PDA

View Full Version : Helpful tidbits

Ososis
09-04-2017, 09:01 AM
UPDATES IN PROCESS:
Gather/STore List
LOOK <name> <item>

I'm sure I will add this as more come to mind, but I wanted to start a thread for useful verbs or tricks that may not be as well known or are just handy!
I have meant to start something like this for a while, every time I have a "I've played for x years and just NOW learn this?!" moment.

MEASURE can be used to see how many hides are in a bundle (I know there are other uses but this is the one I use)

GO <player name> TABLE will take you to the table a person is at, instead of having to figure out what table name they are at.

*RUMMAGE* https://gswiki.play.net/RUMMAGE_(verb)
RUMMAGE <container> INGREDIENT <jar contents> will let you grab a jar with a specific ingredient. example "RUMMAGE CLOAK INGREDIENT DIAMOND" will get the jar with diamonds from my cloak. NOTE the word "ingredient" can NOT be abbreviated

RUMMAGE <container> SPELL <spell # or spell name> lets you grab a scroll with a specific spell. example "RUMMAGE MY SATCHEL SPELL 102"

You can use the verb PAY at the locksmith without having to specify the amount

GAZE LINE will let you see where you are in room order
You gaze around the area and note that you are first in line.
You gaze around the area and note that **** is directly in front of you.

Mogonis
09-04-2017, 09:12 AM
You need to type in, on, under, or behind after RUMMAGE.

Viekn
09-04-2017, 09:19 AM
If you use scrolls, you can RUMMAGE the container you keep them in to locate a specific spell, which I find extremely handy...

>rummage my sat spell 102
You rummage through a smoky grey suede satchel clasped with a fireleaf scroll and remove a black essence rose-painted scroll with Spirit Barrier scrawled upon it.
>rummage my sat spell bravery
You rummage through a smoky grey suede satchel clasped with a fireleaf scroll and remove a crimson leather prayerbook embossed with a silver fist with Bravery scrawled upon it.

*Note that it works both with the spell number or spell name, and at least with rummaging for scrolls, you don't have to use in, on, under, or behind

Ososis
09-04-2017, 09:25 AM
You need to type in, on, under, or behind after RUMMAGE.

Worked for me without it, though it's good to know it can be better specified. I am new to the rummagery, I will have to play with it more.

!>rummage backpack ingredient fang
You rummage around the black leather backpack and remove a thick glass jar containing urglaes fangs.
!>

MotleyCrew
09-04-2017, 12:33 PM
You can direct your smiles just like you can speech. That way if the person you want to smile at walks away, it doesn't make you look like an idiot.

SMILE ::<name>

Mogonis
09-04-2017, 12:42 PM
I highly commend adding CTRL + numpad macros that peer in different directions. So CTRL numpad 4 is peer west, CTRL numpad 5 is peer out, CTRL numpad period is peer up, etc. It's very easy to see what other rooms look like without being in them.

Askip
09-06-2017, 08:14 AM
Put a white flask in your disk.

:D

drauz
09-06-2017, 10:12 AM
Never go out without a towel.

;alias setup

Can make anything you want be a trigger for anything you want.

I could make typing "burn" cast immolate.

LivderaDeralleur
09-06-2017, 11:06 AM
SORT AUTO HEAD
Stop wearing your boots on your head.

STORE/READY/GIRD/SHEATH
I find these useful to setup on any new character.

For example:
READY WEAPON maul

Will make 'GIRD' automatically equip my maul no matter what container it is in.

You can use STORE SET to indicate what sheath you want to use for your weapon so that when you use 'SHEATH' it will put it in the right spot. Also 'STORE ALL' will stow/store everything in your hand.

DEPOSIT ALL at the bank teller will deposit all coins and notes you have on you. (Note: it will not deposit notes in closed containers, which is useful if you have a note you do not want deposited automatically.)
Sadly this is one of those commands I only learned about a year or so ago.

Fallen
09-06-2017, 11:27 AM
STOW is another useful one to set on a new character.

https://gswiki.play.net/STOW_(verb)

The page has a link to the verbs mentioned above as well. The syntax can be a bit tricky to set up.

Methais
09-06-2017, 01:52 PM
If you rent a hooker, you can kill her after and get your money back.

Ososis
09-06-2017, 03:20 PM

And holding a shield increases your block chance! Lets expand beyond the basics :)

drauz
09-06-2017, 08:11 PM
And holding a shield increases your block chance! Lets expand beyond the basics :)

Only in the left hand though!

Ososis
09-07-2017, 10:26 PM
You can use the verb
PAY
at the locksmith without specifying an amount.

wetsand
09-08-2017, 12:55 PM
You can multicast spells to increase durations. This can used on yourself or others. *;waggle has a setting for this.

Example:
prep 401
cast <name> 3

That will cast 401 three times. Note it will use the total mana cost of how many times you cast the spell. (401 would be 3 mana total)

Fallen
09-08-2017, 01:48 PM
Don't forget to activate your login bridges. If you don't set the Min/Max they won't work and you'll lose your streak even if you have some accrued.

Login bridges allow a player to miss logging in for one or more days, but still keep a character's login streak intact. In order to make use of login bridges, players must use the BOOST (https://gswiki.play.net/BOOST) BRIDGE MIN command to specify the minimum login streak that they are willing to spend a login bridge to maintain, and the BOOST BRIDGE MAX command to specify the maximum number of login bridges they are willing to expend at a single time.

These settings must be set before a login streak is interrupted, not after. The default BOOST BRIDGE MAX setting is 0; that is, to never use a login bridge.

Login bridges are rewarded on the 13th and 24th days of Login Rewards (https://gswiki.play.net/Login_Rewards), are available in the SimuCoins (https://gswiki.play.net/SimuCoin) Store for 250 SCs for a pack of 5, and are available in-game as a stability contract, which is sometimes a minor prize at paid events.

https://gswiki.play.net/Login_bridge

Gelston
09-08-2017, 01:51 PM

I played another MUD where this was an actual mechanic within it.

Methais
09-08-2017, 02:25 PM
I played another MUD where this was an actual mechanic within it.

Gemstone 1?

Gelston
09-08-2017, 02:29 PM
Gemstone 1?

It was a Star Wars based mud. It had prostitutes on "Imperial City", this was before Coruscant had official or wide use. You could give them some credits and they'd take you to another room and you'd have random sexually themed emotes, and it'd refill your health. You could then kill them for their clothes and credits.

Wrathbringer
09-08-2017, 02:36 PM
It was a Star Wars based mud.

Were there Klingons around Uranus?

Gelston
09-08-2017, 02:40 PM
Were there Klingons around Uranus?

Neither of those exist in Star Wars.

Wrathbringer
09-08-2017, 02:43 PM
Neither of those exist in Star Wars.

Oh...right. so...no? I guess?

Methais
09-08-2017, 02:53 PM
It was a Star Wars based mud. It had prostitutes on "Imperial City", this was before Coruscant had official or wide use. You could give them some credits and they'd take you to another room and you'd have random sexually themed emotes, and it'd refill your health. You could then kill them for their clothes and credits.

You hand hooker 1000 credits.

You bang hooker.

You kill hooker.

You search hooker.
Hooker had 46 credits.
You gain 46 credits.

Gelston
09-08-2017, 02:57 PM

You bang hooker.

You kill hooker.

You search hooker.
Hooker had 46 credits.
You gain 46 credits.

No, you got it all back. Sometimes more if other people were running around banging hookers and not killing them.

Wrathbringer
09-08-2017, 02:57 PM

You bang hooker.

You kill hooker.

You search hooker.
Hooker had 46 credits.
You gain 46 credits.

Somehow the pimp still got paid.

Wrathbringer
09-08-2017, 02:58 PM
No, you got it all back. Sometimes more if other people were running around banging hookers and not killing them.

:lol:

Methais
09-10-2017, 11:52 AM
Somehow the pimp still got paid.

Upgrayedd always gets his money.

http://broke207.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/upgrayedd2.jpg

Taernath
09-10-2017, 12:35 PM

Gonna need a name here.

grapedog
10-04-2017, 06:16 PM
You can right click on your narost map to bring up the narost menu, click on room number, enter a room number and it will bring you to that room on the specific map. So you can see where it is, what's in the area, especially if you're trying to rescue someone. Perhaps more useful for lower levels, but still cool. Also, ;show (room number) will bring you up a description of that specific room.

I just found out about these last night after only a month or two back playing this game.

Also, this thread is awesome, I hope people keep contributing little bits of wisdom, I've already picked up one or two really cool bits from here.

Ososis
10-09-2017, 04:32 PM
Gotta give credit to "That mysterious voice on discord" for this one. Basically to reduce screen scroll I was ignoring ">" which was very helpful in condensing scroll, especially in crowded rooms.

The Voice had a better solution. Right click somewhere in Stormfront, choose SETTINGS, in the bottom left is a box of "Prompt Style", choosing No Prompt will condense the scroll by removing the ">" without having to toggle ignores. In general I prefer the prompt to help break up different actions, but when it's handy, it's handy as hell.

Gelston
10-09-2017, 06:26 PM
Gonna need a name here.

There were several SW muds. I forgot the name, Star Wars something something. They were all the same.

Methais
10-10-2017, 12:46 AM
If you see cheap/somewhat cheap jewelry under for sale in the pawnshop, buy it and resell it at the gemshop for a profit.

Ososis
07-14-2018, 06:54 AM
Credit to Raelee on discord

Donquix
07-14-2018, 12:54 PM
Credit to Raelee on discord

or if you use lich, download and run ;roomorder

which does a gaze line, and then outputs the actual full numbered room list with you in it.