PDA

View Full Version : Do you want to see more moderation on PC?

Tsk Tsk
08-09-2017, 04:05 PM
So is this something people seriously feel is lacking here? Or do you like things the way they are?

Mogonis
08-09-2017, 04:07 PM
Ugh, we shouldn't start this again.

Astray
08-09-2017, 04:07 PM
To swat the shit heads, certainly. But other than that, it's fine. Despite the politics folder being a cancerous hole and the occasional pathetic "troll", the PC is fine.

Tsk Tsk
08-09-2017, 04:08 PM
Ugh, we shouldn't start this again.

Well, I say let the people speak. A poll is a lot easier to gauge opinion than 60+ pages of back and fourth. If this is the direction folks want to move in, might as well let Kranar see for himself.

SonoftheNorth
08-09-2017, 04:09 PM
Add tacos to the poll

Tsk Tsk
08-09-2017, 04:09 PM
Add tacos to the poll

THIS IS A SERIOUS POLL. I WILL BAN YOU!

SonoftheNorth
08-09-2017, 04:10 PM
Post nudes?

Tsk Tsk
08-09-2017, 04:11 PM
Post nudes?

omfg

nocturnix
08-09-2017, 04:12 PM
More rules is not the same as more moderation. Poll is misleading. A few core rules that are well enforced would go a long way.

SashaFierce
08-09-2017, 04:13 PM
Holy shit, Tsk Tsk is Hello.

SonoftheNorth
08-09-2017, 04:13 PM
More rules is not the same as more moderation. A few core rules that are well enforced would go a long way.

WHO WILL POLICE THE POLICE?

SashaFierce
08-09-2017, 04:15 PM
It's not about moderation for me. I want features. I want software that actually gets, you know, updated with security patches.

I want to be freaking notified when someone sends me a PM instead of having to refresh the page or check the inbox. I hate it when I check the PC after ignoring it for an hour, only to see that someone sent a PM 50 minutes ago and now they're gone, making me wait hours, or days for them to come back.

nocturnix
08-09-2017, 04:17 PM

sweet baby yeesus!

Androidpk
08-09-2017, 04:20 PM
I would like to see some moderating in regards to the fake users/posts but other than that no.

Tsk Tsk
08-09-2017, 04:20 PM
Holy shit, Tsk Tsk is Hello.

How dare you.

Tgo01
08-09-2017, 04:21 PM
More rules is not the same as more moderation. Poll is misleading. A few core rules that are well enforced would go a long way.

I don't like established rules. Honestly the only rules I would set in place is to leave the merchant folders alone, let people buy and sell in peace. The only exception of course would be an actual warning of a possible scammer and not just someone being a dick.

Other than that I would ban people who are clearly just here to be dicks in every aspect of the forum. I know the usual suspects are PB, Neveragain, Wrathbringer, and myself, but for the most part we stick to the politics/off topic folders with our bullshit. Neveragain and PB are hardly even in the GS related parts of the forum, Wrathbringer is mostly harmless with his shart and rep comments. Shit I wouldn't even ban time4fun because again she mostly just spews her bullshit in the politics folder.

I mean the downright nasty people who are all over the forum, making not a single topic safe. People such as hello, although he hasn't been as bad ever since this new safe space forum opened up.

I would prefer a mod who can be trusted to keep things in order without the need for established rules, to use common sense when someone needs to be banned. You know, someone like me.

Mogonis
08-09-2017, 04:22 PM
Well, I say let the people speak. A poll is a lot easier to gauge opinion than 60+ pages of back and fourth. If this is the direction folks want to move in, might as well let Kranar see for himself.
I meant that this discussion already has a thread that you probably missed (I think I saw you came back after a long time away), and it wasn't exactly constructive. Kranar is about as hands off as he can be, and Whirlin has already said he's had trouble getting Kranar to respond and stuff.

Fallen
08-09-2017, 04:22 PM
The PC doesn't need more moderation. It needs more customization. The ability to hide/squelch threads, folders, posts, reputation etc.

Tsk Tsk
08-09-2017, 04:23 PM
Would upgrading this forum to vBulletin 5 connect mobile give enough new features to make everyone happy? Just curious. I'm just trying to problem solve rather than spread everyone out.

https://www.vbulletin.com/en/features/

Taernath
08-09-2017, 04:24 PM
There are only a couple of people who need to be banned, the rest more or less falls in line.

SashaFierce
08-09-2017, 04:25 PM
Would upgrading this forum to vBulletin 5 connect mobile give enough new features to make everyone happy? Just curious. I'm just trying to problem solve rather than spread everyone out.

https://www.vbulletin.com/en/features/

LOL @ Updates.

What part of Kranar has no interest don't you understand?

SonoftheNorth
08-09-2017, 04:26 PM
LOL @ Updates.

He had an interest in removing you as mod after you bamboozled him.

Tsk Tsk
08-09-2017, 04:27 PM
LOL @ Updates.

You don't have to be here every day to care about this forum. You're a feisty one.

Androidpk
08-09-2017, 04:29 PM
You want Kranar to act on forum updates? Tell him Buckwheat is starting his own GS forum.

Tgo01
08-09-2017, 04:30 PM
You want Kranar to act on forum updates? Tell him Buckwheat is starting his own GS forum.

lol

I was actually thinking that.

SashaFierce
08-09-2017, 04:34 PM
He had an interest in removing you as mod after you bamboozled him.

Yeah, because I was in contact with him at the time and told him I would step down to calm the herd. He changed things and disappeared again.

You don't have to be here every day to care about this forum. You're a feisty one.

You don't have to come here and act like Hello 2.0 either, but here you are creating stupid polls about shit you obviously know nothing about.

I believe he actually offered the PC to Buckwheet and Buckwheet said he wasn't interested.

Androidpk
08-09-2017, 04:36 PM
I believe he actually offered the PC to Buckwheet and Buckwheet said he wasn't interested.

I'm pretty sure that never happened considering the beef they have/had with each other.

SonoftheNorth
08-09-2017, 04:36 PM
You don't have to come here and act like Hello 2.0 either, but here you are creating stupid polls about shit you obviously know nothing about.

Why can you spout bullshit but she can't?

Tgo01
08-09-2017, 04:37 PM

You're getting awfully upset, SashaFierce. If only there were a safe space you could retreat to.

Androidpk
08-09-2017, 04:37 PM
lol

I was actually thinking that.

I've done it before and it worked. This was around 2 years when there was an issue with the forum going down or something.

Tsk Tsk
08-09-2017, 04:38 PM

I've been on PC longer than you. I win!

SashaFierce
08-09-2017, 04:39 PM
Why can you spout bullshit but she can't?

You can call me on bullshit, but I can't call her on bullshit? Stop trying to moderate me.

You're getting awfully upset, SashaFierce. If only there were a safe space you could retreat to.

I know, I'm almost as triggered as you when anyone types the word rapist or new forum.

Mogonis
08-09-2017, 04:39 PM
Well, not really. This isn't his first username here.

SashaFierce
08-09-2017, 04:40 PM

If you've been around for so long you shouldn't be so fucking stupid.

Tgo01
I've done it before and it worked. This was around 2 years when there was an issue with the forum going down or something.

Yeah I remember that. The PC was having problems for a few days or something and it looked like nothing was being done about it, Buckwheat starts his own forum and next thing you know a few hours later or the next day and the PC was back up with a new upgrade and everything.

In fact I think a lot of the features we use now were a result of that particular upgrade.

Tsk Tsk

I'm sorry you don't like my poll.

Tgo01
08-09-2017, 04:41 PM

Oh, man, Whirlin. Is this really the face of your new forum? Is this the person you want advertising your new safe space? Might want to get a new spokesperson.

nocturnix
08-09-2017, 04:41 PM
Sounds like the consensus so far is: yah some people should be banned, but otherwise not too much more. Some features needed. I am in agreement with all this, it is exactly what I've been saying all along. Kranar is not as close minded as you may think. Ultimately his main sticking point is moderation and a free spirit approach to the forums. Wich it seems like even the non-troll types want to keep. But maybe he would compromise on at least establishing some bare bones ground rules. I can reach out to him about it tomorrow.

What I did with my eq forums to strike a balance was having an "inferno" forum where basically anything goes. Here that is the politics forum. But I would change it and restructure slightly, then mod staff has to be consistent in moving flame threads there. This is a start, more needs to be done but typing from my phone. Anybody miss Tapatalk besides me?

Gelston
08-09-2017, 04:42 PM
Goddamn it, Inurtia. Why did you create a goddamn poll?

Wrathbringer
Oh, man, Whirlin. Is this really the face of your new forum? Is this the person you want advertising your new safe space? Might want to get a new spokesperson.

@whirlin

Taernath
I'm pretty sure that never happened considering the beef they have/had with each other.

What's the deal with that? I must have missed it. I know about the 'PC is down' forums.

SonoftheNorth

Its funny how quickly he turns into a rabid spiteful lil cunt. If the new boards follow their terms of service I don't see him lasting long.

SashaFierce
08-09-2017, 04:45 PM

Oh, I'm sorry. Is my toxic attitude and general shitposting bothering you? Do you need a safe space? Would you like some moderation?

Tsk Tsk
08-09-2017, 04:45 PM
Goddamn it, Inurtia. Why did you create a goddamn poll?

I'm rusty here ok? Cut me some slack. Let this thread go quietly into the night if you don't like it!

SashaFierce
08-09-2017, 04:46 PM
It's funny how quickly you guys call for Whirlin when someone besides you, talks the way you talk on a daily basis.

That reflection of you is pretty ugly isn't it.

Mogonis
08-09-2017, 04:48 PM
Banning usernames is different from banning people. It'd be easier to delete posts/threads, but even that could be a part-time job.

subzero
08-09-2017, 04:48 PM

Nobody takes them seriously, though.

Androidpk
08-09-2017, 04:52 PM
Yeah I remember that. The PC was having problems for a few days or something and it looked like nothing was being done about it, Buckwheat starts his own forum and next thing you know a few hours later or the next day and the PC was back up with a new upgrade and everything.

In fact I think a lot of the features we use now were a result of that particular upgrade.

Kranar literally told me in an email that's why he stepped in to fix things, because Buckwheat.

subzero
08-09-2017, 04:54 PM
I hate it when I check the PC after ignoring it for an hour, only to see that someone sent a PM 50 minutes ago and now they're gone, making me wait hours, or days for them to come back.

Damn, needy much?

Whirlin
08-09-2017, 04:54 PM
I don't like established rules. Honestly the only rules I would set in place is to leave the merchant folders alone, let people buy and sell in peace. The only exception of course would be an actual warning of a possible scammer and not just someone being a dick.

Other than that I would ban people who are clearly just here to be dicks in every aspect of the forum. I know the usual suspects are PB, Neveragain, Wrathbringer, and myself, but for the most part we stick to the politics/off topic folders with our bullshit. Neveragain and PB are hardly even in the GS related parts of the forum, Wrathbringer is mostly harmless with his shart and rep comments. Shit I wouldn't even ban time4fun because again she mostly just spews her bullshit in the politics folder.

I mean the downright nasty people who are all over the forum, making not a single topic safe. People such as hello, although he hasn't been as bad ever since this new safe space forum opened up.
I agree with that assessment, and all those you identified would be on my short list of banning. I understand isolating the shinanigans, but without a way to manage what content is displayed to the user or a mechanism to opt in/out, etc (ie: plugins), whether isolated or not, would need to be treated equally. If it could be properly isolated, I'd give less than 0 fucks if you fucked around with whatever the fuck you do. There was such a hissy fit over even deleting anything Hello said in the other forum concern thread, that I've stuck to merchanting stuff per initial scope requested by Kranar when my permissions were granted.

Furthermore, as mentioned elsewhere, without admin, more banning tools, and better authentication requirements, all I can do is whack a mole with user accounts. Like Hello, the asshats you identified will just be back the next day on whatever account they want. We'd be up to Tgo102018 by tomorrow evening! It's not as effective as it is perceived as.

Tgo01
08-09-2017, 04:56 PM
Oh, I'm sorry. Is my toxic attitude and general shitposting bothering you? Do you need a safe space? Would you like some moderation?

Yes, please, do you happen to know of such a place?

Whirlin
08-09-2017, 04:56 PM
He's not a spokesman... just a user, much like your own relation with PC. The exact same tier. Only admins are Ondreian, Tysong, and myself.

Tgo01
08-09-2017, 04:57 PM
It's funny how quickly you guys call for Whirlin when someone besides you, talks the way you talk on a daily basis.

No, SashaFierce, just the pieces of shit who whined for a safe space and as soon as they got their wish decided to stay here anyways :)

You don't see me giving Tenlaar or Luntz shit do ya?

Tgo01
08-09-2017, 04:59 PM
I agree with that assessment, and all those you identified would be on my short list of banning.

"All" those people I identified? I only named one person I thought needed to be banned, the others were examples of people I don't want to see banned, even though they are the ones who are usually brought up as needing to be banned.

It is interesting you think time4fun needs to be banned though. That's gotta make her wince at your new forum.

SashaFierce
08-09-2017, 05:06 PM
No, SashaFierce, just the pieces of shit who whined for a safe space and as soon as they got their wish decided to stay here anyways :)

You don't see me giving Tenlaar or Luntz shit do ya?

You're giving me shit and I didn't whine for a safe space, nor abandon you.

"All" those people I identified? I only named one person I thought needed to be banned, the others were examples of people I don't want to see banned, even though they are the ones who are usually brought up as needing to be banned.

It is interesting you think time4fun needs to be banned though. That's gotta make her wince at your new forum.

It's not true that those names stick to one general spot. One of them in particular gives shart reps to everyone.

Tgo01
08-09-2017, 05:08 PM
You're giving me shit and I didn't whine for a safe space, nor abandon you.

You didn't whine about how people were picking on you? Shit. You tricked Kranar into making you a mod then proceeded to delete entire threads where people were being meanie heads. You are like the poster child of people on this forum screaming for a safe space forum.

SashaFierce
08-09-2017, 05:19 PM
You didn't whine about how people were picking on you? Shit. You tricked Kranar into making you a mod then proceeded to delete entire threads where people were being meanie heads. You are like the poster child of people on this forum screaming for a safe space forum.

Uh, no?

And I'm obviously a silver-tongued devil, and Kranar is foolish enough to believe my delicious lies, amirite?

I deleted 1 thread, created by Haldrik, where he made up lies to create drama. Oh no!

Tenlaar
08-09-2017, 05:27 PM
I deleted 1 thread, created by Haldrik, where he made up lies to create drama. Oh no!

You literally have a link in your own signature to a thread that displays you deleting posts from multiple people saying that you are untrustworthy and shouldn't be in charge of any kind of list of people who are trustworthy.

Which, by the way, is how I ended up re-reading the thread about what a horrible and sketchy moderator you were.

SashaFierce
08-09-2017, 05:29 PM
You literally have a link in your own signature to a thread that displays you deleting posts from multiple people saying that you are untrustworthy and shouldn't be in charge of any kind of list of people who are trustworthy.

Which, by the way, is how I ended up re-reading the thread about what a horrible and sketchy moderator you were.

Are we talking about threads, or posts? I deleted Shartbringers posts too.

Are you happy now? Or are you just going to find more things to argue about because you're lonely and at least if you start an argument someone will talk to you.

Mogonis
08-09-2017, 05:30 PM

Are you happy now? Or are you just going to find more things to argue about because you're lonely and at least if you start an argument someone will talk to you.
He's to the point of name-calling and projecting his own situation onto others.

http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/dy5859e3df.gif

SashaFierce
08-09-2017, 05:31 PM
I'm obsessed so I need to follow people around and post Jiffs to make people think I'm cool and part of the gang.

http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/dy5859e3df.gif

Mogonis
08-09-2017, 05:32 PM
Precisely. Now that's out of the way.

Wrathbringer
08-09-2017, 05:34 PM

Are you happy now?.

You bastard!!!!!!

Parkbandit
08-09-2017, 05:42 PM

Holy shit, I actually snort laughed.

Tenlaar
08-09-2017, 05:44 PM

Well played. It really bothers me when people bring up things that I did which are completely relevant and refute my statements too. Best response is to lash out with a random and unfounded personal attack rather than owning up to your own mistakes.

Parkbandit
08-09-2017, 05:45 PM
Sounds like the consensus so far is: yah some people should be banned, but otherwise not too much more.

Like who should actually be banned and for what reasons?

Some features needed. I am in agreement with all this, it is exactly what I've been saying all along. Kranar is not as close minded as you may think. Ultimately his main sticking point is moderation and a free spirit approach to the forums. Wich it seems like even the non-troll types want to keep. But maybe he would compromise on at least establishing some bare bones ground rules. I can reach out to him about it tomorrow.

What I did with my eq forums to strike a balance was having an "inferno" forum where basically anything goes. Here that is the politics forum. But I would change it and restructure slightly, then mod staff has to be consistent in moving flame threads there. This is a start, more needs to be done but typing from my phone. Anybody miss Tapatalk besides me?

YES! Tapatalk needs to happen.

Latrinsorm
08-10-2017, 08:14 PM
OP: Yes.

drauz
08-10-2017, 08:17 PM
OP: Yes.

You also want universal surveillance, right? No surprise there.

Methais
08-10-2017, 08:18 PM

We don't take pills without tacos seriously around here.

SHAFT
08-10-2017, 08:20 PM
Tacos weren't an option.

I'm not voting.

Mogonis
08-10-2017, 08:23 PM
We don't take pills without tacos seriously around here.
A spoonful of tacos makes the medicine go down?

Methais
08-10-2017, 08:30 PM

THE POLICE POLICE!

drauz
08-10-2017, 08:44 PM
THE POLICE POLICE!

But who polices the POLICE POLICE?!

Methais
08-10-2017, 08:51 PM
But who polices the POLICE POLICE?!

Latrinsorm.

Latrinsorm
08-10-2017, 09:19 PM
You also want universal surveillance, right? No surprise there.DrauzP: Yes.
Latrinsorm.I would be so good at it though! You "can" "trust" me!

Methais
08-10-2017, 09:32 PM
DrauzP: Yes.I would be so good at it though! You "can" "trust" me!

That's why I said it! I know you won't fap to people while they're showering like I do to Tisket and...hey wait a minute did I say that out loud?

https://media.giphy.com/media/jUwpNzg9IcyrK/giphy.gif

drauz
08-10-2017, 09:34 PM
You "can" "trust" me!

I doubt a certain singer/songwriter could though