bark, bark, no bite.

Jay
03-12-2005, 01:01 AM
Actually a funny case of multi-accounting just came to light recently.

Apparently there was this new character around who even posted on the boards about how cool everything was and what neat stuff or interactions he had had lately. Then it turned out that he was actually a character of a longtime player who for some unknown reason wanted to trick folks or get into their good graces (considering he's worn out his welcome with his other known characters due to his natural tendency to shoot himself in the foot). Then he was all surprised that everyone knew who he was!

Now that was comedy.

Gamukak
03-12-2005, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Jay

Script hunting AT KEYBOARD for an AUCTION, not merchants.

Sounds like someone is a little sensitive about being outed as a script hunter...but I meant the script to find merchants in town.

Jay
03-12-2005, 01:26 AM
::chuckle::

Not sensitive at all otherwise I wouldn't own up to everything! I just like being hated for the right reasons rather than the wrong ones!

I used to have a .allround CMD script that took me everywhere in town but I got so bored with alterers lately I just do it manually. Then I find them, announce their location, and leave if they are a plain vanilla alterer usually.

One gets jaded with alterers in Platinum.

StrayRogue
03-12-2005, 01:30 AM
And in Prime. Last night I had nothing on me to alter, so I had to re-alter something old. Oh well.

Jay
03-12-2005, 01:39 AM
Yeah, the alterers being as rare as hen's teeth paradigm has sure changed from the old days.

Yet, still people complain about not getting anything done. Sheesh, if you can't get something altered these days, you are one unlucky AND lazy bastard.

StrayRogue
03-12-2005, 01:44 AM
I agree. And atleast in Plat you try to RP. I don't care if you buy/sell characters, MA whatever, as long as you are not some idiot who is constantly OOC and a total fuckwad.

Warriorbird
03-12-2005, 11:13 AM
Well... the total fuckward bit he falls under.

I find it funny that the big "Decisively not Jay" defense choice is that "other people do these things also."

Warriorbird
03-12-2005, 11:23 AM
"Yes, he is rough, opinionated, argumentative and direct on the boards and majority of people argue and debate with him.. But, does this not exist on prime boards too?"

No one has gotten away with actively telling people to quit or driving away as many customers. You want to look for a reason the Plat population has stayed low? He's a big contributor.

"Only seen him complain about another character’s RP when it has been valid too. Never seen him just pick on someone out of the blue. "

Of course. Your judgement makes everything right here. Consider the number of people who've disagreed with him. In addition, he's got such dubiously in genre characters and such bad practice that it's hilarious that he claims the moral high ground.

How does he disrupt potentially solid RP? Complaining about it vigorously on the boards... twinking out and indulging in PvP when it "really gets to him"...the list goes on.

3 accounts != 6 accounts. This is SUPPOSED to be an RP Haven. It's SUPPOSED to be above the petty bullshit of Prime. Jay mysteriously only is against character sales. Item and silver sales? He's all over it. Jay hoards (or hoarded) a massive amount of items, and selling items for cash is hardly a benefit to the game. Giving stuff away really does pretty little to defend against the other nonsense.

"I do not see Pain mocking someone.. they you know something is wrong. that is PAIN. "

Curious that I've known new players who quit, related to this (not myself).

"'Whining 'That’s your opinion."

"I want a sancted claidh. I want a sancted claidh. I want a sancted claidh. I want a sancted claidh. I want a sancted claidh. Oh yeah, and GM MERCHANTS IZ MEAN 2 ME!"

Just my opinion, I'm sure.

">>I guess I have to ask how you ever interact with his characters, since the only time they come to town is for a merchant? "

Hilarious and right on.

Sometimes he also goes in town to....spell up....or disrupt RP.

His complaints about roleplay get even funnier when you realize how rarely he does. For someone who claims to be all about proactive RP, he really wants it handed to him on a platter... and if it doesn't fit into his " ideals" it's bad bad stuff to be complained about.

Gamukak
03-12-2005, 11:41 AM
"Only seen him complain about another character’s RP when it has been valid too. Never seen him just pick on someone out of the blue. "

Then you dont watch the Platinum boards. He has even reached the point of abusing someone for their choice of an AIM name and when folks said "Who cares what AIM name the use", he accused those who didnt support him of "Being the type of people who thought I am Sam was funny".

Seems to me that as far as he is concerned he is playing JayStone I.

Gamukak
03-12-2005, 12:25 PM
As for the MA'ing, who cares. I figure he just does it for cyber purposes anyway.

"Oh, Hubris!"
"Oh, Pain!"
"Oh Ero!"
"Oh, Hubwith!"

Warriorbird
03-12-2005, 12:28 PM
Ha ha ha. Awesome.

Jay
03-12-2005, 12:58 PM
Seems like Gamukak and Warriorbird are the ones doing the cybering here.

Oh Gamukak!
Oh Warriorbird!

By the way, I still have yet to see anyone post an example of my supposed PVP. Thats cause along with the rest, its just a bald-faced lie. Now you two, go back to rubbing each other.

Probably both Myke anyway.

Gamukak
03-12-2005, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Jay
Seems like Gamukak and Warriorbird are the ones doing the cybering here.

Oh Gamukak!
Oh Warriorbird!

By the way, I still have yet to see anyone post an example of my supposed PVP. Thats cause along with the rest, its just a bald-faced lie. Now you two, go back to rubbing each other.

Probably both Myke anyway.

Oh no! The dreaded "I know you are, but what am I?" defense.

Yes, you must have been Queen of the Debate team in High School.

Warriorbird
03-12-2005, 01:19 PM
Err. I don't believe I've ever met him. That's the funny thing about people's encounters with you. People who don't even know each other can empathize about how much you suck.

For me, it goes back to Pain threatening a PC of mine because he was talking back to her after one of her little rants... as well as Hubris mysteriously developing a dislike for said PC. Said PC was extremely new. I can't speak to anyone else as regards that.

The funny thing is you ignoring the rest of what was posted. But not much different than what I expected.

[Edited on 3-12-2005 by Warriorbird]

Warriorbird
03-12-2005, 01:25 PM
Hell, you know who I am, though you've probably forgotten. You don't remember pasting one of my posts, out of context, to the Plat boards a while back?

Jay
03-12-2005, 01:32 PM
You think too much of yourself if you think I keep track of who you are.

The word pissant comes to mind. :)

Warriorbird
03-12-2005, 01:36 PM
My. The rhetorical agility amazes. Being that self-obsessed however, you probably wouldn't. Caring about other people or your section of the game is probably completely foreign to you.

Jay
03-12-2005, 02:21 PM
Sorry, I prioritize. I only care about people that matter. You evidently didn't make the cut.

Late reply to a comment earlier in the thread. I actually DO call the game Jaystone from time to time! In jest of course.

Warriorbird
03-12-2005, 02:36 PM
I'm glad you care about yourself. When you start to care about other folks, maybe Plat will grow.

Jay
03-12-2005, 02:42 PM
I'm glad you care about yourself. When you start to care about other folks, maybe Plat will grow.

Didn't say I didn't care about others. Just not you.

Warriorbird
03-12-2005, 02:51 PM
End of the world.

:snickers:

I hope you man up and do what's best for your game at some point.

Gamukak
03-12-2005, 02:56 PM
Funny...he keeps saying how he doesnt care, but he keeps responding.

What a tool.

ShadowBeast
03-12-2005, 03:08 PM
Glad you're always thinking of me Jay.

Paranoid much?

I quit holding shit against you awhile ago though, except when you drag my name back out. I think you'd miss our little grudges if you ever let it die.

You keep to yourself most of the time, so I've got no reason to hold anything against your anymore, besides a few specific things you've done, I don't even recall how our little feud got started, so I've let it go.

On a relevant note, Plat is a great place people so give it a try. It's nice because there are people there to socialize with, and you can also be alone and have hunting grounds to yourself. The community is stronger, and the role-play opportunities are incredible.

If you think about it, Plat's not really much more barren than prime. 75% of the people you see in town are either vacant, zombies, or just not interacting with you. Does "seeing" that many people make the RP that much better for you? Plus there's a global crystal amulet in Plat, so you've always got people to talk to.

Warriorbird
03-12-2005, 03:16 PM
That's true of a lot of Prime. You have more of a population to be selective of who you spend time with in Prime, however. That sort've even soured for me in the end, so now I play neither. If the players of Plat were my favorite people from Prime, it might tempt me to go back.