PDA

View Full Version : Official Posts Pulled

Mini-Spir
01-12-2005, 05:41 PM
Spoken to with major disrespect by a GM · on 1/12/2005 3:13:34 AM 15703

Well this seems to be the folder to get a response from a GM so I assume this is the best place to voice my concerns.

Today a lot of "Crap" for lack of a better word happened. From my understanding nobody was warned, but a lot of people were upset from everything that happened.

What I'm having a problem swallowing is the way I was spoken to by a GM who came to put an end to the mess. I understand if she's frustrated, but this could have been handled much better.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

S quickly says, "Well no one has came til now sense my last report."
s>
Kyalia says, "To be honest... you have all been equally at fault here.. ."
s>
S quickly says, "So i didn't know."
s>stare
You stare at nothing in particular.
s>
Kyalia says, "Or I would have come sooner."
s>
S quickly says, "I haven't done anything to him."
s>
Kyalia says, "You argue like children."
s>'Shouldn't that be in private?
You ask, "Shouldn't that be in private?"
s>
Kyalia says, "(My Character Name) shut up."
s>
Kyalia says, "I have all of listening to you today I can stand."
s>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wouldn't think too many customers would appreciate being told to Shut up when asking that a completely OOC conversation is taken to whispers. Even if the conversation was acceptable in public, that type of response was not necessary. After making her rude statement to me, Kyalia pulled the other character involved. (So why make the comment to me?)

I was also pulled after the other character returned, and I was threatened with a lockout (With no previous warnings) if I spoke to the other character. I honestly feel like I'm the victim in the circumstances that happened today, and I feel that Kyalia was taking things out on me, which was not necessary. Is this acceptable behavior for a GM?

Mini-Spir
01-12-2005, 05:42 PM
Your message copied below has been removed from the The Bad, and the Ugly (general complaints) topic for flaming. The GemStone IV Forum has a family oriented atmosphere where people can exchange ideas and information without fear of being harassed or intimidated. Relevant text from your message:

The area where you named Kyalia. I noticed that you didn't use the other names, so why keep Kyalia's name in there? I am assuming that you put it in there to humiliate her, thus the caution for an Inflammatory post. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to write to me at GS4-Mignon@play.net.

It's important to us that you understand why this kind of posting is not acceptable. If you feel unclear about the guidelines for posting, please click the Forum Policies link in the upper right corner of the Forums pages. Our guidelines specifically request that members count to 10 and be kind when posting.

If you have any questions about my action in removing your message, please don't hesitate to email me so we can clarify the issue to your satisfaction.

Sincerely,
GM Mignon

==== BEGIN COPY OF POST ====
Forum: GemStone IV
Category: Discussions with Simutronics
Topic: The Bad, and the Ugly (general complaints)
Msg#: 15703
Subject: Spoken to with major disrespect by a GM

Well this seems to be the folder to get a response from a GM so I assume this is the best place to voice my concerns.

Today a lot of "Crap" for lack of a better word happened. From my understanding nobody was warned, but a lot of people were upset from everything that happened.

What I'm having a problem swallowing is the way I was spoken to by a GM who came to put an end to the mess. I understand if she's frustrated, but this could have been handled much better.

----

s>
s>
s>stare
s>
s>
s>
s>
s>
s>

----

I wouldn't think too many customers would appreciate being told to Shut up when asking that a completely OOC conversation is taken to whispers. Even if the conversation was acceptable in public, that type of response was not necessary. After making her rude statement to me, Kyalia pulled the other character involved. (So why make the comment to me?)

I was also pulled after the other character returned, and I was threatened with a lockout (With no previous warnings) if I spoke to the other character. I honestly feel like I'm the victim in the circumstances that happened today, and I feel that Kyalia was taking things out on me, which was not necessary. Is this acceptable behavior for a GM?
==== END COPY OF POST ====

[Edited on 1-12-2005 by Mini-Spir]

01-12-2005, 05:42 PM
:spam:

Mini-Spir
01-12-2005, 05:43 PM
Your post was hidden from the GemStone IV Forum as part of removing a full or partial thread of discussion that was incompatible with our Forum polices. While your post may be within policy, it was part of a thread that needed to be taken off the Boards.

You have not incurred a penalty as a result of this post being hidden.

General Reminder:
Please remember that you agree to abide by the Rules for Posting and the Terms of Service each and every time you login to our services. If you need to review these items, they can be found via the Forum Policies link at the top of every forum's page and from the customer service page, respectively.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

A copy of your post is included for your reference, below.

==== BEGIN COPY OF POST ====
Forum: GemStone IV
Category: Discussions with Simutronics
Topic: The Bad, and the Ugly (general complaints)
Msg#: 15709
Subject: Re: Spoken to with major disrespect by a GM

I figured someone would ask ... Aside from reporting about the situation that took place today, there was nothing else I said or did. I would assume a GM should not be upset that someone reports when others are attacking that player, or when another player makes OOC comments in public, or uses vulgarity such as "faggot." -> Another players words which I'm not really happy to repeat.

So yes, there was more to the story, but I don't think that it was still called for.

>down
[The Resting Spot]
You notice other peoples disks.
Also here: GameMaster Kyalia, Lady S (sitting)
Obvious exits: up
>
You sit down.
s>
s>
s>
s>stare
s>
s>
s>
s>
s>
s>
S just disappeared.
s>
Kyalia gestures and a shaft of scintillating light from somewhere above pierces the ceiling and engulfs her. When the light recedes Kyalia is no longer there.
==== END COPY OF POST ====

Soulpieced
01-12-2005, 05:48 PM
Stop posting stuff you know will get pulled?

TheRoseLady
01-12-2005, 05:50 PM
I noticed you edited your other thread to remove the part where she said she was watching you all day. Way to try and make yourself look innocent.

I thought just about everyone knew that you can't post logs on the official boards of GM interactions and expect them to stay. There's no way to prove they aren't doctored, nor is that a good business policy to allow things that can be made to look unflattering about GMs to hang around on the boards, use feedback.

:troll:

Skeeter
01-12-2005, 05:55 PM
:stfu:

Soulpieced
01-12-2005, 05:57 PM
Man that's a great smiley.

SpunGirl
01-12-2005, 06:18 PM
Boo-frickety-hoo.

-K

01-12-2005, 06:19 PM
:ban:

- Arkans

CrystalTears
01-12-2005, 06:32 PM
:loser:

Amaron
01-12-2005, 06:36 PM
Is there a point to all this.. besides letting us know what an idiot you are?
:shrug:

Think you need some :help:

J

Ilvane
01-12-2005, 06:47 PM
Sorry, telling someone to shut up is not professional, nor is it something that should be held as an example as a good GM.

I like Kyalia, but was that necessary? Civility should be expected from employees, especially in the CE vein.

-A

Mini-Spir
01-12-2005, 06:48 PM
Re: Thread Hidden · on 1/12/2005 4:36:03 PM 15718

Can you tell me if I'm allowed to post that a GM told me to shut up and that she's had enough of me without naming her?

Is there any folder on these official boards where posters can let other players know how they were treated with disrespect without it getting hidden or pulled? My post was not meant to harass not humiliate the GM in question. It was to merely point out the fact that she was very rude and perhaps someone needs to remind her to compose herself when dealing with players.

Your message copied below has been removed from the The Bad, and the Ugly (general complaints) topic for flaming. The GemStone IV Forum has a family oriented atmosphere where people can exchange ideas and information without fear of being harassed or intimidated. Relevant text from your message:

I am assuming that you put (her name) in there to humiliate her, thus the caution for an Inflammatory post. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to write to me at GS4-(Some Moderator)@play.net.

Again, I'd like to state that I wasn't attempting to flame the GM. I merely posted that she told me to Shut up, and that she's had all she can take of me. No where in my post did I make an kind of derogatory comment about the GM.

I wouldn't think too many customers would appreciate being told to Shut up when asking that a completely OOC conversation is taken to whispers. Even if the conversation was acceptable in public, that type of response was not necessary. After making her rude statement to me, (The GM) pulled the other character involved. (So why make the comment to me?)

I was also pulled after the other character returned, and I was threatened with a lockout (With no previous warnings) if I spoke to the other character. I honestly feel like I'm the victim in the circumstances that happened today, and I feel that (The GM) was taking things out on me, which was not necessary. Is this acceptable behavior for a GM?

The above message is my original post edited to remove the GM's name. From my understanding this post should now be allowed? I don't feel like I'm flaming anyone in that post, nor is it my intentions. I am merely stating what happened in my unpleasant interaction with this GM.

LAIRDGEOFF

Re: Thread Hidden · on 1/12/2005 4:41:16 PM 15719

Rather mild mannered GM...

Obviously coddling is the rule now ;)

Re: Thread Hidden · on 1/12/2005 4:49:14 PM 15720

Coddling would be nice but a little civility goes a long way.

;)

MALONEYA
Ilvane and girls..

It's amazing how being polite is so underdone nowadays, or it is considered as coddling.

Personally, I love that. If I told people to shut up, my mother would have thwapped me, no matter how rude they were being to me, it didn't excuse being rude back.

And if I did that to a customer, I'd get fired.

I like the GM is question too, I don't understand what really happened!

-A

~*~Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, sing like nobody's listening, live like it's Heaven on Earth~*~

LADYAVAIA
Death becomes you.

Re: Thread Hidden · on 1/12/2005 5:08:01 PM 15722

Two things are for certain, Ilvane -

1) We don't know the whole story.
2) We never will.

When dealing with children there is a time to be nice, and a time to be not nice. <shrug>

Avaia, player of

> Too often, verily, did I follow close on the heels of truth: so she kicked me in the face. - the shadow of Zarathustra

MALONEYA
Ilvane and girls..
Re: Thread Hidden · on 1/12/2005 5:09:41 PM 15723

Yeah, it may just be that I've never been a mother, so I don't know how to deal with children.:)

I'm sure we don't have the whole story, that's probably why the post got pulled, no less.

Still would have looked better to be polite!

Angela

~*~Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, sing like nobody's listening, live like it's Heaven on Earth~*~

Re: Thread Hidden · on 1/12/2005 5:20:00 PM 15724

Sorry, but I'm not a child, and I don't apprecite you flaming me.

The whole story consists of a days worth of fuding with multiple players. I was killed twice, two others died, friends were brought in to stun/nightmare/sleep players. Someone kept speaking OOC in public, someone was calling others a faggot. <-- Sorry to repeat the vulgarity, but you wanted to know the story.

The GM in question stated she had been watching for quite awhile. So I understand if she's upset and frustrated. I still feel she needs to compose herself. She is in a position of power, she needs to be mature and responsible with her actions, not act like a child herself.

Mini-Spir
01-12-2005, 06:49 PM
GS4-EMERADAN
Feh (TM)

Ignore Author

Email Author

Once Again... · on 1/12/2005 5:29:40 PM 15726

Further posts regarding the recently-mentioned incident will be removed, and the posters will be issued TAC warnings.

~
GM Emeradan
GS4-EMERADAN@PLAY.NET
GemStone IV Forums
~

SCANDAL2004

Ignore Author

Email Author

Re: Once Again... · on 1/12/2005 5:35:19 PM 15729

lol, was writing a reply as you were posting this.

Deleted it myself to spare you the time.

Wincit

MALONEYA
Ilvane and girls..

Ignore Author

Email Author

Re: Once Again... · on 1/12/2005 5:37:38 PM 15730

Emeradan,

If we were to start a post on civility would that be fine? I just don't want to get deleted again.

-A

Mini-Spir
01-12-2005, 06:51 PM
GS4-EMERADAN
Feh (TM)

Ignore Author

Email Author

Re: Once Again... · on 1/12/2005 5:49:04 PM 15731

Emeradan,

If we were to start a post on civility would that be fine? I just don't want to get deleted again.

-A

Starting a new thread to discuss negative staff interactions would be appropriate for this folder.

~
GM Emeradan
GS4-EMERADAN@PLAY.NET
GemStone IV Forums

CrystalTears
01-12-2005, 06:53 PM
Oh I agree that a GM telling a customer to shut up is bad form.

However:
a) We're talking about Spir, here. I'm willing to make an exception, and

b) This is the second time he mentions this ridiculous encounter.

Posting about it here won't get him any favors, and speaking badly about anyone, especially a GM, on the official boards is just not the way to go. He should speak to feedback if he feels that badly about it. I'm just not giving him the sympathy he wants cause, well, I don't feel he deserves it here, :shrug:

DeV
01-12-2005, 07:18 PM
Quit crying already. Send a letter/e-mail to feedback. That's what they're there for.

Artha
01-12-2005, 07:22 PM
Cry about it.

Mini-Spir
01-12-2005, 07:29 PM
Quit crying... Cry... I'm so confused? Maybe I should do both?

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

HarmNone
01-12-2005, 07:51 PM
Umm...as far back as I can remember, posts like that have always been pulled from the official forums. I fail to understand why, for some, it always causes such a clamor. :rolleyes:

Brattt8525
01-12-2005, 07:55 PM
:blackcloud:

Nieninque
01-12-2005, 07:58 PM
Because it is what Lycain does... :jerkit:

Artha
01-12-2005, 08:01 PM
Quit crying... Cry... I'm so confused? Maybe I should do both?

I was being sarcastic. I'm pretty sure DeV wasn't. Ergo, you can stop.

Sinful Saint
01-12-2005, 09:08 PM
What a loser you are. Stop wringing for sympathy.

Mini-Spir
01-12-2005, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Sinful Saint
What a loser you are. Stop wringing for sympathy.

Thanks for the input! And the attention!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

[Edited on 1-13-2005 by Mini-Spir]

Kainen
01-12-2005, 10:16 PM
Go sit in the corner with Warclaidhm.

Mini-Spir
01-12-2005, 10:21 PM
OMG thats so funny

Jonty
01-12-2005, 10:52 PM
The area where you named Kyalia. I noticed that you didn't use the other names, so why keep Kyalia's name in there? I am assuming that you put it in there to humiliate her, thus the caution for an Inflammatory post.

So post it with the names.

Mini-Spir
01-12-2005, 11:38 PM
Nah, I knew player names couldn't be listed, I didn't know that you can't say anything bad about a GM (Even though its true)

Askip
01-13-2005, 08:49 AM
<< Kyalia says, "I have all of listening to you today I can stand."
>>

I'd like to see the log of that day.

:D

Parkbandit
01-13-2005, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by SpunGirl
Boo-frickety-hoo.

-K

God.. do it right.

01-13-2005, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Mini-Spir
Nah, I knew player names couldn't be listed, I didn't know that you can't say anything bad about a GM (Even though its true)

Are you joking?

-۞

Mini-Spir
01-13-2005, 05:23 PM
GS4-KYALIA

Ignore Author

Email Author

Re: Civility · on 1/13/2005 1:43:29 PM 15755

I owe a player an apology which I will send directly to him but I also want to apologize to all of your for the fact that I did indeed tell a player to Shut up. That was unprofessional of me and leaves a bad mark on myself as well as the view of staff by the players.

Saying Shut-up in not something I do in real life, as a staff member or as a player of gemstone. I wasn't mad. I wasn't upset I wasn't even frustrated. I was trying to speak to a large group of folks in an OOC manner since it was an assist. After countless times of being interupted I said Shut up, as a quick way to get the message to this person to quit interupting which was wrong and rude of me.

I of course can not go in to any detail of this matter but I did want to offer my apology. I am embarrassed and sorry that I splurted that out without finding a more professional way to handle the situation at hand. After having witnessed many many hours of an ongoing conflict I was just flat tired of it and spoke in a very short manner which was very inappropriate.

Please accept my apologies and do not hold others of my teammates responsible for actions that were mindless and mine alone.

Sincerely,

Kyalia

Mini-Spir
01-13-2005, 05:24 PM
After countless times of being interupted I said Shut up, as a quick way to get the message to this person to quit interupting which was wrong and rude of me.

I only have one problem with this. I wasn't the person interrupting except once, I stared and asked if that should be in private.

CrystalTears
01-13-2005, 05:53 PM
That was very cool of her to apologize. That just speaks volumns of the kind of GM she is that actually cares about what she does. You won't get apologies like that often.

Now that she apologized, could you just let this go? kthnx

Mini-Spir
01-13-2005, 06:34 PM
Dear Spir,

I am writing to apologize for you for telling you character to shut up. At the time I spoke the words to you I was not mad, angry, or upset.

I had watched you and the others on the ledge bicker and fight for hours on end. I had witnessed you repeatedly report every instance of folks being slightly ooc all through the day in what appeared as a means to harass them further. I witnessed folks kill you and you kill them repeatedly. I had witnessed you whispering harassing thoughts to folks when they asked you repeatedly and warned you to stop. I witnessed you pushing folks off the ledge and accusing them of being multi-accounters when you had no factual background. I also watched as you were rude and abusive to two hosts and another GM.

Additionally I witnessed you speaking the same word to folks on the ledge:

Spir just sayed "i prefer to call it you all bitching and not shutting up".

You came into the room while I was answering an assist which IS an ooc event. I was trying to get things calmed down so that I could start consulting folks and getting their side of this massive conflict. You walked in and immediately started ranting to me about ooc comments etc. (As you had done to others all day.)

I was wrong in saying shut up to you.

I should have taken a few more minutes and told you to please keep all your comments to yourself, as I am trying to get to the bottom of this ongoing conflict and would appreciate you not adding more fuel to the fire.

I was speaking out loud in an OOC manner rather than whispering as ALL the folks currently in the room were involved and I was speaking to everyone. You did indeed miss the first several comments that I had made to the group before you arrived back at the ledge. I would have normally whispered to the assistee before consulting her. Everyone in the room was whispering to me at once to tell their side and so I spoke out load so I could answer everyone. You walking and starting right back in was not helping to get the situation under control.

I have been a staff member for GemStone since early 1996. I have never until Tuesday evening when I spoke to you, told anyone in game to Shut up. I'm very well known for being patient with huge rooms of noisy people while working as a merchant, playing games or taking care of customers. It was totally out of character for me to tell you to shut up. Frankly I shocked myself when I did so. I had just added your comments about bitching and not shutting up into a file, just moments before I arrived in the room. Then bloop I just said it back to you.

That is no excuse.. But I keep asking myself why I would have said that to you.. Since it’s not something I would say even in anger or in jest.

Again I apologize for that comment.

Sincerely
Kyalia

Mini-Spir
01-13-2005, 06:36 PM
Well, I was at first slightly happy that you made an apology, but the fact that you're also making me out in a bad light has made me want to respond with my side of the story, as I believe you have changed the actual facts of the day.

"I had witnessed you repeatedly report every instance of folks being slightly ooc all through the day in what appeared as a means to harass them further."

You do acknowledge that they were OOC, so why do you consider it harassment for me to report such behavior? If anything, it's very appropriate as this IS a role-playing game, and such conversations should not take place in the open.

"I witnessed folks kill you and you kill them repeatedly."

This is incorrect, as your logs would show, Mythrand was the first player to kill me, followed by Vandele, Yipouy and Mazurton attacking me, I believe my second death would show Mazurton as the final blow as his Nightmare was the action of my final demise. The only death caused by me on that day would be Yipouy.

"I had witnessed you whispering harassing thoughts to folks when they asked you repeatedly and warned you to stop. I witnessed you pushing folks off the ledge and accusing them of being multi-accounters when you had no factual background."

You are correct in the fact that I was issued a "warn interaction" by players. You failed to mention the fact that they kept speaking to me, or about me in the open. Those actions clearly break the warn interaction, so when I did respond, it did not apply as I'm told. Also, many people were pushed off the ledge that day, including myself. I was not the only person doing so, yet you fail to mention that.

"I also watched as you were rude and abusive to two hosts and another GM."

You are partially correct here, I did feel I was rude to one of the game hosts that came to answer my assist. But if you were watching, you should be well aware that I apologized to that game host for being rude. I do not feel I was rude to Emeradan but I would like to send an apology to him if he was offended. He is truly a great GM in the interactions I've had with him.

"Additionally I witnessed you speaking the same word to folks on the ledge:

Spir just sayed "i prefer to call it you all bitching and not shutting up".

I assume you are speaking of the term "Bitching." From my understanding and confirmation from GM Zyllah, bitching is not considered vulgarity due to the context of it being used. Should it be used as "Bitch" and an offensive term, it would be vulgarity.

"You came into the room while I was answering an assist which IS an ooc event. I was trying to get things calmed down so that I could start consulting folks and getting their side of this massive conflict. You walked in and immediately started ranting to me about ooc comments etc. (As you had done to others all day.) "

I'm actually offended by these comments. You're making it out as if I came in and did multiple things to disrupt what was going on. Thankfully I logged these events so I can shed the truth on what actually happened.

You sit down.
s>
Starlaz quickly says, "Well no one has came til now sense my last report."
s>
s>
Starlaz quickly says, "So i didn't know."
s>stare
s>
s>
Starlaz quickly says, "I haven't done anything to him."
s>
s>
Kyalia says, "Spir shut up."
s>
s>

As you can see above, I asked one time, shouldn't that conversation be in private.

"I was speaking out loud in an OOC manner rather than whispering as ALL the folks currently in the room were involved and I was speaking to everyone."

This is another false statement. Everyone in the room was NOT involved, Anarquendi (Check the spelling, he's a ranger) was in the room and he was NOT involved in anyway whatsoever. Unfortunately I lost the top part of my log where it listed everyone in the room, but there was more than a single person there, that was not involved.

"Everyone in the room was whispering to me at once to tell their side and so I spoke out load so I could answer everyone. You walking and starting right back in was not helping to get the situation under control."

As the log above shows, I do not feel I walked in and started right back up. I simply asked that another OOC conversation (There had been multiple that day, which you (Kyalia) have already acknowledged), which to me looked to be to one person, be taken in private. I feel your wording in many places in this response to me is for the sole fact of making me out to be something I'm not.

To end my response, I would like to thank you for your apology. But I still feel that its not a true honest apology due to your many comments in your apology email. You have made false statements which I have proven above. Someone should remind you of how to tell the truth and not embellish the story, or you should word your statements in a clear and concise manner.

One last thing that bothers me is your post on the official boards. "Saying Shut-up in not something I do in real life, as a staff member or as a player of gemstone. I wasn't mad. I wasn't upset I wasn't even frustrated. I was trying to speak to a large group of folks in an OOC manner since it was an assist. After countless times of being interupted I said Shut up, as a quick way to get the message to this person to quit interupting which was wrong and rude of me."

As the log above shows, I did interrupt you, but a single time, with a valid comment. You did not say shut up to anyone but me, so your comment is either poorly worded, or just another attempt to put me in a bad light.

In the future, I will be very careful about how I report a situation. I will continue as instructed to report OOC comments, (Just once) as they're breaking the spirit of the game and should be. But I will control my urge to report multiple times which obviously upset you.

I would also like to thank everyone that had to spend time addressing this situation. I know time can be spread thin and I'm sure this has taken up its fair share.

Sincerely,
Your Customer

[Edited on 1-13-2005 by Mini-Spir]

Snapp
01-13-2005, 06:48 PM
I'd never last as a GM. I would've added quite a few swear words into my "shutup" if I had to deal with someone like you. Classy of her to apologize.

Makkah
01-13-2005, 06:50 PM
Jesus looks like you deserved a fuckload more than a "Shut up."

Thank god I'm not a GM; you woulda got a well-deserved "Shut the FUCK up, bitch."

rht

The Cat In The Hat
01-13-2005, 06:54 PM
I think Kyalia 's smart enough to know that Sayed is not a word, so I dunno if I believe that.

Keller
01-13-2005, 06:54 PM
Sometimes people need to be hit over the fucking head with a "Hey! Quit being an annoying dipshit and GMs wont spank you" stick. You acted like an annoying dipshit. She had every right to tell you to shut up. Your a whiny little bitch and a supreme attention whore. You sound like Lycain.

[Edited on 1-14-2005 by HarmNone]

Soulpieced
01-13-2005, 06:56 PM
Judging by the gross number of grammatical errors, I'll bet many silvers that is doctored in some way, shape, or form.

[Edited on 1-13-2005 by Soulpieced]

Mini-Spir
01-13-2005, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Soulpieced
Judging by the amount of spelling errors, I'll bet many silvers that is doctored in some way, shape, or form.

Give me email addresses and I'll forward the original email. If you also check MY spelling you'll see no spelling errors. However, you all will believe what you want to believe. What I posted has not been doctored in any way.

SpunGirl
01-13-2005, 07:07 PM
Here's my constructive post. Deal with Kyalia and stop trying to get support for your "Kyalia sux" campaign, because it simply isn't happening. I can't stand her as a merchant and I think she sucks at that, but in the situation you've presented, I see no reason to bash her. Give me a rediculously outlandish alteration she's okayed, and we'll talk.

-K

Numbers
01-13-2005, 07:07 PM
Let it go already.

Keller
01-13-2005, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by 3704558
Let it go already.

I know! Jesus Spun, so she's a bad alterer. Get off her case already.

AlahnnaDenale
01-13-2005, 07:11 PM
At that point, I would've logged him off silently, had I been in Kyalia's place. He's an idiot and needs to shut up, period.

SpunGirl
01-13-2005, 07:20 PM
I suck for not discerning jokes from non-jokes. :no:

Keller is nice. That is all.

-K

[Edited on 1-14-2005 by SpunGirl]

Keller
01-13-2005, 07:36 PM
None of you will ever know.

MWHAHAHAHA!!!

[Edited on 1-14-2005 by Keller]

DeV
01-13-2005, 07:39 PM
I was gonna say Spun, I thought he was being sarcastic.

Anyway, to get on topic, let the shit go. You posted about the way she handled the situation initially and how you were displeased with it and now she's apologized and you have a problem with that.

What the fuck will make you happy.

CrystalTears
01-13-2005, 07:44 PM
Smilies are your friend, Keller. ;)

You know, Spir, I honestly don't know what kind of response you are looking for. You post that she told you to shut up. She apologizes. You don't like her apology. What gives? What do you really expect us to say? 'Gee, what a bad GM. She fucked up and apologized.' Sorry if I just don't get what you're after, so you'll just have to accept that not everyone jumps on GM-bashing threads for any old reason, especially from someone who is not even favored to begin with.

SpunGirl
01-13-2005, 07:47 PM
You know, I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't get that whole bashing mentality. It's like just because it's the PC and you can name names, people have a habit of assuming that everyone is ready to h8 on any GM at any time and for any reason.

In reality, I think the majority of the GMs that have had complaint threads posted about them have received a lot of support - usually because the complaintant is a total moron, like Klaive posting about GM Stealth. The one exception I can think of was the Brauden/PsiNet thread, and even that was heavily debated.

I don't want to think of the PC as a place to slam GMs just because they're GMs. It's not a "hate-Simu" site, as far as I know - it's just a little more liberal in what you can and can't say.

-K

Mini-Spir
01-13-2005, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by DeV

Anyway, to get on topic, let the shit go. You posted about the way she handled the situation initially and how you were displeased with it and now she's apologized and you have a problem with that.

Well, as others have said the same thing I guess I should address it. Someone asked if I wanted to get her fired? Thats not what I'm hoping at all, the GM's are spread thin enough.

I guess what I wanted was a true honest apology. Not an apology that was riddled with comments that made the apology nothing at all. I feel that her email was an apology with a letter about how I was wrong tied to it, which of course, I disagreed with.

Had her apology just been, Spir, I would like to apologize for my comments in a frustrating event of circumstances. I will make an effort to be the responsible person that I should be with the power I hold.

A person in her position should not act in the way she did. Everyone was upset when Brauden was doing things of this nature, but when I post about Kyalia doing something similar, I'm the bad guy. Why? Because its me, Spir, and there are enough people on here that don't like me.

Like I stated before, if anyone else would have posted this information, it would have been taken in a completely different way, and I doubt that the poster would have been harassed as you all have harassed me.

SpunGirl
01-13-2005, 07:52 PM
Like I stated before, if anyone else would have posted this information, it would have been taken in a completely different way, and I doubt that the poster would have been harassed as you all have harassed me.

Maybe if someone like, say.... Snapp, or CT, or Cat or something, had posted about a bad interaction with a GM, we might lend a more sympathetic ear. Why? Because those people have not shown themselves to be complete morons within the confines of GS and on this board.

But as I previously stated, I don't even care overmuch for the GM you mentioned and even I think you are clearly in the wrong here. Add to that the fact that you keep posting thread after thread about this petty little incident and it becomes downright annoying. Enough already.

-K

Keller
01-13-2005, 07:58 PM

Originally posted by DeV

Well, as others have said the same thing I guess I should address it. Someone asked if I wanted to get her fired? Thats not what I'm hoping at all, the GM's are spread thin enough.

I guess what I wanted was a true honest apology. Not an apology that was riddled with comments that made the apology nothing at all. I feel that her email was an apology with a letter about how I was wrong tied to it, which of course, I disagreed with.

Had her apology just been, Spir, I would like to apologize for my comments in a frustrating event of circumstances. I will make an effort to be the responsible person that I should be with the power I hold.

A person in her position should not act in the way she did. Everyone was upset when Brauden was doing things of this nature, but when I post about Kyalia doing something similar, I'm the bad guy. Why? Because its me, Spir, and there are enough people on here that don't like me.

Dude, she told you to shut up because she had been watching you harass other people and didn't want you to start up with her. You whispered to people who didn't want you to. You repeatedly killed PCs. You were acting like an asshole. Don't be surprised that people treat you the way they do.

DeV
01-13-2005, 08:04 PM
Maybe if someone like, say.... Snapp, or CT, or Cat or something, had posted about a bad interaction with a GM, we might lend a more sympathetic ear. Why? Because those people have not shown themselves to be complete morons within the confines of GS and on this board.

But as I previously stated, I don't even care overmuch for the GM you mentioned and even I think you are clearly in the wrong here. Add to that the fact that you keep posting thread after thread about this petty little incident and it becomes downright annoying. Enough already.

-K Agreed. I have to say I don't even like this GM in particular due to my own experience with her but it takes alot of humility to apologize to a player who was formally accused of being disruptive and who was already on the watch list. She blew her top, apologized for it, explained herself in the apology which is human nature and of course you weren't satisfied with it. That's life, seriously. There comes a time to move on and present yourself in a way in which people will be more willing to listen to what you have to say and respect your point of view.

CrystalTears
01-13-2005, 08:04 PM
Heh, I would have probably said, "I'm sorry for stating the words "shut up" even though I felt you deserved it." :D

Brattt8525
01-13-2005, 08:05 PM
Consider yourself blessed you even GOT an email and apology from her. You clearly deserved more then a simple shut up.

SpunGirl
01-13-2005, 08:09 PM
Dear Spir,

I'm sorry for telling you to shut up. I could have said, "stop polluting the environment with your moronic drivel at once," but I felt you might not understand that level of communication. Sometimes I try to communicate with someone on their level, and sometimes that fails. I should have realized that being told to "shut up" would hurt your feelings, the same way it does when one eight year old says it to another over the monkeybars during recess.

I am also deeply sorry that you, clearly posessing the mental abilities of someone who is almost ten, did not understand that further stirring the pot in that situation was unecessary and did, in fact, make things worse. Next time I will be sure to point that out to you so you do not make the same mistake. However, if you continue to babble, I remove myself from responsiblity when I bolt you into oblivion.

(Kyalia's Ghostwriter)

-K

CrystalTears
01-13-2005, 08:13 PM
:rofl:

I :heart: Spungirl.

So does that mean that if we tell Spir to shut up that he'll report us to Kranar? <insert fake tremble here>

Fengus
01-13-2005, 08:19 PM
I guess what I wanted was a true honest apology. Not an apology that was riddled with comments that made the apology nothing at all.

I don't think you are getting it, her apology is an apology for treating you in a way she treats no one. She is also saying you are so annoying that you make people that never say shut up, say shut up. I bet yer momma's proud.

Mini-Spir
01-13-2005, 10:46 PM
Well, there was another email. I'm not going to post it because for those that do care, they're not posting, and the only posts that have come about are to insult me, so I feel even if I do post it, it will just cause me to be bashed even further. This will be my last post about this chain of events.

I will end it by saying Kyalia is a liar, the things she chooses to lie about are able to be verified, and the correct people have been notified. At first I did not want anything more than an apology, but at this point, I really hope she is fired. Someone who chooses to flat out lie when what they're lying about can be verified is just plain stupid. And someone so stupid can do nothing but bad things for this game.

Let the bashing begin.

Spir

01-13-2005, 10:52 PM
When Dely' told me to shuddup in his God-form, I did just that.

IMHO, whether this was Spir, or anyone else, for the behaviour, the simple repercussion of being told to shut up was suitable.

Galleazzo
01-13-2005, 11:27 PM
I don't want to think of the PC as a place to slam GMs just because they're GMs. It's not a "hate-Simu" site, as far as I know - it's just a little more liberal in what you can and can't say.

Yeah. Some GMs are dipshits but lots of players are dipshits too. Kyalia nutted up big time, but what Spir wants is for her to kiss his ass and everyone here to kiss his ass too. He can rant all he wants but we don't got to buy into it. So ...

:stfu:

TheRoseLady
01-14-2005, 12:19 AM
Spir just can't let go. Shit, I had no idea why he was driveling off on OOC until I just read this thread.

You really need some help dude.

This is a long capture of OOC from earlier tonight. It's long, so be warned. Looks like Spir is making fans all over the place. :lol:

[OOC]-Spir echo in your mind: "So someone tell me, why are most people who post on the players corner douche bags?"
[OOC]-Spir echo in your mind: "Ie, Keller, Makkah"
[OOC]-Jenovadeath echo in your mind: "Haha."
[OOC]-Chica echo in your mind: "<3 Makkah"
[OOC]-Spir echo in your mind: "Snapp"
[OOC]-Spir echo in your mind: "Mostly Keller is the biggest douche"
[OOC]-Spir echo in your mind:"I know people don't like me, but I can't make an honest post with people just being stupid, douche bags"
[OOC]-Spir echo in your mind:"without people rather"
[OOC]-Jenovadeath echo in your mind: "Kick start my rock'n'rollen heart."
[OOC]-Senja echo in your mind:"then quit being such a whiney ass"
[OOC]-Spir echo in your mind: "I wasn't whining, thankks"
[OOC]-Spir echo in your mind: "I was posting information that some people find useful"
[OOC]-Senja echo in your mind:"really? I didnt give a shit that a GM told you to shut up"
[OOC]-Bisco echo in your mind: "ho hum"
[OOC]-Senja echo in your mind: "and from the posts responding I dont think many other poeple did either"
[OOC]-Spir echo in your mind: "Its not about the fact she told me to shut up anymore"
[OOC]-Spir echo in your mind:"The new post reflects how she goes out of her way to embellish the story"
[OOC]-Chica echo in your mind: "you could always try getting over it?"
[OOC]-Chica echo in your mind: "just a thought.."
[OOC]-Bisco echo in your mind: "lol, you still makin a big deal about being told to shut up?"
[OOC]-Claire-UL echo in your mind:"WATCH THIS"
[OOC]-Claire-UL echo in your mind:"HEY SPIR"
[OOC]-Claire-UL echo in your mind:"SHUT THE FUCK UP"
[OOC]-Claire-UL echo in your mind:"OMG NOW GO POSTZ ON TEH PC!!!!!111"
[OOC]-Spir echo in your mind:"Its stfu, but thanks for trying"
[OOC]-Senja echo in your mind:"hahahaha"
[OOC]-Bisco echo in your mind:"Hell you had to deserve it to get told to shut up by her :P"
[OOC]-Spir echo in your mind:"I was report happy and it pissed her off"
[OOC]-Spir echo in your mind:"Read the post, she even says what I was reporting was ooc"
[OOC]-Bisco echo in your mind:"paste a link"
[OOC]-Spir echo in your mind:"http://forum.gsplayers.com/viewthread.php?tid=12163"
[OOC]-Bisco echo in your mind:"looks like a nice letter to me"
[OOC]-Spir echo in your mind:"Read my second post"
[OOC]-Spir echo in your mind:"And you'll see why it made me want to reply"
[OOC]-Spir echo in your mind:"She goes out of her way to change the truth in multiple places"
[OOC]-Bisco echo in your mind:"OH SHIT! Fire Kyalia!"
[OOC]-Ciel-UL echo in your mind:"Or maybe you're just lying like a bitch"
[OOC]-Spir echo in your mind:"Like I posted further down, you all will believe what you believe"
[OOC]-Ciel-UL echo in your mind:"You're the type of person that annoys the hell out of me while I'm trying to work. You take up time that could be devoted to making the game better or helping people with LEGITIMATE problems."
[OOC]-Bisco echo in your mind:"You did use report apparently for something that report isnt necessarily to be used for"
[OOC]-Ciel-UL echo in your mind:"I don't know why you ever play GS, all you do is bitch about it."
[OOC]-Spir echo in your mind:"Where bisco?"
[OOC]-Rodge echo in your mind:"someone wanna help a youngin get some skins for the COL?"
[OOC]-Bisco echo in your mind:"Well, ok...I guess you could say they violated policy"
[OOC]-Spir echo in your mind: ""I had witnessed you repeatedly report every instance of folks being slightly ooc all through the day in what appeared as a means to harass them further.""
[OOC]-Spir echo in your mind: "Kyalia stating I reported for OOC comments"
[OOC]-Spir echo in your mind:"How is that not valid?"
[OOC]-Ciel-UL echo in your mind:"Its not valid in the fact that I would request the subject be dropped, as its not going anywhere."
[OOC]-Bisco echo in your mind:"REPORT {message} is used to notify game masters of serious bugs or other emergencies, such as witnessing a violation of policy by another player. For any other problem, please use the ASSIST command to receive help of any kind."
[OOC]-Astare echo in your mind:"itt"
[OOC]-Spir echo in your mind:"such as witnessing a violation of policy by another player."
[OOC]-Bisco echo in your mind:"Didnt know it was a huge thing that small ooc chatter"
[OOC]-Fengus echo in your mind:"he was doing it for one reason only, to be a bitch"
[OOC]-Spir echo in your mind:"zyllah told me that her comments were ooc when I used roleplay nominate with her comment"
[OOC]-Bisco echo in your mind:"Two words. Jack and Ass"
[OOC]-Bisco echo in your mind:"If your so pissed off about it...quit"
[OOC]-Spir echo in your mind:"Zyllah told me to report those comments, so I did"
[OOC]-Fengus echo in your mind:"you sound like a HMC Spir"
[OOC]-Senja echo in your mind:"you are walking a fine line between doing what is ok and being annoying on purpose about it"
[OOC]-Bisco echo in your mind:"Seems easy enough to me. Just quit"
[OOC]-Saryann echo in your mind:"Nopus!"
[OOC]-Ciel-UL echo in your mind:"SECOND REQUEST"
[OOC]-Ciel-UL echo in your mind:"Please DROP the subject."
[OOC]-Spir echo in your mind:"Quit over this? No thanks"
[OOC]-Ciel-UL echo in your mind:"Follow the topic on PC if you wish."
[OOC]-Bisco echo in your mind:"Then stfu about it."
OOC]-Senja echo in your mind:"please dont"
[OOC]-Spir echo in your mind:"Nah, its a valid complaint"
[OOC]-Jamus-UL echo in your mind:"Listen to Ciel."
[OOC]-Spir echo in your mind:"If it was anyone else people would have many different opinions"
[OOC]-Saryann echo in your mind:"Nopus where are you hun?"
[OOC]-Bisco echo in your mind:"You think it's going to do any good?"
[OOC]-Jenovadeath echo in your mind:"Brian, how far did you get in Disgaea?"
[OOC]-Bisco echo in your mind:"You think Kyalia's gunna loose her job over this trivial ass shit"
[OOC]-Bisco echo in your mind:"Doubtful"
[OOC]-Spir echo in your mind:"I'm not trying to make her lose her job"
[OOC]-Bisco echo in your mind:"Then drop it"
[OOC]-Indica echo in your mind:"Choose your battles, man"
[OOC]-Bisco echo in your mind:"Damn fucktard"
[OOC]-Fengus echo in your mind:"specially since they have logs of your reports and behavior"
[OOC]-Spir echo in your mind:"Like I said, if it was anyone else, you all would be saying completely different things"
[OOC]-Bisco echo in your mind:"Im not siding with you or against you. But it's just retarded to keep it up"
[OOC]-Bisco echo in your mind:"Anyone else?"
[OOC]-Bisco echo in your mind:"I have no clue who the fuck you are"
[OOC]-Bisco echo in your mind:"Truthfully, I dont care either. But Im beggining to form my opinions"
[OOC]-Bisco echo in your mind:"Just let it go. It's pointless to keep it up"
[OOC]-Senja echo in your mind:"truthfully the subject should be closed.. I, for one, am tired of seeing him post about it"
[OOC]-Spir echo in your mind:"I have nothing left to post about the subject, so it will pass"
[OOC]-Bisco echo in your mind:"On to more important shit then"

Tsa`ah
01-14-2005, 01:36 AM
Can we start a "lock out Spir" petition already?

Look, she told you to shut your pie hole. Whoopity fucking doo. She should have parked your ass in consultation and then moved you to lock out.

Now you want to throw a fit and cry like a skinned knee little bitch. Grow up and nut up.

Let's look at the facts here.

1. You act like a douche in game.
2. You act like a douche out of game.
3. You're an attention whore.
4. Your parents probably hate you.
5. Your little sister still makes fun of you.
6. You lack the basic intelligence to keep this type of shit in one thread, or your need for attention makes you split the same topic into several threads .... Look at me .... Look at me, I'm a little bitch douche.
7. No one believes you.

Here's what it will take to address one of facts. Kyalia coming to the PC with an E-mail to Kranar and saying ... Yep, I sent that e-mail to that little douche.

That is all.

Caramia
01-14-2005, 02:51 AM
You whine about stuff being OOC in the game, then stir stuff up bigtimne outside of the game, and you expect that both won't meet somewhere back in the game? You're very naiive.

Caramia
01-14-2005, 02:52 AM
I'm still wondering why we need three threads about one incident.

Galleazzo
01-14-2005, 04:15 AM
[OOC]-Claire-UL echo in your mind:"WATCH THIS"
[OOC]-Claire-UL echo in your mind:"HEY SPIR"
[OOC]-Claire-UL echo in your mind:"SHUT THE FUCK UP"
[OOC]-Claire-UL echo in your mind:"OMG NOW GO POSTZ ON TEH PC!!!!!111"

That is fuckin' funny. :lol:

Galleazzo
01-14-2005, 04:17 AM
I only have one problem with this. I wasn't the person interrupting except once, I stared and asked if that should be in private.

For something that should be in private you talk a lot about it in public, guy, everywhere you go.

SO SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY

Fuckin' A, guy, whyja keep posting here if you think we're fucktards? JUST GO AWAY

[Edited on 1/14/2005 by Galleazzo]

Tsa`ah
01-14-2005, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by Caramia
I'm still wondering why we need three threads about one incident.

Good question .... merging threads.

Tsa`ah
01-14-2005, 04:29 AM
Now if I could only merge more than two threads.

Parkbandit
01-14-2005, 08:52 AM
Kyalia is one of my most favorite GMs in the game. She has exemplified great customer service from day one and is certainly an asset to Simutronics CS department. Her apology letter to Spir only solidifies her place.

Spir, I can only hope that you are locked out and banned from Gemstone IV. It is players like you that ruin the experience for others and make the game a chore at times. Too often Simutronics has sided with their business needs and allowed individuals like you to continue to play. They should simply inform you that your money is not wanted or required and that you should go elsewhere for your entertainment.

Back
01-14-2005, 09:02 AM
I love how the PC has this crazy badass rep. Not that I ever give anyone any grief... :saint:

[Edited on 1-14-2005 by Backlash]

Suppa Hobbit Mage
01-14-2005, 09:33 AM
The defense of "if it was anybody else" is commonly used by people who are so abrasive that nothing they say is taken with any merit. There is a reason for this Spir, it's because they are habitual bitchers.

Does it make their complaint/comment incorrect? No. Does it make their complaint/comment ignored and infectual? Yes. That alone should tell you the problem is you, not EVERYONE else.

Askip
01-14-2005, 10:57 AM
<< Well, there was another email. I'm not going to post it because for those that do care, they're not posting >>

I am not sure what is meant by that statement - who is/are "they're"?

I believe that many/most of the folks who post here do care a great deal - sometimes to the point of over-zealousness but they do care, and care deeply enough to occasionally let their emotions get involved.

:D

Nieninque
01-14-2005, 10:59 AM
He is trying to say that there is a huge army of people who care very much about him and his petty whinges, but they are not posting. Only the h8rZ are...so he is taking his football and he is going home to play.

Galleazzo
01-15-2005, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by Nieninque
He is trying to say that there is a huge army of people who care very much about him and his petty whinges, but they are not posting. Only the h8rZ are...so he is taking his football and he is going home to play.

Mm'kay. Mebbe he can split and spend time wacking off to Vanilla Ice CDs and not bother us.

Caramia
01-15-2005, 10:24 PM
I love Dr. Phil when someone sits there and whines about everyone picking on them, and then he turns to them and say, A picked on you and left, B ended things and left, C said you suck and left... do you see the common denominator here? When someone complains about always being picked on or always getting in trouble with GMs, I just gotta ask... do you see what might be the common denominator?