PDA

View Full Version : No men allowed! You dont wanna read this...

The Cat In The Hat
01-16-2005, 10:17 PM
Im looking into getting birth control, I don't want another 3 month premature baby, we were extremely lucky that Guinevere made it through it all and came out perfect.

I want something that isn't going to make me gain weight, and that wont make my skin go nuts or start growing hair in weird places..

What about the implant? Anyone have any recommendations?

peam
01-16-2005, 10:18 PM
I'd suggest the 'pull out and take it on the boobs' method.

Edaarin
01-16-2005, 10:31 PM
My manager always recommended Yasmin to uptight middle-aged (read: 25+) women at the pharmacy.

Vixen
01-16-2005, 10:40 PM
I dont know about the weight gain.. but Yasmin and Ortho tri cyclen low are pretty good. Great on the skin, not so many hormones that you go postal for odd reasons.

I'm not a big fan of the implant having read about it and some of the issues, but I dont honestly know anyone whos ever had it, so thats more my scaredy cat opinion than anything...

J

SpunGirl
01-16-2005, 10:47 PM
Ortho Cyclen is good, tri-cyclen (which attempts to mimic the "normal" hormone levels of your body) made me into a raging one minute, sobbing the next, wacko.

I've heard the patch is good, but I swim almost every day so I haven't tried it. I DON'T reccomend the shot. It gave me hot flashes like I was 55 or something.

Anyway, birth control is a pain in the ass. I've had good luck with Demulen (a brand of pill) so far, but who knows? IMO, just make him get the snip.

-K

Soulpieced
01-16-2005, 10:56 PM
just make him get the snip.

::grimace::

Artha
01-16-2005, 10:59 PM
If some chick was all like 'Get teh snip' I'd kick her in the box and shove her.

peam
01-16-2005, 11:04 PM
Fark.com called.

It wants it's cliche back.

Artha
01-16-2005, 11:13 PM
IT'S A TRAP.

Jolena
01-16-2005, 11:46 PM
I had the implant, do NOT get that done hon. There are horrible side effects to it and it's a pain in the ass to have removed as well as put in. In fact, the implant was so bad that a lot of women sued the company and I had mine taken out for free by the company to avoid suing them, hehe. Anyhow, I'd suggest Ortho trycyclen low or Yasmin. Haven't heard much about those 3 month shots or the patch though, so you might look into those.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
01-16-2005, 11:50 PM
Two words.

Anal Sex.

SpunGirl
01-16-2005, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Artha
If some chick was all like 'Get teh snip' I'd kick her in the box and shove her.

Women, nine times out of ten, deal with the birth control.

Women squeeze the babies out of their vaginas (no easy task, I hear).

All men do is spray sperm. If a woman has a child, a man practically owes it to her to undergo the snip. It's not that big of a deal, you recover in like five days, and it's reversible.

Men are whiners.

-K

The Cat In The Hat
01-17-2005, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Edaarin
My manager always recommended Yasmin to uptight middle-aged (read: 25+) women at the pharmacy.

Wow, im uptight? Nifty!

Snapp
01-17-2005, 12:45 AM
Most of my hags are on Yasmin and love it because their boobs got bigger.

The Cat In The Hat
01-17-2005, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Snapp
Most of my hags are on Yasmin and love it because their boobs got bigger.

I'm sooo there!

I just dont want to gain weight, I had enough of that after my daughter was born.

01-17-2005, 02:50 AM
Do what they do in those super advanced African nations and get your lips sewed shut.

- Arkans

Brattt8525
01-17-2005, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by Arkans
Do what they do in those super advanced African nations and get your lips sewed shut.

- Arkans

:gawk:

Ralimar
01-17-2005, 03:54 AM
Just stop having sex until the male birth control pills come out of Australia, then make HIM take the pill.

Eiderfleur
01-17-2005, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Ralimar
Just stop having sex until the male birth control pills come out of Australia, then make HIM take the pill.

Like any man is gonna be trusted with that kinda responsibility!!!!!!

I've heard a lot of horror stories about the implant, a girl I know ended up losing her hair until she had the implant removed. This was quite some time ago so not sure if things have improved.......

There was a type of DIY birth control thing they had here called Persona (if I remember correctly) where you have to take your temperature and time days from your period etc so you know when safe days are and unsafe days are. You obviously aren't meant to shag on unsafe days, or use a rubber.

With the above method you have to have regular periods, would never work with me as I have PCS and never know when my next period is gonna be. :/

You could always try the cap/diaphragm...

AnticorRifling
01-17-2005, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by SpunGirl

... a man practically owes it to her ...
-K

We let you vote now, we owe you nothing.

Back
01-17-2005, 08:51 AM
I have a friend who uses the patch and she seems pretty happy with it.

As for myself, I’d take a male pill if there was one, no problem. After I have kids I will most definately get le snip.

Ralimar
01-17-2005, 08:56 AM
I have a couple of friends who absolutely love the shot, but I think it's closely related to the implants. Worth checking out, though. There's also the Ring, but that always just seemed ridiculous to me.

[Edited on 1-17-2005 by Ralimar]

DeV
01-17-2005, 08:57 AM

- Arkans Eh, they don't have a choice and I know you were making a joke but umm... that shit is extremely painful and only a mentally deranged woman would get it done just because.

Anyway, don't mutiliate your genitals!

Kuyuk
01-17-2005, 09:03 AM
My girl took the show after our kid, I guess it works ok...though I dislike the idea of her not being able to pop out another one for two years :duck:

I'd be in trouble if she read that.

Oh, plus, I find it kinda fucked up that some hormone they put in you lasts TWO YEARS, kinda creeps me out.

K.

01-17-2005, 09:16 AM
None of the dudes here adhered to the title of this thread. :oops:

[Edited on 1-17-2005 by Stanley Burrell]

Ralimar
01-17-2005, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by DeV

Anyway, don't mutiliate your genitals!

Yes! And parents, don't get your sons circumcised!
:axe: :penis:

Czeska
01-17-2005, 09:53 AM
The patch works, but I hated it. It was like wearing a *very* sticky bandaid for a week. You know how bandaids get icky around the edges from dirt, fuzz off your clothing, etc? Yeah that. No matter how many times you wash.

The ring also works. My friend loved it, I hated it. The guy can feel it, some might care, some might not. The thing that freaked me out was (bluntly) finding it in my bed the next morning cause it came out along with him.

Ortho. low is better for mood swings, but also has a higher tendency for spotting.

Essentially, there are a lot of pros and cons, and it comes down to what you feel like dealing with.

And any man that would have such a strong (read: violent) reaction to his wife suggesting a vasectomy if they were done having kids, is an insecure prick in more ways than one. Grow up.
Yes, I'm adamant on this one.

The Cat In The Hat
01-17-2005, 10:41 AM
Well, considering the fact that my husband and I are going through issues and are likely to split up, I really want to make sure I have all my basis covered. It's a long drawn out story and I would rather not share it. And I don't intend on asking him to snip since I'm planning on moving out. I just wanted opinions on this from people that have used it. The last time I was on it was Ortho (not the low), and it really fucked up my moods.

Has anyone tried the one I think it's called pink? Where you only have 4 periods a year??

[Edited on 1-17-2005 by The Cat In The Hat]

Parkbandit
01-17-2005, 10:48 AM
All I'm going to say is Peam's plan is the best.

Wezas
01-17-2005, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Parkbandit
All I'm going to say is Peam's plan is the best.

Seriously. Last night I was laughing so hard at his post I almost showed the post to my girl.

But then I realized she'd want to read the rest of the boards and notice all the things I do on here.

And that's not a good thing.

<puts all his Jesae pics in a hidden folder>

peam
01-17-2005, 10:53 AM
I've been waiting HOURS for my credit. :smilegrin:

The Cat In The Hat
01-17-2005, 10:55 AM
Yeah, that method works for me.

However... Most men are stupid, and don't always know how to handle their little penises, and can not be trusted.

Miss X
01-17-2005, 10:59 AM
I'd definitely advise you to try Yasmin, from what I could gather (only spent 3 weeks in a family planning place but learnt a lot) its what most nurses advise for women who don't want to deal with side effects. You could also try an IUD, the process sounds a bit gross but apparently its not so bad once you are used to it. :)

peam
01-17-2005, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by The Cat In The Hat

Hot. I win.

Wezas
01-17-2005, 11:00 AM
However... Most men are stupid, and don't always know how to handle their little penises, and can not be trusted.

Stupid? Meybe
Can't handle? No, we can handle it
Cannot be trusted? "Ooops, guess I did aim a little high"

The Cat In The Hat
01-17-2005, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by peam

Hot. I win.

No, winning would be getting to be the one doing the aiming :lol:

The Cat In The Hat
01-17-2005, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Wezas

Stupid? Meybe

I noticed you didn't address "little"

Secret to share Wezas? :penis:

Tsa`ah
01-17-2005, 11:05 AM
No, winning would be getting to be the one doing the aiming :lol:

Goggles are always an option.

Wezas
01-17-2005, 11:06 AM

Stupid? Meybe

Na, you listed 3 things, I replied to 3 things. Actually didn't even notice the "little" part of your man-hating sentance.

The Cat In The Hat
01-17-2005, 11:07 AM
:lol2:

Nah, I love men, or I would be a card carrying lesbian.

Wonder what I would look like in flannel.

Parkbandit
01-17-2005, 11:11 AM

Stupid? Meybe

Damn.. I step away and get some work done for 5 minutes and SOMEONE HAS TO RUIN MY FUCKING FUN.

Hate the Cat.

:(

DeV
01-17-2005, 11:20 AM
:lol2:

Wonder what I would look like in flannel. Ouch... umm lesbians love men too! Just wanted to throw that in there. :)

We've also advanced from flannel to silk I'll have you know.

Wezas
01-17-2005, 11:21 AM

http://members.cox.net/legendwezas/cat.jpg

It would look alot better if your avatar was a bit clearer, Cat.

SpunGirl
01-17-2005, 11:39 AM
As for the four-periods a year thing, how about NO periods a year? I've been doing that since I was about fifteen, when my mom took me to the doctor for painful periods. She diagnosed me with endometriosis (which a lot of women have, some more severely than others). Since then, I've just thrown out the pack on the last week of pills and started a new one. I'm even-keel hormone all the time, which reduces breakouts and bitchiness. It's nice.

Czeska's comment on the ring made me laugh. When Jake spotted an ad for one of those in a magazine, he's like, "how could wearing THAT on your finger stop you from getting pregnant!??!" Hahaha. Frankly, the whole insertion and removal thing with that would freak me out.

-K

Amaron
01-17-2005, 11:41 AM
I had implants and gained a ton of weight...

I had naturally curly hair and it started straightening.. I was like WTF....

I had them taken out after one year....

J

Czeska
01-17-2005, 11:42 AM
Oh it's easy to put in and take out. TOO easy to take out :thumbsdown:

Back
01-17-2005, 12:06 PM
Heh, not one woman here suggested condoms. PC chicks rock.

SpunGirl
01-17-2005, 12:08 PM
Condoms are, IMO, gross. Sometimes they're necessary, but the jizz-bag is not something I enjoy dealing with.

-K

Miss X
01-17-2005, 12:08 PM
Well who likes them... Really?

Miss X
01-17-2005, 12:09 PM
Condoms are, IMO, gross. Sometimes they're necessary, but the jizz-bag is not something I enjoy dealing with.

-K

OMG ROFL @ Jizz-bag.

Now everyone in the lab I'm in thinks Im laughing because I'm REALLY enjoying researching the effect of falling on older people! ;)

SpunGirl
01-17-2005, 12:10 PM
There's nothing funny about breaking a hip, missy.

-K

The Cat In The Hat
01-17-2005, 12:18 PM

http://members.cox.net/legendwezas/cat.jpg

It would look alot better if your avatar was a bit clearer, Cat.

Thank you for that... frightful image. It's from my webcam, the only means I have of taking pictures since I'm still living in the 80's and I dont know what digital is yet.

Tsa`ah
01-17-2005, 12:39 PM

-K

Spun - Advocate for the money shot.

Czeska
01-17-2005, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by The Cat In The HatIt's from my webcam, the only means I have of taking pictures since I'm still living in the 80's and I dont know what digital is yet.

That explains a lot of the Music Tag answers! :lol:

The Cat In The Hat
01-17-2005, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Czeska

Originally posted by The Cat In The HatIt's from my webcam, the only means I have of taking pictures since I'm still living in the 80's and I dont know what digital is yet.

That explains a lot of the Music Tag answers! :lol:

yeah what can I say? I'm a well of useless 80s/90s hair band information.

Methais
01-17-2005, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Miss X

OMG ROFL @ Jizz-bag.

Now everyone in the lab I'm in thinks Im laughing because I'm REALLY enjoying researching the effect of falling on older people! ;)

Old people falling down has been funny ever since.....

Fengus
01-17-2005, 08:10 PM
... just make him get the snip.
-K

Yeah great, then what's he gonna do when you go thru menopause and he wants some more offspring? I plan on lining up some young girls once my wife's bearing years are gone. Since my job is so much easier I get to keep my equipment in working order longer, ain't life grand.

SpunGirl
01-17-2005, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Fengus

... just make him get the snip.
-K

Yeah great, then what's he gonna do when you go thru menopause and he wants some more offspring?

Uh, since you asked and all. I'm not married to a total jackass, so luckily we won't find ourselves in your predicament. If your wife is smart, neither will she.

-K

[Edited on 1-18-2005 by SpunGirl]

Snapp
01-17-2005, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Methais

Old people falling down has been funny ever since.....

:rofl: I haven't heard that in years. One of the best commercials ever (for all the wrong reasons).

Fengus
01-17-2005, 08:31 PM
Don't blame me, blame evolution for your predicament. If I'd been born a women, I would have been really fucking hairy, and most likely feel differently about this subject.

But knowing a bit about genetics and evolution its pretty obvious that women have a different relation to their offspring than men.

A woman can only be pregnant with one genetic mix at a time, thus its in their best interest to nurture and make that genetic mix succeed, so social skills, language etc are all good traits of a woman and nurturer. Now a man can throw their seed around all over, the only major factor is survivability, therefore things such as strength and agility and other mechanical survival traits (even things such as selfishness and greed are excellent survival traits) are all the man can really contribute.
Of course this is an oversimplification and just a glance at your base concept of procreation, humans have large brains so have created vast and complex systems in which to create and raise offspring.

At any rate I think its a bit over the top for you to presume such, and to say in effect that my wife should leave me, because you don't agree with my opinion. No fear here however, she is obviously dumber, or smarter than you.

Methais
01-17-2005, 10:30 PM
You have issues.

Killer Kitten
01-18-2005, 12:22 AM
Are IUD's a thing of the past? I had one for years and it never let me down. The only reason I let the doc remove it finally was because he was tying my tubes.

I'd never leave birth control up to the man. That's a great way to get knocked up. Then when you want to abort he whines and cries about killing 'his baby'. Then once you're burdened with 'his baby' he dumps you for somebody with no 'squalling brat' to 'cramp his style' because he's too (young/old/unready emotionally/insert lame adjective here) to be tied down.

Never quite had this happen, but I've seen it like a bazillion times.

Kimm

Keller
01-18-2005, 01:53 AM
My OB/GYN mother-in-law has my wife/her daughter on Ortho Tri-Cyclen patches.

We've not had a problem yet.

And Fengus has no issues. He's got a pretty good handle on what's really going on, actually. Now I don't plan on inseminating young girls when my wife becomes sterile, but I understand.

Tsa`ah
01-18-2005, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by Killer Kitten
Are IUD's a thing of the past? I had one for years and it never let me down. The only reason I let the doc remove it finally was because he was tying my tubes.

Kimm

For the longest time they were banned within the states due to the "believed" increased risk of TSS. What it was, last I read, was a reaction to the materials used in certain cases, although there is still a moderate likeliness of TSS still.

Canada never stopped, they just went with alternative materials. Many stateside doctors have suggested a trip across the border to women suffering from adverse affects of oral contraception.

Betheny
01-18-2005, 09:54 AM
Patch.

If you can stand it.

Betheny
01-18-2005, 09:56 AM
Well, considering the fact that my husband and I are going through issues and are likely to split up, I really want to make sure I have all my basis covered. It's a long drawn out story and I would rather not share it. And I don't intend on asking him to snip since I'm planning on moving out. I just wanted opinions on this from people that have used it. The last time I was on it was Ortho (not the low), and it really fucked up my moods.

Has anyone tried the one I think it's called pink? Where you only have 4 periods a year??

[Edited on 1-17-2005 by The Cat In The Hat]

Seasonale... it's great if you don't mind being bloated from one period to the next... and perma-PMS...

Betheny
01-18-2005, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Keller
My OB/GYN mother-in-law has my wife/her daughter on Ortho Tri-Cyclen patches.

We've not had a problem yet.

And Fengus has no issues. He's got a pretty good handle on what's really going on, actually. Now I don't plan on inseminating young girls when my wife becomes sterile, but I understand.

Uh, not to be an asshole.

But Ortho makes a patch called Ortho Evra. Ortho Tri-Cyclen is a brand name of another pill they make.

PWNED BY A NON-OBGYN-RELATED-PERSON

SpunGirl
01-18-2005, 12:23 PM
I wouldn't let my mom be my gyno, that's yucky. Plus, isn't there some kind of doctor-ethics issue there?

-K

The Cat In The Hat
01-18-2005, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Maimara

Seasonale... it's great if you don't mind being bloated from one period to the next... and perma-PMS...

Bloated = no good :( and Im already perma PMS'd depending on who you ask.

I can't stand bandaids so i likely couldn't stand the patch.

Vixen
01-18-2005, 01:00 PM
You know, maybe I shoulda started a thread like this oh.. 5 months ago.. and maybe I woulda picked a better alternative... cause I had not one.. but 2 forms of birth control fail on us... apparantly this kid will not be stopped...

The Cat In The Hat
01-18-2005, 01:49 PM
Well, I have internal issues, corrective by surgery, and any child I have will be premature. We got super lucky with Guinevere and I dont want to go through that again ever if I can help it.
Ill have the surgery someday, im sure Ill want another child after I get through school and establish myself, but until then, absolutley NOT!

Allycat
01-18-2005, 01:51 PM
I had the IUD put in last December.. no complaints here. I had the inserts put in after having my daughter, kept them in the entire time (4-5 years), had no issues. I tried the pill, HATED IT. Nothing like PMS, bloating, inconsistant periods, etc.

The best thing about the IUD, no hormone inducing BS and 10 years!!! of carefree sex (well, carefree with my fiance) :D

-Ally

The Cat In The Hat
01-18-2005, 01:58 PM
ok, being stupid, not knowing exactly what an IUD is, I looked it up and now I'm sad... it says that this is technically an abortion...

TO CLARIFY, these are not my words, just something I found when i went looking up what an IUD did.

How does the IUD work?

Although doctors claim they aren't quite sure how the IUD works, it is clear that the IUD does not prevent ovulation, which means that the woman's body will still produce an egg during her monthly cycle.

When the IUD is put in place, it and the chemical it contains alters the fluids in the womb, and the lining of the womb. The presence of the IUD irritates the lining. This is not necessarily painful to the woman, but it can have negative effects on a tiny human being.

After this new life begins at fertilization, the tiny boy or girl must travel to the wall of the womb and implant.

Because the IUD inflames the wall of the uterus, this tissue becomes inhospitable to the new human being. The tiny child cannot attach to the wall of the womb and get nourishment, so he or she dies. This is abortion.

Abortion is an act of direct killing that takes the life of a tiny human being-a life that begins at fertilization.

[Edited on 1-20-2005 by The Cat In The Hat]

SpunGirl
01-18-2005, 01:59 PM
I've heard horror stories about babies being born with IUDs implanted into their heads, or IUDs causing infections. I don't know if I like the idea of a foreign body inside my uterus.

I'd LOVE to try norplant, but there are horror stories about those too, as evidenced by previous posts.

-K

DeV
01-18-2005, 02:01 PM
There's only one really great method of birth control. It's 100% effective too. :whistle:

The Cat In The Hat
01-18-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by DeV
There's only one really great method of birth control. It's 100% effective too. :whistle:

Lesbianism

DeV
01-18-2005, 02:21 PM

Originally posted by DeV

Lesbianism I was thinking abstinence. Where is your mind woman.

Artha
01-18-2005, 02:22 PM
I was thinking anal. :saint:

SpunGirl
01-18-2005, 02:25 PM
Do me a favor, Artha. Try regular sex first before you go sticking your wang in some girl's poop chute. Let me know how it turns out.

-K

Parkbandit
01-18-2005, 02:28 PM
Do me a favor, Artha. Try regular sex first before you go sticking your wang in some girl's poop chute. Let me know how it turns out.

-K

Damn.. where's Arkans when you need him.

The Cat In The Hat
01-18-2005, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by DeV
I was thinking abstinence. Where is your mind woman.

Do you really want me to answer that?

You might regret knowing...

[Edited on 1-18-2005 by The Cat In The Hat]

DeV
01-18-2005, 02:39 PM

Originally posted by DeV
I was thinking abstinence. Where is your mind woman.

Do you really want me to answer that? Yes... I mean no... I mean, I want to know but I'd rather have it the same way I have sex... with no regrets! So... take that :P

Allycat
01-18-2005, 03:08 PM
ok, being stupid, not knowing exactly what an IUD is, I looked it up and now I'm sad... it says that this is technically an abortion...

How does the IUD work?

Although doctors claim they aren't quite sure how the IUD works, it is clear that the IUD does not prevent ovulation, which means that the woman's body will still produce an egg during her monthly cycle.

When the IUD is put in place, it and the chemical it contains alters the fluids in the womb, and the lining of the womb. The presence of the IUD irritates the lining. This is not necessarily painful to the woman, but it can have negative effects on a tiny human being.

After this new life begins at fertilization, the tiny boy or girl must travel to the wall of the womb and implant.

Because the IUD inflames the wall of the uterus, this tissue becomes inhospitable to the new human being. The tiny child cannot attach to the wall of the womb and get nourishment, so he or she dies. This is abortion.

Abortion is an act of direct killing that takes the life of a tiny human being-a life that begins at fertilization.

http://my.webmd.com/hw/womens_conditions/tw9516.asp

I have the copper IUD. I have heard things about the IUD in the past, however after speaking to my ob she actually recommended the IUD for my situation.

a) didn't want to go on the pill
b) don't want to get my tubes tied
c) don't want anymore children
d) can only use the pull and shoot method for so long :)

Anyways.. like I said, I haven't had any issues with it, since getting it a year ago. There are no adverse side affects, except in the beginning I had cramping for approx 3 days.. this was new to me, as I had never really had any kind of cramping in the past. After 30 days of having it put in, I went in for a check up.. then I'm good until the yearly check.. then have it taken out in 10 years (9 now), at which case I'll be 40(ish) and might have another one put in, unless they have something else new and exciting :)

-Ally

CrystalTears
01-18-2005, 03:12 PM
There's something very weird and unnatural to me about having something in my uterus for 10 years. I just don't trust IUD. Granted I've never used one, but I just.. ew.. just not liking the idea of it at all.

Allycat
01-18-2005, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears
There's something very weird and unnatural to me about having something in my uterus for 10 years. I just don't trust IUD. Granted I've never used one, but I just.. ew.. just not liking the idea of it at all.

Well, I preferred having the IUD, over having something (like the pill, patch), that might cause me to bloat, screws with my hormones, may increase acne, gain weight, increased chance of cancer.. etc.

I suggested the IUD, because there are virtually NO side affects and are rare cases of problems.

But, to each his own.

-Ally

CrystalTears
01-18-2005, 03:39 PM
From what I'm told and have read in the past, IUD's can cause the same types of side effects as other birth control such as the pill. I wouldn't go saying there are NO side effects just because you personally don't experience any.

Edited to add the link with information for those interested in using IUD.

http://my.webmd.com/hw/womens_conditions/tw9516.asp

[Edited on 1/18/2005 by CrystalTears]

Methais
01-18-2005, 04:37 PM
<<apparantly this kid will not be stopped... >>

Solution:

The Cat In The Hat
01-18-2005, 04:44 PM
Methais... thats terrible :(

Mistomeer
01-18-2005, 05:05 PM
I really thought in a birth control thread Methais would have graced us with the image of the soccer player taking it in the crotch.

Methais
01-18-2005, 05:07 PM
I'll do even better than that:

Mistomeer
01-18-2005, 05:08 PM
Birth control indeed.

pennywise
01-18-2005, 05:11 PM
Methais, I didnt know you were into that.

Methais
01-18-2005, 05:29 PM
I'm not. However if your birth control does fail....

TheRoseLady
01-18-2005, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by DeV

Swallow? :saint:

:devilsmile: Heh, j/k

Soulpieced
01-18-2005, 05:39 PM
LMAO. Best mpeg ever.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
01-18-2005, 05:57 PM
<Anyways.. like I said, I haven't had any issues with it, since getting it a year ago. There are no adverse side affects, except in the beginning I had cramping for approx 3 days.. this was new to me, as I had never really had any kind of cramping in the past. After 30 days of having it put in, I went in for a check up.. then I'm good until the yearly check.. then have it taken out in 10 years (9 now), at which case I'll be 40(ish) and might have another one put in, unless they have something else new and exciting

-Ally>

Do you set off metal detectors in the airport?

Tsa`ah
01-18-2005, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage

That's so wrong ... funny ... but wrong.

An IUD isn't any more unnatural than the pill or any other method of contraception.

The material used for the device does nothing more than slightly irritate uterus walls in such a way that an ovum can't settle. No ovum present, no cycle to continue.

In many ways it's more of a natural approach than messing with your body’s chemistry with more chemistry.

DeV
01-18-2005, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by TheRoseLady

Originally posted by DeV

Swallow? :saint:

:devilsmile: Heh, j/k :lol: That'd work too I reckon.

CrystalTears
01-18-2005, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Tsa`ah
An IUD isn't any more unnatural than the pill or any other method of contraception.

The material used for the device does nothing more than slightly irritate uterus walls in such a way that an ovum can't settle. No ovum present, no cycle to continue.

In many ways it's more of a natural approach than messing with your body’s chemistry with more chemistry.

I meant unnatural in the sense of having something up there for so long. I don't like the thought of it.

I no likey the thought of a copper thingie in my choochie.

Besides I'd rather deal with the pill that I have somewhat of a control over, rather than a device that I need a doctor to remove. Just bad joojoo, but I'm speaking for me personally. I do realize other women don't mind it, kudos for them. Just not my cup of tea.

I'm very protective of my hooch. My sugar walls will not be irritated, gadnabit! :D

[Edited on 1/19/2005 by CrystalTears]

Killer Kitten
01-18-2005, 08:21 PM
Lazy sack that I am, I kept my IUD for 18 years. I had it implanted at age 18, and removed at age 36. They took it out while I was undergoing a tubal ligation, so it was kind of a twofer.

It was effortless and side-effect-less birth control. The thing is about the size of a dime. It doesn't put out hormones, it doesn't screw with your menstrual cycle, and I would forget for years at a time that I had one. None of my sexual partners ever realized it was there, and no matter how athletic I got in the sack (or out of it) the IUD never made its presence known.

I'd recommend the IUD for anybody wanting a reliable birth control method with nothing to remember and no side effects. I am SO sucky at remembering anything, had I relied on the Pill I'd have spent my life at the abortionists. No thanks!

As far as the idea that I'm responsible for the deaths of 216 (12 menstrual cycles a year times 18 years) helpless babies... Most fertilized eggs don't end up implanting for one reason or another. Does that mean that every woman who ends up with a fertilized ova on her first tampon of the month is a killer because she didn't lie down with her feet up trying to help that ova implant? At this stage the fertilized egg is nothing more than a collection of cells too small to be seen with the naked eye. It is not a fully formed fetus wailing as the heartless IUD using bitch offers it up to the bowel god.

Kimm

Latrinsorm
01-18-2005, 11:30 PM
Does that mean that every woman who ends up with a fertilized ova on her first tampon of the month is a killer because she didn't lie down with her feet up trying to help that ova implant?Not going out of your way to ensure something happens is quite different from going out of your way to prevent something from happening. I don't have an opinion on IUD's, but let's not get out of hand here.

Allycat
01-19-2005, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by CrystalTears

Originally posted by Tsa`ah

I meant unnatural in the sense of having something up there for so long. I don't like the thought of it.

I no likey the thought of a copper thingie in my choochie.

Besides I'd rather deal with the pill that I have somewhat of a control over, rather than a device that I need a doctor to remove. Just bad joojoo, but I'm speaking for me personally. I do realize other women don't mind it, kudos for them. Just not my cup of tea.

I'm very protective of my hooch. My sugar walls will not be irritated, gadnabit! :D

[Edited on 1/19/2005 by CrystalTears]

I find that fact that you even mentioned being protective, of your "hooch" funny..aren't most women just as concerned and you honestly think that someone would go through the process of having something like the IUD put in them.. if they weren't thinking???

I said it has no side affects, because it doesn't...compared to the pill, as Tsa'ah said, I prefer not to jack around with my hormones.. it's bad enough I go through the whole PMS stage once a month.. I don't need any more reason to have a melt down :)

-Ally

Allycat
01-19-2005, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage
<Anyways.. like I said, I haven't had any issues with it, since getting it a year ago. There are no adverse side affects, except in the beginning I had cramping for approx 3 days.. this was new to me, as I had never really had any kind of cramping in the past. After 30 days of having it put in, I went in for a check up.. then I'm good until the yearly check.. then have it taken out in 10 years (9 now), at which case I'll be 40(ish) and might have another one put in, unless they have something else new and exciting

-Ally>

:rolleyes:

01-19-2005, 12:41 PM
So uhh are teh lipz sewed up?

- Arkans

The Cat In The Hat
01-19-2005, 12:54 PM

Absolutley NOT!

Yeah, I could really find a new man THAT way.

Killer Kitten
01-19-2005, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm

Does that mean that every woman who ends up with a fertilized ova on her first tampon of the month is a killer because she didn't lie down with her feet up trying to help that ova implant?Not going out of your way to ensure something happens is quite different from going out of your way to prevent something from happening. I don't have an opinion on IUD's, but let's not get out of hand here.

Just responding to this is all, which struck me as right-to-life propaganda:

<<Although doctors claim they aren't quite sure how the IUD works, it is clear that the IUD does not prevent ovulation, which means that the woman's body will still produce an egg during her monthly cycle.

Abortion is an act of direct killing that takes the life of a tiny human being-a life that begins at fertilization.>>

I mean, if I saw somebody beating a child to death and I just averted my face and walked by, I would certainly qualify for 'scum of the century', wouldn't I? So if I think there's a chance I might have a fertilized ova up there and I don't make every attempt to insure that it implants and grows am I not as guilty of abortion as the chick with her feet in the stirrups at Planned Parenthood?

This is pretty rhetorical, by the way. I never felt like I was having abortions when I used an IUD, and I firmly believe in a woman's right to safe, legal abortion on demand. I just found that definition of IUD usage to be offensive and less than accurate.

Kimm

01-19-2005, 10:16 PM
You can so find a guy that way. Be like.. IF YOU EVER GET IT IN IMAGINE HOW TIGHT IT WILL BE!@!!11

- Arkans

The Cat In The Hat
01-19-2005, 11:36 PM
... Arkans, I think im beginning to see what the rest of PC has already seen.

Something not quite right about that boy...

01-20-2005, 12:05 AM
Sooo uhhhh what are ya trying to say? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

- Arkans

The Cat In The Hat
01-20-2005, 12:08 AM
Let me sew your peepee hole closed, then we'll talk.

Keller
01-20-2005, 12:12 AM

How does the IUD work?

I feel terrible for all those little frozen boys and girls at the fertilization clinic just waiting for millions of willing uteri to bear them to term so they too can be a burden to our already stressed eco-system. :(

DeV
01-20-2005, 08:23 AM
Let me sew your peepee hole closed, then we'll talk. Do it Arkans! Just imagine how tight your hole will be... oh the pleasure.

01-20-2005, 09:41 AM
Woah! But umm.. I don't shove anything in there!

- Arkans

Eiderfleur
01-20-2005, 02:10 PM
Well maybe you should start now!

4a6c1
01-20-2005, 02:12 PM
Suddenly this thread got really interesting.

:devilsmile:

01-20-2005, 02:40 PM
GUYS! HPEL!! BEING GANGED UP!!11

- Arkans

The Cat In The Hat
01-20-2005, 02:42 PM
I have a pointy stick somewhere, Ill be over tonight to give it to you.

peam
01-20-2005, 03:12 PM
A woman with it sewed up wouldn't be all that bad.

There's still two other holes.

Back
01-20-2005, 03:16 PM
If it were going to be one of the three, that wouldnt be my choice.

KymberlynX
01-20-2005, 03:20 PM
After I had Jordyn my doctor wanted to put me on an IUD...the thought of having something foreign in my uterus did NOT appeal to me one bit. After reading what Cat posted about it actually being an abortion, it made me definately not want it at all. :no:

Keller
01-20-2005, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by KymberlynX
After I had Jordyn my doctor wanted to put me on an IUD...the thought of having something foreign in my uterus did NOT appeal to me one bit. After reading what Cat posted about it actually being an abortion, it made me definately not want it at all. :no:

Do you actually buy that shit? She went ahead and highlighted all the semantic brainwashing that was going on in that post. In my opinion it is no different than leaving your other 8 "babies" at the fertility clinic. Is that abortion too?

Warriorbird
01-20-2005, 04:21 PM
"I feel terrible for all those little frozen boys and girls at the fertilization clinic just waiting for millions of willing uteri to bear them to term so they too can be a burden to our already stressed eco-system."

Every sperm is saaaa-cred, every sperm is great....if a sperm gets wasted, God gets quite irate!

The Cat In The Hat
01-20-2005, 04:22 PM
ok, I did nothing of the sort, I was simply posting what I had found on another website when I went looking for information because I was oblivious to what an IUD actually did.

Artha
01-20-2005, 04:23 PM
I'm generally pro-life, but I wouldn't qualify IUDs as abortion.

Keller
01-20-2005, 04:28 PM
ok, I did nothing of the sort, I was simply posting what I had found on another website when I went looking for information because I was oblivious to what an IUD actually did.

I didn't think you actually wrote that. That's why I merely implicated the post. It was an interesting read though. :)

Latrinsorm
01-20-2005, 05:14 PM
GUYS! HPEL!! BEING GANGED UP!!11Jihna, Eiderfleur, DeV, and Cat ganged up on you. Yeah, that really sounds terrible. :wtf:

Artha
01-20-2005, 05:15 PM
They were all pro-sewing shut of the PP.

The Cat In The Hat
01-20-2005, 05:23 PM

yeah, but thats 4 votes to one...

Eider, hand me the needle. Pink thread for this one.

KymberlynX
01-20-2005, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Keller

Originally posted by KymberlynX

Do you actually buy that shit? She went ahead and highlighted all the semantic brainwashing that was going on in that post. In my opinion it is no different than leaving your other 8 "babies" at the fertility clinic. Is that abortion too?

Of course I do...thus my reply in this thread. Brainwashing or not, it's how I feel about it and I'm sticking to it regardless of what "bullshit" you or anyone else thinks it is.

As for "my other 8 "babies" at the fertility clinic"...those don't exist since I've never even been to a fertility clinic in my life nor do I ever plan to. Thankyouverymuch.

01-20-2005, 05:53 PM
Okay, but SOMEONE HAS TO GRAB MY JUNK!

- Arkans

The Cat In The Hat
01-20-2005, 06:09 PM
Okay, but SOMEONE HAS TO GRAB MY JUNK!

- Arkans

Um... That can be someone elses job.

I get to do the sewing though. Ill wear gloves.

HarmNone
01-20-2005, 08:28 PM

yeah, but thats 4 votes to one...

Eider, hand me the needle. Pink thread for this one.

I think I'd use a neon green. Easier to find in the dark, and all....

HarmNone flees...fast

The Cat In The Hat
01-20-2005, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by HarmNone
I think I'd use a neon green. Easier to find in the dark, and all....

HarmNone flees...fast

Maybe glow in the dark? it might irritate him and make it swell though.

Well... Maybe the swelling might not be a bad thing, perhaps he needs all the help he can get...

01-20-2005, 09:41 PM
Do I need to post another picture of the giant cock????

- Arkans

Tsa`ah
01-20-2005, 09:42 PM
I'm not coming down on you Cat, but the American Life League isn't qualified in any way to comment on IUDs.

Let's look at the article with a little more scrutiny.

Although doctors claim they aren't quite sure how the IUD works

No, they know exactly how it works. Doctors that prescribe medicine or treatments (doctors with ethics) won't prescribe something that is a mystery.

When the IUD is put in place, it and the chemical it contains alters the fluids in the womb, and the lining of the womb.

An IUD does not contain chemicals. That would require a "refill". It is nothing more than a metal or metal alloy. True, it irritates the lining of the uterus, but unless one has an allergy to the materials contained in the IUD; there aren't any adverse affects.

It is apparent the person who wrote this steaming pile has no comprehension of a woman's cycle or reproduction outside of sperm meets egg and nine months later.

The ovum, in a vast majority of cases, has already settled in the uterus before fertilization. A free floating ovum that is fertilized normally results in a tubal pregnancy.

One thing you have to sit and think about before you swallow this line, well two if you read my above statement, are the chances of the ovum become fertilized before it leaves the body. Tubal pregnancies happen, but not all that frequently. So the chances of an ovum becoming fertilized in the uterus are probably around the same chances of winning a multi state lottery with multiple tickets. You would literally need to know when the ovum was released from the ovary and have unprotected sex several times a day up to the point of the ovum leaving the body.

Anytime you want to look at medical options, visit websites belonging to the AMA, other medical association, and medical schools. Once you look at a pro-life or pro-choice page ... all objectivity is lost.

The Cat In The Hat
01-20-2005, 09:53 PM
True, and I realize now I was looking at something that was clearly written to deter women from the use of an IUD by presenting inaccurate information.

Like I said before, I'm gullible and it's my worst quality. I've done some more reading and research about it through various websites for OBGYN's and such, and so far it seems like the best hassle free choice. A pill, I would totally forget unless I taped them to my computer and then lets explaine THAT to my houseguests!

How do you know so much about my uterus?!?

The Cat In The Hat
01-20-2005, 09:54 PM
Do I need to post another picture of the giant cock????

- Arkans

I've seen it, I wasn't impressed... :rolleyes:

Back
01-20-2005, 10:06 PM
Yeah, neither was I. But thats because I have the biggest cock on Earth.

http://www.zendada.com/images/cock.jpg

4a6c1
01-20-2005, 11:16 PM
:scared:

That is one oodles scary cock.