PDA

View Full Version : Calling It - Smithy Won't Open

Methias
08-26-2017, 08:18 AM
Heh, strange times we live in indeed.

So, this thing (the Smithy, aka the entire reason we're even grinding for BS <- apt abbreviation) was supposed to open last Sunday. And apparently it was supposedly in the final stages of "QC" (aka the dude handling the coding is at work over the week hang on while the volunteer finds some time) last Thursday and finally today - nothing.

DR ends just over 3 days from now. I'm calling it right now and say it's not going to open this DR. Not only that, but I'm going to take it a step forward and say that they knew DR wouldn't open by last Monday-ish and they were milking us on all this time with the promise the smithy will open.

Well played Simu, well played.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/872463a77f43d9707677d3b5be1d5d0b/tumblr_inline_oe71swGBSR1swwv1k_500.gif

Gelston
08-26-2017, 08:20 AM
Go away macgyver

Kobold
08-26-2017, 08:33 AM
Go away macgyver

Strike 2 dumbfuck.

Gelston
08-26-2017, 08:43 AM
Strike 2 dumbfuck.

Logging on your other account to support your first one huh?

Neveragain
08-26-2017, 11:03 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/xT1XGLSb5E1VjIUw4E/giphy.gif

Parkbandit
08-26-2017, 11:05 AM
Go away macgyver

^^

Methais
08-26-2017, 02:45 PM
@Whirlin pls halp

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/87/95/92/87959266c1106f63c6eb21a806cb2333.jpg
https://m.popkey.co/71acee/l3ol6.gif

Fortybox
08-26-2017, 03:08 PM
@Whirlin pls halp

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/87/95/92/87959266c1106f63c6eb21a806cb2333.jpg
https://m.popkey.co/71acee/l3ol6.gif

Worst mod ever.

Methais
08-26-2017, 06:44 PM
Worst mod ever.

It's time for a recall vote!

Tgo01 for PC Moderator!

Tgo! Tgo! TGo! T01! T10! T-1000!

http://www.change.org/petition/pls_make_whirlin_be_moderates_or_leave_4_tgo_halps

Tgo01
08-26-2017, 08:03 PM
It's time for a recall vote!

Tgo01 for PC Moderator!

Tgo! Tgo! TGo! T01! T10! T-1000!

http://www.change.org/petition/pls_make_whirlin_be_moderates_or_leave_4_tgo_halps

Agree or be terminated.

Methais
08-26-2017, 08:46 PM
Agree or be terminated.

Will Tgo02 be your running mate in the event that we need a Vice Moderator?

https://previews.123rf.com/images/flynt/flynt0807/flynt080700032/3326693-Woman-presenter-holding-a-microphone-in-hand-Stock-Photo.jpg

Tgo01
08-26-2017, 09:16 PM
Will Tgo02 be your running mate in the event that we need a Vice Moderator?

https://previews.123rf.com/images/flynt/flynt0807/flynt080700032/3326693-Woman-presenter-holding-a-microphone-in-hand-Stock-Photo.jpg

Damn right!

Jhynnifer
08-28-2017, 10:43 AM
Oh my, macyver is now trying to impersonate other people on the PC. Sounds like grounds for an IP ban! Where's Whirlin!? Where's Kranar!?

Methais
08-28-2017, 11:46 AM
Oh my, macyver is now trying to impersonate other people on the PC. Sounds like grounds for an IP ban! Where's Whirlin!? Where's Kranar!?

@Whirlin why have you forsaken us

Androidpk
08-28-2017, 06:52 PM
If Whirlin isn't going to do his job here now that he has another forum then we should have a new one that will.

Kobold
08-28-2017, 07:04 PM
If Whirlin isn't going to do his job here now that he has another forum then we should have a new one that will.

Agreed, he can't and should not be a mod for TWO forums.

Ososis
08-28-2017, 07:20 PM
You guys are a laugh riot.

@Whirlin How dare you do anything!
@Whirlin How dare you not do anything!
@Whirling Stop do not doing nothing else resign so we can get someone to do the do not doing nothing.

Androidpk
08-28-2017, 07:21 PM
You guys are a laugh riot. @Whirlin How dare you do anything!@Whirlin How dare you not do anything!@Whirling Stop do not doing nothing else resign so we can get someone to do the do not doing nothing.Multiple people having multiple opinions, who would have guessed?

Ososis
08-28-2017, 07:26 PM
Multiple people having multiple opinions, who would have guessed?

Sure, because none of these opinions are expressed by the same people simultaneously.

Tenlaar
08-28-2017, 07:28 PM

@Whirling Stop do not doing nothing else resign so we can get someone to do the do not doing nothing.

Banning a spammer/troll who frequently makes new accounts to get around his initial ban and makes new accounts impersonating others is pretty much the only thing that most people wanted Whirlin's mod duty to be.

I also think that Whirlin should be banning the new accounts morning, noon, and night rather than just not bothering.

Tgo01
08-28-2017, 07:28 PM

Impersonating people has always been a pretty big no no on this forum. But of course when multiple accounts were created pretending to be me Whirlin did absolutely jack shit about it. I had to ask Kranar to intervene because Whirlin couldn't be bothered. But keep on pretending like you know what the fuck is going on.

Whirlin
08-28-2017, 07:38 PM
Ohh, Methais had sent reports on 5 things in the last 3 hours. This one is a real?

Androidpk
08-28-2017, 08:04 PM
Ohh, Methais had sent reports on 5 things in the last 3 hours. This one is a real?....... Don't be a twat.

Fallen
08-28-2017, 09:10 PM
Wyrom mentioned in the discord they still mean to push the Smithy opening out tonight.

Ososis
08-28-2017, 09:16 PM
Impersonating people has always been a pretty big no no on this forum. But of course when multiple accounts were created pretending to be me Whirlin did absolutely jack shit about it. I had to ask Kranar to intervene because Whirlin couldn't be bothered. But keep on pretending like you know what the fuck is going on.

Fair point on impersonating being a big deal, it is. That being said, I think Gelston is impersonating Tisket harder than any of the Tgo's impersonated you.

EDIT
Probably more clear to say I think people confuse Gelston with Tisket 100x more often than anyone thought you were Tgo02+

Tgo01
08-28-2017, 09:20 PM
Fair point on impersonating being a big deal, it is. That being said, I think Gelston is impersonating Tisket harder than any of the Tgo's impersonated you.

EDIT
Probably more clear to say I think people confuse Gelston with Tisket 100x more often than anyone thought you were Tgo02+

Someone created a Dreaven account and was making racist threads.

Tisket
08-28-2017, 09:21 PM

EDIT

If it doesn't bother me why should it bother you?

Now that I know it does bother you though, I hope he keeps my avatar.

Maybe you should, oh I don't know, read the handle?

Gelston
08-28-2017, 09:38 PM

I have decided to file an avatar extension.

Ososis
08-29-2017, 01:33 AM

Never said it bothered me. jesus what is with all the claiming to bother people? that shit bothers me. I was saying that what the Tgo#s did was less "impersonating" than gelston "impersonating" you, which isn't even impersonation. I wasn't talking shit about anybody, calm it down.

Tgo01- Oh shit, I (obviously) thought you were referencing the Tgo#s and was like "Come on man, that was clearly good fun". I forgot the Dreaven thing, that is fucked up, sorry for my mix up there.

Trisket
08-29-2017, 01:36 AM
Never said it bothered me. jesus what is with all the claiming to bother people? that shit bothers me. I was saying that what the Tgo#s did was less "impersonating" than gelston "impersonating" you, which isn't even impersonation. I wasn't talking shit about anybody, calm it down.

Tgo01- Oh shit, I (obviously) thought you were referencing the Tgo#s and was like "Come on man, that was clearly good fun". I forgot the Dreaven thing, that is fucked up, sorry for my mix up there.

It bothers me that it bothers you that it doesn't bother me.

Ltlprprincess
08-29-2017, 01:55 AM
Quoting is open.

Mogonis
08-29-2017, 01:56 AM
Not exactly. You can't get stuff added, but you can get price quotes. Wyrom said it will open tomorrow afternoon.

I mean today afternoon, since today is now tomorrow.

Ltlprprincess
08-29-2017, 01:58 AM
Not exactly. You can't get stuff added, but you can get price quotes. Wyrom said it will open tomorrow afternoon.

I edited it before you posted, haha!

dmac188
08-29-2017, 08:46 AM
Where is the smithy located?

Ososis
08-29-2017, 08:53 AM
Where is the smithy located?

From the sands arena entrance its

South
Go pass
South
Southwest
Southeast
South
Go stair

The smithy is then through the arch (currently blocked) but the assistant can give you a price quote on items

Methais
08-29-2017, 11:28 AM
Banning a spammer/troll who frequently makes new accounts to get around his initial ban and makes new accounts impersonating others is pretty much the only thing that most people wanted Whirlin's mod duty to be.

I also think that Whirlin should be banning the new accounts morning, noon, and night rather than just not bothering.

Whirlin's response when I first asked was some shit like "He'll just keep creating accounts and VPN his way around it so it's easier to just let it go"

Or something along those lines. Basically what I got out of it was he doesn't feel like dealing with it.

Best mod ever! 4 more years! 4 more years!

Methais
08-29-2017, 11:31 AM
Ohh, Methais had sent reports on 5 things in the last 3 hours. This one is a real?

I tagged you in several posts @Whirlin!

Whirlin also thinks reports about hello spamming "nigger" in his racists posts isn't real! Just wait until Jesse Jackson finds out!

You really should step down though. I like you for the most part and have no beef with you but you're a pretty lazy mod at least on these forums, which is pretty lame because this should be the easiest forum in the world to moderate since there are only like 2 things to actually moderate. The safe space forum is clearly your first priority anyway when you won't even IP ban the one problem this forum does have because youiterally can't be bothered to deal with it.

UNLESS HELLO IS WHIRLIN IN AN ATTEMPT TO DRIVE PEOPLE TO THE SAFE SPACE FORUMS!!!!!!111

https://68.media.tumblr.com/239e68946a2665f57b2c0ea229855d98/tumblr_n4x0z2j22l1soalt8o1_250.gif

Whirlin
08-29-2017, 11:53 AM
I tagged you in several posts @Whirlin!

Whirlin also thinks reports about hello spamming "nigger" in his racists posts isn't real! Just wait until Jesse Jackson finds out!

You really should step down though. I like you for the most part and have no beef with you but you're a pretty lazy mod at least on these forums, which is pretty lame because this should be the easiest forum in the world to moderate since there are only like 2 things to actually moderate. The safe space forum is clearly your first priority anyway when you won't even IP ban the one problem this forum does have because youiterally can't be bothered to deal with it.

UNLESS HELLO IS WHIRLIN IN AN ATTEMPT TO DRIVE PEOPLE TO THE SAFE SPACE FORUMS!!!!!!111

I'm not responsible to moderate the political folder. I receive no notifications and have no jurisdiction there. If someone is trolling there, that's on you.
I cannot IP ban, only account ban, IP banning is an administrative only function that I do not have access to. Yes, I get full access to his IP logs, but they only show linkages based on posting on these forums. If he logs into the account and never posts, nothing happens, session IPs never gets logged.
The Methias account has been banned... but you're too busy raging to notice it. Kranar and I were both simultaneously banning the TG02-whatever accounts last time he was around.
I asked Dreaven to also be made a moderator last time Kranar was around, he said it wasn't necessary.

Kobold
08-29-2017, 12:04 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/Ic97mPViHEG5O/giphy-downsized-large.gif

Methais
08-29-2017, 12:07 PM
I'm not responsible to moderate the political folder. I receive no notifications and have no jurisdiction there. If someone is trolling there, that's on you.
I cannot IP ban, only account ban, IP banning is an administrative only function that I do not have access to. Yes, I get full access to his IP logs, but they only show linkages based on posting on these forums. If he logs into the account and never posts, nothing happens, session IPs never gets logged.
The Methias account has been banned... but you're too busy raging to notice it. Kranar and I were both simultaneously banning the TG02-whatever accounts last time he was around.
I asked Dreaven to also be made a moderator last time Kranar was around, he said it wasn't necessary.

I was talking about hello/kobold's 93487347283 endless accounts in general. I already knew fake me was banned. It doesn't change the fact that your original response was basically that you don't feel like having to keep up with him and his 48582727 accounts.

Whirlin
08-29-2017, 12:13 PM
I was talking about hello/kobold's 93487347283 endless accounts in general. I already knew fake me was banned. It doesn't change the fact that your original response was basically that you don't feel like having to keep up with him and his 48582727 accounts.
Yep, and without Admin access, I'm not going to play whack a mole, and I've sent his most active IP address range over to Kranar. So, it's outside of my hands.

Viekn
08-29-2017, 12:22 PM

Other than an IP ban, which Whirlin can't do, he can only ban accounts. We all know Macgyver just creates new ones. I'm sure given Macgyver's ability to create endless accounts, it's not feasible time wise to ban every new account he opens. Whirlin has already stated that it's not that he doesn't want to, but the goal is to allow Macgyver a single account. I don't know about anything that goes on in politics, but when he's kept to a single account, it seems like his worst posts are limited to about 25% of his overall posts, vs. 100% of his posts being the absolute worst when he makes brand new accounts. With that one account active, Whirlin can lock threads or delete posts and it's easier to manage than constantly monitoring and deleting his new accounts. Instead of just assuming Whirlin's intent is "oh, he just doesn't feel like doing it", keep up with what he's already explained to you and others previously.

Methais
08-29-2017, 12:28 PM
Yep, and without Admin access, I'm not going to play whack a mole, and I've sent his most active IP address range over to Kranar. So, it's outside of my hands.

Kranar is racist. The racistest.

But isn't this still part of your job as a mod? Or only when you feel like dealing with it a couple times a week?

Tgo01
08-29-2017, 12:28 PM
keep up with what he's already explained to you and others previously.

I have been. Whirlin was adamant he could manage to do his mod job here while also being a "figure head" at the new forums and yet when blatant rule breaking happens on this forum (rules that have been enforced ever since I've been a member here while we've had a mod) he has been less than willing to enforce the rules, always falling back on this lame excuse of his job being ONLY to moderate the merchant folder.

Tgo01
08-29-2017, 12:32 PM
I have been. Whirlin was adamant he could manage to do his mod job here while also being a "figure head" at the new forums and yet when blatant rule breaking happens on this forum (rules that have been enforced ever since I've been a member here while we've had a mod) he has been less than willing to enforce the rules, always falling back on this lame excuse of his job being ONLY to moderate the merchant folder.

What's really funny is everything was running pretty well here for the most part without a mod until SashaFierce came along and weaseled his way into being a mod, then suddenly we needed a mod because reasons. Then again everything was fine for the most part until this new forum came along, now suddenly rule breaking on this forum is happening all the time and shit is being done about it except for the trolls who hang out more at the new forum coming over here to tell us we deserve this shit.

Kobold
08-29-2017, 12:49 PM
15 minutes till 1 PM. Smithy still isn't open... my original call stands.

Oh btw...

https://68.media.tumblr.com/206026d94696e0d022b1fc9797496f6d/tumblr_mzf924haIJ1so9wqko1_500.gif

Gelston
08-29-2017, 01:09 PM
15 minutes till 1 PM. Smithy still isn't open... my original call stands.

Oh btw...

https://68.media.tumblr.com/206026d94696e0d022b1fc9797496f6d/tumblr_mzf924haIJ1so9wqko1_500.gif

So now yuou straight up admit to having been the fake account, even though you denied it at the very start. Oh okay.

Kobold
08-29-2017, 04:02 PM
Approaching 5 PM, not a peep. Have all the Dwarven forgers gone on strike?

Remember kids, even if they do get it open tonight I feel there's such an enormous possibility for BUGage, some lucky guy might just walk out of there with a claid crit weighted, black ash damage weighted perfect greatsword!

Tenlaar
08-29-2017, 04:38 PM
Yep, and without Admin access, I'm not going to play whack a mole

Then step down so that a mod who will IS necessary. Your response is nothing more than "I don't want to bother with that so I'm not going to." If you didn't want to bother doing the one part of being a mod that most people care about then you shouldn't have agreed to be a mod to begin with.

Gizmo
08-29-2017, 04:41 PM
Smithy is now open btw

Androidpk
08-31-2017, 06:47 PM
Then step down so that a mod who will IS necessary. Your response is nothing more than "I don't want to bother with that so I'm not going to." If you didn't want to bother doing the one part of being a mod that most people care about then you shouldn't have agreed to be a mod to begin with.This. Whirlin was always my 1st choice to be mod but this has just shown that was a bad idea since he can't be bothered to do the one thing people wanted him to do. Do what is right and step down so someone who actually wants to do the job can.

Wrathbringer
08-31-2017, 06:50 PM
This. Whirlin was always my 1st choice to be mod but this has just shown that was a bad idea since he can't be bothered to do the one thing people wanted him to do. Do what is right and step down so someone who actually wants to do the job can.

Yeah, Whirlin. Do your job or gtfo so someone can.

Kobold
08-31-2017, 07:07 PM
Yeah, Whirlin. Do your job or gtfo so someone can.

Yeah, Whirlin. Geeze... come on man.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11127/111275532/5219966-1392395385-200

Ososis
08-31-2017, 07:16 PM
McGyver is an imminent rapist and a pedophile, I think we all agree on that, but there are only 2 options, let him have an account that people can ignore, or keep banning a dozen accounts a day, while IP verifying ever new account that comes in and making it impossible for anyone to actual block him from their feeds.

Crying about Whirlin "Not doing his job" is a grandiose way of saying "not doing what I think he should about McRapey".
Crying that people should ignore McMolester and simultaneously demanding the mod make him impossible to ignore is just nonsense.

Tenlaar
08-31-2017, 07:22 PM
Except he's still making new accounts too.

Ososis
08-31-2017, 07:47 PM
Except he's still making new accounts too.

Fair point, he is and always will under the current abilities afforded to the moderator. But whatever his post %s are, he has always had a "main" that does the majority of his posting, being able to block that main and reduce your exposure is the ONLY thing a person could do to turn down McGyver's spam. my contention is that by not banning him he is easier to tune out if someone chose to do that. Banning everyone means you can't block anyone.

Kobold
08-31-2017, 07:52 PM
Fair point, he is and always will under the current abilities afforded to the moderator. But whatever his post %s are, he has always had a "main" that does the majority of his posting, being able to block that main and reduce your exposure is the ONLY thing a person could do to turn down McGyver's spam. my contention is that by not banning him he is easier to tune out if someone chose to do that. Banning everyone means you can't block anyone.

I'll tell you what Ososis. I'll quit posting for good in exchange for 5 million silvers, a measly 5 million coins. I know what you're thinking, he won't actually leave. Well, I'm thinking about migrating to the new boards anyway and I'm thinking about actually playing the game so I need a little outfitting money.

5 mil take it or leave it, up to you all here.

Ososis
08-31-2017, 07:53 PM
I'll tell you what Ososis. I'll quit posting for good in exchange for 5 million silvers, a measly 5 million coins. I know what you're thinking, he won't actually leave. Well, I'm thinking about migrating to the new boards anyway and I'm thinking about actually playing the game so I need a little outfitting money.

Everything you have ever posted has been a lie. Go fuck yourself.

Kobold
08-31-2017, 07:56 PM
Everything you have ever posted has been a lie. Go fuck yourself.

Well I was being very serious, thought about rolling up a half-krolvin monk and stick around Icemule, at the very least if I'm playing the game my attention would not be here.

Ososis
08-31-2017, 08:01 PM
Well I was being very serious, thought about rolling up a half-krolvin monk and stick around Icemule, at the very least if I'm playing the game my attention would not be here.

No you aren't, no you weren't, no it wouldn't. You are fucking garbage and I hope you rot in hell.

That being said, Ososis gives folks the benefit of the doubt, if you need help in mule with information or getting geared up he lurks arounf TC most of the time. He's not a mentor though, and will gut you for being an asshole if you choose to RP it that way.

Tgo01
08-31-2017, 08:09 PM
McGyver is an imminent rapist and a pedophile, I think we all agree on that, but there are only 2 options, let him have an account that people can ignore, or keep banning a dozen accounts a day, while IP verifying ever new account that comes in and making it impossible for anyone to actual block him from their feeds.

This seems like such a cop out. Something tells me Whirlin would be singing a different tune on the safe space forums if someone were making dozens of trolling accounts. "Oh but he can IP ban people over there!"

Who gives a shit? Like spoofing your IP address is oh so hard. So if McGyver figured out how to spoof his IP address and was trolling the new forums would Whirlin then say "Well, what ya gonna do?" Or would he be busy banning these accounts as soon as he can? Something tells me it's the latter.

So it's not a matter of not having the time or just not wanting to, it's a matter of not giving a shit on these forums.

Ososis
08-31-2017, 08:19 PM
This seems like such a cop out. Something tells me Whirlin would be singing a different tune on the safe space forums if someone were making dozens of trolling accounts. "Oh but he can IP ban people over there!"

Who gives a shit? Like spoofing your IP address is oh so hard. So if McGyver figured out how to spoof his IP address and was trolling the new forums would Whirlin then say "Well, what ya gonna do?" Or would he be busy banning these accounts as soon as he can? Something tells me it's the latter.

So it's not a matter of not having the time or just not wanting to, it's a matter of not giving a shit on these forums.

Lets take the Elanthia forums out of it for a minute. It's really nobodies concern what he does or doesn't do over there compared to here. What is of concern are the problems here and if Whirlin is handling them correctly. Aside from how to deal with McGyver, what are your major complaints with his current moderation practices? If its just McGyver that's fine, I just don't want to pigeon hole your argument if its broader than that.

Tgo01
08-31-2017, 08:36 PM
It's really nobodies concern what he does or doesn't do over there compared to here.

Yes it is, he refused to step down because he said he can mod both forums. Clearly he doesn't have the desire to mod both forums. At this point from his responses it seems the only reason he wanted to remain a mod here was so he could purposefully do jack shit about enforcing the rules to sort of prove his point for the "need" of a new forum. It really speaks volumes that other than McGuyver we've had a pretty good track record here of people following the rules, then we get a new safe space forums and the loudest whiners flock there as fast as they can and continue to come back here to harass the people who haven't made the move, up to and including flat out breaking the rules of THIS forum. Whirlin has already said he would like it if everyone moved to the new forums to discuss everything not off topic there, and came to these forums to discuss off topic shit here. Clearly he has a motive and a conflict of interest being a "figure head" at the new forums, made all the more apparent by the mere mention of Player's Corner apparently being taboo over there.

He flat out told someone the other day that he won't do shit about McGuyver because his job is only to deal with the merchant folder. Like, no? He's a mod everywhere, he's just repeating that cop out over and over again because someone sarcastically told him one time to just stick to moderating the merchant folder.

He also told someone if they are being trolled by someone outside of the merchant folder then that is their problem because again his job is to only moderate the merchant folder.

When Kranar was asking for volunteers for the mod position I don't recall him saying "This person will only be a moderator for the merchant folder."

Tenlaar
08-31-2017, 08:40 PM
my contention is that by not banning him he is easier to tune out if someone chose to do that.

I care less about what is easier than what is the right thing to do. He's purposefully harmful to the community in a way that goes beyond just being an asshole poster.

Kobold
08-31-2017, 08:56 PM
I care less about what is easier than what is the right thing to do. He's purposefully harmful to the community in a way that goes beyond just being an asshole poster.

Please elaborate. Because I do post on the other forums and I am so fucking prim and proper there people have no clue. You see all I'm doing is puting like kind with like kind, if the forums and people around you are all a bunch of cesspool trolls then I reciprocate in kind and become a cesspool troll. However, if everyone is behaving themselves, then I behave myself.

One thing to note, trolls. The active petitioning for my ban hasn't come until I creeped into your precious silver sales. You degenerate pieces of shit as soon as money was involved it's "macgyver needs to go!"

Kobold
08-31-2017, 08:59 PM
My original offer remains 5 million for my new half krovlin monk, if 10 of you can scrounge up 500k that will do. I will never post in this piece of shit troll forums ever again.

Fortybox
08-31-2017, 09:02 PM
Lets take the Elanthia forums out of it for a minute. It's really nobodies concern what he does or doesn't do over there compared to here. What is of concern are the problems here and if Whirlin is handling them correctly. Aside from how to deal with McGyver, what are your major complaints with his current moderation practices? If its just McGyver that's fine, I just don't want to pigeon hole your argument if its broader than that.

It has everything to do with what he is doing over there. It's a conflict of interest. He has access to IP information that he could be given to people like Wyrom.

The PC was supposed to be a place to get away from the control of Simu. Whirlin needs to go.

Tgo01
08-31-2017, 09:03 PM
Please elaborate. Because I do post on the other forums and I am so fucking prim and proper there people have no clue. You see all I'm doing is puting like kind with like kind, if the forums and people around you are all a bunch of cesspool trolls then I reciprocate in kind and become a cesspool troll. However, if everyone is behaving themselves, then I behave myself.

One thing to note, trolls. The active petitioning for my ban hasn't come until I creeped into your precious silver sales. You degenerate pieces of shit as soon as money was involved it's "macgyver needs to go!"

See? Whirlin continues to let this shit happen because he has a clear agenda to "prove" to everyone that a new forum was needed. Even McGuyver sees it. That piece of shit Stumplicker sees it. The person or people who kept making fake accounts impersonating others saw it because Whirlin is content doing nothing outside of the merchant folder, the part of the forums that were the most well behaved until suddenly we needed a moderator there because SashaFierce insisted we had a scammer problem that he could deal with.

Tgo01
08-31-2017, 09:09 PM
See? Whirlin continues to let this shit happen because he has a clear agenda to "prove" to everyone that a new forum was needed. Even McGuyver sees it. That piece of shit Stumplicker sees it. The person or people who kept making fake accounts impersonating others saw it because Whirlin is content doing nothing outside of the merchant folder, the part of the forums that were the most well behaved until suddenly we needed a moderator there because SashaFierce insisted we had a scammer problem that he could deal with.

And I don't say this as someone who has a long time feud with Whirlin or anything. I was in the running to be the new mod but I dropped out and recommended the other three volunteers all be made mods, including Whirlin, because I thought he would do a good job and really wanted to help the PC.

But it's clear now from his threat to ParkBandit, his decided hands off approach to people actually breaking the rules, and the blind eye he takes to his new forum regulars breaking the rules over here that he had no intention of actually enforcing the rules over here. He was probably already in talks with Wyrom about how to make the PC a "better place" by getting rid of the Conservatives from the politics folder and shit like that and when that was met with pushback he suddenly had an idea to approach Wyrom about making a new forum and moving everyone over there so Wyrom could get his official unofficial forum ruled with an iron fist and letting this place languish while his new troll buddies run amok here.

Only 50% of the above paragraph requires wearing a tin foil hat.

Ososis
08-31-2017, 09:15 PM
I care less about what is easier than what is the right thing to do.

And I think the right thing to do is limit McGyvers unwanted exposure. You can reduce it by blocking his account and any new one he makes. Banning his main, known posting account just invalidates everyone who has him blocked since he will just roll up a new one.

Ososis
08-31-2017, 09:19 PM
And I don't say this as someone who has a long time feud with Whirlin or anything. I was in the running to be the new mod but I dropped out and recommended the other three volunteers all be made mods, including Whirlin, because I thought he would do a good job and really wanted to help the PC.

But it's clear now from his threat to ParkBandit, his decided hands off approach to people actually breaking the rules, and the blind eye he takes to his new forum regulars breaking the rules over here that he had no intention of actually enforcing the rules over here. He was probably already in talks with Wyrom about how to make the PC a "better place" by getting rid of the Conservatives from the politics folder and shit like that and when that was met with pushback he suddenly had an idea to approach Wyrom about making a new forum and moving everyone over there so Wyrom could get his official unofficial forum ruled with an iron fist and letting this place languish while his new troll buddies run amok here.

Only 50% of the above paragraph requires wearing a tin foil hat.

You bring up some good points that frankly I am too ignorant of to be beneficial to the discussion at this point. Gonna go look into some of these things.

I still maintain the "iron fist, over moderation" is a gross overstatement though, at least from what I have seen.

subzero
08-31-2017, 11:04 PM
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/z9g-VBNMct2L-ZtBy8Fj6z5B3MY=/0x0:1697x1131/1200x800/filters:focal(0x0:1697x1131)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/47717219/Iron_Fist_Portrait_Art.0.0.png

Methais
09-01-2017, 03:36 PM

I'll give you 10m when you make level 20 if you post only on the safe space forums from now going forward.

Will also need it all streamed to ensure you leveled the character yourself.

Kobold
09-01-2017, 03:45 PM
I'll give you 10m when you make level 20 if you post only on the safe space forums from now going forward.

Will also need it all streamed to ensure you leveled the character yourself.

Hmm.

Doyle Hargraves
09-01-2017, 03:47 PM
Who gives a shit? Like spoofing your IP address is oh so hard.

I hid from HarmNone's wrath for like a year this way and I'm just some construction company owner from rural Arkansas. If I can figure it out, hell even a retard like Karl or that dumb queer he hangs out with can. Even a midget like Kobold can figure it out.

If there's one thing I hate more than retards and antique furniture and midgets and queers, it's people who don't do their stinkin' jobs. Hell I can't so much as drink a glass of water around a midget or someone who won't do their job. I ain't saying it's right, I'm just telling the damn truth.

Parkbandit
09-01-2017, 03:58 PM

You won't do it. There, Whirlin takes his "figure head" job very seriously. You won't last a day there.

Methais
09-01-2017, 04:01 PM
You won't do it. There, Whirlin takes his "figure head" job very seriously. You won't last a day there.

I hope he does it anyway and masks his IP just so we can make bets on how many minutes it will take for Whirlin to play whack-a-mole with all his accounts over there. Because you know he will pretty much immediately.

Hey Kobold go be useful on the safe space forums. We need you to help conduct an experiment.

Parkbandit
09-01-2017, 04:02 PM
Also, I think it's high time people start giving me some fucking credit for saying Whirlin would be an absolute TERRIBLE choice for Mod here.

You can all be thankful I'm not one of those people that say "I told you so".

But I did.

Methais
09-01-2017, 04:11 PM
Also, I think it's high time people start giving me some fucking credit for saying Whirlin would be an absolute TERRIBLE choice for Mod here.

But I did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1h11xZ86MY

Kobold
09-01-2017, 04:24 PM
I hid from HarmNone's wrath for like a year this way and I'm just some construction company owner from rural Arkansas. If I can figure it out, hell even a retard like Karl or that dumb queer he hangs out with can. Even a midget like Kobold can figure it out.

If there's one thing I hate more than retards and antique furniture and midgets and queers, it's people who don't do their stinkin' jobs. Hell I can't so much as drink a glass of water around a midget or someone who won't do their job. I ain't saying it's right, I'm just telling the damn truth.

https://media.giphy.com/media/ZFJYcVE5lYvWE/giphy.gif

Kobold
09-01-2017, 04:26 PM

But I did.

I said the same when I was under MacGyver. He came off as someone who would be bias and hold a grudge, his,or possibly her, fondness for cats gave it away immediately. Cat lovers tend to be bitchy.

Kobold
09-01-2017, 04:33 PM
I hope he does it anyway and masks his IP just so we can make bets on how many minutes it will take for Whirlin to play whack-a-mole with all his accounts over there. Because you know he will pretty much immediately.

Hey Kobold go be useful on the safe space forums. We need you to help conduct an experiment.

I'm currently debating on a method to crack the so-called "safe space" forums. Some stratagem I can use for holding out as long as possible before exposure. The IP mask is a given, but I think I need a different approach because Whirlin and co. knows my posting style/trolling intimately at this point.

Again, I'd rather not meander haphazardly into "the other side" without some proper incentive in pulling up roots and moving there. Most of the entertainment still resides here.

Ososis
09-01-2017, 04:47 PM
I'm currently debating on a method to crack the so-called "safe space" forums. Some stratagem I can use for holding out as long as possible before exposure. The IP mask is a given, but I think I need a different approach because Whirlin and co. knows my posting style/trolling intimately at this point.

Again, I'd rather not meander haphazardly into "the other side" without some proper incentive in pulling up roots and moving there. Most of the entertainment still resides here.

Good luck.

Methais
09-01-2017, 05:04 PM

You should start by making 4382094 accounts from different IP addresses ahead of time and in your first post be like HI GUYS I'M MACGUYVER and wing it from there.

Then we'll see how long it takes whack-a-mole to begin.

Androidpk
09-01-2017, 06:34 PM
Something tells me Whirlin would be singing a different tune on the safe space forums if someone were making dozens of trolling accounts. This would certainly be easy to test out.